Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Extension of polling- polls will close at 9 AM on May 25

Post by Callipygian »

I posted this inworld a short while ago:

Extension of polling- polls will close at 9 AM tomorrow, May 25
A citizen was unable to vote this morning, and has not returned in world to receive help. No e-mail address is available for me to identify and address the problem.
In the interest of allowing all citizens as full an opportunity as possible to cast their ballot, the polls will remain open until 9 AM tomorrow, May 24 - ANY citizen who has not voted yet may cast a ballot during that time.

In future, all voting problems will be addressed with e-mail to avoid the need for this to happen again.

Callipygian

It has been suggested to just 'add in that persons vote later' , or 'just count that persons vote if it's a tie' - but neither of these are options. To extend polling for one citizen would be unfair; extending for ALL citizens allows time for this problem to be addressed. I hope to have contact with this person before the polls close to ensure that a valid vote can be cast.

Last edited by Callipygian on Sun May 25, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Correct title typo - date in body and date in title did not match
People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”