MINUTES RA Meeting August 25, 2018

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

MINUTES RA Meeting August 25, 2018

Post by Rosie Gray »

[12:11] Bagheera Kristan: well, I am not sure anyone else is coming, but I don't want to waste everyone's time - so we can start...
[12:11] Sudane Erato: at least in the sailing sims, crossing borders is much better than it used to be
[12:11] Bagheera Kristan: we are not quorate but I deeply appreciate you being here Sudane
[12:11] Sudane Erato: my pleasure :)
[12:12] Lilith Ivory: too bad not more citizens are interested
[12:12] Bagheera Kristan: There is an agenda in the box, but mostly I think we can talk about the NFS builds, if everyone is in agreement
[12:12] Lilith Ivory: perhaps we should saend out a group note again?
[12:12] Bagheera Kristan: I had several people IM me this morning say they wish they could come but the time is bad
[12:12] Bagheera Kristan: yes, good idea, Lilith - let me do that - thank you
[12:12] Lilith Ivory: yw :)
[12:12] Sudane Erato: I'm sorry i'm only available on weekends :(
[12:13] Lilith Ivory: normally weekends are not a bad time I was thinking
[12:14] Bagheera Kristan: well, virtual worlds are supposed to be carefree :) so no apologies necessary, only gratitude from me :)
[12:14] Sudane Erato: hehe
[12:15] Sudane Erato: not sure the CDS is carefree :)
[12:15] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory giggles
[12:15] Lilith Ivory: only if you say "nobody cares"
[12:15] Bagheera Kristan: right lol, well, one must always have a goal to strive for ! *laughing*
[12:15] Bagheera Kristan: striving for carefree
[12:16] Sudane Erato: true... yes! :)
[12:16] Lilith Ivory: yea and sorry for being sarcastic :)
[12:16] Bagheera Kristan: ah, Bixyl is on his way, it looks like
[12:16] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory sugarcoats her words again as the press guy is coming closer ;-)
[12:16] Sudane Erato: hehe
[12:16] Bixyl Shuftan: Hey there :-)
[12:16] Lilith Ivory: Hi Bixyl :)
[12:16] Bagheera Kristan: so, I don't know how much structure we need when we are not quorate, so I will just begin and if someone wants to direct things differently, just let me know
[12:17] Sudane Erato: hi! :)
[12:17] Bixyl ShuftanBixyl Shuftan tips his hat
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: Hi Bixyl :)
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: welcome
[12:17] Bixyl Shuftan: Thank you
[12:18] Bagheera Kristan: We are not quorate but we can have a dialogue in real time that will be shared on the forum as minutes, so that - I think - will be useful
[12:18] Bixyl Shuftan: If you'd rather not have me here, it's fine. "Dirty laundry" isn't my sort of thing. ;-)
[12:18] Sudane Erato: lol... you are totally welcome!
[12:18] Bixyl Shuftan: Heh heh
[12:18] Bagheera Kristan: ??? you are totally welcome, Bixyl
[12:18] Bixyl Shuftan: Thank you
[12:18] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory smiles and nods in agreement
[12:19] Sudane Erato: not much dirty laundry today...
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: thhis is meant to be public, Bix, and it might become quite interesting
[12:19] Sudane Erato: rather
[12:19] Sudane Erato: a lot of techie discussion i think
[12:19] Lilith Ivory: interesting not in the chinese way :)
[12:19] Bagheera Kristan: So to begin, does anyone have anything under Administrative business they wish to discuss?
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[12:19] Sudane Erato: lol Lil :)
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: do we record a transcript?
[12:20] Lilith Ivory: needless to say I am fine with being transcripted :)
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: yes please do record a transcription, TAn
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: okay
[12:20] Sudane Erato: we should if we're going to discuss the densification project
[12:20] Lilith Ivory: I agree
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: i will keep it
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: right, I am hoping this meeting will be useful and should be recorded, I think
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: thank you Tan
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: please use the talking stick to be added to the list, if I don't see anything
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: yw :)
[12:21] Bagheera Kristan: if I dont' see any names, I'll just keep chugging through the Agenda
[12:21] Bagheera Kristan: So, moving on to Citizen Concerns
[12:21] Bagheera Kristan: Are there any citizen concerns?
[12:22] Bagheera Kristan: okay, then, thank you. Moving on to RA concerns...
[12:22] Bagheera Kristan: well, aside from the laggy point in Colonia Nova I mentioned before the meeting which we can explore after, I don't see anything else, so moving on...
[12:23] Bagheera Kristan: Old Business - Item 4a and 4b are related. I want to thank Sudane again for being here
[12:23] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:23] Bagheera Kristan: Sudane, would you like to talk about what you are doing for the record? maybe talk about the new issues like the texturing you and discussed - or whatever you think is relevant
[12:24] Sudane Erato: ok
[12:24] Bagheera Kristan: ty :)
[12:25] Sudane Erato: everyone recalls that some months ago it was proposed to the RA that we take steps to slowly "densify" within the walls at NFS
[12:25] Sudane Erato: "densify" meaning...
[12:25] Sudane Erato: to create builds which more completely filled the spaces between streets
[12:25] Sudane Erato: adding to a sense of narrow streets and taller buildings
[12:26] Sudane Erato: like the RL city on which NFS is modeled
[12:26] Sudane Erato: the RA approved the idea
[12:26] Sudane Erato: and we went ahead...
[12:26] Sudane Erato: but... quite understandably
[12:26] Sudane Erato: questions have been raised
[12:27] Sudane Erato: the approach is different than we've ever done
[12:27] Sudane Erato: in several ways
[12:27] Sudane Erato: first...
[12:27] Sudane Erato: because of the limitations of parcel making in SL
[12:27] Sudane Erato: the parcels in the city walls do not line up with the streets exactly
[12:28] Sudane Erato: they sometimes withdraw from the streets
[12:28] Sudane Erato: and sometimes overlap the streets
[12:28] Sudane Erato: so that means that the builds may not entirely be on the parcels
[12:28] Sudane Erato: second
[12:29] Sudane Erato: it was proposed that because of the necessarily customized nature of the builds
[12:29] Sudane Erato: that they be anchored NOT on the parcels
[12:29] Sudane Erato: but rather on public land
[12:29] Sudane Erato: so that the build itself would not be a prim burden of the parcel owner
[12:29] Bixyl Shuftan: Hello Widget
[12:30] Widget WhiteberryWidget Whiteberry waves
[12:30] Sudane Erato: concern has been expressed tof having enough prims
[12:30] Sudane Erato: ... I think we have enough
[12:30] Bixyl Shuftan: Heh, were you trying to fix the humingbird feeder, and it broke on you?
[12:30] Sudane Erato: but... certainly something to discuss
[12:30] Sudane Erato: also
[12:31] Sudane Erato: Bags mentioned to me the frustration of an owner not being able to change the textures of the build
[12:31] Sudane Erato: something others have mentioned too
[12:31] Sudane Erato: and thats a good issue
[12:31] Sudane Erato: I've been working for a couple of weeks on a new script
[12:32] Sudane Erato: that will allow that to happen... for ONLY the textures that we choose to allow to be changed... namely interior
[12:32] Sudane Erato: mostly done with it... but I'm not a very good scripter :)
[12:32] Lilith Ivory: wow, amazing
[12:32] Sudane Erato: so it will take awhile :)
[12:33] Sudane Erato: so... thats the overview
[12:33] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[12:33] Sudane Erato: I didn't mention the interest in rentals vs ownership
[12:33] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Sudane
[12:33] Sudane Erato: thats another whole topic
[12:33] Sudane Erato: so... questions?
[12:33] Sudane Erato: comments
[12:33] Bagheera Kristan: go ahead Tan
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: yes :) Question
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you
[12:34] Tanoujin Milestone: We asked ourselves where this project finds its natural limit... is it the number of oddly shaped parcels in the walls of NFS?
[12:34] Sudane Erato: well
[12:35] Sudane Erato: thats a community questions really
[12:35] Sudane Erato: it seems to me that within the walls of a city is the natural limit
[12:35] Sudane Erato: NFS... perhaps CN
[12:35] Sudane Erato: CH has not nearly the same problem
[12:35] Sudane Erato: CN
[12:36] Sudane Erato: since the streets are at right angles
[12:36] Sudane Erato: oh... sorry
[12:36] Sudane Erato: but... the issue of anchoring on public land
[12:36] Sudane Erato: that might apply to CN
[12:36] Sudane Erato: done
[12:37] Tanoujin Milestone: where do the oddly shaped parcels stem from? In NFS... some time the Gwynethstrasse was moved away from the wall - that caused a lot of fuss. Who was initiating this change? done
[12:37] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:37] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[12:37] Sudane Erato: The oddly shaped parcels
[12:37] Sudane Erato: arrive from the fact that in SL, parcels are assdemblages of 4 m squares
[12:38] Sudane Erato: thats the smallest element of a parcel
[12:38] Sudane Erato: so
[12:38] Sudane Erato: if you have any street
[12:38] Sudane Erato: which is not exactly 4 m wide
[12:38] Sudane Erato: and exactly on a rectalinear grid
[12:39] Sudane Erato: then you will get odd spaped parcels as you try to define the space
[12:39] Sudane Erato: now
[12:39] Sudane Erato: re Gwynethstrasse
[12:39] Sudane Erato: originally the street was under the wall
[12:39] Sudane Erato: and the parcels on the other side
[12:40] Sudane Erato: it was moved... ... but the overlapping parcels/common land issue remained the same
[12:40] Sudane Erato: I'm not compleely remembering why we moved it
[12:40] Sudane Erato: i think it was determined to be more practical... or more visial
[12:41] Bagheera Kristan: *nods*
[12:41] Sudane Erato: compre it to Sudanestrasse
[12:41] Sudane Erato: which remains under the wall
[12:41] Sudane Erato: i think it is much more boring
[12:41] Sudane Erato: done
[12:41] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory nods
[12:41] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you very much
[12:42] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Sudane. I had some comments / questions....
[12:42] Sudane Erato: sure!
[12:42] Bagheera Kristan: I know - I have heard and seen repeatedly - there is much enthusiasm for this and a LOT of appreciation and admiration for what you are building !
[12:42] Sudane Erato: ty :)
[12:44] Bagheera Kristan: I wanted to bring it up to the RA because I just wanted to make sure we didn't get ahead of ourselves - like technology so often gets ahead of the parameters. I'm not sure I am saying that quite right, but I think you know what I mean...so this is not to discourage, quite the opposite ! just to get ahead of some questions.... there are 4 main areas...
[12:45] Sudane Erato: pok
[12:45] Bagheera Kristan: 1. how a person can handle their own media and/or - especially for a newbie - understand that there is going to be some breaking in and out....
[12:46] Bagheera Kristan: 2. along the same lines - parcels provide privacy - to have a private conversation in local or to not be seen outside of parcel lines - I think you have addressed some of that with your brilliant parcel line prims
[12:46] Sudane Erato: Media would be addressed the same way
[12:46] Bagheera Kristan: 3. in general - if/when a citizen wants to change something or replace a build entirely - to have the guidelines in place - you are already working on the texture script which is fantastic ! ...
[12:47] Bagheera Kristan: but in general - to talk about how/when a citizen can remove a build and replace it with their own - with Executive approval - and then after they leave, the restoration of it by the EMs.
[12:48] Bagheera Kristan: 4. oh, that was 4 - sorry - how to be sure the builds are restorable after a citizen leaves and someone wants to put your build back
[12:48] Bagheera Kristan: okay, done
[12:48] Sudane Erato: well
[12:48] Sudane Erato: 4 is another issue really for the community to decide
[12:49] Sudane Erato: I feel that the person using that parcel must accept the build there with the parcel
[12:49] Sudane Erato: but
[12:49] Sudane Erato: its not my decision
[12:49] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[12:49] Sudane Erato: each build is most definitely full perm
[12:50] Sudane Erato: and is, or will be, deposited with Archie
[12:50] Sudane Erato: so
[12:50] Sudane Erato: if its decided to remove the build and replace it
[12:50] Sudane Erato: it can easily be returned to the exact same spot
[12:50] Sudane Erato: but... as said
[12:51] Sudane Erato: I don't feel that the builds should be replaceable by citizens
[12:51] Sudane Erato: the parcels in the city are VRERY cheap
[12:51] Sudane Erato: and with the builds not on the parcels... an extraordinary deal
[12:51] Sudane Erato: I feel that that should be the p[ackage offered
[12:51] Sudane Erato: done
[12:52] Lilith Ivory: may I?
[12:52] Lilith Ivory: lol
[12:52] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Sudane, I have one quick reply and then will call on Lilith - my one quick reply - and this is personal taste - that the
[12:53] Bagheera Kristan: that sometimes someone might want one large room because they have larger avatar or a higher camera height...that is all
[12:53] Bagheera Kristan: go ahead Lilith
[12:53] Lilith Ivory: ah ok
[12:53] Lilith Ivory: I wanted to say that I totally agree with Sudane (who did a very good job making her buildings usable for tall Avatars like me btw)
[12:54] Lilith Ivory: we have the situation with CS prefab buildings in LA harbor already and I have to say: if I don´t like the building that is on a parcel I just go ahead and buy another one :)
[12:56] Lilith Ivory: also when a citizen insists in having a building in NFS replaced the EMs should first explain to this citizen the extra deal with the ancored house - and of course inform the citizen that this deal does not work if she or he wants to have an own huse on those parcels
[12:56] Lilith Ivory: done
[12:56] Lilith Ivory: *house
[12:56] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Lilith. Go ahead Tan.
[12:56] Tanoujin Milestone: i think we have to see the development - dor a long time we had just moon's and Dianne's cubes
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone: people found an empty parcel, put a cube on it, delete it when they go - that was not the best practice for sure
[12:58] Tanoujin Milestone: later Rosie and others started to build special houses for special parcels - and they were re-erected. That was progress
[12:59] Lilith Ivory: Hi Han :)
[12:59] Sudane Erato: hey Han :)
[12:59] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Hiya, Lilith :)
[12:59] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Hiya Sudane :)
[12:59] Tanoujin Milestone: now, when we offer good information to the potential renter and citizen what he is going to rent, a "densified building" or how ever we name that in the end, it is just consequetal, and I believe it would be good to change to fixed prefabs if we keep some of the cubed areas asa an alternative. Done
[12:59] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Sorry I barely made it, folks *waves*
[12:59] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[12:59] Tanoujin Milestone: Hey Han :)
[12:59] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Hiya, Tan :)
[13:00] Bagheera Kristan: Hi Han - Tan, were you done?
[13:00] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, thank you
[13:00] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:00] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[13:00] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Hiya, Bixyl :)
[13:01] Bagheera Kristan: Okay - smiles. Han, since you are here - we are not quorate but we are keeping minutes...is there anything you would like to share as Executive/Chancellor?
[13:01] Bixyl Shuftan: Hey there Han :-)
[13:01] Bixyl Shuftan: Hope you're doing well.
[13:02] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): I don't think that there's much to say from my end ...I'm hoping that the LUC will be able to meet soon, the Monastery hand-off seems to be going ok-ish and I still need to have folks step forward if they're at all interested in meeting with me to do some sort of advertising comittee
[13:02] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): That's about all I can think of off-hand.
[13:03] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): And I should have used the stick -I apologize.
[13:03] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Done :)
[13:03] Sudane Erato: :)
[13:03] Bagheera Kristan: no no, I asked! lol :) thank you
[13:03] Bagheera Kristan: so I think we are done talking about 4a and 4b - unless anyone has anything else they want to say at this time?
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: And as Han mentioned, it looks like the Monastery hand-off is going okay, which is 4c. Does anyone have anything they want to say about 4c?
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: Okay - 4d - RA appointments to the LUC
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: I saw on the forums...
[13:05] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[13:05] Tanoujin MilestoneTanoujin Milestone raises hand
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: Han had asked Ranma and then hadn't heard back, so appointed Kiki as the Chancellor's rep
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: yes Tan?
[13:05] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory reminds the RA they are not quorate
[13:06] Tanoujin Milestone: Rosie asked me to nominate Kyoko and Delia as citizen reps for the LUC, they both agreed
[13:06] Tanoujin Milestone: hi Pip
[13:06] Bagheera Kristan: okay
[13:06] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Hiya, Pip
[13:06] Lilith Ivory: hi Pip
[13:06] Bagheera Kristan: we can formalize this at the next meeting
[13:06] Sudane Erato: hey Pip :)
[13:06] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, yes, I am afraid we have to table it - but i interrupted you, Bags, sorry, done
[13:06] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Han Held
[13:06] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[13:06] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Hi, am I up?
[13:07] Bagheera Kristan: if you are done, Han is next - I was just going to suggest Ranma
[13:07] Pip Torok: hi sudane llith
[13:07] Bagheera Kristan: yes Han, please go ahead
[13:07] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): I just wanted to mention that there's a little confusion about the LUC; but Ranma **did** accept my nomination to serve
[13:08] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): And Kyoko/Samara Barzane (sp?) wanted to be nominted as the citizen representative
[13:08] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): done.
[13:08] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:08] Bagheera Kristan: just a moment please
[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: I am a little confused, let me make sure I get my facts straight, lol
[13:11] Bagheera Kristan: posting this here for reference: the law says: To be composed of six members whose aggregate expertise is composed of, but not limited to: terraforming, landscaping, building, texture creation and application. Such members are to be nominated: 1. Two citizens, by the CDS Artisans Guild, or by subsequent, approved, NGOs; 2. One citizen by the RA from its membership, each term and not subject to the rotation, appointed by the RA by simple majority. 3. One citizen from the Executive Branch, appointed by the Chancellor, and; 4. Two citizens appointed by RA members from the Citizenry-at-large, via a simple majority vote by the RA.
[13:11] Bagheera Kristan: The citizens at large are appointed by the RA
[13:11] Bagheera Kristan: one citizen by the Chancellor
[13:12] Bagheera Kristan: I am getting confused by all the different appointing bodies referring to the candidates as citizens at large - which is the purvue of the RA
[13:12] Bagheera Kristan: can you help me straighten this out? have I got this right?
[13:12] Tanoujin Milestone: sure
[13:12] Sudane Erato: hehe... it IS confusing :)
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: 1. Guild Reps: Sudane and me
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: 2. from RA membership: Rosie
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: 3. exec rep: RAnma
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: 4. Citizenry at large : Nominated are delia and Kyoko ( by Rosie)
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: and we are not qorate to decide today
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[13:14] Bagheera Kristan: right
[13:14] Bagheera Kristan: okay, thank you Tan
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: my pleasure
[13:14] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held)Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held) nods towards Tan agreeably
[13:14] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held)Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held) agreeingly
[13:15] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held)Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held) agrees
[13:15] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[13:15] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): :D
[13:15] Bagheera Kristan: :D
[13:15] Bagheera Kristan: okay, so that is settled as far as it goes today. Moving on... CDS website and access issues....
[13:16] Bagheera Kristan: I tested it this morning, the problem still persists - you have received images of my screenshots as part of the Agenda package
[13:16] Lilith Ivory: I wonder if someone informed Mizou already about this problem
[13:16] Bagheera Kristan: I included the law for reference, I was thinking it might be useful to look at the law for guidance on how to solve this...as there are supposed to be two fall back individuals for website issues when Mizou is not available
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: Han, I think you contacted Mizou?
[13:17] Lilith Ivory: as you might know she has a not very easy RL this year
[13:17] Sudane Erato: I wonder if she is out from under her Rl ISSUES?
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: I am not looking to blame anyone and if she is having a rough time, certainly CDS shouldn't be added to her burdens
[13:17] Lilith Ivory: I have not seen Mizou online for ages when I was on
[13:17] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): As I understand it, Mizou is in chrage of the portal, and Gwyn handles the forum
[13:17] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): "and never the twain shall meet"
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: does anyone know who the back up individuals are that are specified in the law?
[13:18] Lilith Ivory: I might have to say something to this in general if I may :)
[13:18] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): I have contacted Mizou before -I can send her a notecard, but I think it might be better to send the screenshots to Rosie, and note, and ask her to try first
[13:18] Bagheera Kristan: yes Lilith, please go ahead
[13:18] Lilith Ivory: ok :)
[13:18] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): I think she'll get better results than I would
[13:18] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): If she won't, I'll be happy to
[13:18] Bagheera Kristan: Lilith, you have the floor
[13:19] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): (afk irl, brb)
[13:19] Lilith Ivory: as you might know way back in the past wise men and women decided it is the job of the SC to appoint the ones responsible for the portal and the forum
[13:19] Sudane Erato: :)
[13:19] Bixyl Shuftan: (brb too, the dog)
[13:19] Lilith Ivory: but I have to admit I am a bloody website newbie and don´t even have the experience to know if someone is qualified to do that job or not
[13:20] Lilith Ivory: and the problem we have at the moment is that I can´t think of anyone besides Gwyn (who is not very easy to contact) and Mizou who could do those jobs
[13:21] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): (back)
[13:21] Lilith Ivory: so if anyone thinks to have the knowledge and RL time to take care about both websites in a more quick way, please feel free to let me kow and the SC will gladly consider a replacement :)
[13:21] Lilith Ivory: done
[13:22] Bagheera Kristan: *wry laugh* well this is very frustrating for me because I am qualified to do the job, I think there are several others as well... but then it is a procedural issue - I don't want to do waht I am not supposed to
[13:22] Bagheera Kristan: and it involves having the keys - I thought there were people already in place to do it :)
[13:22] Lilith Ivory: well , just tell me you want to have that job and I weill call a SC meeting so we can decide to give it to you after your term as LRA ends :)
[13:22] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): I'd have to learn the softwre, and the last time I managed a web forum server it got PWNED in 4 days...so I'll pass
[13:23] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory smiles bright
[13:23] Bagheera Kristan: okay, well if everyone is okay with my fixing it, I'll get in touch with you after the meeting, Lilith and we can get it fixed - it takes about 2-3 days for the certificate to go through
[13:23] Bagheera Kristan: go ahead Sudane
[13:24] Lilith Ivory: I am not sure about the portal but moving the forum from gwyns hand to soneoine else is quite some work
[13:24] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): I'm more concerned with it being **done** (hopefully well) than with dotting I's and crossing T's
[13:24] Sudane Erato: I WAS JUST GOING TO COMMENT
[13:24] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): speaking as Chancellor
[13:24] Sudane Erato: sorry
[13:24] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): sorry, Sudane
[13:24] Sudane Erato: that from my knowledge of website people
[13:24] Sudane Erato: each one... and this surely includes Gwyn and Mizou
[13:24] Sudane Erato: have their own way of doing it
[13:25] Sudane Erato: so that if someone else were to look into the site that Mizou built
[13:25] Sudane Erato: they would say... this is all wrong
[13:25] Sudane Erato: so...
[13:25] Tanoujin Milestone: hehehehe
[13:25] Sudane Erato: I would suggest that we modify the site only through some coordination with Mizou
[13:26] Sudane Erato: done
[13:26] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory nods in agreement
[13:26] Bagheera Kristan: To be clear, all I am going to do is purchase a current certificate and install it - I won't touch the website structure in any other way
[13:26] Sudane Erato: perhaps thats fine... i am totally ignorant
[13:26] Bagheera Kristan: I've already gone round a couple tiems on the website, I'm not going there, lol - jsut fixing the certificate
[13:26] Lilith Ivory: I don´t have the tools to do anything with the portal and most likely not with the forum either - and the forum isn´t the problem atm as far as I know
[13:26] Sudane Erato: its just my observation about website people :)
[13:27] Bagheera Kristan: you are right, lol, I am a website person and I have very definite ideas about things - but I won't touch what isn't mine to touch
[13:27] Sudane Erato: but Bags... if you can fix it... I think you should do so!!
[13:27] Bixyl Shuftan: (back)
[13:27] Lilith Ivory: I can´t help you with that Bags
[13:27] Tanoujin Milestone: wb Bixyl :)
[13:27] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): (wb, Bixyl)
[13:27] Bixyl Shuftan: (thank you :-) )
[13:28] Bagheera Kristan: okay - well, I can sort out getting what I need -
[13:28] Bagheera Kristan: go ahead Han
[13:28] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Thank you.
[13:28] Tanoujin MilestoneTanoujin Milestone looks at the stick and scratches his head
[13:28] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Han Held
[13:28] Bagheera Kristan: sorry
[13:28] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): First I want to voice my support for your installing the certificates
[13:28] Sudane Erato: sorry
[13:28] Lilith Ivory: I do agree it should be Mizou or with permission from Mizou
[13:29] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): and apart from that I want to note that the portal is a valuable promotional resource that I feel I haven't been able to use during my term because of this issue.
[13:29] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Which is annoying AF
[13:29] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): So I'd love to see it fixed :D
[13:29] Sudane Erato: yep
[13:29] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Done
[13:29] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:29] Lilith Ivory: why don´t you just contact Mizou Bags ?
[13:29] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Han. Lilith, i will endeavor to contact Mizou, yes
[13:29] Sudane Erato: I'd dearly love it if Mizou were re-enaged... but she's not yet
[13:29] Bagheera Kristan: but if she is feeling overwhelmed, I don't want her to feel she has to make this one more thing to solve
[13:29] Sudane Erato: so if Bags can fix it readily... I'd say do it!
[13:30] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Bags; that's why I am hesitant to get all in her FB
[13:30] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): and why I suggested asking Rosie to liason if Rosie's willing
[13:30] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): But it needs to be done, so I'm happy if you want to contact Mizou directly,t oo
[13:30] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[13:31] Tanoujin Milestone: question to Lilith
[13:31] Lilith Ivory: yes?
[13:31] Bagheera Kristan: go ahead Tan
[13:31] Tanoujin Milestone: you said "after your term as LRA" - is that an issue?
[13:31] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[13:31] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:31] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[13:32] Lilith Ivory: well, I would have to look it up but I don´t think so
[13:32] Lilith Ivory: just being careful :)
[13:32] Bagheera Kristan: smiles
[13:32] Tanoujin Milestone: sigh, i pray it is no problem.
[13:33] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held)Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held) whistles, looks up at the sky
[13:33] Bagheera Kristan: moving to General Announcemnts
[13:33] Bagheera Kristan: (sorry, my keyboard froze)
[13:33] Bagheera Kristan: Are there any general announcements?
[13:33] Bagheera Kristan: okay then
[13:33] Bagheera Kristan: schedule of the next RA meeting
[13:34] Bixyl Shuftan: (my computer just slowed to a crawl as well)
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: we should probably go back to a Monday at noon, as that seems to work for most everyone
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: Tan, what works for you?
[13:34] Tanoujin Milestone: anything round noon
[13:35] Bagheera Kristan: so, a week from Monday is Labor day, that probably isn't good, so the following Monday? - Sept 10?
[13:35] Bagheera Kristan: Monday, Sept 10 at 12 noon?
[13:36] Sudane Erato: Labor Day is only US
[13:36] Bagheera Kristan: right, sorry
[13:36] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): It might be bad for the USian members of the government?
[13:37] Bagheera Kristan: Tan, does Monday, Sept 10th at 12 noon work for you for the next RA meeting?
[13:37] Tanoujin Milestone: yes
[13:37] Bagheera Kristan: (maybe he froze too?)
[13:37] Bagheera Kristan: ah lol
[13:37] Tanoujin Milestone: sorry
[13:37] Bagheera Kristan: okay, yay, well then, the next RA meeting is Monday, Sept 10th at 12 noon
[13:38] Tanoujin Milestone: wonderful
[13:38] Bagheera Kristan: unless anyone has anything else....?
[13:38] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): um
[13:38] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): kinda
[13:38] Bagheera Kristan: is there a motion to adjourn?
[13:38] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): YeSaH!
[13:38] Bagheera Kristan: oh soryr
[13:38] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead Han
[13:39] Bixyl Shuftan: Well, maybe one thing. The monestary that's being given to someone else, what was the LM?
[13:39] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Quick note -I am not sure how much I will be around between today and October 8th (approximately) as I will be focusing on organizing and arranging Avatarfest
[13:39] Bixyl Shuftan: Maybe I could at least post a pic or a brief in the paper about it.
[13:39] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): I should be back to normal sometime around Oct 10th
[13:39] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory raises hand
[13:39] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): and I am ALWAYS availiable through my yahoo email address
[13:39] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): Done
[13:40] Bagheera Kristan: thank you Han, go ahead Lilith
[13:40] Bagheera Kristan: ((will get info to Bixyl))
[13:40] Bixyl Shuftan: (thank you)
[13:40] Lilith Ivory: I just want to remind all that it is about time to unpack our dirndl as RL Octoberfest normally starts end of september :)
[13:41] Sudane Erato: oh wow... thats right!
[13:41] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held)Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held) **!!Passes out!!**
[13:41] Bagheera Kristan: right !
[13:41] Bagheera Kristan: lol Han
[13:41] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory laughs - you know how much I love humpa
[13:41] Sudane Erato: poor Han
[13:41] Tanoujin Milestone: hoid dei Goschn
[13:41] Hannah Marie Tempestwolf (han.held): I need to write to Kyoko and Rosie about that and see if they'll handle Oktoberfest
[13:41] Sudane Erato: :)
[13:42] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory smiles
[13:42] Bagheera Kristan: okay, is there a motion to adjourn?
[13:42] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[13:42] Bagheera Kristan: second
[13:42] Bagheera Kristan: vote for fun
[13:42] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[13:42] Tanoujin Milestone: aye

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”