Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Transcript, RA Meeting 24-March-2020

Post by Lyubov »

Transcript of RA meeting held on 24-March-2020

RA Members Present: Lyubov, Rosie Gray, Tanoujin Milestone, Kyoko Furse-Barzane
RA Members Absent: Richie Deschanel
Also present: Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest, Almut Brunswick, Lilith Ivory, Emilia Dagostino, Callipygian Christensen

[12:01] Lyubov: Thank you for joining us for today's RA meeting. It is now 1200 SLT. I call this meeting to order.
[12:01] Rosie Gray: /me admires all the disembodied body parts
[12:01] Lyubov: The first item on today's agenda is 1.1 Review and approve the agenda, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
[12:02] Rosie Gray: Motion to accept the Agenda as presented
[12:02] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: second
[12:02] Lyubov: Thank you Rosie and Kyoko.
[12:02] Lyubov: Please vote to accept the Agenda as presented.
[12:02] Lyubov: Aye
[12:02] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:02] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:03] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[12:03] Lyubov: Thank you, the agenda has been accepted.
[12:03] Lyubov: The next item on the agenda is .2 Review and approve the minutes 10-March-2020, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9423
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to approve the minutes
[12:04] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: second
[12:04] Lyubov: Thank you Tan and Kyoko.
[12:04] Lyubov: Please vote to approve the minutes.
[12:04] Lyubov: Aye
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:04] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[12:04] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:04] Lyubov: Thank you, the minutes have been approved.
[12:05] Lyubov: Today, we have a third item under Administrative Business. 1.3 Temporary RA Archivist assignment
[12:06] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: (silence ensues)
[12:06] Lyubov: The RA's Archivist, Richie had hoped to be able to join us today, but was unexpectedly delayed at work. He does expect to be able to attend future meetings.
[12:06] Lyubov: However, because of his responsibilities, he will no longer be able to continue as Archivist, during this difficult time.
[12:06] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I'm happy to do the transcript, but minutes are not in my skill set
[12:07] Lyubov: Thank you Kyoko. We certainly need help with the minutes and portal updates as well.
[12:07] Rosie Gray: I can do the portal updates
[12:07] Lyubov: Thank you Rosie.
[12:07] Lyubov: Kyoko, with some help, could you try doing the minutes?
[12:07] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I hate to be a pill, but with RL atm I do not have the free wattage for minutes
[12:07] Rosie Gray: I'd rather not do the Minutes, but I will if nobody else can
[12:08] Lyubov: Tan, are you able to help with the minutes?
[12:08] Tanoujin Milestone: not at the moment, sorry
[12:08] Rosie Gray: okay well I'll do them
[12:08] Tanoujin Milestone: i am struggeling a lot in RL
[12:08] Rosie Gray: that's okay Tan
[12:08] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: /me hugs Tan
[12:08] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:08] Tanoujin Milestone: :) ty
[12:08] Lyubov: I'm sorry Tan
[12:09] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I'll try to have the transcript up this evening.
[12:09] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: Someone remind me to grab it before I poof
[12:09] Lyubov: Thank you Kyoko and Rosie.
[12:10] Lyubov: Richie hopes that once things settle down, he can return to his duties. He expressed that he actually likes doing the minutes...and he's quite good too!
[12:10] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: Yes he is
[12:10] Rosie Gray: yes he does a great job
[12:10] Lyubov: Thank you everyone for helping.
[12:10] Lyubov: Our next agenda item is *2. Executive Report
[12:11] Lyubov: Emilia had hoped to be able to be here today. Perhaps Han is able to give a report today in her absence?
[12:12] Lyubov: No executive report today. Thank you.
[12:13] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: I expected her to be here too, so I didn't ask.
[12:13] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: My bad
[12:13] Lyubov: The next agenda item is *3. LUC Report
[12:13] Lyubov: Rosie, could you give us a LUC report please?
[12:13] Rosie Gray: hmmm, well let's see
[12:13] Rosie Gray: there is 1 of the new road signs in place
[12:14] Rosie Gray: Mizou made it, and it looks really good I think
[12:14] Rosie Gray: we are working together on a whole 'wayfinding' system
[12:15] Rosie Gray: I hope you all get a chance to have a look at it in Alpine Meadow... there will be more to come installed at every intersection
[12:15] Rosie Gray: nothing else to report from LUC except for the next meeting which will be March 29 at 10 am SLT
[12:15] Lilith Ivory: /me waves hi
[12:15] Rosie Gray: hi Lilith ㋡
[12:15] Almut Brunswick: Hallo Lilith
[12:15] Rosie Gray: unless anyone has any questions about LUC?
[12:16] Lyubov: Is the wayfinding system just road signs? Does it give some information or tour?
[12:16] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: No questions. Just thanks for all LUC is accomplishing right now
[12:16] Rosie Gray: I'll show you the first one
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: i have a little something
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: did emilia ask for volunteers on the forums?
[12:17] Lyubov: Not that I am aware.
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: i am ready to follow the call, but I think there is a procedure
[12:17] Rosie Gray: sorry have to find it
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: sooo, she wrote me she would be fine with me in the role
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: should I take it up now?
[12:18] Rosie Gray: oh that's great Tan!
[12:18] Lyubov: Thank you Tan! I think you would be an excellent choice
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you ;)
[12:18] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:18] Rosie Gray: here is the first sign
[12:18] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: YAY!
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: I will do it then and attend on 29th as Chancellor's rep
[12:18] Lyubov: That is a beautiful signpost Rosie
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, the signs are super cool
[12:19] Lilith Ivory: /me thinks it is sad that no citizen without having an office was willing to step forward :(
[12:19] Lyubov: So it is done, Tan? Wonderful news!
[12:19] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: yes it is
[12:19] Rosie Gray: most of them will be like this, but there will also be a kind of 'major' sign with more information on it
[12:19] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: both nice signpost and sad
[12:19] Lilith Ivory: but I am happy Tan joined
[12:19] Rosie Gray: it will be a whole wayfinding system
[12:19] Rosie Gray: and yes I agree it's too bad but am very happy Tan will join the LUC
[12:20] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: :)
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: i love to be there
[12:20] Lyubov: Thank you Rosie, great work on the sign.
[12:20] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: It is a great committe to be on
[12:21] Lyubov: Rosie, at the last RA meeting when we discussed the new covenant, you noted some skinny parcels that need to be addressed. Has this happened yet, or is this a topic for Sunday's LUC meeting?
[12:21] Rosie Gray: yes to be discussed at the next meeting
[12:22] Lyubov: Thank you Rosie. Are there any further questions for Rosie before we move on?
[12:23] Lyubov: I near none.
[12:23] Lyubov: Thank you once again Rosie for the report.
[12:23] Lyubov: Our next agenda item is *4. Citizen Concerns
[12:23] Lyubov: Would any citizen like to offer something at this time?
[12:24] Almut Brunswick: /me raises her hand
[12:24] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: nope.
[12:24] Lyubov: Please Almut, go ahead.
[12:24] Almut Brunswick: In respect on the New Citizens Guide, I must admit that I couldn't continue in the last weeks due to RL commitments
[12:25] Almut Brunswick: I would like, however, to continue working on it with your help in general
[12:25] Almut Brunswick: and to decide for a final format to provide it for other new and potential citizens
[12:26] Lyubov: Please, I hope you do continue! You have done great work in starting the project. I think it might be best to continue to lead and ask for specific help where you have questions.
[12:27] Lilith Ivory: If I can make a suggestion: citizenship and our elections might be of interest for new citizens too - now that we have updated the law
[12:27] Almut Brunswick: Some reply to the implicit reporach that I refused to become the Chancellors Representative at the LUC: I simply couldn't take this obligation because of a total lag of letitimation
[12:27] Almut Brunswick: legitimation*
[12:28] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: I was going to ask if y'all have discussed putting the final guide in the antiquariat, landpoing points and Anzere or not?
[12:28] Almut Brunswick: lack of legitimation*
[12:28] Lyubov: Yes Lilith! I will make a simple CDS group notice and Forum post about the updated citizenship laws, but we do need an introduction and simple explainer in Almut's guide.
[12:28] Almut Brunswick: yes please!
[12:28] Tanoujin Milestone: thts okay, Almut, I took my time too before I picked up anything
[12:28] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: And thank you Almut for stepping up
[12:29] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: Hiya, Emilia
[12:29] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: We all have RL, more so than usual these days
[12:29] Emilia Dagostino: hello Han, hello all :)
[12:29] Almut Brunswick: Hello Emilia
[12:29] Rosie Gray: hi Emilia ㋡
[12:29] Lilith Ivory: Hi Emilia
[12:30] Lyubov: Thank you Almut. Please continue to use the open forum topic to discuss your guide and where you need help.
[12:30] Almut Brunswick: Will do
[12:30] Lyubov: Are there any more Citizen Concerns?
[12:30] Almut Brunswick: not from my side
[12:31] Lyubov: I hear none, thank you. Thank you once again Almut.
[12:31] Lyubov: The next agenda item is *5. RA member concerns
[12:31] Lyubov: Would any RA member like to express something at this time?
[12:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: nope
[12:31] Rosie Gray: not I
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: me :D
[12:32] Lyubov: Thank you RA members.
[12:32] Tanoujin Milestone: I am concerned to make sure to let you know I am very fond of this very well prepared Meetings we hae nowadays and I want to express my special thanks to the LRA done
[12:32] Rosie Gray: ··•°•··..☺ Applauds! ☺ ..··•°•··..
[12:33] Rosie Gray: well said, Tan
[12:33] Lilith Ivory: (`'•.(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´).•'´)
[12:33] Lilith Ivory: APPLAUSE!!!
[12:33] Lilith Ivory: APPLAUSE!!!
[12:33] Lilith Ivory: (¸.•'(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)'•.¸)
[12:33] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: \o/ \o/ \o/
[12:33] Emilia Dagostino: yes hooray for all your work! :)
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: ❤
[12:33] Lyubov: Thank you Tan! Rosie has been an exceptional mentor! You as well Tan were the first LRA I knew and I loved how you did meetings :)
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: awwww ,)
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: :)
[12:33] Lyubov: Our next agenda item is *6. Old Business
[12:34] Lyubov: We have no Old Business to discuss today.
[12:34] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: WooT
[12:34] Lyubov: We have several items under New Business for today, but before we begin
[12:35] Lyubov: I would like to invite the Chancellor to give an Executive Report, and return to that topic if she is prepared at this time.
[12:35] Lilith Ivory: /me waves hi to Calli
[12:35] Emilia Dagostino: Thank you, i accept.
[12:35] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Calli
[12:35] Emilia Dagostino: Hello Calli :)
[12:35] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: /me waves to Calli
[12:36] Lyubov: Thank you, let us return now to *2. Executive Report
[12:36] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: /me waves to Calli
[12:36] Lyubov: Chancellor Emilia, you have the floor.
[12:39] Emilia Dagostino: Thanks. First of all, I want to mention the issue of overdue Tiers. Despite my instinct to walk away from the responsibility, I have been reminded by Secretary Lilith of the necessity and armed with the Statute, i thus sent out the reminders both in IM and Notecard. One recipient has been reminded 3x so that is the one Citizen i fear may be evicted. I hope to hear from her today. One other is close behind and the usual one who lag are either catching up or will be reminded again. I have posted the Statute and the importance of it as the very foundation of our Estates here. And speaking of that,
[12:43] Rosie Gray: /me wonders if Emilia is still typing
[12:43] Emilia Dagostino: we are very lucky to have a new Citizen with ancient roots here, as not only a Charter member of Sl, but also an original founding member of New Aultenburg. Her display name is Saineolai (Cathy..Yamamoto) and she's shared some historic notecards and also a few original textures used in those earliest builds. I hope to have her join us, perhaps in a GQH, soon, but I am truly fascinated by the early notes. She did confess that she left that original founding group before it morphed into its next form. I hope to have her tell ;us more of what she recalls.
[12:43] Emilia Dagostino: I am here and typing. :)
[12:44] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:44] Emilia Dagostino: Finally, I have again heard from Soro, who is convinced he is nearly back to normal but stymied by the tech. Nonetheless, i expect him to return more soon. :)
[12:46] Emilia Dagostino: We did have some success with the collecting of Tiers, which we always have, but i found it difficult personally to make these requests, not knowing if anyone is possibly sick from covid-19. I am certainly sick of it, and not looking to going back to work, despite being well. I hope you are all well, and your families.
[12:46] Emilia Dagostino: Thank you, i am done. smiles.
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: get well soon, Emilia
[12:47] Lyubov: Thank you Chancellor!
[12:47] Lyubov: Thank you especially for joining us today during these challenging times.
[12:47] Lyubov: Does anyone have any comments or questions for the Chancellor before we continue?
[12:48] Almut Brunswick: No
[12:48] Rosie Gray: oh just that what you've said about our new citizen sounds intriguing!
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, welcome Saineolai
[12:48] Lyubov: Yes! Please invite her to share the artifacts, I am sure we would all love to see!
[12:49] Lyubov: The forum might be a great way for her to make an introduction and share the topic for discussion.
[12:49] Emilia Dagostino: Thank you and I aplogize for lateness, but I am so happy to join you all today. :_
[12:49] Emilia Dagostino: *smile
[12:50] Rosie Gray: glad you're here, Emilia ㋡
[12:50] Lyubov: Thank you once again Chancellor. Our next agenda item is *7. New Business
[12:50] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: I am too, and that you're well Emilia
[12:50] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: (sorry, had to afk a few mins, caught up now)
[12:51] Lyubov: 7.1 Update to NL 7-1 Government Question Hour Act, see discussion at http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9416
[12:51] Lyubov: At the last GQH, we discussed the need for an official transcript.
[12:51] Lyubov: As required by the present law.
[12:52] Lyubov: We all felt that the intended casual nature of the meeting would be best served by a less formal, "summary" of the meeting instead of an official transcript.
[12:52] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: /me is in agreement with your proposal
[12:52] Lyubov: I would like to add one further suggestion to the draft text:
[12:53] Lyubov: A time. When should this summary be posted? I would like to offer "within 7 days".
[12:54] Lyubov: The proposal is to replace section 5 with "The Chair will post a summary of the content of the meeting to the CDS forums. At the start, participants shall be informed that a summary will be posted.".
[12:54] Callipygian Christensen: /me raises her hand
[12:54] Lyubov: I would like to revise this to "The Chair will post a summary of the content of the meeting to the CDS forums within 7 days. At the start, participants shall be informed that a summary will be posted.".
[12:54] Lyubov: Please Calli, go ahead.
[12:55] Callipygian Christensen: Sorry - I was travelling with no access so hadnt seen this before
[12:55] Callipygian Christensen: so just asking a little clarification and referencing the history of why that wording is there
[12:56] Callipygian Christensen: At a time when there was a fair bit of friction and not a great deal of commuication between some arms of govt and the people, that law was seen as a way to a) publiclly ask the govt to explain itself and b) ensure there was a record of the requet for accountability and any answer..
[12:57] Rosie Gray: /me raises a hand
[12:57] Callipygian Christensen: while those concerns arent currently at issue..does this put in place a weakness for some future time when it might - they say winners write the history..
[12:58] Callipygian Christensen: in this case, who writes the summary can have a major impact on what is history going forward
[12:58] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: /me still has the transcript from the last meeting...fwiw, but have been side-tracked irl. My apologies for that :/)
[12:58] Callipygian Christensen: so, no preference on what you choose to do, just a request to think through the other possible consequences
[12:58] Lyubov: Thank you, we will allow Calli to finish her statement, then Rosie has something to add.
[12:58] Callipygian Christensen: done
[12:58] Lyubov: Thank you Calli. Rosie?
[12:58] Rosie Gray: thank you Lyubov
[12:59] Rosie Gray: and thanks Calli for raising the point
[12:59] Rosie Gray: I think that the reason for this is that these meetings have become quite social
[12:59] Rosie Gray: and that sometimes we end up chatting about things that might not be prudent to show the full text of
[13:00] Rosie Gray: I'm thinking about the last meeting as an example
[13:00] Rosie Gray: where we talked about some of our missing friends
[13:00] Tanoujin Milestone: me raises hand
[13:00] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: me raises hand
[13:01] Rosie Gray: I can appreciate that in the past that if there was no accountability from the Chancellor, then this was an attempt to get some
[13:01] Rosie Gray: but in the recent years, it seems that it's always the same people who show up and the meetings aren't formal
[13:01] Rosie Gray: done
[13:01] Lyubov: Thank you Rosie. Tan, you are next.
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: i think we have three possibilities
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: to keep the old rule and have a sin that states the transcript is recorded, to remember us to make no faulty remarks
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: a sign that is
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: to make it new and allow all kinds of chitchat
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: and take away the sharpness of a tool for direct accountability
[13:04] Tanoujin Milestone: or to allow the participants to give something to protocol, like " I move to take this on record2, so we switch modes
[13:04] Tanoujin Milestone: what do you think of the last option?
[13:04] Lilith Ivory: /me raises hand
[13:05] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: /me cedes to Lilith
[13:05] Lyubov: Thank you Tan. There are several in the queue waiting to speak. I will allow everyone to offer their thoughts first.
[13:05] Lyubov: Kyoko is next.
[13:05] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I ceded to Lilith.
[13:05] Lilith Ivory: I would like to suggest that we try a mix of both possiblilties
[13:05] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I will comment after her
[13:05] Tanoujin Milestone: yes!
[13:06] Lilith Ivory: have a summarized chit chat and if someone asks a REAL question this question and the answer to it gets transcripted
[13:06] Tanoujin Milestone: (on demand?)
[13:07] Lilith Ivory: yes if for example someone says:
[13:07] Lilith Ivory: q: yada yada
[13:07] Lilith Ivory: done
[13:07] Lyubov: Thank you Lilith.
[13:08] Lyubov: Almut, you wish to offer something?
[13:08] Almut Brunswick: Yes please. As a relative new citizen, I would prefer to see these !&A meetings as an informal means to get together and to ask things
[13:09] Almut Brunswick: as soon as it becomes more *official*, then such a meeting is not the right place
[13:09] Almut Brunswick: I thus would propose to omitand to strike the whole minutes- of-meeting thing from that law
[13:10] Almut Brunswick: CDS is actually bueraucratic enough for my taste
[13:11] Almut Brunswick: I don't say that there is no need for it, but there are other occasions like e.g. theRA meeting
[13:11] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: /me giggles
[13:11] Lyubov: Thank you Almut.
[13:11] Almut Brunswick: So informal means informal and not an official meeting in disguise. Done.
[13:12] Lyubov: Thank you Almut. Han, your turn please.
[13:12] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: raises her hand after alkl
[13:12] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: Thank you, I have a bit to say and I apologize in advance; I doubt this will be quick although I will certainly try to be as brief as I can be
[13:13] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: First off:
[13:13] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: Callipygian reminded us that this -official- meeting was created for the sake of transparency
[13:13] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: and for the sake of accountability
[13:13] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: Those are vital in a democracy such as ours.
[13:14] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: So the transcript does serve a purpose
[13:14] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: as they do for all of the meetings our government holds
[13:14] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: I have an idea that I think would be a good compromise for the need for formal records
[13:14] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: and the need for a social bonding (as the GQH has turned into now)
[13:15] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: I would propose that there be two types of GQH:
[13:15] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: By default, semi-informal and chit-chatty; with a light set of minutes kept
[13:16] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: But in the event of a conflict or such where accountability is needed (eg another repeat of 2014) then someone can request the more formal mode
[13:16] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: in that mode a full transcript will be kept, and the conversation will be more formal
[13:16] Lyubov: Thank you Han.
[13:16] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: Done, but open to quesitons
[13:16] Lyubov: Kyoko, you would like to add something?
[13:16] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: Yes thank you
[13:17] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I arrived at the end of the terrible times and the few RA meeting I attended in late 2015 indictaed why such a government hour is good to have in reserve
[13:17] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I do like Han's suggestion
[13:18] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: My only question is whether the request should come before a scheduled hour, or at the begiining or?
[13:18] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: I have thoughts on that
[13:18] Lyubov: Noting Calli in the queue, I would like to hear her comments, and we can make a motion to proceed or move this discussion to the Forum
[13:19] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: The RA agenda always provides for oppotunties to quest the Chancellor and the RA members
[13:19] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: The only addition to the Government hour is the presence of the SC.
[13:19] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: So we have 2/3 accountability already
[13:20] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: If we can work it out I do like Han's suggestion.
[13:20] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: done
[13:20] Lyubov: Thank you Kyoko. Calli, please?
[13:21] Callipygian Christensen: Thank you Lyubov - and just as a slight correction, the Chancellor is not required to answer questions from citizens at the RA meetings, often does, but not required..
[13:21] Callipygian Christensen: so listening to all of the options and concerns and acknowledging what Han pointed out, the idea that the GQH was alays meant to be official where ALL arms were available for info, how about -
[13:22] Callipygian Christensen: post and announce in all area, group, forums etc and request that citizens send in any questions they would like addressed..
[13:22] Lyubov: I would like to note, that the Constitution states that the Chancellor shall attend RA meetings and truthfully and fully answer questions of any citizen. "Section 8 – RA Oversight

Each month the Chancellor shall attend a meeting of the Representative Assembly, and fully and truthfully answer there any questions posed by any citizen about any aspect of the affairs of the CDS or of the Office of the Chancellor. The Chancellor will also attend upon three days notice at the written request from any member of the Representative Assembly."
[13:23] Callipygian Christensen: start the meeting, transcripted, withany official questions that came in, then once they are answered shut down transcription and provide a summayry of whatever chit chat subjects follow
[13:23] Callipygian Christensen: that probably honours the law, the reasons for the law and improves things perhaps, since the right arm of govt can be notified of questions
[13:24] Callipygian Christensen: it also allows for the informal, since there are seldom many questions :)
[13:24] Callipygian Christensen: done
[13:24] Lyubov: Thank yhou Calli.
[13:24] Lilith Ivory: I do like this idea Calli!
[13:24] Lyubov: Noting the time on the clock
[13:24] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: makes sense
[13:25] Lyubov: I would like to allow Emilia and then Han to make *brief* final comments. Then I would like to move this discussion to the Forum. We have two other New Business items to discuss today.
[13:25] Lyubov: Emilia?
[13:28] Emilia Dagostino: Thank you all for your thoughts. Calli, your suggestions are very useful, although i'm not clear on who makes these various announcements.. It would be nice to know who they fall to, because "The Chair" is me and the PIO, and we both are busy in real life. Also, I have some small anxiety that the GQH would be mired in obscurity if too much formality is required. I would actually remain with the official transcript for transparency to be maintained in a stated location, and then a summary to be published in Notifications and/or Forum.
[13:29] Lyubov: Thank you Emilia.
[13:30] Emilia Dagostino: Finally, to correct a couple of typos in my Exec Remarks; i am not sick with Covid-19, but i meant to communicate i am tired of it holding the world in a choke hold....and while i said i am not returning to work, i meant actually that i am not happy to return to work, nor do i know exactly when.
[13:30] Emilia Dagostino: done.
[13:30] Lyubov: Thank you once again Emilia.
[13:30] Lyubov: Lastly, Han.
[13:30] Tanoujin Milestone: ;) got it
[13:30] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: Thank you. To head off the possibility of social engineering/malicious use/passive-aggressiveness, I'd personally like to see "formal mode" require advance notice.
[13:30] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: That way someone can't simply ambush the meeting for whatever reason.
[13:30] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: I'd be happy with 24hr advance notice to the LRA, SC Dean and Chancellor but I think a few days notice would be better -and either way it should be requested (by the citizen or offical wanting formal mode) on the forum (in writing).
[13:31] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: Done, and off topic I thank Emilia for coming in despite what she's going through
[13:31] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: Done done :)
[13:31] Lyubov: Thank you Han, and thank you everyone for your valuable contributions to this discussion!
[13:32] Tanoujin Milestone: I move we work this out on the forums
[13:32] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: second
[13:32] Lyubov: I would like to motion that the Update to NL 7-1 Government Question Hour Act be tabled until the next RA meeting and that this discussion continue through Forum, where the topic will be moved to the General Discussion area to allow for public comment
[13:32] Lyubov: or what Tan said :)
[13:32] Tanoujin Milestone: lol, retract and second yours
[13:33] Lyubov: You retracted faster than I !
[13:33] Lyubov: Thank you Tan.
[13:33] Lyubov: Please vote that the Update to NL 7-1 Government Question Hour Act be tabled until the next RA meeting and that this discussion continue through Forum, where the topic will be moved to the General Discussion area to allow for public comment
[13:33] Lyubov: Ayew
[13:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[13:33] Lyubov: Aye
[13:33] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:33] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:33] Lyubov: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:34] Lyubov: Noting the time, we do have two more New Business items. I do not expect them to be controversial, but if they will require more time, we will need to table these as well.
[13:34] Lyubov: 7.2 Reclassification of Other actions of the 8th RA, see discussion at http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9419
[13:35] Lyubov: There has been a forum discussion about this. It appears that all of these items have been addressed though formal legislation, or were simply meeting notes.
[13:36] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to take this section of code to "Archaic" ;)
[13:36] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: second
[13:36] Lyubov: Thank you Tan and Kyoko.
[13:36] Lyubov: Are there any comments or questions before we proceed to a vote?
[13:36] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: no
[13:36] Lyubov: Thank you.
[13:36] Lyubov: Please vote to take this section of code to "Archaic"
[13:37] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:37] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:37] Lyubov: Aye
[13:37] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[13:37] Lyubov: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:37] Lyubov: Next, .3 Reclassification of NL 9-1 Commercial Development Act, see discussion at http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9418
[13:38] Lyubov: We have also held a forum discussion about this topic. This seems to no longer be relevant for today's CDS.
[13:38] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to take NL 9-1 to "Archaic"
[13:38] Rosie Gray: second the motion
[13:39] Lyubov: Thank you Tan and Rosie.
[13:39] Lyubov: Are there any comments or questions before we proceed to a vote?
[13:39] Lyubov: I hear none.
[13:39] Lyubov: Please vote to take NL 9-1 to "Archaic"
[13:39] Lyubov: Aye
[13:39] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[13:39] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:39] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:39] Nolligan: is online.
[13:39] Lyubov: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:39] Lyubov: Our next agenda item is *8. General Announcements
[13:39] Lilith Ivory: sorry, I need to run, bye all
[13:40] Lyubov: I have a few announcements:
[13:40] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf-Tempest: tc, Lil good to see you
[13:40] Lyubov: Next LUC Meeting, Sunday 29 March at 1000 SLT
[13:40] Lyubov: Note: Europe changes to summer time on Sunday 29 March
[13:40] Lyubov: MoCA Current Exhibits March 7-April 15, 2020
[13:41] Lyubov: CDS has been featured in Second Life Newser. There is a feature-length article about our 8 March - International Women's Day at CDS
[13:41] Lyubov: https://slnewserevents.blogspot.com/202 ... t-cds.html
[13:41] Lyubov: There was also an announcement for our St. Patrick's Day festivities, https://slnewser.blogspot.com/2020/03/a ... -2020.html
[13:42] Lyubov: Lastly, planning is now underway for the April CDS event
[13:42] Lyubov: "April Showers" will be on 26 April at 1200 SLT with CDS' own DJQT entertaining us. Be prepared to dress appropriately!
[13:43] Lyubov: Are there any more General Announcements?
[13:43] Lyubov: I hear none.
[13:43] Lyubov: Our next item is *9. Next Meeting

Two weeks, Saturday 4 April through Tuesday 7 April.
[13:44] Lyubov: Are we able to agree to a weekend meeting date?
[13:44] Tanoujin Milestone: fine with me
[13:44] Rosie Gray: fine with me
[13:44] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: should be fine
[13:45] Lyubov: Shall we try for Sunday? Richie is usually unavailable Saturdays, as I recall.
[13:45] Tanoujin Milestone: ok, good
[13:45] Lyubov: Sunday 5 April.
[13:45] Rosie Gray: sure
[13:46] Lyubov: How early can we start? The LUC likes to start at 1000 SLT...I would like 1000 or even earlier, if possible.
[13:46] Rosie Gray: 9:30?
[13:46] Rosie Gray: don't know about Richie though
[13:46] Lyubov: My mistake!
[13:47] Lyubov: I think I am looking at the wrong dates...
[13:47] Lyubov: April 5 is only one week, correct?
[13:47] Tanoujin Milestone: erm, true
[13:47] Lyubov: Two weeks is 12 April, Easter Sunday...
[13:47] Rosie Gray: /me nods
[13:47] Rosie Gray: makes no difference to me
[13:48] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: that's a no for me
[13:48] Lyubov: So, this probably suggests Tuesday 14 April then...
[13:48] Tanoujin Milestone: i do not care about easter
[13:48] Lyubov: I can't speak for Richie.
[13:48] Tanoujin Milestone: hmhm
[13:48] Rosie Gray: do weekends matter as much now?
[13:49] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: ok howabout a poll online again?
[13:49] Rosie Gray: Emilia, are you able to come during the week now?
[13:49] Lyubov: The intent of a weekend is to give an opportunity for other citizens to attend. Doing Easter Sunday probably belies that!
[13:49] Tanoujin Milestone: the muslims will come ;)
[13:50] Emilia Dagostino: Until further notice about my work; i'm also looking for a hole to stick the GQH into for April, and it will be at 9am SL to 10am SL.
[13:50] Emilia Dagostino: almost certainly a Sunday, let's say April 5th, for better or worse.
[13:51] Lyubov: I apologize, I am making a mess of the calendar... I was originally correct: Saturday 4 April through Tuesay 7 April is two weeks.
[13:51] Tanoujin Milestone: lol, really!
[13:51] Lyubov: Please double-check me
[13:51] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: /me edits the transcript....
[13:51] Tanoujin Milestone: i need a checker myself
[13:52] Emilia Dagostino: yes, this coming is 3/29.
[13:52] Rosie Gray: two weeks would be April 7, yes
[13:52] Lyubov: If this is the case, then let's try for Sunday 5 April at 0930 SLT?
[13:52] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: so Sunday is just 2 days short, which is close enough imho
[13:52] Tanoujin Milestone: kk
[13:53] Lyubov: We get a weekend with no known conflicts
[13:53] Emilia Dagostino: ok, strike GQH for that slot..
[13:53] Rosie Gray: sounds good to me
[13:53] Lyubov: I motion that the next RA meeting be set for Sunday 5 April at 0930 SLT
[13:53] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: secxond
[13:53] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[13:53] Lyubov: Thank you.
[13:54] Lyubov: Please vote, that the next RA meeting be set for Sunday 5 April at 0930 SLT
[13:54] Lyubov: Aye
[13:54] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[13:54] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:54] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:54] Lyubov: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:54] Lyubov: Lastly, I motion to adjourn.
[13:54] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[13:54] Lyubov: Thank you Tan.
[13:54] Lyubov: Please vote to adjourn.
[13:54] Lyubov: Aye
[13:54] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[13:54] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:54] Rosie Gray: aye
[13:54] Lyubov: The meeting is now adjourned. Thank you everyone!

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”