Transcript, SC meeting Saturday July 27

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Lilith Ivory
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Transcript, SC meeting Saturday July 27

Post by Lilith Ivory »

(The names of the Treasurer Avatars have been omitted for security reasons - as have some hi's and bye's)

[09:07] Lilith Ivory: I call this meeting to order now
[09:07] Lilith Ivory: do you all have the agenda which is in the box behind me?
[09:08] Lilith Ivory: and do you aprove it?
[09:08] Soro Dagostino: Move approval
[09:09] Callipygian Christensen: I approve
[09:09] Lilith Ivory: thank you :)

[09:10] Lilith Ivory: our first and most important agenda item today is Sudanes Report about procedures in case something happens that keeps the CDS treasurer away from acting

[09:10] Callipygian Christensen raises her hand
[09:11] Lilith Ivory: yes Calli?

[09:12] Callipygian Christensen: Could I ask, before we begin that, why we. the SC, are doing so? This does not, I think, fall within our mandate so I am not sure what exactly the SC is meant to accomplish in this?

[09:13] Lilith Ivory: as far as I remember you and me have discussed in the past that the SC needs to be informed about ways to act in case our treasurer wents missing unexpectedly
[09:13] Lilith Ivory: so I do think it is our duty to be informed and able to handle the procedures itself while of course the treasurer act itself is more RA business
[09:14] Callipygian Christensen: Yes, informed - but I don't believe it is for us to decide the how and when, but to enforce it or give permission to trigger it if needed?
[09:14] Callipygian Christensen: So if we are identifying what the other arms need to do, I think tha'ts a good thing, but it cant be our decision
[09:15] Lilith Ivory: if I remember correctly we have once talked about a thingy Timo scripted in this case but I have no detailed info about this item
[09:15] Lilith Ivory: and I do think we should know
[09:16] Lilith Ivory: I agree it´s not the SC who should decide but I think we need to know what to do - procedures that might be in place - or that there are none so far

[09:17] Callipygian Christensen: ok, as long as it's clear to everyone we are not creating laws or usurping others' responsibilities :)

[09:17] Soro Dagostino: Raises Hand.
[09:17] Lilith Ivory: of course
[09:17] Lilith Ivory: yes Soro?
[09:19] Soro Dagostino: It seems to me, this body haqs the logest span of active members. We hold history.
[09:20] Soro Dagostino: So we should be informed.
[09:21] Lilith Ivory: I think someone will have to act as in pressing a button and somehow I guess that might be us :)
[09:22] Lilith Ivory: do we all agree it is necessary for the SC to be informed about procedures kicking in in case of an emargency? (while it is not our job do create laws about it)
[09:23] Callipygian Christensen: yep
[09:23] Lilith Ivory: I agree too :)
[09:24] Soro Dagostino whispers: Agreed.
[09:24] Soro Dagostino: Agreed
[09:24] Lilith Ivory smiles

[09:25] Lilith Ivory: Sudane if I remember correctly there has been an item developed in the past that is needed for a case like this - and are there other security lines in place?

[09:25] Sudane Erato: OK..
[09:25] Sudane Erato: first let me say that i think this issue is before the sc
[09:26] Sudane Erato: because the ra attempted to better define an antique law
[09:26] Sudane Erato: about the reserves
[09:26] Sudane Erato: which intended to protect the community in my absence
[09:26] Sudane Erato: the law was disfunctional
[09:27] Sudane Erato: and i noted that... so some folks including Lil realized that we should probably understand better what the issues really are
[09:27] Sudane Erato: thus... a new attention to this serious issue

[09:27] Sudane Erato: now
[09:28] Sudane Erato: you ask about a box that Timo made
[09:28] Sudane Erato: the purpose was
[09:28] Sudane Erato: to hold the login info for AVATAR1
[09:28] Sudane Erato: so that should i become absent
[09:28] Sudane Erato: a procedure might be established to access that account
[09:29] Sudane Erato: and take what steps are needed to carry on
[09:29] Sudane Erato: well
[09:29] Sudane Erato: the box was never fully tested
[09:29] Sudane Erato: and Timo forgot completely that he had made it
[09:29] Sudane Erato: and... more important
[09:30] Sudane Erato: there was no procedure ever developed around the use of that box

[09:30] Sudane Erato: now... there is in fact an EO law
[09:30] Sudane Erato: and a Treasurer law
[09:30] Sudane Erato: but, please forgive me
[09:30] Sudane Erato: i'm not quite sure what they say
[09:30] Sudane Erato: and if in fact they fully cover these concerns
[09:31] Sudane Erato: earlier this AM i sent some notes to the SC members
[09:31] Sudane Erato: I wonder if you'd any time to look at them and if anyone else has seen them?
[09:31] Sudane Erato: done for the moment :)
[09:32] Lilith Ivory: (those infos are in the agenda box too and I also passed them to the chancellor and the RA members)

[09:32] Soro Dagostino: Raises Hand
[09:32] Lilith Ivory: Soro?
[09:32] Soro Dagostino: Is that Notecard in the box?
[09:32] Callipygian Christensen raises her hand
[09:32] Lilith Ivory: yes Soro
[09:33] Lilith Ivory: and has also been sent to you in email
[09:33] Lilith Ivory: Calli after Soro is done :)
[09:33] Soro Dagostino: 20:46:53 Note Card?
[09:34] Lilith Ivory: Info EO/Treasurer Sudane (sorrry for not naming it more clearly)
[09:34] Soro Dagostino: Cool. Didn't want to miss your report.
[09:34] Sudane Erato: its just a lot of techie information
[09:35] Sudane Erato: a LOT

[09:35] Callipygian Christensen: Thanks Lilith. Currently the law says, re: Treasurer, :The Treasurer must disclose their RL contact information in confidence to another Citizen of their own chosing in case the untoward should happen to the Treasurer. In this eventuality, access to the Treasurer’ alt account and access to the Paypal account would be necessary. -and it was always my understanding that Gwyn had this info (also a bit problematic as she can be hard to reach) and the Timo box was an attempt to meet this laws requirements in a structured way

[09:35] Sudane Erato: but kind of important for this discussion
[09:35] Callipygian Christensen: done
[09:36] Lilith Ivory: thank you Calli
[09:36] Lilith Ivory: I have to admit I was reading those laws back and forward a lot lately but this important part escaped my attention :)

[09:36] Sudane Erato: well
[09:36] Sudane Erato: let me say here
[09:37] Sudane Erato: that having rl contact info, if i was actually dead (sorry)
[09:37] Sudane Erato: would not be useful
[09:37] Sudane Erato: since that would not provide access to AVATAR1 or AVATAR2
[09:38] Callipygian Christensen: *nodding* thus the Timo box
[09:38] Lilith Ivory: I certainly hope this will not happen in a very long time but yes
[09:38] Sudane Erato: but... yes, Gwyn and Moon have it
[09:38] Sudane Erato: exactly Calli
[09:38] Sudane Erato: Lil... it could happen to any of us tomorrow
[09:38] Lilith Ivory: yes I know :(

[09:39] Lilith Ivory: I have read several times - somewhere - that it is possible to bequest an Avatar to another RL person
[09:40] Lilith Ivory: does any of you have investigated this already?
[09:40] Lilith Ivory: to my knowing LL has set up procedures for this
[09:40] Sudane Erato: I have investigated this as best I can, and there is a URL in the notes
[09:40] Emilia (emilia.avindar): raises hand
[09:40] Sudane Erato: is is totally undesireable!
[09:41] Sudane Erato: as LL will send it into the US courts
[09:41] Lilith Ivory: gez
[09:41] Emilia (emilia.avindar) nods

[09:41] Sudane Erato: in the notes... I make suggestions
[09:41] Sudane Erato: should i go on with some of the issues?
[09:41] Lilith Ivory nods
[09:42] Lilith Ivory: what made me think following LL procedures with bequesting would make things more easy and cheap lol
[09:42] Sudane Erato: hehe

[09:42] Lilith Ivory: Emilia did you want to say something?
[09:43] Emilia (emilia.avindar): not really; just to underscore that LL Estate Services will allow you to bequeath certain contents; it must be stated in your will, legally.

[09:43] Sudane Erato: yes, thats my understanding as well
[09:43] Lilith Ivory: yes that´s what I meant
[09:43] Sudane Erato: i can't afford to change my will to add that
[09:44] Lilith Ivory: I understand :)
[09:44] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held) fidgets in my seat
[09:45] Cathy Sabre: Raises hand
[09:45] Lilith Ivory: Cathy?
[09:45] Lilith Ivory: (you do have more to tell us after those questions Sudane, right?)
[09:45] Cathy Sabre: Sorry, but natural disasters or other calamities could trigger this situatioin
[09:45] Sudane Erato: sure
[09:46] Cathy Sabre: done
[09:46] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held) raises my hand
[09:46] Lilith Ivory: Han?
[09:46] Lilith Ivory: before I ask Sudane to continue :)
[09:46] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): Oh, let her continue; I'll ask later or on the forum
[09:46] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): Sorry
[09:46] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): done
[09:47] Lilith Ivory: no problem as this is a very iportant and somehow emotional topic I think

[09:47] Lilith Ivory: Sudane, please go on
[09:47] Sudane Erato: ok
[09:47] Sudane Erato: and please may i urge everyone again to read the notes... there are lots of them
[09:47] Sudane Erato: but
[09:47] Sudane Erato: i think there are 2 key issues

[09:48] Sudane Erato: one.... that we keep enough money in AVATAR1's (the EO) US$ account to pay the tier to LL for a sufficient time, if I disappear, for the community to make whatever changes it needs to in my absence
[09:49] Sudane Erato: we now keep 2 months money in there
[09:49] Sudane Erato: about $2000
[09:49] Sudane Erato: that means
[09:49] Sudane Erato: that if i disappear at the end of some month
[09:49] Sudane Erato: there will only be one month left
[09:49] Sudane Erato: for the community to get into that account
[09:50] Sudane Erato: and replenish the US$ funds
[09:50] Sudane Erato: thats critical
[09:50] Sudane Erato: the timing was set by that difunct law that I mentioned at the top
[09:51] Sudane Erato: and I reinterpreted it to do things that way
[09:51] Sudane Erato: but
[09:51] Sudane Erato: in fact, i think it should be lengthened
[09:51] Sudane Erato: to 4 months or 6 months
[09:51] Sudane Erato: I can probably do that without a law
[09:51] Sudane Erato: but
[09:51] Sudane Erato: it might be something the communty decides to mandate

[09:51] Lilith Ivory: perhaps plus the fee that is needed to switch an Avatar to another RL person
[09:52] Sudane Erato: well, Lil... to do that
[09:52] Lilith Ivory: or transfering EO
[09:52] Soro Dagostino: Raises Hand.

[09:52] Sudane Erato: the community would need to get access to the account anyway
[09:52] Sudane Erato: you do NOT want to plan on using the LL court system
[09:53] Lilith Ivory: YES!
[09:53] Sudane Erato: so... thats my first suggestion

[09:53] Sudane Erato: next
[09:53] Sudane Erato: oh... sorry
[09:53] Sudane Erato: Soro wanted to speak
[09:53] Lilith Ivory: Soro?
[09:54] Soro Dagostino: Sudane, does that mean a $20,000 reserve?
[09:54] Sudane Erato: that would be 20 months
[09:54] Soro Dagostino: Instead of $2000
[09:54] Sudane Erato: the total sum in the accounts is now about US$10,000
[09:54] Soro Dagostino: Oh?
[09:55] Sudane Erato: and tier is about $1000/month
[09:55] Sudane Erato: but all that money is in L$s
[09:55] Soro Dagostino: K, thought it was $2000
[09:55] Sudane Erato: EXCEPT for the $2000 in US$s
[09:56] Sudane Erato: its all stated each month on the Balance Sheet
[09:56] Sudane Erato: I could go thru that in a forum post... or other explanation
[09:56] Soro Dagostino: Thanks, I'll read that

[09:56] Sudane Erato: anyway... thats an issue
[09:57] Sudane Erato: the downside is only that it cost 3.5% to convert L$s to US$s
[09:57] Sudane Erato: so a $4000 to $6000 conversion will be a big one time charge
[09:57] Sudane Erato: but then, that money sits in AVATAR1s US$ account
[09:58] Sudane Erato: and tier is paid automatically for 4 or 6 months to LL

[09:58] Sudane Erato: so next issue
[09:58] Sudane Erato: once i disappear... what does the community do?
[09:59] Sudane Erato: there are 3 roles I serve, which I outline in the notes
[09:59] Sudane Erato: EO
[09:59] Sudane Erato: Treasurer Bank
[09:59] Sudane Erato: and Traesurer Scribe
[09:59] Sudane Erato: The do NOT need to be the same person
[10:00] Sudane Erato: they just happen to be
[10:00] Sudane Erato: The EO is utterly critical to our existence
[10:00] Sudane Erato: of course
[10:00] Sudane Erato: and if I disappear... it will be critical for the community to get access to AVATAR1
[10:01] Sudane Erato: and transfer the ownership to another person's alt
[10:01] Sudane Erato: I do NOT think that you should keep AVATAR1
[10:01] Sudane Erato: because
[10:01] Sudane Erato: well... it is against LL TOS
[10:01] Sudane Erato: and with Archie and others, we are violating TOS
[10:02] Sudane Erato: so long as there is little money involved
[10:02] Sudane Erato: i doubt LL will care
[10:02] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): (that could be debated, since LL themselves use group accoutns eg GOvenor Linden)
[10:02] Sudane Erato: but AVATAR1 handles lots of money
[10:02] Sudane Erato: LL owns the company
[10:02] Sudane Erato: they do what they want
[10:02] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[10:02] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): true
[10:02] Sudane Erato: we are victim/customers
[10:03] Sudane Erato: so I think the ownership should be transfered
[10:03] Sudane Erato: the fees will be US$3000
[10:03] Sudane Erato: very expensive
[10:03] Rosie Gray sighs
[10:03] Lilith Ivory: so I think we also need to make sure the person who takes over has the money
[10:03] Sudane Erato: but you will need to do it by entering AVATAR1's account and selling to another account
[10:04] Soro Dagostino: Why so much?
[10:04] Sudane Erato: well
[10:04] Sudane Erato: transferring the money is easy
[10:04] Sudane Erato: in addition, AVATAR2 holds most of the money
[10:04] Sudane Erato: we perhaps should eliminate her
[10:04] Tanoujin Milestone: yes
[10:05] Sudane Erato: she was set up as a reserve account to hold money not likely to be immediately used
[10:05] Sudane Erato: as my attempt at complying with that difunct law
[10:05] Sudane Erato: but i don't think that is really useful
[10:05] Sudane Erato: and may be too complex
[10:06] Sudane Erato: anyway... to get into AVATAR1's account
[10:06] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand

[10:06] Sudane Erato: i'm not sure Timo's box is needed
[10:06] Sudane Erato: maybe a simpler procedure
[10:06] Sudane Erato: where certain designated citizens
[10:06] Sudane Erato: are tasked with whatever process checks on my existence
[10:07] Sudane Erato: and they agree to open a box with the info only if i don't appear
[10:07] Sudane Erato: for me... i could trust that
[10:07] Sudane Erato: and i'll pause to let Tan ask
[10:07] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[10:07] Lilith Ivory: thank you Sudane
[10:07] Lilith Ivory: Tan?

[10:08] Tanoujin Milestone: I wonder if things would become a bit simpler, if we do not use an US$ account of an Avatar, but the CC or Paypal of a reakl person?
[10:08] Tanoujin Milestone: to pay that LL Tier
[10:08] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[10:08] Sudane Erato: well
[10:09] Rosie Gray: interesting idea
[10:09] Sudane Erato: i can think of many complications
[10:09] Sudane Erato: first, the new Process Credit costs
[10:09] Lilith Ivory: in my understanding it is even more illegal to access the paypal account of another person
[10:09] Sudane Erato: we need do no Process Credit now
[10:09] Sudane Erato: and that would then be needed to get $$ out of SL
[10:10] Tanoujin Milestone: hmmmm, yes
[10:10] Sudane Erato: also, of course, that person's RL identity would be needed
[10:10] Tanoujin Milestone: sigh, yes
[10:10] Sudane Erato: so there might be pros and cons
[10:10] Sudane Erato: i will say
[10:10] Sudane Erato: my philosophy
[10:11] Sudane Erato: is that we are a virtual community
[10:11] Sudane Erato: entirely in SL
[10:11] Sudane Erato: so tot he extent possible
[10:11] Sudane Erato: my feeling is to keep everything we can INSIDE SL
[10:11] Tanoujin Milestone nods
[10:11] Sudane Erato: but thats a personal thing
[10:12] kayly iali (kayly.iali) nods
[10:12] Sudane Erato: anyway
[10:12] Sudane Erato: should i continue?
[10:12] Lilith Ivory: yes please Sudane
[10:12] Soro Dagostino: Agrreed
[10:12] Sudane Erato: ok

[10:12] Sudane Erato: a lot more could be said about the EO
[10:12] Sudane Erato: probably the key other thing
[10:13] Sudane Erato: is that, in generating a US$ account transaction
[10:13] Sudane Erato: LL creates US$ statements each month
[10:13] Sudane Erato: and the RL identity of the owner is shown
[10:14] Sudane Erato: (I include that in the monthly report, but white out my RL name)
[10:14] Sudane Erato: however
[10:14] Sudane Erato: now
[10:14] Sudane Erato: the Treasurer Bank
[10:14] Sudane Erato: if its a different avie
[10:14] Sudane Erato: could exist with no US$s
[10:14] Sudane Erato: and therefore, to the best I can tell
[10:15] Sudane Erato: no info in the account about the RL owner
[10:15] Sudane Erato: I've tested this with CDS Historia
[10:15] Sudane Erato: and I cannot find the RL creator of the account
[10:15] Sudane Erato: so... i'm a bit uncertain about this

[10:16] Sudane Erato: however, the key thing about the Treasurer Bank
[10:16] Sudane Erato: is that they MUST own the Casper boxes
[10:16] Sudane Erato: so... if I disappear
[10:16] Sudane Erato: you need access to AVATAR1 in order to control those
[10:16] Sudane Erato: the complication is
[10:17] Sudane Erato: that if the Treasurer Bank were someone else
[10:17] Sudane Erato: say... Archie
[10:17] Sudane Erato: they might not need to be trasnsfered
[10:17] Sudane Erato: because another person might simply log in to manage when needed
[10:17] Sudane Erato: just like Archie
[10:18] Sudane Erato: but we can't do that... cause the Casper owner is AVATAR1
[10:18] Sudane Erato: I've decided to contact Casper
[10:18] Sudane Erato: and see if he has some system
[10:18] Sudane Erato: by which we might transfer ownership of an entire Casper system
[10:18] Sudane Erato: to a new avie
[10:19] Sudane Erato: and i would then urge the community
[10:19] Sudane Erato: to think about exactly how the Treasurer Bank might be better set up

[10:19] Sudane Erato: ok
[10:19] Sudane Erato: finally
[10:19] Sudane Erato: the Treasurer Scribe
[10:19] Sudane Erato: simply does the monthly reports
[10:20] Sudane Erato: they do NOT need to be either of the other 2
[10:20] Sudane Erato: they could simply be a bookkeeper person in the community
[10:20] Sudane Erato: who gets the records each month
[10:20] Sudane Erato: and makes the report
[10:20] Sudane Erato: again... more details in my notes
[10:21] Sudane Erato: whew
[10:21] Sudane Erato: I've said enough!!

[10:21] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:21] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:21] Cathy Sabre: applauds.
[10:21] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:21] Sudane Erato: ty :)
[10:21] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you
[10:21] Soro Dagostino: YAY!!!
[10:21] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): yes, thank you very much :)
[10:21] Lilith Ivory: thank you so much Sudane :)
[10:21] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:21] Lilith Ivory: I think we know a lot better now where we are standing exactly
[10:21] Soro Dagostino: WOOOOOT!!!!
[10:22] Sudane Erato: lol :)
[10:22] Lilith Ivory: any more questions for our treasurer?
[10:22] Rosie Gray: that is a lot of information already
[10:22] Tanoujin Milestone: have to sleep on it ;)
[10:22] Soro Dagostino: Raises Hand.
[10:22] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:22] Lilith Ivory: Soro?
[10:23] Callipygian Christensen raises her hand too
[10:23] Lilith Ivory: Calli after Soro is done
[10:23] Soro Dagostino: Sudane, what "group" should work with you to make the required changes to be considered by the RA?
[10:24] Sudane Erato: omg... you all know that better than me
[10:24] Sudane Erato: whatever is appropriate
[10:24] Rosie Gray: the RA itself, I should think
[10:25] Lilith Ivory: are you done Soro?
[10:25] Soro Dagostino: Done.
[10:26] Lilith Ivory: Calli?

[10:26] Callipygian Christensen: thanks. Ok, a few things
[10:26] Callipygian Christensen: Using the term 'defunct' isnt quite accurate, out-of-date certainly, but still on the books as laws so should be followed or amended.
[10:26] Sudane Erato: sorry :(
[10:27] Sudane Erato: i really meant non-functional
[10:27] Sudane Erato: (doesn't work as intended)

[10:28] Callipygian Christensen: Sudane has mentioned that the EO and Treaurse could be different people, and the current laws make it clear that the founders thought that quite likely. The EO is appointed by the SC, the Treasurer by the Chancellor..so very possible , in the event of Sudane stepping down or disappearing, that 2 people would be in those roles and any amendments should consider that in the development of wording

[10:30] Callipygian Christensen: on one of LL's knowledge base pages it says that 'You will not sell, transfer (blahblah) your account without the previous written permission of LL. I assume that was never considered because LL was not trusted to honour its own written permission? At this point, ging therough the ToS as posted, I cant even find the referenced statemet or another version of it - perhaps that is something to check on
[10:31] Callipygian Christensen: Maybe LL has rethought the degree of 'thou shalt not' but not made it overly public
[10:31] Sudane Erato: This may be another good topic to research

[10:32] Callipygian Christensen: Finally for now, whatever the RA comes up with , whatever process goes into place, it's important to give the clear rules of what triggers it all and who makes that decision.
[10:32] Callipygian Christensen: done I think

[10:32] Sudane Erato: Agreed... that must be determined... and how it will be administered
[10:33] Lilith Ivory: thank you Calli , I highly appreciate your input on this
[10:33] Sudane Erato: i mean... someone could simply be tasked with sending me an email each month
[10:33] Sudane Erato: and i answer
[10:33] Sudane Erato: could be simple
[10:34] Lilith Ivory giggles, don´t we do that anyway?
[10:34] Sudane Erato: lol yes
[10:34] Sudane Erato: but
[10:34] Sudane Erato: not for this purpose

[10:34] Callipygian Christensen: there are also e-mail systems that require 'you' whomever wants something sent post mortem, to send anemail each month - if you dont it triggers the send of email or mails youhave on fiel -
[10:34] Sudane Erato: what do they call it on trains.... deadman's throttle?
[10:35] Sudane Erato: Calli, yes... i think those are paid systems
[10:35] Callipygian Christensen nods

[10:36] Lilith Ivory: back in 2008 I got hold on an inworld system that gets triggered when an Avie does not log in for a few days - not sure if I still have it and if it works at all
[10:36] Sudane Erato: well... mechanisms can be discussed

[10:36] Emilia (emilia.avindar) raises hand
[10:37] Lilith Ivory: Emilia?
[10:37] Emilia (emilia.avindar): i'm thinking that as Cathy mentioned earlier, i believe, that natural disaster etc may be as much a factor as personal demise..
[10:38] Emilia (emilia.avindar): in the attempt to reconcile financial realities with Tier here.
[10:38] Emilia (emilia.avindar): So, there may be a need to consider it all as one challenge.
[10:38] Sudane Erato: that's true, but the needs of the community persist regardless of the cause of my absence
[10:39] Sudane Erato: yes, its all the same
[10:39] Emilia (emilia.avindar): True, but disaster planning and estate planning...somewhat are one here.

[10:39] Lilith Ivory: I think the email solution works well - and if I don´t see or hear from Sudane for 14 days I will be very quick reaching out to Moon and Gwyn )
[10:39] Emilia (emilia.avindar): LL drives the bus, but could drive it off the cliff, after all.
[10:40] Sudane Erato: well, i would worry whether Gwyn and Moon know where the info is... but i could remind them. I'd rather see a new system
[10:41] Lilith Ivory: I agree but it´s good to know what to do till we figure out something better
[10:41] Sudane Erato: :)... yes :)
[10:41] Sudane Erato: I'll remind them :)
[10:41] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:42] Lilith Ivory: I´m not sure if I have Moons email too . will check as I think the dean (pro temp)might be a good person to reach out for them in case of an emergency
[10:43] Sudane Erato: are we good for now on this topic?
[10:43] Lilith Ivory: I think so :)
[10:43] Lilith Ivory: are we Calli?
[10:44] Callipygian Christensen: think so
[10:44] Lilith Ivory: phew :)

[10:44] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:44] Lilith Ivory: I think It was important to learn about all this even if the discussion took 60 min longer than scheduled :)
[10:44] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:45] Sudane Erato: well... we can continue in the forums and with the ra
[10:45] Lilith Ivory: exactly - the job of the SC is done for now :)
[10:45] Lilith Ivory: I think
[10:45] Sudane Erato: I am hesitant to post in the forum because of my suggestion for someone to enter AVATAR1's account
[10:45] Sudane Erato: i can omit that i guess

[10:45] Lilith Ivory: oh that reminds me
[10:46] Lilith Ivory: a quick question from the one taking the transcript
[10:46] Lilith Ivory: do you think it is ok to leave the names of your Alts in the transcript with the amounts of money they hold?
[10:46] Lilith Ivory: or should I remove this sensitive info?
[10:46] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:46] Sudane Erato: well
[10:46] Sudane Erato: the financial reports are public info
[10:47] Sudane Erato: but
[10:47] Sudane Erato: they do not include the names of the alts
[10:47] Sudane Erato: so... i don't know
[10:47] Emilia (emilia.avindar): the forum is constantly being hit by bots; harmless or not.
[10:47] Sudane Erato: whatever you feel is appropriate
[10:47] Callipygian Christensen: mit the names
[10:47] Callipygian Christensen: omit
[10:47] Lilith Ivory: with permission of my fellow SC members I would like to remove the names of Sudanes alts from the transcript
[10:47] Sudane Erato: ok... good
[10:48] Soro Dagostino: agreed
[10:48] Sudane Erato: and i will omit them if i do any forum posts
[10:48] Lilith Ivory: ok :)
[10:48] Lilith Ivory: had to google omit ;-)
[10:49] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:49] Lilith Ivory: ok
[10:49] Sudane Erato: hehe

[10:49] Lilith Ivory: next agenda item is hopefully a shorter one
[10:49] Sudane Erato: i will leave you all then :)
[10:49] Lilith Ivory: see you Sudane
[10:49] Sudane Erato: ty all :)
[10:49] Lilith Ivory: and thank you for your explanation and for the census you did
[10:49] Emilia (emilia.avindar): bye Sudane :)
[10:49] Sudane Erato: bye :)
[10:49] Rosie Gray: thanks for all the info, Sudane

[10:50] Lilith Ivory: next agenda item :appointment of a new Content Archivist
[10:50] Lilith Ivory: as you all might know our law says we need to have a content archivist ...
[10:51] Lilith Ivory: the text is in a notecard that is in the box :)
[10:51] Lilith Ivory: so far Widget Whiteberry held this position
[10:52] Lilith Ivory: but sadly she is not a CDS citizen any longer as she gave up her land her a while ago
[10:53] Lilith Ivory: as I have no idea myself atm I would like to ask my fellow SC members to think about who might qualify for this position and let me know till we meet next so we can appoint someone
[10:53] Lilith Ivory: any questions or thoughts?
[10:53] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held) raises my hand
[10:53] Lilith Ivory: SC members first please
[10:53] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): :) np
[10:54] Callipygian Christensen: will ponder it *nod*
[10:54] Lilith Ivory: thank you Calli
[10:54] Lilith Ivory: Soro?
[10:54] Soro Dagostino: Raises hand.
[10:55] Soro Dagostino: Offer the name of Emilia
[10:55] Callipygian Christensen: here is the law showing the requirements: https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/cds-23-01 ... ivist-act/
[10:55] Lilith Ivory: thank you Soro
[10:55] Lilith Ivory: and thank you Calli
[10:55] Lilith Ivory is a bit exhausted after the first part of this meeting :)
[10:56] Lilith Ivory: Han?
[10:56] Emilia (emilia.avindar): I'd be honored to be considered, but i see a requirement is to be an EM, which i have been but am not currently..
[10:56] Lilith Ivory: no, it´snot that you HAVE to be an EM to be considered
[10:56] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): Thanks, I just wanted to point out that -at least when I was chancellor, the chancellor seemed to fill that role, at least in practice. Probably because Widget was MIA at that point
[10:56] Lilith Ivory: it´s that the AC has to be added
[10:57] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): Would this change the chancellor's role W.R.T. those accounts?
[10:57] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): Done
[10:57] Lilith Ivory: while I do think this makes no sense as the Content Avie would need that power and not the person operating it
[10:57] Emilia (emilia.avindar): smiles, thanks for clarity, Lilith and Han.
[10:58] Lilith Ivory: Han we have an Content Archivist for several years now and appointing a new one will not change anything
[10:58] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): Thanks :)
[10:59] Callipygian Christensen: han, which part of the role? The Chancellor among others is always entitled to have access to the inventory
[10:59] Lilith Ivory: I move we accept applications and think about who is qualified so we can decide on this topic at our next meeting
[10:59] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): I meant access, which you just answered, Calli :)
[10:59] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[10:59] Lilith Ivory: Rosie?
[11:00] Rosie Gray: I'd just like to point out that the CDSPrinter avatar seems to have been lost as far as logins go
[11:00] Rosie Gray: and that there was never a CDSContent avatar created
[11:00] Lilith Ivory: the RA might want to ament this law too to recognise this fact
[11:01] Rosie Gray: yes I agree
[11:01] Rosie Gray: done
[11:01] Lilith Ivory: and the new Content Archivist might want to finally create that Avatar
[11:01] Rosie Gray: but there is a problem with that
[11:01] Lilith Ivory: (widget got asked several times to my knowing but never got to it)
[11:02] Rosie Gray: this idea of a CDSContent avatar, separate from ARchie
[11:02] Rosie Gray: is not practical
[11:02] Rosie Gray: anyway, sorry, RA can review this law
[11:02] Lilith Ivory smiles
[11:03] Lilith Ivory: ok :
[11:03] Lilith Ivory: I have a motion on the table :)
[11:03] Lilith Ivory: [10:59] Lilith Ivory: I move we accept applications and think about who is qualified so we can decide on this topic at our next meeting
[11:04] Callipygian Christensen: second
[11:04] Callipygian Christensen: and vote yes
[11:04] Lilith Ivory: all in favour say aye please :)
[11:04] Lilith Ivory: aye
[11:04] Soro Dagostino: aye
[11:04] Lilith Ivory: motion carries
[11:04] Lilith Ivory: thank you
[11:05] Lilith Ivory: I would like to have another meeting after Calli is back from her travels
[11:05] Lilith Ivory: what do you think ?
[11:05] Soro Dagostino: Agreed
[11:06] Lilith Ivory: (I guess nobody heard from Coop? so there is no discussion needed?)
[11:06] Callipygian Christensen: You shouldnt wait for me to get back since I am gone until mid-Septmber
[11:07] Lilith Ivory: ok so I will try to schedule a meeting at the end of august
[11:07] Lilith Ivory: I will reach out to all SC members to find a day that fits all
[11:08] Soro Dagostino: Saturday or Sunday @ 0900
[11:08] Lilith Ivory: does not make much sense to plan now without Aliasi and Coop being around
[11:08] Lilith Ivory: yes soro
[11:09] Lilith Ivory: if there is nothing else I think we can adjourn now
[11:09] Soro Dagostino: Just gave you my dates.
[11:09] Lilith Ivory: do I get a motion for it?
[11:09] Callipygian Christensen: motion to adjourn
[11:09] Soro Dagostino: OK, move adjournment.
[11:09] Lilith Ivory: yes I saw and those days work for me too
[11:10] Soro Dagostino: Second.
[11:10] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[11:10] Lilith Ivory: aye
[11:10] Soro Dagostino: Aye
[11:10] Lilith Ivory: we are adjourned now
[11:10] Lilith Ivory: thank you all for coming
[11:10] Hannah Marie De La Cruz (han.held): Thanks ya'll :)
[11:10] Soro Dagostino: WOOOOOT!!!!
[11:10] Cathy Sabre: thank you SC
[11:10] Rosie Gray: ··•°•··..☺ Applauds! ☺ ..··•°•··..
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Post Reply

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”