Notice: Resignation of Sylvia Tamalyn from the RA

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Notice: Resignation of Sylvia Tamalyn from the RA

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I am sorry to say that the purpose of this post is to announce my resignation from the RA, effective immediately. Recently it has become apparent that I don't have sufficient time to attend to both RA and EM matters along with everything else I am asked to do in CDS, and still have some time for myself. Being an EM is more important to me and was the job I took on first, so it has to be my priority. Having done both jobs now, I feel like the Legislative branch is not the best fit for me.

I want to have time to work on the history museum, other CDS projects and events like Oktoberfest, things outside of CDS, and even non-SL things. I had hoped to wait till the end of the term and just not run for re-election, but the twice per month meetings with the accompanying Archivist duties, along with my other CDS responsibilities and things I am randomly being asked to do even right now as I type this post, have proven to be more stress than the fun that SL should be. When SL starts feeling like a job, that's when it's time to make a change.

So I thank everyone who voted for me with all my heart, and I wish there was two of me so that this didn't have to happen because I don't like letting people down. Thank you for having faith in me, and I will continue to do all I can to help in our community and help keep the estate running smoothly. I think that I can actually do a better job of that now.

Sylvia Tamalyn

CC: Lilith Ivory, Dean of the SC
Gaius T. Curio, LRA

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”