Withdrawal

Debates among candidates, questions submitted by citizens and responses to them by candidates
Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Withdrawal

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Greetings, dear friends. As I mentioned to a few CDS neighbors earlier today, some unexpected commitments are going to prevent my being able to spend significant time in-world, reliably, for a few months. Accordingly, to be fair to the community, I must regretfully withdraw my candidacy. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Of course, when I agreed to stand for election, I did not yet know that -- and did not know Bagheera K. also was willing to serve. We had been talking, and I'm not sure she herself knew yet ... but she did file subsequently, and is willing to donate her time, creativity and love for the place. I support her unconditionally, with confidence that she will do a fine job for CDS.

We are an important virtual experiment, and a real human community, and the project deserves all of our support. We have had absentee Chancellors occasionally in our history, and survived it fine ... but we are far better off with an engaged, active one.

Web access and time permitting, I may pop in occasionally, more like my old CSDF sparring partners have this past few years, for the near future. And add a few trenchant comments for these Forums, which only require brief attention and low-band access. But decreased presence does not mean decreased affinity for you all. See you around -- Jamie

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Withdrawal

Post by Rosie Gray »

Good luck with whatever you are doing Jamie; I think that both you and Bags were strong Chancellor candidates. I'm sure the CDS will be safe in her capable hands. Perhaps you'll be able to commit the time in 6 months and run again!

Cheers,
Rosie

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Jamie - You have kept me honest and I will endeavor to be worthy to your highest hopes. Every good thing to you, and thank you ! Bags

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Touche ! Jamie
winks

C and i wish you well and thank you for leaving us in good hands with Bagheera
are we are even now ???? ))))) MUAH !!!!

Forever a fan,

Prin

Cleo

Return to “Campaign for Chancellor and the 20th RA, Nov 2013”