Petition to SC - Draft - Please review it !

This forum is used for discussion by members of the SC
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Petition to SC - Draft - Please review it !

Post by Arria Perreault »

PETITION TO SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL

Date :

Issue / Context :

Text of the petition :

Constitutional article(s) or law(s) considered :

My petition can be discussed in a public meeting : YES / NO
I have published my petition in the forums : YES / NO (Paste URL)

----------------
Given the Article III Section 1 of the CDS Constitution

"The Scientific Council (SC) is a self-selected meritocracy. Its governmental role is to interpret and enforce the constitution. Its service roll (ed. note: sic) is to resolve citizen disputes and moderate user forums and events."

All CDS citizen are entitled to make a petition. The petition must concern themselves directly. They have to use the current notecard to enter the petition. This notecard has to be sent to the SC Dean or to any member of the SC. The petition will be hold in the next meeting of the SC.

Confidentiality
If a citizen think that the petition is a personal concern, he has to declare it clearly. The SC has the right to decide that the petition is public. In this case, the citizen can decide to continue or to withdraw.

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Petition to SC - Draft - Please review it !

Post by Callipygian »

This text goes back to 2011, while Claude was Dean I believe, but seems a reasonable addition, in some form, to explain *what* types of thing a petition could be made for.

In order for the SC to begin action on an item, a CDS citizen must file a petition with the Dean.

Any CDS citizen may file a petition

Petitions may be of two types.

A. A petition challenging the legality of legislation

B. A petition alleging fault in the actions of a CDS citizen or government official. Absent written consent of both the petitioner and respondent, the SC lacks standing to address disputes between individuals which do not stem from existing CDS code or covenants.

A petition of type A must include -
*Reference to the particular act being challenged.
*An explanation of why the petitioner believes the act to be unconstitutional

A Petition of type B must include
* The identity (avatar) of the alleged transgressor(s)
* The code or covenant that is alleged to have been violated.
* The remedy sought

Type A petitions shall be made public immediately. When a Petition of type B is filed, a copy shall immediately be forwarded to the alleged transgressor(s). They shall have 5 days to submit a written response to the petition. At the end of the five day period, the petition and any response(s) shall be published.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

New version of the petition to SC

Petition to SC

B. A petition alleging

Please fill the information for the correct type of petition.

----------------------

Date :

---

Petition chalenging the legality of legislation

Reference to the particular act being challenged :

Wy the act is believed to be unconstitutional :

Please not that this type of petitions shall be made public immediately.

---

Petition alleging fault in the actions of a CDS citizen or government official.

Identity (avatar) of the alleged transgressor(s) .

COde or covenant that is alleged to have been violated .

Remedy sought .

when the petition alleging fault in the actions of a CDS citizen or government official is filed, a copy shall immediately be forwarded to the alleged transgressor(s). They shall have 5 days to submit a written response to the petition. At the end of the five day period, the petition and any response(s) shall be published.

----------------
Given the Article III Section 1 of the CDS Constitution

"The Scientific Council (SC) is a self-selected meritocracy. Its governmental role is to interpret and enforce the constitution. Its service roll (ed. note: sic) is to resolve citizen disputes and moderate user forums and events."

All CDS citizen are entitled to make a petition. The petition must concern themselves directly. They have to use the current notecard to enter the petition. This notecard has to be sent to the SC Dean or to any member of the SC. The petition will be hold in the next meeting of the SC.

Confidentiality
If a citizen think that the petition is a personal concern, he has to declare it clearly. The SC has the right to decide that the petition is public. In this case, the citizen can decide to continue or to withdraw.

Coop
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Coop »

Draft of the SC Petition Notecard, as discussed 7-16-16

Petition to SC

B. A petition alleging fault in the actions of a CDS citizen or government official.

Please fill in the information for the correct type of petition.

----------------------

TYPE A (Petition challenging the legality of legislation)

Date :

---

Petition challenging the legality of legislation

Reference to the particular act being challenged :

Why the act is believed to be unconstitutional :

Please note that this type of petitions shall be made public immediately.

---

Type B (Petition alleging fault in the actions of a CDS citizen or government official)

Identity (avatar) of the alleged transgressor(s) .

Code or covenant that is alleged to have been violated .

Remedy sought .

when the petition alleging fault in the actions of a CDS citizen or government official is filed, a copy shall immediately be forwarded to the alleged transgressor(s). They shall have 5 days to submit a written response to the petition. At the end of the five day period, the petition and any response(s) shall be published.

Should the Dean contact me to discuss concerns about publication ? YES / NO

----------------
Article III Section 1 of the CDS Constitution states:

Confidentiality

I now lay down the command of my legions and retire to private life. Marcus Licinius Crassus
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Thank you. I find this new version good.

Return to “SC Discussion”