Change land price proposal discussion

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Change land price proposal discussion

Post by Han Held »

As you ought to know, there's an on-going discussion in "general" regarding changing the land prices from L$1.
You can see the discussion here; http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7375 ignore the flamewar in the beginning and read the rest of the posts, paying close attention to the issues brought up on the 3rd and 4th pages.

I will not vote on this in March, I will vote on it in April.
If you notice on the first page the proposal only addresses raising the purchase price, later it is proposed to change parcels to be non-transferrable.

I'm ready to approve raising the L$ purchase price, that's a change I'm enthusastic about; we need the money.

The other changes? No fucking clue -Calli has made it clear there's issues to consider and that it might actually be a bad idea. Again, read the thread.

We CAN split this into two proposals; teir raising and then the other. I'd be happy to vote on and approve raising the purchase price of parcels and going back to the old system of having that being the price of citizenship. I would be happy to vote yay on that this next meeting.

Anything beyond that? Nope, not without discussion of both the pros and cons.
Y'all can do whatever, but I won't vote for that rn

Anyone else want to post their thoughts, reactions, etc?

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”