Announcement from the SC in its capacity as Forum Moderators

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Announcement from the SC in its capacity as Forum Moderators

Post by Callipygian »

The SC has received a notice of the banning of Pip Torok and an included complaint regarding alleged actions of Pip Torok.

The nature of the complaint has resulted in a temporary ban on Pip Torok's access to the Forums. As a result, he cannot create or reply to any commentary on this matter.

In addition, due to the nature of the complaint, there is a request for a closed hearing by the SC, a request that the SC will consider as it identifies the appropriate action to take in this matter.

As a result, while recognizing the right to free expression and the traditional broad freedoms of the Forums, it is felt to be in the interests of this matter to NOT have open discussion, debate or speculation on the Forums until this matter is dealt with by the SC. I have already been IMed in world with three different versions of 'what he did' - none of them even close to a correct recounting of the complaint. This sort of speculation and gossip does nothing to assist in resolving such a serious matter.

Therefore, anyone starting a topic related to this issue or replying to a topic on this issue in these Forums will have the topics and posts locked immediately and will have their posting access to the Forums temporarily disabled with no warning.

This moderation is in effect until the resolution of this complaint and an announcement saying the moratorium on posting has been lifted.

Callipygian

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”