Transcript, RA Meeting 25-January-2020

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
richie deschanel
Casual contributor
Casual contributor
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:12 pm

Transcript, RA Meeting 25-January-2020

Post by richie deschanel »

Transcript of the Meeting of the Representative Assembly held on 25 January 2020

Present: Lyubov (20180414), Rosie Gray, Kyoko Furse-Barzane, Tanoujin Milestone, Richie Deschanel

Also Present: Lilith Ivory, Emilia Dagostino , Sudane Erato, Delia lake, Lilith Ivory, Monica Bloodwolf, Keila Forager

[12:07] Lyubov (20180414): okay....time to start...
[12:08] Lyubov (20180414): Good afternoon CDS Citizens. I call this third meeting of the 32nd RA to order.
[12:08] Lyubov (20180414): The first item on today's agenda is 1.1 Review and approve the agenda, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9327
[12:08] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to approve the agenda
[12:08] Rosie Gray: second
[12:08] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Tan and Rosie.
[12:09] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote to approve the agenda.
[12:09] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[12:09] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[12:09] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:09] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:09] Richie Deschanel: aye
[12:09] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you, the agenda has been approved.
[12:09] Lyubov (20180414): Our next item is 1.2 Review and approve the minutes 6-January-2020, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9299
[12:10] Lyubov (20180414): I motion that the Minutes be approved.
[12:10] Richie Deschanel: second
[12:10] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Richie.
[12:10] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote to approve the Minutes.
[12:10] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[12:10] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[12:10] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:10] Richie Deschanel: aye
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: I abstain because I have not read them and I am not gooing to read them now
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[12:10] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Tan. The Minutes have been approved.
[12:11] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): honest representastive ;)
[12:11] Lyubov (20180414): Our next agenda item is *2. Executive Report. Chancellor Emilia, you have the floor.
[12:14] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): Well, we've had ups and downs since the last meeting. Cathy Sabre had a bad patch and has stepped away from her several roles this past couple of weeks. I've sent a message of encouragement from us all to recover as well as she can and then return here only for a vacation, meaning not to work so hard as to fall into ill health again. As i mentioned to Kyoko, i think, today, perhaps my legacy will be to relax.
[12:15] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): I do appreciate what you are all doing to not only sustain us but to improve us. Just remember to do it at your leisure and take nature breaks. When work as in rl piles on, we all have to find a healthy work life balance.
[12:15] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:16] Lyubov (20180414): Very good advice :)
[12:16] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): I meant to check first, but i think our rentals are stable, and not too in arrears.
[12:16] Richie Deschanel: indeed
[12:16] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): and oh yes, Soro has again sent me a tiny message, which was from an unknown phone in a brief text.
[12:17] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): Something like "I survived my ------------, and i'm alive and online"
[12:17] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): I'm smiling. I'm sure he needs a bit more rest but will return to us.
[12:18] Rosie Gray: good news ㋡
[12:18] Lyubov (20180414): :)
[12:18] Delia Lake whispers: very good news
[12:18] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): The recent events were wonderful, the Ice Skating event, mostly planned by Cathy, was great fun. Kyoko's Trifekta was really fun, last evening.
[12:20] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): I look forward to visiting Tan and Lil's Monastery....! Just too much rl recently, but grateful to grab a Saturday with you all. Thanks. (done)
[12:20] Richie Deschanel: Thank you Emilia
[12:20] Sudane Erato: TY :)
[12:21] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Chancellor!
[12:21] Richie Deschanel: Our thoughts are with Cathy and Soro
[12:22] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): yes, we would love to have them back soon. :)
[12:22] Lyubov (20180414): Emilia, have you considered possibly reviving the monthly "Government Question Hour" sessions? This could be an informal way for Citizens to have a chat with a member from each branch of government.
[12:23] Lilith Ivory: (and also our law demands them in theory)
[12:23] Lyubov (20180414): That too :)
[12:24] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): Thank you for bringing it to my attention earlier today, Lyubov. I'm not familiar with it, and haven't read it. My understanding from Lilith is that it may be a remnant of a long ago time of unrest.
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: I have a comment
[12:24] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): AS DO i
[12:24] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): ooooooops
[12:24] Lyubov (20180414): Please Tan, after Emilia reponds first...
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: sure
[12:25] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): However, inasmuch as it may be more inviting to Citizens, and make those of us in "government" more accessible, I am not averse to it.
[12:26] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): However, I am somewhat skeptical of finding a time that is perfect for all. So perhaps we have to accept that we can only do so much, but remain available here in the sims when possible.
[12:26] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): (done)
[12:26] Lilith Ivory: (it´s still the law to have those meetings)
[12:26] Lyubov (20180414): As I understand, it is only required to have One representative of each branch in attendance. I would be happy to participate. Done. Tan please...
[12:27] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you last QH i attended was with Han Held, when she was Chancellor
[12:27] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): Perhaps as my PIO, Han might attend when I cannot, if that would be acceptable.
[12:28] Tanoujin Milestone: we had a cup of tea and did not expect anything special, when the 6 horses came, which use to grass in CN and we had a nice chat - i tell you this to give you an idea thiscan be a chance to have a good time
[12:28] Lilith Ivory raises her hand
[12:28] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): sure, any meeting should be like that, thanks Tan :)
[12:28] Lyubov (20180414): Kyoko after Tan, then Lilith
[12:29] Tanoujin Milestone deletes a sentences "done"
[12:29] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): My sense is to agree with the final comment the Chancellor made when asked about this item.
[12:30] Lilith Ivory waves to Keila
[12:30] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): as chancellor I did not hold the QH as mandated by law
[12:30] Keila Forager: waves back :)
[12:30] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): two reasons for this which I will skip
[12:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): IThe Chancellor has made us aware of the pressures iof RL
[12:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): and the difficulty of scheduling
[12:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): each of us "chancels" differently
[12:32] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): I was available most of the time as I had the time
[12:32] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): And Tan btw one of the horses is a citizen
[12:32] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): so you never know where recruitment starts ;)
[12:32] Tanoujin Milestone: yay
[12:32] Tanoujin Milestone: cool thing
[12:32] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): so true :)
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): My recommendation, if this will be enforced going forward to make the requirement twice a term.
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): i.e. rewrite the law.
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): I make no apologies for not having held QH
[12:33] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Kyoko and Tan. Lilith, your turn please.
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): As chancellort I connected in other ways
[12:33] Lilith Ivory takes a deep breath ...
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): But eBut I honestly think that twice a term is enough.
[12:34] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): We have enough meetings as it is
[12:34] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): done
[12:34] Lilith Ivory: as dean I have to say that we do have this law at the moment and we have to follow it, no matter if we want or not
[12:35] Lilith Ivory: I have told several chancellors at the beginning of their terms about this requirement but of course I am not a CDS nanny and can´t help if they were not capable to organise those meetings
[12:35] Lilith Ivory: in the past we had some quite good question hours with a good outcome and this law was made to give citizens a chance to get in touch with the government in a more informal sittuation
[12:36] Lilith Ivory: sadly for a while citizens didn´t feel the need to come so those meetings felt asleep
[12:36] Lilith Ivory: but as we have several new citizens now I am in favour to try to bring them back alive once a month as the law requests
[12:37] Lilith Ivory: and if there is still no demand the RA can decide how to deal with this law
[12:37] Lilith Ivory: done
[12:37] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Lilith. Rosie is next to speak.
[12:37] Rosie Gray: thank you Lyubov
[12:38] Rosie Gray: I want to say that it is not the business of the RA to make excuses or exceptions to laws that are on the books, but it is the business of the RA to review and update laws where necessary
[12:38] Rosie Gray: I know from my own experience in holding those sessions, that sometimes they are quite interesting and fun, and sometimes nobody shows up so it turns into just a few friends chatting
[12:39] Rosie Gray: either way, it's not an onerous task
[12:39] Richie Deschanel: raises hand
[12:39] Rosie Gray: and can be done at any time that works for the participants
[12:39] Rosie Gray: having said that, I have no problem in changing the law, after we fully explore it
[12:40] Rosie Gray: but for now, we do need to recognize that it's on the books, as Lilith has said
[12:40] Rosie Gray: done
[12:40] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): thank you, Rosie.
[12:40] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Rosie. Richie is next to speak, after the Chancellor's response.
[12:42] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): So we've summarized that it is a law, and has been in use during some Terms, and has been found enjoyable and at least somewhat useful. So, as the Chancellor, i declare we will fulfill this law and plan to discuss it again towards the end of this 32nd Term, to evaluate if it needs refinement or removal.
[12:42] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): (done)
[12:42] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Emilia. Richie, please.
[12:42] Richie Deschanel: Thank you
[12:44] Richie Deschanel: I was going to suggest that the meetings be re-instated as required in law for the remainder of this term and then a view be taken on if the law needs amending, much as the Chancellor has suggested. Done
[12:44] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Richie.
[12:45] Hug & Kiss NX Attachment: M&P Hug & Kiss NX Animations ready.
[12:45] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[12:45] Rosie Gray: wb, Keila
[12:45] Lyubov (20180414): I think we are in agreement: the law is currently active and the Chancellor shall re-instate the monthly Government Question Hour sessions, as soon as she is able to schedule the next meeting. The RA will revisit the frequency of the meetings as stated in the law, later during the 32nd term.
[12:45] Keila Forager: thanks
[12:45] Lyubov (20180414): Do we have a general consensus on this direction?
[12:46] Richie Deschanel: i would support that
[12:46] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): raises her hand
[12:46] Rosie Gray: I agree
[12:46] Tanoujin Milestone: good so far
[12:46] Lyubov (20180414): Kyoko?
[12:46] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): yes
[12:46] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): and also consider repealing the law if that's where we end up
[12:46] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): yes, whenever 3 or more of us are gathered, we burn the CDS flame.
[12:47] Lyubov (20180414): Yes, we will revisit the law later in the term.
[12:47] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you RA members, Dean, and Chancellor!
[12:47] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): i like this.
[12:47] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): :)
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[12:47] Lyubov (20180414): Moving on, our next agenda item is *3. LUC Report
[12:47] Lyubov (20180414): Rosie, could you present the LUC Report to us please?
[12:48] Rosie Gray: aah
[12:48] Rosie Gray rustles some virtual papers
[12:48] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:48] Rosie Gray: yes just a moment please
[12:48] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9313
[12:48] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar) spills wine on Rosie's papers, uh oh ^^
[12:49] Rosie Gray: hehe
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: tztztz
[12:49] Keila Forager: hehe
[12:49] Rosie Gray: yes thank you Kyoko, that's the link
[12:49] Rosie Gray: we have the proposal to update Alpine Meadow as described on the forum, and it has been there for over a week
[12:50] Tanoujin Milestone: the Mews, right?
[12:50] Rosie Gray: which I think satisfies the requirement to publish and see if there's any perceived issues to handle
[12:50] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): *mews*
[12:50] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): =^_^= Meww =^_^=
[12:50] Rosie Gray: yes to basically delete the mews buildings, and move the parcels up and seperate, so that they all have a view
[12:51] Richie Deschanel: A good plan
[12:51] Rosie Gray: thanks Richie
[12:51] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) agrees
[12:51] Rosie Gray: other than that, we haven't had any other meetings
[12:51] Rosie Gray: but I think we are ready to proceed with this, unless there are any questions now?
[12:51] Sudane Erato: we have one tomorrow
[12:52] Rosie Gray: oh thank you Sudane, yes we do
[12:52] Lyubov (20180414): I also like the proposed plan for the new mews :)
[12:52] Rosie Gray: at 10 am slt
[12:52] Rosie Gray: done
[12:53] Lyubov (20180414): Besides the plans for the Mews, are there any other changes in process for Alpine Meadow? Any other plans by the LUC for other areas in CDS?
[12:53] Rosie Gray: there are other rough ideas for Alpine Meadow
[12:53] Rosie Gray: one being to divide up the large parcel that Pip used to own, where the Old Bowl was
[12:53] Rosie Gray: into a couple of smaller parcels
[12:54] Rosie Gray: but we haven't drawn up any definitive plans around that yet
[12:54] Rosie Gray: and to decide exactly where the community centre will go
[12:55] Lyubov (20180414): Is the Old Bowl completely off the sales market, for now? Do we have some idea when we hope to have the new scheme ready?
[12:55] Rosie Gray: also, there were some tentative ideas about Monastery, should we need to deal with it
[12:56] Rosie Gray: yes I think it's off the market
[12:56] Rosie Gray: we could put it on the market in the meantime until we make specific plans
[12:56] Rosie Gray: but it's not as though there aren't already 3 other large parcels available in Alpine Meadow
[12:57] Lyubov (20180414): No, to me, it makes sense to keep it off market, to maintain the flexibility that you need to work
[12:57] Rosie Gray nods
[12:57] Rosie Gray: I think that's all
[12:57] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Rosie. Does anyone else have any questions for our LUC representative?
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone: The bridge in LA?
[12:57] Richie Deschanel: No, thanks for the update Rosie
[12:58] Rosie Gray: hmmm, well the bridge in LA was something Cathy and Sudane were to work on, but I think that it has really not risen to the top of the list
[12:58] Sudane Erato: raise hand
[12:58] Rosie Gray: it was just to angle it a bit differently... yes Sudane
[12:59] Sudane Erato: Cathy and i have developed a draft plan
[12:59] Sudane Erato: hmm....
[12:59] Sudane Erato: apparently everyone but me loves the bridge
[12:59] Sudane Erato: so
[12:59] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:59] Sudane Erato: Cathy's first plan invloved moving it a bit
[13:00] Sudane Erato: but... I suggested that since everyone likes it as is
[13:00] Sudane Erato: that we develop a plan that leaves it where it is
[13:00] Sudane Erato: so we did that... and
[13:00] Sudane Erato: she was about to sketch it out... she makes really nice drawings!
[13:01] Sudane Erato: but... she hasn't yet
[13:01] Sudane Erato: done
[13:01] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, we know why
[13:01] Tanoujin Milestone: I am fine knowing it is still on agenda, thank you, done
[13:01] Sudane Erato: the plan was for more than the bridge
[13:02] Sudane Erato: so at the moment... we'll adjust other things, but not the bridge
[13:02] Sudane Erato: sorry... now done
[13:02] Lyubov (20180414): Sudane, could you tell us about your current building projects? I think you had returned your focus to NFS and updating old buildlings? and Mizou is updating some more buildings in CN, correct?
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[13:02] Sudane Erato: oh!
[13:02] Sudane Erato: sure
[13:02] Sudane Erato: no
[13:02] Sudane Erato: my current focus is also CN
[13:03] Sudane Erato: i'm updating builds in the NW corner, that I had previously done
[13:03] Sudane Erato: and will also update the 2 temples
[13:03] Sudane Erato: THEN I'll get back to NFS
[13:03] Lyubov (20180414): Great news and big projects!
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: (love the temples)
[13:03] Sudane Erato: but... sadly... i'm a bit stalled
[13:03] Rosie Gray: I guess I should mention that I've been updating the Schloss textures too
[13:03] Sudane Erato: cause of new england problems
[13:04] Richie Deschanel: Sudane is doing great things
[13:04] Sudane Erato: oh yes!... the schloss is looking great!!
[13:04] Tanoujin Milestone: i agree
[13:04] Richie Deschanel: nods
[13:04] Lyubov (20180414): I must take a look!
[13:04] Rosie Gray: and Mizou is waiting for inspiration
[13:04] Sudane Erato: :)
[13:04] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Sudane! and Lilith, you have been working with Tan to update the Monastery?
[13:04] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): yes, both Sudane and Rosie, take your time and set your own pace. :)
[13:05] Sudane Erato: ty :)
[13:05] Lilith Ivory: yes, I have and am :)
[13:05] Richie Deschanel: Thanks to all concerned :-)
[13:05] Lyubov (20180414): Wonderful news, so many projects, keeping our community vibrant :)
[13:06] Tanoujin Milestone: to the artists :D
[13:06] Lyubov (20180414): Our next agenda item is *4. Citizen Concerns
[13:06] Lyubov (20180414): Would any Citizen like to share something at this time?
[13:06] Lyubov (20180414): I hear none?
[13:07] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you. Our next item is *5. RA member concerns
[13:07] Lyubov (20180414): Would any RA member like to share something at this time?
[13:07] Richie Deschanel: nothing from me
[13:07] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): not here
[13:07] Tanoujin Milestone: nothing today, unless asked
[13:07] Rosie Gray: nor from me
[13:07] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you.
[13:08] Lyubov (20180414): Next *6. Old Business. There is no Old Business.
[13:08] Lyubov (20180414): Next, *7. New Business
[13:08] Lyubov (20180414): We have several items under New Business today.
[13:08] Lyubov (20180414): The first item is 7.1 MoCA Curator Appointment, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9305
[13:09] Lyubov (20180414): Have all RA members received the application, contained in the Agenda email that I sent earlier today?
[13:09] Richie Deschanel: yes
[13:09] Rosie Gray: yes
[13:09] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you.
[13:10] Richie Deschanel: An excellent candidate
[13:10] Lyubov (20180414): I would like to motion that the current MoCA Curator, Kyoko, be re-appointed for the next term.
[13:10] Richie Deschanel: second
[13:10] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Richie.
[13:10] Lyubov (20180414): Does anyone have any comments or questions, before we proceed to vote?
[13:10] Rosie Gray: :)
[13:11] Lyubov (20180414): I hear none.
[13:11] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote, that the current MoCA Curator, Kyoko, be re-appointed for the next term.
[13:11] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:11] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:11] Richie Deschanel: aye
[13:11] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): abstain
[13:11] Sudane Erato: :)
[13:11] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you, the motion passes.
[13:11] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[13:11] Sudane Erato: yay! :)
[13:11] Richie Deschanel: applause
[13:11] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): Thank you
[13:11] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): Thank you, Kyoko, for accepting this role again. Nice work!
[13:11] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): (there goes my life LOL)
[13:12] Lyubov (20180414): Kyoko, despite her attempts to abstain, is reappointed! Thank you and congratulations! You and Delia have done Amazing work last term! Looking forward to what you do together this term! :D
[13:12] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): smiles, but you rock the art world for us. :)
[13:12] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): I was taught never to vote for myself
[13:12] Delia Lake: thank you
[13:12] Rosie Gray: yes! I look forward to seeing what you come up with :)
[13:12] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): Well Delia and are having a blast doing it
[13:12] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): (so will we)
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: very good
[13:13] Keila Forager: :)
[13:13] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): yes, thanks Delia, for everything you do, too.
[13:13] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you both! Our next new business items concern updates to old laws. Some may only require updates from "City" to "CDS", and some we may wish to reclassify as Archaic.
[13:13] Lyubov (20180414): 7.2 NL 4-18 City Building Redundancy Act, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-4-18-c ... dancy-act/
[13:14] Lyubov (20180414): This law refers to "City". It also states that pictures of buildings are to be published to the Portal by the Executive.
[13:15] Rosie Gray waves hello to Monica
[13:15] Lyubov (20180414): Additionally, there is a duplicate law, CDSL 15-02 City Building Redundancy Act, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/cdsl-15-0 ... dancy-act/ which simply amended this law.
[13:15] Richie Deschanel: Hi Monica :-)
[13:15] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): Hi, Richie :) Hi everyone
[13:15] Lyubov (20180414): First, is the text of NL 4-18 relevant for today?
[13:15] Lilith Ivory is offline.
[13:15] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): Hi Han :)
[13:16] Lyubov (20180414): This is the text:
[13:16] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): Hi, Emilia :)
[13:16] Lyubov (20180414): Full perm copies of all city owned buildings shall be provided by the builder to the Content Archivist. The full-permission copy is for the CDS intended purpose only, and not to be given or sold otherwise. In addition pictures have to be published in the portal by the Executive.
[13:16] Richie Deschanel: Do we comply with it?
[13:16] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[13:16] Lyubov (20180414): Please, Rosie
[13:16] Rosie Gray: thanks
[13:16] Rosie Gray: yes we do comply with it
[13:17] Rosie Gray: except for the pictures being published in the portal
[13:17] Rosie Gray: I don't know that it has been done, ever
[13:17] Lyubov (20180414): Yes, I could not find a page on the Portal that would be relevant to photos
[13:17] Rosie Gray: CDSL 15-02 if the active code so the other one is completely redundant
[13:18] Rosie Gray: if=is
[13:19] Tanoujin Milestone: Can we declare NL 4-18 as archaic? I would move so if there is consent
[13:19] Lyubov (20180414): In consideration that 4-18 "Buidling Redundancy Act" is redundant, I would like to motion to reclassify NL 4-18 as Archaic.
[13:19] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Tan
[13:19] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[13:19] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Tan.
[13:19] Lyubov (20180414): Any comments before we proceed to vote?
[13:20] Lyubov (20180414): I hear none.
[13:20] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote to reclassify NL 4-18 as Archaic.
[13:20] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[13:20] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[13:20] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:20] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:20] Richie Deschanel: aye
[13:20] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you, the motion passes.
[13:20] Lyubov (20180414): Our next item is 7.3 NL 4-21 Public Building Deletion Act, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-4-21-p ... etion-act/
[13:20] Tanoujin Milestone: a moment
[13:21] Lyubov (20180414): Yes Tan?
[13:21] Tanoujin Milestone: can we strike the recommendation to publish the pics to the forums?
[13:21] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) seconds that
[13:21] Lyubov (20180414): I would like to revisit this when we come to 7.6 when we discuss CDSL 15-02
[13:21] Tanoujin Milestone: ic! clever!
[13:21] Tanoujin Milestone: agreed
[13:22] Lyubov (20180414): thank you :)
[13:22] Lyubov (20180414): We have had some discussion on the RA Discussion board, that NL 4-21 should be reclassified as Archaic
[13:23] Lyubov (20180414): I would like to motion that NL 4-21 be reclassified as Archaic.
[13:23] Richie Deschanel: second
[13:23] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Richie.
[13:23] Lyubov (20180414): Any comments before we proceed?
[13:23] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[13:23] Lyubov (20180414): Yes Rosie?
[13:24] Rosie Gray: yes, just to say that the decisions on removing a public building is now taken by the Chancellor in consultation with the LUC
[13:24] Tanoujin Milestone nods
[13:24] Rosie Gray: just so nobody thinks that public buildings can be removed willy-nilly :D
[13:24] Rosie Gray: done
[13:24] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf) applauds
[13:24] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): \o/
[13:25] Lyubov (20180414): Yes, the function remains, but the responsible party has changed
[13:25] Lyubov (20180414): Great point, Rosie :)
[13:25] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): /mw nods, and by the same token, the Chancellor will always look to the LUC for advice in the retirement of any public building.
[13:25] Rosie Gray: ;)
[13:25] Tanoujin Milestone: and the LUC will report to the RA
[13:26] Richie Deschanel: bases covered
[13:26] Sudane Erato: sorry... must run... its been great :)
[13:26] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote, that NL 4-21 be reclassified as Archaic.
[13:26] Tanoujin Milestone: so the function of the law is built in now
[13:26] Rosie Gray: bye Sudane!
[13:26] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:26] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[13:26] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[13:26] Keila Forager: bye Sudane
[13:26] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:26] Richie Deschanel: aye
[13:26] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): bye Sudane :)
[13:26] Lilith Ivory: bye Sudane :)
[13:26] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): bye Sudane
[13:26] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you, the motion passes.
[13:26] Richie Deschanel: bye Sudane
[13:26] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Sudane!
[13:26] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): TC Sudane
[13:26] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Sudane, thanks for coming
[13:26] Lyubov (20180414): Next, 7.4 NL 4-23 Public Property Protection Act, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-4-23-p ... ction-act/
[13:27] Lyubov (20180414): Refers to "City" and "Guild". Requires a 10 day moratorium before any modifications made to public structures on public land, to be approved by the RA. Could simply be updated to "LUC" and "CDS"?
[13:27] Lyubov (20180414): Should this be updated or removed if the LUC is performing this function?
[13:27] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[13:27] Lyubov (20180414): Yes Rosie?
[13:28] Rosie Gray: I would like to take some time to think about this one more, so would like to propose that we table it until next meeting
[13:29] Lyubov (20180414): Agreed. This item is in the RA Discussion board, so please share your thoughts
[13:29] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to table the decision on NL 4.23
[13:29] Rosie Gray: second
[13:30] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Tan and Rosie.
[13:30] Lyubov (20180414): Any further comments before we vote?
[13:30] Lyubov (20180414): I hear none.
[13:30] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote to table the decision on NL 4.23
[13:30] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:30] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[13:30] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:30] Richie Deschanel: aye
[13:30] Lyubov (20180414): Kyoko?
[13:31] Lilith Ivory: I need to go too, bye all :)
[13:31] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Lilith!
[13:31] Rosie Gray: bye Lilith!
[13:31] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): tc, Lilith -bye for now :)
[13:31] Lilith Ivory is offline.
[13:31] Keila Forager: Bye Lilith...later
[13:31] Richie Deschanel: bye Lilith
[13:31] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): bye, Lilith!
[13:31] Richie Deschanel: pokes Kyoko
[13:31] Lyubov (20180414): I have not heard a vote from Kyoko.
[13:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): sorry
[13:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[13:31] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you, the motion to table passes.
[13:32] Lyubov (20180414): Next, 7.5 NL 5-10 Microplot Termination Act, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-5-10-m ... ation-act/
[13:32] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to declare it as archaic
[13:32] Rosie Gray: second
[13:32] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Tan and Rosie.
[13:32] Lyubov (20180414): Any comments before we proceed to vote?
[13:33] Rosie Gray: just to say that we don't have any microplots :D
[13:33] Tanoujin Milestone: hehehe
[13:33] Lyubov (20180414): After 14 years, I hope that the last have been reclaimed :)
[13:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): with twirling full bright advertisements?
[13:33] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): LOL
[13:33] Tanoujin Milestone: *giggle*
[13:33] Richie Deschanel: oh we all remember those .....lol
[13:34] Rosie Gray: :D
[13:34] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote to declare NL 5-10 as Archaic.
[13:34] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[13:34] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) should put one up for old times sake
[13:34] Richie Deschanel: aye
[13:34] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:34] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:34] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[13:34] Lyubov (20180414): The motion has passed.
[13:34] Richie Deschanel: I still have one in inventory I'm sure ....
[13:34] Tanoujin Milestone: you have to declare it as a piece of art, Kyoko
[13:34] Lyubov (20180414): Next, 7.6 CDSL 15-02 City Building Redundancy Act, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/cdsl-15-0 ... dancy-act/
[13:35] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) gives Richie the fish-eye
[13:35] Rosie Gray: hehe
[13:35] Richie Deschanel: grins
[13:35] Lyubov (20180414): The earlier question was regarding the Chancellor posting photos to the Portal
[13:36] Lyubov (20180414): There are two possible changes:
[13:36] Lyubov (20180414): change "city owned buildings" to "CDS owned buildings"
[13:36] Lyubov (20180414): and possibly strike "In addition pictures have to be published in the portal by the Executive."
[13:37] Richie Deschanel: raises hand
[13:37] Lyubov (20180414): Yes Richie?
[13:37] Richie Deschanel: I would support both of those amendments but wondered if we do hold a file of old photographs? I have an idea ;-)
[13:38] Rosie Gray: what's your idea?
[13:39] Richie Deschanel: I have just taken over the building at the bottom end of Talenstrasse and thought it may be good to host a gallery of old pictures of CDS ?
[13:39] Richie Deschanel: done
[13:39] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): YeSaH!
[13:39] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): Sorry
[13:39] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): nice :)
[13:39] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf) zips my lip
[13:39] Rosie Gray: oooh, nice
[13:39] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Richie, that is a good individual initiative, but maybe not one we wish to write into law :)
[13:40] Richie Deschanel: no no, not law
[13:40] Rosie Gray: I know there are tons of photos, all over the place though
[13:40] Richie Deschanel: it was an asisde
[13:40] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf) sits on my hands
[13:40] Richie Deschanel: aside
[13:41] Lyubov (20180414): I motion that CDSL 15-02 be amended to replace "city" with "CDS" and to remove "In addition pictures have to be published in the portal by the Executive."
[13:41] Richie Deschanel: second
[13:41] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Richie.
[13:41] Lyubov (20180414): Any further discussion before we proceed to a vote?
[13:41] Rosie Gray: nope
[13:41] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you.
[13:41] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote, that CDSL 15-02 be amended to replace "city" with "CDS" and to remove "In addition pictures have to be published in the portal by the Executive."
[13:41] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[13:41] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[13:42] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:42] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:42] Lyubov (20180414): Richie?
[13:42] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) pokes Richie
[13:42] Richie Deschanel: aye
[13:42] Tanoujin Milestone: hehe, late revenge
[13:42] Richie Deschanel: ;)
[13:42] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): :)
[13:42] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you, the motion passes.
[13:42] Lyubov (20180414): *whew*
[13:42] Lyubov (20180414): Next, 8. General Announcements
[13:43] Lyubov (20180414): First, LUC Meeting, 26 January at 1000 SLT
[13:43] Lyubov (20180414): This is tomorrow.
[13:43] Lyubov (20180414): Second, Dean Lilith has asked me to note:
[13:44] Lyubov (20180414): "there will be a by- election census taken next friday and that citizens should make sure to be in good standing at at lest one parcel that is not deeded to group"
[13:44] Lyubov (20180414): Are there any other General Announcements?
[13:44] Lyubov (20180414): I hear none, thank you.
[13:44] Lyubov (20180414): Next, 9. Next Meeting Two weeks, Saturday 8 February through Tuesday 11 February
[13:45] Lyubov (20180414): All RA members have participated in the Doodle poll, asking for availability during this time.
[13:45] Lyubov (20180414): https://doodle.com/poll/tssbwnuy5buywkr9
[13:45] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): raises he hand
[13:46] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): *her
[13:46] Lyubov (20180414): Monday or Tuesday, February 10 or 11, beginning at 1200 SLT seem to be universally agreeable.
[13:46] Lyubov (20180414): Yes Kyoko?
[13:46] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): ok nvm
[13:46] Lyubov (20180414): Does anyone have a preference? I do prefer Tuesday, but Monday is also ok.
[13:47] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): either is fine
[13:47] Rosie Gray: doesn't matter to me
[13:47] Richie Deschanel: either
[13:47] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you.
[13:47] Lyubov (20180414): I motion that the next RA meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 11 February, beginning at 1200 SLT.
[13:47] Richie Deschanel: second
[13:47] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Richie.
[13:48] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote, that the next RA meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 11 February, beginning at 1200 SLT.
[13:48] Lyubov (20180414): Auye
[13:48] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[13:48] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[13:48] Richie Deschanel: aye
[13:48] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:48] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:48] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you, the meeting is so scheduled.
[13:48] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): I think my cat juts voted for me
[13:48] Richie Deschanel: lol
[13:48] Rosie Gray: hehe
[13:48] Lyubov (20180414): Smart cats :)
[13:48] Richie Deschanel: clever cat
[13:48] Lyubov (20180414): Lastly, 10. Adjourn
[13:48] Tanoujin Milestone: at least it did not vomit for you
[13:49] Lyubov (20180414): I motion to adjourn until our next meeting.
[13:49] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[13:49] Rosie Gray: lol, Tan
[13:49] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you Tan.
[13:49] Tanoujin Milestone: /worst case: still sick and need to clean up)
[13:49] Lyubov (20180414): Please vote to adjourn until our next meeting.
[13:49] Lyubov (20180414): Aye
[13:49] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:49] Richie Deschanel: aye
[13:49] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:50] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): no Tan the cat vomited for me earlier
[13:50] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): we got that out of the way
[13:50] Tanoujin Milestone: hehe
[13:50] Lyubov (20180414): Could the cat perhaps vote now for you too please?
[13:50] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): =^_^= Meww =^_^=
[13:50] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): *mews*
[13:50] Μøŋϊcą Lεąђ βℓøødωøℓƒ (monicabloodwolf): *mews*
[13:50] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[13:50] Rosie Gray: must go... bye everyone!
[13:50] Lyubov (20180414): Thank you, the meeting is now adjourned!

Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”