Appeal for write-reinstatement to the Forums, Pip Torok

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Appeal for write-reinstatement to the Forums, Pip Torok

Post by Lilith Ivory »

The following appeal was received from Pip Torok and will also be posted in SC Discussions, where all SC members are invited to discuss.

02.27 PDT 22 Oct 2014

Dear Ms Dean,

APPEAL.
---------

Since 7th August, the SC has seen fit to prevent my write-access to the CDS Forums, until they see, on my part, an undertaking of good behaviour.

The behaviour alluded to amounts, as i see it, to how inflammatory my posts would appear to the citizens who read it, and, in particular, to any to whom the post are perceived to be directed.

In the interval, I have considered, long and hard, about the differences between what I would term legitimate criticism, and what is perceived to be gratuitous insult directed at the person. I feel ready to request that the SC consider granting my re-entry to posting on the Forums.

I realise of course that such judgment of these differences will and must remain subjective, and so would welcome feedback and/or critique from yourselves.

If it happens that this, my appeal, fails, I request (if that is possible) the chance of having certain avatars marked as "FOES" on my behalf, and, also, that the conditions of writing to the Forums be emailed to me, since otherwise I have no means of reading them.

Yours Sincerely,

Pip Torok

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”