Board Guild Meeting 15th June 2008 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Everywhere

Board Guild Meeting 15th June 2008 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:12] You: let's start
[9:12] You: hello everyone
[9:12] You: please rememeber this meeting is transcripted into our forums
[9:12] You: agenda is the pink box, blue box contains the link to the GMP blog and survey
[9:12] You: i will request an assistant
[9:13] You: since we will hold votings today
[9:13] Sudane Erato: where is Rose when we need her? :)
[9:13] Symo Kurka: :))
[9:13] Moon Adamant looks around
[9:14] Symo Kurka: ok i'll transcript until Rose comes
[9:14] You: ok, thank you
[9:14] Symo Kurka: but have to leave in 1 hour and a haldf
[9:15] Sudane Erato: i hope we're done by then
[9:15] You: well, i transcript too
[9:15] You: what i need is someone to write down the motions and the votes
[9:15] You: so that we have a summary
[9:15] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:15] Symo Kurka: i'll do that
[9:15] You: thank you Symo :)
[9:15] You: ok,
[9:16] You: today we have a LOT of info points
[9:16] You: since we didn't hold a meeting last Sunday because of auction
[9:16] You: and the RA before approved a lot of Guild related stuff
[9:17] You: here i must say a note that 3 members were absent from that RA meeting, two hhaving requested 7-day votes, which i haven't found anywhere in our forums
[9:17] You: so i am taking as de jure the majority of 4-0-0-0 that all Guiuld issues but one achieved at the RA meeting of the 7th June
[9:17] You: clear so far?
[9:18] Sudane Erato: yes!
[9:18] Symo Kurka: yes
[9:18] You: ok, so
[9:18] You: point 1
[9:18] You: Guild Charter approved by RA
[9:18] Sudane Erato: :).... well Rose, better late than never
[9:18] Rose Springvale: sorry, fathers day :(
[9:18] You: ah Hllo Rose, just in time lol
[9:18] Rose Springvale: rezzing
[9:19] Jon Seattle: Hi Rose :)
[9:19] Sudane Erato: we know you're not a father! :)
[9:19] Rose Springvale: hi eeryone .. sorry i'm late
[9:19] You: lol
[9:19] Rose Springvale: ha!
[9:19] Rose Springvale: i can't see ppl yet so i'm not sitting lol
[9:19] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:20] Symo Kurka: sit behind you Rose
[9:20] You: ok. thanks Symo :)
[9:20] You: Rose, we have jjust started
[9:20] Rose Springvale: :)
[9:20] Rose Springvale: i'm in the dark void now lol
[9:20] Symo Kurka: and therefore you're nominate assistant lol
[9:21] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:21] Rose Springvale: thanks!
[9:21] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:21] You: and i just finished explaining that we are holding the RA majority of 4-0-0-0 in the RA session of the 7th June de Jure
[9:21] Symo Kurka: unanimous??
[9:21] Symo Kurka: great
[9:21] You: since we couldn't find the declarations of vote of the other members anywhere
[9:21] You: in all points except one
[9:22] You: first point is Guild charter
[9:22] You: was passed unanimously
[9:22] Rose Springvale: no changes yesterday?
[9:22] You: and so, is in effect from this moment
[9:22] You: no meeting yesterday
[9:22] You: no quorum
[9:22] Rose Springvale: oh.. sigh
[9:22] Jon Seattle: Hi Jamie
[9:23] You: hi Jamie :)
[9:23] You: have a seat :)
[9:23] Rose Springvale: ah, i finally can see!
[9:23] Jamie Palisades smiles, waves and doesn';t interrupt
[9:23] You: remember this meeting is transcripted into the NG forums, and the agenda is in the pink box
[9:24] You: later today, i'll write to the SC asking them to replace the sticky in our forums with the New Charter
[9:24] You: but in any case, this leads us now to point 2
[9:24] You: 2. Nomination of Heads of Financial Department and Admin/Agent Department for the Board
[9:24] You: As by our new charter
[9:24] Sudane Erato: *sigh*
[9:25] You: the Sec of the Board nominates the two heads of department
[9:25] You: and the board votes them into office by simple majority
[9:25] You: so let's proceed one by one
[9:25] You: For head of the Financial Department of the Board, i nominate Sudane Erato
[9:25] You: All agreeing, say Aye
[9:26] Rose Springvale: aye
[9:26] Symo Kurka: ayeeeee
[9:26] Sudane Erato: god
[9:26] Dnate Mars: aye
[9:26] You: Jon, Jamie?
[9:26] Jon Seattle: aye
[9:26] Jon Seattle: :)
[9:26] Jamie Palisades: aye - but I observer :)
[9:27] You: Jamie, you are a citizen and therefore allowed to vote
[9:27] Jon Seattle: god or good?
[9:27] Rose Springvale: smile, is god = aye?
[9:27] You: and i say Aye as well
[9:27] Sudane Erato: "god help me"
[9:27] You: so motion passed, unanymously but one god
[9:27] Jamie Palisades: sorry - bad typing as an art form, I am reduced to "Hulk Smash" sorts of sentences it seems
[9:27] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:27] You: Congrats Sudane :)
[9:27] Jon Seattle: lol, well NG is solvent :)
[9:27] Rose Springvale: smile :)
[9:27] Sudane Erato: yes it is!!
[9:27] Jamie Palisades: Solvency rah rah
[9:28] Sudane Erato: ty Rose and Jon!
[9:28] You: For head of Admin/Agent Department
[9:28] Rose Springvale: lol
[9:28] Jon Seattle: :)
[9:28] You: i nominate Rose Springvale
[9:28] You: all agreeing, say Aye
[9:28] Rose Springvale: waaaaiiitttt
[9:28] Sudane Erato: AYE AYE!
[9:28] Rose Springvale: maybe i should read that charter...
[9:28] Jon Seattle: aye :)
[9:28] Dnate Mars: lol
[9:28] Dnate Mars: aye
[9:28] Sudane Erato: haha... can't get out of it now!
[9:28] Symo Kurka: aaaye
[9:29] You: you'll like it, it's an easy job and you already do half of it anyway .)
[9:29] Rose Springvale: lol
[9:29] Rose Springvale: sas the spider to the fly...
[9:29] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:29] You: who is missing to vote?
[9:30] Rose Springvale: i abstain
[9:30] Rose Springvale: :)
[9:30] Symo Kurka: you, Moon
[9:30] You: Jamie?
[9:30] Symo Kurka: aqnd Jamie
[9:30] Jamie Palisades: I left my mind in my other stupid RP outfit ...
[9:30] You: i am the last to vote always
[9:30] You: oh come on
[9:30] Jamie Palisades: aye :) rah Rose
[9:30] You: and i vote aye as well
[9:31] You: passed with one abstain
[9:31] Rose Springvale: hmph
[9:31] You: i must make a not e here
[9:31] Jamie Palisades: bwah haha - have we trapped her back into service yes? can I evilly cackle?
[9:31] You: that Faculty will surely meet soon and nominate their heads of dep too
[9:31] You: lol, Jamie
[9:32] You: Congrats Rose
[9:32] You: Now, Sudane and Rose
[9:32] Jon Seattle: yay! both of you.
[9:32] Rose Springvale: thank you all. do we need to make a speech?
[9:32] Rose Springvale: :)
[9:32] Sudane Erato: yes mom :(
[9:32] You: you are free to get more victims into your deps
[9:32] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:32] Rose Springvale needs to figure out what her "department" is...
[9:32] You: and you are free to organize your deps as you think better
[9:32] You: but you have the dduty to report
[9:33] Rose Springvale: here?
[9:33] Jamie Palisades: from the top of the Kitche naked actually
[9:33] You: yes, or to the Sec
[9:33] Jamie Palisades: (psst it was Su's idea)
[9:33] You: as the Guil has gained a new complexity
[9:33] Rose Springvale: uh huh
[9:33] You: i am passing into point 3
[9:33] You: which is a new project, creation of a Guild Blog
[9:34] You: in which we will post our charter, board procedures, dep procedures, and whatever else occurs to us
[9:34] Rose Springvale: will this be linked to the Portal?
[9:34] You: (we already have the domain :)
[9:34] You: yes, in the future, it will link to the portal
[9:35] Jamie Palisades raises hand for questions
[9:35] You: yes Jamie?
[9:35] Jamie Palisades: is it a subdomain of slcds.info?
[9:35] You: yes
[9:35] Sudane Erato: good
[9:35] Jamie Palisades: and is it a portable resource in case that domain even gets refactored, as part of the Portal project?
[9:35] Rose Springvale: is it breakable? :) i'm good at breaking things :)
[9:36] Symo Kurka: lol
[9:36] You: uh, that have to ask to the sys admin lol
[9:36] You: just a sec
[9:36] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:36] Jamie Palisades: ahh EVERYTHING is breakable to the sufficiently patient :)
[9:36] Jon Seattle: yes, you can always map subdomains :)
[9:36] Sudane Erato has no idea what a sub domain is
[9:37] Jamie Palisades: WHat I was htikning Jon is tihs - not so much the subdomain, but rather, some BBS Wiki etc systems are kinda messy in terms of their admin files and substantive files - and thu s- hard to move from server to server
[9:37] Rose Springvale thinks it has to do with handcuffs and leather...
[9:37] You: Sudane, like masterplan.slcds.org
[9:37] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:37] Jon Seattle: ah edu edu.northwestern edu.northwestern.at and so on -- you can connect any sequence of names to a particular IP address
[9:37] Sudane Erato: i see :)
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: Susu, in foo.slcds.inco, FOO is subd, slcds.info is domain
[9:38] You: jamie, i specifically asked Alex about this point
[9:38] Sudane Erato: i guess nothing to do with leather
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: no, no, dommedomains require - um - bigger servers ...
[9:38] You: in ultimate case, you can always have RSS feeds coming from these blogs
[9:38] Rose Springvale sighs.
[9:38] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:38] Jon Seattle: conspircy.masterplan.slcds.org :) (joking)
[9:38] You: lol
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: got it Moon, thanks
[9:38] You: ok next point
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: fic.slcds.info :)
[9:39] Jon Seattle: :D
[9:39] You: the RA of 7th june also approved by 4-0-0-0 the name of Locus Amoenus to our 4th sim, previously known as CN-West
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: yay :)
[9:39] You: so, it is the official name
[9:39] Sudane Erato: aya1 :)
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: there's a great WIkipedia entyr on that phrase as well, by the way, for semiotic enjoyment
[9:40] Jon Seattle: cool :)
[9:40] Rose Springvale: Symo showd us.. :)
[9:40] You: it also approved by same majority the covenants, with the friencly amendment that all references to CN-West become now "Locus Amoeunus"
[9:40] Rose Springvale: all that passionate stuff :)
[9:40] Jamie Palisades shrugs, I put the link into the RA transcript for that week
[9:40] Rose Springvale: yep
[9:40] You: so this brings us to point 6
[9:41] You: which is again a new project
[9:41] Rose Springvale: its a great name and a fun article
[9:41] You: the creation of the Locus amoenus blog,
[9:41] Jamie Palisades grrs mildly and raises his hand again
[9:41] You: namely for effects of publication of covenants, promotion and pre-sales
[9:41] You: yes, Jamie?
[9:42] Jamie Palisades: sigh
[9:42] Jamie Palisades: AM = do not recall we did so but CN = ...
[9:42] Jamie Palisades: nice at the time but an utter out of date embarrassement as it aged, no?
[9:43] Jamie Palisades: whjat's the long tersm plan here? Or am I misapprehending the CN material?
[9:43] You: well, it could be used by a local association of citizens
[9:43] You: for the momen
[9:43] You: it's the publication of the map, covenants, prices when we have them, etc
[9:43] You: gathering all info in one spot
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: wel, what I am realyl asking, I guess, if whether there's (a) an understaking to use it duriong construction, (b) if so, from who, and (c) whetehr we can have an end of life plan for it this time
[9:44] Rose Springvale raises hand
[9:44] You: the end of life can be when all is sol, or not
[9:44] You: yes, Rose?
[9:45] Rose Springvale: this is for public consumption or internal use? becasue we do have the new project management too...
[9:45] Rose Springvale: tool
[9:45] Rose Springvale: and i see jamies point
[9:45] You: public comsumption
[9:45] Rose Springvale: i've got the old blog in my bookmarks
[9:45] You: well, and internal
[9:45] You: imagine that you Rose, want to buy a plot
[9:45] Rose Springvale: and it still promotes orgies :)
[9:45] You: we can have a list of pre-reservations
[9:45] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:45] Jon Seattle: lol
[9:46] Rose Springvale: would that be better done in world?
[9:46] You: but we do NEED to have a place which we can direct people too
[9:46] You: in the inforcentre, yes, we can link the infocentre to it
[9:46] Rose Springvale: well
[9:46] Rose Springvale: hmm
[9:47] You: but btw, i am also thinking about a locus amoenus exhibit
[9:47] You: inworld
[9:47] You: but i need the pricing for that
[9:47] You: and a sys of pre-reservations
[9:47] Symo Kurka: it could be on the LA quay
[9:48] You: no Symo, the exhibit to start as soon as financials are approved
[9:48] You: in all three sims
[9:48] Rose Springvale: i just worry about having so many places "off world" that we send ppl to
[9:48] You: thus the portal and infocentre objects
[9:48] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:49] Jamie Palisades: assuming, rose, you mean that land sales marketing would be better done in world -- I think it's fine to do a land sales blog -- I just hope for some kind of disposition plan so it does not fall embrassingly out of date. I'm generally concerned that land sales for this sim full of lil plots will be MORE timeconsuming and need MORE promotional activity tham, say, AM. Once Moon is done with the blog action item, I may have some Qs about that.
[9:49] Symo Kurka: if needed the Old Bowl dancing platform is available too
[9:49] You: my opinion here is that it is more sellable to have a nice blog than to direct people to three spots in our forums
[9:49] Rose Springvale: okay
[9:50] Symo Kurka: Jamie, i think Beathan said it would be sold in a minute lol
[9:50] Rose Springvale: then lets have someone in charge of keeping it up to date
[9:50] Jamie Palisades: So, blog good, Moon. Who runs it?
[9:50] You: and it's important to centralize info
[9:50] You: well, we also have a domain for it too
[9:50] Rose Springvale: and to revise the old CN one?
[9:50] Jamie Palisades: Sorry, who? :) I have a faint memory of some guy with a mohawl we used to see.
[9:50] You: the old blogs should fall under the attention of the PIO
[9:50] You: or of the Sim Janitors
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: isn;t that the null set right now?
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: WHo other than Tanoujin, of dear memory, was in that role?
[9:51] Jon Seattle: Hmmm.. I think Brian set up the old one, not sure if anyone else has access?
[9:51] Rose Springvale: having been both a janitor and pio, i'll just throw out that i was never given keys to that
[9:51] Rose Springvale: antonius was a janitor for a while too
[9:51] You: well, this is not a discussion for the Guild
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: :) blog blog blog :) who will write it if one is started, Moon?
[9:52] You: but perhaps the roles of PIO and Janitors should be reviewed then - though not here?
[9:52] You: Jamie, i will start the blog
[9:52] Jon Seattle: its a point in a way, the old blog was pre-New Guild officially.
[9:52] You: and add the info i have
[9:52] You: for the continuation, it should fall under the PIO
[9:53] Jamie Palisades: then should the PIO agree ?
[9:53] You: or be archived once the sales is done
[9:54] You: are*
[9:54] You: Jamie
[9:54] You: i am proposing mechanisms for prmotion with the data we already have
[9:54] You: and even offering to assemble those
[9:55] You: what the PIO does with them afterwards is not my issue
[9:55] You: but what i feel now is that is best to point interest buyers to a place where all info is centralized
[9:55] Rose Springvale: so what do you need today? :) an motion to start the blog?
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: :) I understand there's plenty of material for now and see this is a very good positive thing, Moon, I just would like to see some end-of-life plan, such as , "after original sales are fully completed the blog will be closed and acrhived, or integrated into CDS portal by executive branch."
[9:56] Rose Springvale: nice wording :)
[9:56] You: ok, we can pass that motion if someone seconds
[9:56] Dnate Mars: second
[9:56] Rose Springvale: should we add it to a motion to start the blog though?
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: "friendly amendment" :)
[9:56] You: lol, i'll start it :)
[9:57] You: as said, we already have the subdomain :)
[9:57] You: but ok
[9:57] You: motion to start a blog for promotion and pre-selling of l>ocus amoenus
[9:57] You: all agreeing, say Aye
[9:57] Rose Springvale: aye
[9:57] Sudane Erato: aye
[9:58] Symo Kurka: aye
[9:58] Jon Seattle: aye
[9:58] You: Dnate, Jamie
[9:58] You: ?
[9:58] Jamie Palisades: aye
[9:59] You: Dnate?
[9:59] You: well, he seems afk
[10:00] You: i vote aye
[10:00] You: passed
[10:00] You: now for Jamie's motion
[10:00] Dnate Mars: aye, sorry
[10:00] You: "after original sales are fully completed the blog will be closed and acrhived, or integrated into CDS portal by executive branch."
[10:00] Jamie Palisades: I assume no restatement is needed? Just page up
[10:00] You: all agreeing, say auye
[10:00] Jamie Palisades: aye
[10:00] Rose Springvale: aye
[10:00] Symo Kurka: aye
[10:00] Sudane Erato: aye
[10:00] Jon Seattle: aye
[10:01] You: Dnate?
[10:01] Jon Seattle: uh oh -- stuck typing
[10:03] You: pending Dnate's vote, i vote aye too
[10:03] You: so motion passed
[10:03] You: in any case
[10:03] Dnate Mars: aye
[10:04] You: this blog will lack info untill the RA approves teh financials of the sim
[10:04] Rose Springvale: is that on seven day vote?
[10:04] You: which was the only thing that was left undecided at the RA of 7th June~
[10:04] Sudane Erato: well... the 7 days are up
[10:04] You: i looked for the 7-day vote posts and could not find them
[10:05] You: Jamie, you didn't get them by mail, or something?
[10:05] You: hi Brian :)
[10:05] Jamie Palisades: I have not yet seen any :)
[10:05] Rose Springvale: so we stand with the motion defeated
[10:05] You: agenda on the pink box, someone please update Brian in IM
[10:05] Rose Springvale: and no quorum to have anythign else on the table?
[10:05] Brian Livingston waves
[10:05] Sudane Erato: i think it was 2 - 2
[10:06] Jamie Palisades: correct
[10:06] You: yes, two ayes and two nays
[10:06] Jamie Palisades: 2 and 2 and 3 checked out
[10:06] You: so untill the RA meets and votes again, the finantials are pending
[10:06] Jamie Palisades: Ask your friends in DPU - I thikn they are holding out for smaller reserves and lower prices
[10:06] Rose Springvale: which means the sim is pending
[10:06] You: exactly
[10:07] Rose Springvale: gee, but the guild stalls... :; grumbles::
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: Maybe I will write a note to DPU, Dnate :)
[10:07] Jon Seattle: Hi Brian :)
[10:07] Brian Livingston: So it isn't the NG that's holding up the process, eh?
[10:07] You: mind you, for us doing the Texture WG work, this is not bad - gives us more time
[10:07] You: no
[10:07] Brian Livingston: Hehe
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: nope :) we are having RA fatigue -- or ADD
[10:07] You: it's the RA holding up the finantials
[10:08] You: ok
[10:08] Jamie Palisades: Read the transcript :)seefor yourself who;s holding it up
[10:08] Rose Springvale: oh well, our citizen roles are closed for the next vote anyway
[10:08] You: yes
[10:08] You: so, we just have to wait
[10:08] You: let's pass to next point
[10:08] You: 8. Information Point: Altenstadt Plan approved at RA. Building has started.
[10:09] Jon Seattle: yay! who is building?
[10:09] You: We have already parcelled teh terrain and settled teh roads
[10:09] Jamie Palisades: siiiiigh
[10:09] You: though in fact today we altered the plan a bit
[10:09] Jamie Palisades wonders if that squared off LEGO road plan was unavodiable, frankly
[10:09] Dnate Mars: I am sorry, but I must run now
[10:09] You: to provide for a better accesss to the furture NFS-Ost
[10:09] Jamie Palisades: Ta Dnate :)
[10:09] You: bye Dnate, thanks for showing by :)
[10:09] Jon Seattle: Bye Dnate
[10:09] You: hi Arria :)
[10:10] Rose Springvale: bye dnate :)
[10:10] Arria Perreault: Hi
[10:10] Rose Springvale: Hi Arria :)
[10:10] Jon Seattle: Hi Aria :)
[10:10] Jon Seattle: *arria
[10:10] Arria Perreault: Bye Dnate
[10:10] You: agenda in the pink box, someone please update Arria in IM
[10:10] Rose Springvale: okay, i'll do it
[10:10] You: but in any case
[10:10] You: the pond is there, the garden is started
[10:11] You: the future gate wall is there
[10:11] You: and the parcels are there
[10:11] You: and very soon they will be set for sale
[10:11] Sudane Erato: are we putting builds there?
[10:11] You: i think we decided not
[10:11] Sudane Erato: kk
[10:12] You: let's try to aim at a bit of variety in NFS, which is starting to become too mush uniform
[10:12] Jamie Palisades: Sorry to rudely ask again, but is that road configuration with those sharp right angles truly not smoothable and nonnegotiatble?
[10:12] You: much
[10:12] Brian Livingston: I take it it is too late to discuss possibly widening that road... I know, I know the plan has been out for a while, but seeing it in perosn, I guess I had envisioned a wider road to carry in visitors from the main gate.
[10:12] You: yes, we widened the roads
[10:13] You: that was our feeling too in place
[10:13] Jamie Palisades: I last looked on Friday
[10:13] Sudane Erato: the bit between the pond and the old gate is still twisty
[10:13] You: made a smaller pond and garden
[10:13] Sudane Erato: yes... around the pond its much better
[10:13] Brian Livingston: Ah, ok. I'll admit i haven't seen it in the past couple days, so sorry if i am being a bit repetitive :p
[10:13] You: no lol, we were doing it just before this meeting :)
[10:14] Jamie Palisades: Thanks as always for all your work on this
[10:14] You: so everyone go there after the meeting and tell us what you think
[10:14] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:14] You: ok
[10:14] Symo Kurka: k
[10:14] Rose Springvale: do we have pricing for it?
[10:14] Jamie Palisades: ye s- was in motion
[10:14] Rose Springvale: okay, missed that
[10:15] You: the same pricing that applies to the inner city, i suppose?
[10:15] Jamie Palisades: that's what the motion said (thank god)
[10:15] Sudane Erato: thats what i had thought, yes
[10:15] You: ok
[10:15] You: 9. Information Point: Bierhaus approved by Chancellor. Replacement done.
[10:15] Rose Springvale: yay!
[10:16] Jon Seattle: yes, the new inside is very nice indeed :)
[10:16] Jamie Palisades: we had a demolition party :)
[10:16] You: with the replacement of biergarten, removal of structures in altenstadt, etc, we are now past the 1000 free prim bank
[10:16] Rose Springvale: ah wonderful!
[10:16] You: the biergarten is still incomplete, i need two items by Sudane lol
[10:16] Rose Springvale grumbles at missing parties
[10:16] Sudane Erato: oh!
[10:16] Sudane Erato: whenever
[10:16] You: just your esplanade chair and teh spigots for beer
[10:17] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:17] Sudane Erato: kk
[10:17] Brian Livingston: Beer, we do need beer!
[10:17] Rose Springvale: make sure she gives you perms..
[10:17] You: the upper room of the biergarten was left empty
[10:17] Sudane Erato: what's an esplanade chair?
[10:17] You: those that you have at the café
[10:17] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:17] Sudane Erato: ahh... ok
[10:17] You: anyway
[10:17] Jamie Palisades: you were offworld Rosalita -- it was sort of impromptu -- I walked into Alexi and Moon holding dynamite sticks and giggling ...
[10:17] You: the upper room was left empty
[10:18] Rose Springvale: smiling. i know. i just have to pout for good measure
[10:18] You: because MoCA had some old plan to get a curator intern who would live on the bierhaus
[10:18] You: and now that plan is possible
[10:18] You: i have already informed Delia about this
[10:18] Jamie Palisades makes a note -- check on MoCA viability, vitality
[10:19] Jon Seattle: :) interesting idea
[10:19] Rose Springvale: you know
[10:19] You: yes?
[10:19] Rose Springvale: we do have a lot of new people .. opening up some of those jobs might let pple get more involved
[10:19] You: Chancellor and RA to decide
[10:20] Rose Springvale: okay, :). sits on hands
[10:20] You: unsit from your hands Rose
[10:20] Jon Seattle: Well, MoCA is an NGO as far as I know :)
[10:20] You: because point 10 is
[10:20] Sudane Erato: they'll get numb
[10:20] You: 10. Information Point: Fundraising results
[10:21] Rose Springvale: ah
[10:21] Rose Springvale: i'm on the agenda?
[10:21] You: and as you organised it to unprecedented success, to you the honour of reporting on it
[10:21] Rose Springvale: hmm, okay, let me pull my report :)
[10:21] Rose Springvale: for anyone who hasn't seen it
[10:21] Rose Springvale: -78 Items donated (approximately) grouped to make 46 bid boxes -17 different donors, all but 2 CDS citizens. -21 different people won bids -20 cash donors (approximately)
[10:22] Rose Springvale: Sales: $ 20635 (subject to collection) Donations: $ 9660 Total: $ 30295
[10:22] Rose Springvale: i believe .. maybe sudane can confirm, that all has been collected?
[10:22] Sudane Erato: oh... i don't know
[10:22] Rose Springvale: we had all but two .. about 1100 lindens on friday
[10:22] Rose Springvale: and ahem
[10:22] Sudane Erato: you had said that 2 items remained to be distributed?
[10:23] Rose Springvale: yes, but .. ahem
[10:23] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:23] Brian Livingston made sure to pay his debts before Rose came after him with a bat :p
[10:23] Rose Springvale: i sent them because i wanted to finish...
[10:23] Sudane Erato: who is "ahem"?
[10:23] Rose Springvale: uh huh
[10:23] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:23] Rose Springvale: you should have them all before the day is out.. right Brian :)
[10:23] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:23] Brian Livingston: I already paid!! :p
[10:23] You: lol
[10:23] Rose Springvale: yay!
[10:24] Rose Springvale: so we should be all set
[10:24] Rose Springvale: fyi
[10:24] Rose Springvale: 27000 is tier on this property for a year
[10:24] Rose Springvale: so we have that and a little .. reserve :)
[10:24] You: yes :)
[10:24] You: which is great
[10:24] Symo Kurka: we'll spend it in beer
[10:24] Symo Kurka: lol
[10:24] Sudane Erato: scotch!
[10:24] Rose Springvale: i will list the donors and bidders i think on a forum note, one more thank you :)
[10:25] You: nah, we'll make big things :)
[10:25] Brian Livingston: Pshaw, with that kind of scratch, Whiskey it is ladies and gents
[10:25] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:25] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:25] Rose Springvale: have made notes for next year :0
[10:25] Rose Springvale: including getting other people to hand out things lol
[10:25] You: My thanks to Rose, who organized it all, and to everyone who donated and bidded
[10:25] Rose Springvale: and lying to guild members about deadlines for contributions :)
[10:25] You: lol
[10:26] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:26] You: ok, back to business~
[10:26] You: 11. Textures and texture content theft
[10:26] Rose Springvale: it was fun, thanks for all your support
[10:26] You: no progresss here, i think
[10:26] Arria Perreault: No :-)
[10:26] Naftali Torok: goodday everybody
[10:26] You: and neither on point 12. Project management software - information point
[10:26] Naftali Torok: thanks pip
[10:27] You: i think
[10:27] Symo Kurka: Hi neighbours
[10:27] Rose Springvale: hi naftali, pip!
[10:27] You: hi Naftali and hi Pip
[10:27] Naftali Torok: I sorry..
[10:27] Naftali Torok: I'm Sorry! i forgot....
[10:27] Naftali Torok: blush
[10:27] You: please touch the pink box for agenda
[10:27] Jon Seattle: Hi Naftali and Pip :)
[10:27] You: and somebody can please update them in IM?
[10:27] Naftali Torok: thanks
[10:27] You: ok
[10:27] Pip Torok: sorry got held up by my kids on fathers Day ...
[10:27] You: reports
[10:28] You: 13. Masterplan WG and GMP blog
[10:28] Brian Livingston: brb
[10:28] You: we closed the exhibition on the 8th-9th
[10:28] You: but at the same time, we created a blog to keep the info all structures
[10:28] You: structured
[10:29] You: also to allow people to keep filling the surveys
[10:29] Jamie Palisades: :)
[10:29] Symo Kurka: btw did ECRYBODY hewre fill the survey??
[10:29] You: that's the blue box in front of me, which has the link for the GMP bçlog
[10:29] Symo Kurka: *evrybody
[10:29] Jamie Palisades: Moon that's masterplan.slcds.info, yes?
[10:29] You: http://masterplan.slcds.info/
[10:29] Naftali Torok: ok
[10:30] You: i did
[10:30] Symo Kurka: Arria, Brian??
[10:30] You: we would like to ask everyone to fill in the survey
[10:30] Symo Kurka: Naf? Pip?
[10:30] Naftali Torok: yep boss will do so
[10:30] Naftali Torok: smiles
[10:30] Symo Kurka: Rose? Jamie?
[10:30] You: because atm, we have too small a sample
[10:31] Rose Springvale: sorry, i was still sending updates
[10:31] Rose Springvale: yes, i filled it out
[10:31] Sudane Erato: can we fill it out more than once? :)
[10:31] Symo Kurka: and i suggest each one of us gets IM's his Cds firends
[10:31] Symo Kurka: *sorry
[10:31] You: ehehe ask the programmer here by my side :)
[10:31] You: but i think not :)
[10:31] Brian Livingston: I've filled it out ;)
[10:32] Jon Seattle: I used off the shelf software for this one, so it does check IP addresses, but it does not lock anyone out
[10:33] You: so you say it registers two answers from same Ip address?
[10:33] Jon Seattle: yes, it will :)
[10:33] You: another thing which i can propose
[10:33] You: is that we create a booth with some visibility for the survey
[10:34] You: and ask again the Chancellor to let us place it for another week or so at the central spots on the sims
[10:34] Symo Kurka: i do agree ofcourse
[10:34] You: what do you think? good idea?
[10:34] Rose Springvale: what is our percentage? do we know?
[10:34] Pip Torok: good idea
[10:35] Jamie Palisades: Yes - and as to the IP tracking, Jon, that's great, I suggest we openly say that - thus paving the way for some further eventual political issues about resolving undisclosed alts :)
[10:35] You: atm, let's say that the pareto rule is applying
[10:35] Rose Springvale: my sense is that we won't get many more participants
[10:35] Symo Kurka: how many do participate to general elections?
[10:35] Jamie Palisades: Still
[10:36] Jamie Palisades: it's good to BE SEEN to conduct the surey
[10:36] Jamie Palisades: survey
[10:36] Jamie Palisades: :)
[10:36] Jamie Palisades: afk a sec
[10:36] Jon Seattle: Jamie, my thought was not to look at the IP addresses, in fact I have the software configured that way, but we can change the setting if we like. Right now we have only 12 responses and I doubt it is a problem as yet.
[10:37] Rose Springvale: then if we are in no hurry, i'd suggest yes, make it much more visible
[10:37] You: ok
[10:37] Rose Springvale: i think the survey gx did got pretty good participation
[10:37] You: i will do that then
[10:37] Rose Springvale: also
[10:37] Symo Kurka: and wait a couple of weeks more
[10:37] You: ok
[10:37] Rose Springvale: is it possible to fill it out from the forum now?
[10:37] You: then, if you all agree
[10:37] You: from the blog, yes
[10:37] You: and from the forum too, i think
[10:37] You: so if you all agree
[10:38] You: i'll make a booth
[10:38] You: with FILL THIS SURVEY on it
[10:38] Symo Kurka: yes Moon
[10:38] You: and ask Alex to let it keep for 2 weeks more at Platz, Forum, and hamlet in AM
[10:39] You: all agree?
[10:39] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:39] Rose Springvale: you could put "free sex poses" inside, and then more ppl would go in...
[10:39] You: lol
[10:39] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:39] Symo Kurka: lol
[10:39] Pip Torok: hamlet in AM?
[10:39] Brian Livingston: lol
[10:39] Jamie Palisades: *sigh*
[10:39] You: the lower part of AM is the Hamlet zone
[10:39] Pip Torok: ah
[10:39] Jamie Palisades: we have an infohub there, anyway, for AM
[10:40] You: ok
[10:40] You: next point
[10:40] You: 14. Building Approval Committee WG.
[10:40] You: as you know, this is a dependency of Faculty
[10:40] You: btw Arria, Board has already elected it's Heads of Deps
[10:41] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:41] You: because New charter is inforced now
[10:41] You: its*
[10:41] Arria Perreault: who are these heads?
[10:41] Naftali Torok: same question here indeed
[10:41] You: for Board,
[10:42] You: Sudane is head of Financial
[10:42] You: and Rose is Head of Admin/Agfent
[10:42] You: agent*
[10:42] Arria Perreault: Faculty will also elect its heads
[10:43] Arria Perreault: I will organize this next week
[10:43] You: Faculty will appoint and vote their heads of dep too
[10:43] You: ok, thank you
[10:43] Sudane Erato: folks... sorry... i must go :(
[10:43] Sudane Erato: see you all :)
[10:43] Rose Springvale: bye sudane!
[10:43] Arria Perreault: if some members are candidates, please IM me
[10:43] You: ok, bye Sudane, thanks for showing by :)
[10:43] Arria Perreault: bye Sudane
[10:43] Jon Seattle: See you Sudane :)
[10:43] Pip Torok: bye Sudane ...
[10:43] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:43] Symo Kurka: geia Sudane
[10:44] You: ok
[10:44] You: 15. CDS Information Centre WG.
[10:44] You: nothing to report, i believe, because of auction, sim covenants, etc, right?
[10:44] Rose Springvale: um
[10:44] Rose Springvale: :) i believe you are chair of that WG :)
[10:45] You: yes lol
[10:45] You: but as i have been busy with the rest of the stuff :)
[10:45] Jamie Palisades: Sorry for my ignorance. What's the scope of that project? It sounds more like a PIO thing, frankly.
[10:45] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:45] You: pok, nothing to report, let's try and see if this week we get it moving again
[10:45] Rose Springvale: brought to us by pio jamie
[10:45] You: the scope is to create an object - a booth
[10:46] You: that is set in alll sims
[10:46] You: and that has the general info about CDS, events, links to portal, etc
[10:46] Arria Perreault: do you have some content for the SL5B exhibition
[10:46] Arria Perreault: =
[10:46] Arria Perreault: ?
[10:46] You: instead of having tons of small signs everywhere
[10:46] Arria Perreault: our display is a bit empty
[10:46] Jamie Palisades: ah
[10:46] You: no, we are in planning phase still
[10:46] Naftali Torok: i see
[10:46] Rose Springvale: moon
[10:47] You: yes?
[10:47] Arria Perreault: I have only things for CDS and for Monastery
[10:47] Rose Springvale: you have those posters someplace
[10:47] Rose Springvale: that you did for the display last year
[10:47] You: the story of the CDS?
[10:47] You: ah ok
[10:47] Jamie Palisades: as to display, thank you for the clairfication ...
[10:47] You: i can give them to Arria
[10:47] Arria Perreault: ok. But I would be glad to get something ... amazing
[10:47] Jamie Palisades: as to SL5B, may I ask, *who* and *where* is the assmeely of material being done, and by *when*?
[10:47] Arria Perreault: we are in the "sculpty" area
[10:48] Rose Springvale: hmmm
[10:48] You: Arria, i'll look for them and give them to you at the end of this
[10:48] Rose Springvale: want a biergarten? lol
[10:48] Jamie Palisades: I am cruious about whether anyone will look at this when it;s ready to be posted at the Linden location, or if there is a final work session, or what?
[10:48] Jamie Palisades: Few too many prims, Rose :D
[10:48] Rose Springvale: miniature beer garden...
[10:48] You: number of prims is the same lol
[10:48] Arria Perreault: has anybody barrels in sculpties?
[10:49] Rose Springvale: my barrels were prims
[10:49] Jamie Palisades: *sigh*
[10:49] Jamie Palisades: Moon, it would help me if we could stay with this SL5B subuject for a moment.
[10:49] You: don't talk to me about sculties, i have been going crazy trying to do tuscan or doric columns in sculpties
[10:49] You: ok
[10:49] Arria Perreault: we have to show what we are able to do
[10:49] Jamie Palisades: Let me tr a few quetsions
[10:50] Naftali Torok: when is this SL5B?
[10:50] Naftali Torok: are you talking about the august events?
[10:50] Arria Perreault: 23th June
[10:51] Naftali Torok: i see
[10:51] Naftali Torok: thanks
[10:51] Arria Perreault: I have made a reservation for a plot
[10:51] Arria Perreault: I have got it
[10:51] Arria Perreault: I made put sculpties columns of the Monastery (thank you Sleazy)
[10:52] Arria Perreault: what would be great is a new sculpty fountain
[10:52] Jamie Palisades: :) Arria, you have put material in the Monastery, yes? what is the deadline for finalizing it?
[10:52] You: 23rd
[10:52] Rose Springvale: does everything have to be sculpted?
[10:52] Arria Perreault: I guess, the day of the opening
[10:52] Arria Perreault: no
[10:52] Jamie Palisades: and - um - I am sorry but we do not really thikn that CDS is required to talk only about Sculpties, do we?
[10:52] Arria Perreault: no, but we are in this area
[10:53] You: i can try and make you a sculpty barrel, but my recent failings with doric columns make me warn you not to expect mircles
[10:53] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:53] Jamie Palisades: OK. Arria, could we ask for a fixed time when anyone who has material or ideas, must come work with you to finalize the material in situ at the Monastery?
[10:54] Jon Seattle admits that Moon is better than he is at making sculpties
[10:54] Jamie Palisades: I feel we need a deadline and a final chance for input.
[10:54] Arria Perreault: yes, the Chapel is empty now
[10:54] Jamie Palisades: Also, do you want help building the material at the Linden site?
[10:54] Arria Perreault: I will make a snapshot of the plot, because only me and Alex can access
[10:55] Jamie Palisades: Is Alexi available to you to help this week?
[10:55] Arria Perreault: if someone will collaborate, I can ask for a new acces
[10:55] Jamie Palisades: when do you need the help? I am happy to do so if I can know the schedule.
[10:55] Arria Perreault: we will try to talk this week about the website of the CDS
[10:55] Arria Perreault: and the party
[10:55] Arria Perreault: we can add this point
[10:56] Arria Perreault: if someone will collaborate, I am very happy
[10:56] Jamie Palisades: I do not frankly see how you can do both - and facukty - and monastery, buyt ths is yours to balance -- mostly I am worried for THIS week about the fixed calendar date for SL5B.
[10:56] Rose Springvale: i'll be glad to help you Arria, if we can work on it this week.
[10:57] Rose Springvale: the following week i'm running away again. shhh
[10:57] Jamie Palisades: May we have apropsoed date and time for a work session at the Monestary , which also would be our deadline for conrtibution of barrels, or whatever else?
[10:57] Arria Perreault: Faculty: I will start the process of election
[10:57] Arria Perreault: SL5B: we have to work hardly ...
[10:57] Arria Perreault: maybe I have barrels from Sleazy
[10:57] You: i will definetely try to help you with sculpties, but i can't really promise... they're still vaguely mysterious entities to me
[10:58] Arria Perreault: I have tried also to work with Blender
[10:58] Arria Perreault: some plots around are just amazing
[10:58] You: never could make anything out of it
[10:58] Pip Torok: afk
[10:58] You: yes, Arria
[10:58] You: but the thing is
[10:58] You: less is more
[10:58] Arria Perreault: someone has made very realistic animals and a greek temple
[10:58] You: we are not competing with sculpties
[10:59] Arria Perreault: I know
[10:59] Rose Springvale: i'd rather we just hang out sitting on beer barrels and talking politics :)
[10:59] Jon Seattle: Oh, Blender is one of the most difficult programs I have ever used
[10:59] You: we are showing we a the oldest self-governed community in SL
[10:59] Arria Perreault: yes, not very user-friendly
[10:59] You: we are*
[10:59] Rose Springvale: blender is one of the quickest programs i've ever deleted :)
[10:59] Arria Perreault: ;-)
[10:59] Brian Livingston: lol
[10:59] Jamie Palisades: Arria, dear, may we have a date and time for a work session to finalize this? I am sorry to keep asking, but cannot see how the work can be done with input or collaboration if there is ... no .... time ... set.
[10:59] Jon Seattle: lol Rose
[11:00] Arria Perreault: yes, everyday, except thursday, evening
[11:00] You: so i would go for something very simple, with schlagger and beer barrels, yes, but the emphasis is not the sculpty work we know how to do
[11:00] You: but who we are
[11:00] Naftali Torok: i am so rry i cant help out, not enough knowledge yet
[11:00] Rose Springvale: oh naf, you can come sing :)
[11:00] Arria Perreault: np :-)
[11:01] Rose Springvale: play, whatever :)
[11:01] Arria Perreault: maybe you can provide sounds
[11:01] Jamie Palisades smiles mildly and raises his voice a little with regret. "Every Day" is not an invitation you can gigve people.
[11:01] Rose Springvale: what time of day Arria? i keep forgetting what time zone
[11:02] Rose Springvale: brb
[11:02] Arria Perreault: my timezone is Paris
[11:03] Arria Perreault: wednesday I will try to see Alex
[11:03] Rose Springvale: sorry guys, i need to go for a bit... you should see my kitchen... arghhhh
[11:03] Arria Perreault: what about Tuesday? at
[11:03] Jamie Palisades: Well, my trea is col;d now - I;d hoped to go down and fix it :) - but do not plan to walk away from the screen until .. I .. get ... a... time ... and ... date .. or ... a ... refusal, hm?
[11:03] Rose Springvale: smie
[11:03] You: ok guys
[11:03] Rose Springvale: me too.. lets get a date
[11:03] You: order on this discussion here
[11:03] Arria Perreault: tuesday?
[11:04] Rose Springvale: time?
[11:04] Arria Perreault: 2PM?
[11:04] Jamie Palisades: If it's Tuesday, I will be happy to come at any time except 11h00-12h30 SLT when I am committed.
[11:04] Rose Springvale: k, thanks. i'll be there.
[11:04] Arria Perreault: great
[11:04] Arria Perreault: I will announce this date on the forum
[11:05] Jamie Palisades: Great - can we post that? SO that anyone who cares can know that is the time to arrive? I really appreciate your patience with me, Arria. Open organizations require a little ezxtra time to arrange :) but collaboration usually is a good thing
[11:05] Arria Perreault: is it too late for you, Jamie?
[11:05] Rose Springvale: !
[11:05] Jamie Palisades: so 2 pm SLT is fine, thank
[11:05] Rose Springvale: see you later :)
[11:05] Arria Perreault: see you :-)
[11:05] Naftali Torok: seeyou rose
[11:06] You: ok
[11:06] You: so we are all agreed that deadline for collaboration with Arria for SL5B is Tuesday the...
[11:06] You: 17Th?
[11:07] Naftali Torok: brb
[11:07] You: at 2 PM SLT?
[11:07] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:07] You: ok
[11:07] Jamie Palisades: and there will be a meeting at the Monastery at 2 pm SLT to review. yes - THANKS - and I am gratefully going to go AFK to get my tea
[11:07] You: ok lol
[11:07] You: 16. Roman Textures WG
[11:07] Arria Perreault: not many progress
[11:08] Jamie Palisades: afk
[11:08] You: i hvae to say that i have basically extracted all bases i could from my galleries and filter programs
[11:08] You: and i am going now to start blending them and create textures
[11:08] Symo Kurka: where do i find info on this WG?
[11:08] You: darker woodfloor, lighter woodfloor, etc
[11:09] You: Symo, Arria is the Chair of the WG
[11:09] You: she is dealing with fresco and mosaic
[11:09] Jon Seattle: I have been making some tiling textures for stone walls etc for Spinoza that I could share if there is interest
[11:09] You: Jon is dealing with Stone
[11:09] Arria Perreault: I have only material for the interior of the houses
[11:09] You: and i am doing stuff like tiles, stucco, etc
[11:09] You: bricks, rooftiles, some ornaments
[11:10] Symo Kurka: Arria can we get in touch for this please?
[11:10] Arria Perreault: yes, of course
[11:10] Arria Perreault: I will try to orgnaize myself to have more time for the 4th sim
[11:11] You: well, SL5B is your priority now
[11:11] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:12] You: but the discussion on finantials is delaying the buying of the sim, so....
[11:12] Arria Perreault: when can we start to build?
[11:12] You: in any case, Synmmo, if you can help Arria on photo material, that will be great .)
[11:12] You: Arria, we don't know
[11:13] You: finantials are still eing discussed at the RA, only then sim will be bought
[11:13] Symo Kurka: yes ocfcourse but i do not know which will be the final destination of this material
[11:13] Arria Perreault: and what about the bill about sim operated by private citizen?
[11:13] You: the final destination
[11:14] You: is to create non-transfer packs of textures
[11:14] You: to be used by the citizens of locus amoenus
[11:14] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:14] Symo Kurka: for sale? for free?
[11:15] You: that's still to decide
[11:15] Arria Perreault: for oL$
[11:15] Arria Perreault: 0L$
[11:16] Symo Kurka: could'nt it be used to fund the Guild??
[11:16] You: good idea Symo
[11:17] Symo Kurka: we can set a political low price, beeing a "captive" market
[11:17] Symo Kurka: and rez a textures vendor in Locus Amoenus
[11:17] You: well, it won't stop people from other sims to come and pick them too
[11:17] You: unless we make a vendor for group-only
[11:18] Jamie Palisades: why would we need to limit the availability?
[11:18] You: all, in all, it's a good way for the Guild to raise some money
[11:18] Jon Seattle: I have to run.. very nice to see everyone
[11:18] Jamie Palisades: ta JOn
[11:18] Moon Adamant hugs Jon
[11:18] Arria Perreault: bye bye Jon
[11:18] Symo Kurka: ciao Jon
[11:18] Brian Livingston waves to Jon
[11:18] You: well, namely because textures are stored in the sim they are uploaded at
[11:19] Jamie Palisades smiles at Jon and sort of waves but does not hug him
[11:19] Pip Torok: cheers Jon
[11:19] You: so if you spread the textures all over SL... soon you have lag
[11:19] Brian Livingston: Hmm, I never knew that.
[11:19] You: the trick is to go to a water sim, and upload the textures there
[11:19] Jamie Palisades: Moon, if you have one copy of a texture for the sim this is great - but that does not change LA's situation, if the texture also exists in OTHER sims, right?
[11:19] Jamie Palisades: oo - my question was answered
[11:20] You: it can create lag in the sim
[11:20] Jamie Palisades: WOW
[11:20] Symo Kurka: ??
[11:20] Jamie Palisades: had no idea :)
[11:20] Symo Kurka: neither did i
[11:20] You: because of funnel effect
[11:20] Brian Livingston: So... if you were to uplaod textures on an island sim and that sim gets taken back by L Land deactivated, the textures are no longer available?
[11:20] You: asset server is always requiring from your machine texture X
[11:20] You: i don't know how they manage that
[11:21] Jamie Palisades: so every render of MoonPicture1 in SL makes a current call to the sim where MoonPicture 1 was uploaded? YIKES do I hear that correctly?
[11:21] You: but this trick of uploading textures in the water sims is an old one
[11:21] You: yup
[11:21] Jamie Palisades 's eyes cross slowly
[11:21] Jamie Palisades: wooooooo
[11:21] You: thta's why freebie textures LAG the sims
[11:22] You: because they're all being requested from Io, or Magenta, or those old sims where they were created
[11:22] You: also a reason why Io and Magenta are so laggy
[11:22] Arria Perreault: my question about the bill "new sims by private citizen" got no answer ...
[11:22] You: ideally
[11:22] Arria Perreault: has someone information?
[11:23] You: Arria, we have no info
[11:23] Jamie Palisades: arria, the Private Development Plan bill was adopted
[11:23] Arria Perreault: great
[11:23] Arria Perreault: excellent new
[11:23] You: and in this case, it doesn't apply either, because this is a Guild-Dev sim
[11:23] Jamie Palisades: but it was Beathan's project and he has been absent much so there has been little prgress
[11:23] Jamie Palisades: to implement
[11:23] Arria Perreault: several people have projects
[11:24] Jamie Palisades: I hope so :)
[11:24] Arria Perreault: how can we go further?
[11:24] Arria Perreault: I know at leat 3
[11:24] Symo Kurka: yes this is a good question Arria
[11:24] You: Arria, as jamie can explain better than me
[11:24] Arria Perreault: and I push for a 4th
[11:24] Jamie Palisades: I suggest that I come to the Guild to discuss that at a future bmeeting, and invite Beathan :)
[11:24] You: you have the legislation
[11:24] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:24] You: but you don't have the contracts yet
[11:24] You: template contracts
[11:25] You: those need to be done before you can build a private sim
[11:25] Jamie Palisades: oh ye of little faith (airkiss)
[11:25] You: Jamie, any time
[11:25] Symo Kurka: Arria submitted a proposal for GMP land reservation
[11:25] Jamie Palisades: let's schedule a Guild meeting to discuss
[11:25] Symo Kurka: yes we should
[11:25] Arria Perreault: yes :-)
[11:25] You: tell me when you both can, and i'll put in the agenda
[11:25] Arria Perreault: Am I the only one, Symo?
[11:26] You: or i can make a special meeting just for that, as you prefer
[11:26] Symo Kurka: no there was a draft proposal from Bjerkel too, on NFS expansion
[11:26] Symo Kurka: but not formalized yet
[11:26] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:26] Jamie Palisades: my preference woudl be this:
[11:26] Jamie Palisades: first have meeting, open to all, to disvcuss *procedure*
[11:26] Symo Kurka: yes
[11:26] Symo Kurka: absolutely agree
[11:27] You: ok
[11:27] Jamie Palisades: then, separate, Guild discussion of specific *ploposals* if needed
[11:27] You: then let's do this
[11:27] You: a special meeting just for that
[11:27] You: because you see the lenght of our agendas here
[11:28] You: do you prefer later on a sunday or on a weekday evening?
[11:28] Symo Kurka: can we call it next sunday one hour b4 guild?
[11:28] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:28] Symo Kurka: Jamie?
[11:30] Jamie Palisades: OK :)
[11:30] Symo Kurka: Moon?
[11:30] Jamie Palisades: that is ... 9 am SLT?
[11:30] You: ok for me
[11:30] You: 8 AM SLT
[11:30] Arria Perreault: ok for me
[11:30] Symo Kurka: yes next sunday 9 AM SLT
[11:30] Symo Kurka: ops
[11:30] You: Arria, can you please send the notice for it?
[11:30] You: no, 8 AM SLT
[11:30] Symo Kurka: is 8 am ok ppl??
[11:30] Arria Perreault: now
[11:30] Arria Perreault: ?
[11:31] Symo Kurka: 8 AM slt next sunday
[11:31] Jamie Palisades: OK ;0
[11:31] You: no, closer to the date
[11:31] You: or people will forget about it
[11:31] You: say, saturday
[11:31] Jamie Palisades: LOTS of tea for me next Sunday morning then
[11:31] Symo Kurka: :)
[11:31] You: Jamie, can i ask you to please mail Beathan and ask him to be present if he can?
[11:32] Jamie Palisades: and Symo I will make a generall anonucement that we are going to chat about how That Stuff SHould work at that time and place --
[11:32] You: ok, all agreed then
[11:32] Jamie Palisades: -- in some places where theobvious parties will see it -- and yes, I will see if I can drag a few of the obvious parties like BV there :)
[11:32] You: can i pass to point 17?
[11:33] You: and after , i will have to place a point that should have been here, but which i may have deleted by mistake
[11:33] You: 17.Governmental Spaces Re-organization WG.
[11:33] You: Brian chairs this group
[11:33] You: btw, Brian, i added the bierhaus info you requested
[11:33] Brian Livingston: I saw that, thank you :)
[11:34] Jamie Palisades: hm - is there a bloggy-webbie-place for that too?
[11:34] You: no
[11:34] Brian Livingston: Well, we're getting closer to a point where we can release a draft copy of the Survey government spaces and hold public meetings
[11:34] You: there is a G-doc where we are assembling data
[11:34] Jamie Palisades: ok :)
[11:34] Brian Livingston: I've sent out a survey to the heads of each branch of government to get their input on the needs of their respective branches in terms of amount and layout of space
[11:35] You: heard that Jamie? ;)
[11:35] Jamie Palisades: ha ha :) I have it yes
[11:35] Brian Livingston: And am just awaiting a couple responses *nudge nudge nudge*
[11:35] Brian Livingston: Hehe
[11:35] Jamie Palisades: I promised to fill it out as soon as Brian paid Rose for the auction - so now I must!
[11:35] You: yes, now you must :)
[11:35] Brian Livingston: My goal is to have the draft in the NG's hands in two weeks and to hold some public onsultations that week
[11:36] Brian Livingston: And *fingers crossed* release the completed report a week or two after that.
[11:36] Brian Livingston: In short, we're getting there :p
[11:36] You: yes, we are .)
[11:37] Jamie Palisades: yay
[11:37] You: ok last point
[11:37] You: General regulations draft for new sim buildings
[11:37] You: which is chaired by Symo
[11:37] You: who has been doing stupendous videos to teach people how to build
[11:38] You: Symo, you have teh table
[11:38] Jamie Palisades: oooooooooo
[11:38] Symo Kurka: Oh i just announce i startyed workin on it witha few volunteers
[11:38] Jamie Palisades: vidoes ?
[11:38] Symo Kurka: yes
[11:38] Arria Perreault: great
[11:38] You: leter on
[11:39] Symo Kurka: i got two samples temporarily loaded on youtube
[11:39] Arria Perreault: can you also show us how to make good videos in SL?
[11:39] You: these videos will be in permanet exhibit at the ground floor of this school
[11:39] You: and myabe in the NG blog as welll ;)
[11:39] Naftali Torok: didyou found out how youtube works on groupground symo?
[11:39] Symo Kurka: use, ee can provide links to the official basic building vidoes of Torley
[11:39] Symo Kurka: and add our owns
[11:40] You: ok, good idea
[11:40] Symo Kurka: i worked today on the third video
[11:40] You: Torley's videos are good
[11:40] Symo Kurka: with Satir DeCuir's help
[11:40] Arria Perreault: we can also put video in Flickr, I think
[11:40] Symo Kurka: yes Moon tthey are good for basic info
[11:41] You: yes, but our videos are more detailed
[11:41] Symo Kurka: we like to add something more don't we?
[11:41] Arria Perreault: we have a group in Flickr
[11:41] Jamie Palisades: excellent - symo, any reason tonot leave them on youtube? and can we look at them for the moment?
[11:41] Symo Kurka: wait
[11:41] Arria Perreault: Swiss-Portugal starts in some minutes ...
[11:41] Jamie Palisades: hahahaha
[11:41] Symo Kurka: http://www.youtube.com/user/symokurka
[11:41] You: they have more to do with quality in construction than with just assembling prims
[11:41] Jamie Palisades: GO RED :P Moon
[11:42] You: which red? :P
[11:42] Jamie Palisades: sorry, I spent too much time in CH, I am too biased
[11:42] Symo Kurka: Swiss Portugal''' oh mg
[11:42] Jamie Palisades: today I think CH plays in red
[11:42] Arria Perreault: just for the honour: Switzeland is out and Portugal will continue
[11:42] You: as we area already in the quarterfinals... :)
[11:42] Jamie Palisades: all the more reason to kick ... Lisbon ... bootie
[11:43] Naftali Torok: LOL I DONT say anything about holland....grins
[11:43] You: and thankfully sonmeone got rid of the greeks and their "Eleven inside the Goal" strategy :)
[11:43] Naftali Torok: ohhhhh
[11:43] Naftali Torok: lol
[11:43] Symo Kurka: Naf
[11:43] Symo Kurka: please
[11:43] Jamie Palisades giggles inappropriately
[11:43] You: i may turn in the radio very low to hear the game
[11:44] Naftali Torok: yes symo
[11:44] Symo Kurka: look at the videos and tell me if you can play that music for us
[11:44] Naftali Torok: k
[11:44] You: i like to work with the sound of football comments, low enough you don't really get the words
[11:44] Symo Kurka: and give us the rights
[11:44] Arria Perreault: I have to go
[11:44] Naftali Torok: i can hear music behind your video yes, hurdy gurdy
[11:44] Arria Perreault: The meeting of tuesday is on the forum...
[11:45] You: Arria, thanks :)
[11:45] Arria Perreault: bye bye
[11:45] You: i'll try to do the barrels for you
[11:45] Brian Livingston: Ok folks, I am going to quikcly check out the area formally known as altenstadt and then finish cleaning. Woo, fun Sunday :p
[11:45] Brian Livingston: Nice seeing you all :)
[11:45] You: bye Brian, thanks for showing by :)
[11:45] Symo Kurka: Ciao Brian
[11:46] Symo Kurka: and just to finish, Moon
[11:46] You: yes?
[11:46] Symo Kurka: the third movie is on light effects..
[11:46] Naftali Torok: bye brian
[11:46] Jamie Palisades: See ya Bri
[11:46] Naftali Torok: it looks great symo
[11:46] Symo Kurka: and ...
[11:47] Symo Kurka: i accept suggestions on defining a list of movies
[11:47] You: well, i would like to have a video about the scaling of textures
[11:47] Naftali Torok: ahah now i understand what you mean symo, yes i can play that meldoy for you np
[11:48] Symo Kurka: yes that is half done, can you help participating Moon?
[11:48] Symo Kurka: or showing examples
[11:48] You: of course Symo
[11:48] Symo Kurka: bad examples, good examples..
[11:48] You: i'll try to think on necessary videos and mail you, ok?
[11:49] Symo Kurka: ok great
[11:49] You: :)
[11:49] You: ok, any other business?
[11:49] Symo Kurka: nope...
[11:49] You: i'll take silence as no...
[11:49] You: can i move to adjourn then?
[11:50] Symo Kurka: yep for me
[11:50] You: everyone?
[11:50] Pip Torok: yes
[11:50] You: Nf, Pip, Jamie... can we adjourn?
[11:50] Symo Kurka: go for lunch.....
[11:50] You: ok, we are adjourned
[11:50] You: thanks all
[11:50] You: this was a very long but productive meeting :)
[11:51] Jamie Palisades: ha ha yes - and thanks - and best of luck all
[11:51] You: i'll stop recording now, afk for a minute :)
The wise man occupies himself with the unspoken and acts without effort.
Teaching without verbosity, producing without possessing, creating without regard to result, claiming nothing...

- Laozi, Tao Te Ching
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”