Meet the Candidates Pajama Party!

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Meet the Candidates Pajama Party!

Post by Sonja Strom »

After a fair amount of effort to try to organise candidate debates, it has become clear it will simply not work have the traditional kind of debate we have had in the past and include all of the candidates equally...

Instead, our wonderful Dean of the Scientific Council, Delia Lake, is preparing some information on all of the candidates that we will put up around the CDS.

And, we will have a ***Meet the Candidates Pajama Party*** this Sunday from 10am to Noon PDT!!! Most likely this event will follow the Town Hall meeting that would normally happen that day, so after a while our Town Hall can turn into a great party for the community! :) Put on your PJ's and slippers, and we'll see you there!

Because of the Town Hall I am not sure where people will want this to be held, so we can talk about it. Any suggestions?

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Meet the Candidates Pajama Party!

Post by Rose Springvale »

Thank you for organizing this Sonja. In the past, the RA has chosen not to meet during the week of the election. Perhaps it makes sense for your party to take place instead of the town hall.

I most likely won't be able to make this time, but am glad that the candidates will get the chance to meet the citizens. Good Luck to you all, and don't forget the Sunrise Ball on Saturday.

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Unfortunately I too have a prior commitment on Sunday that will make it impossible for me to put in more than a token appearance at that time. However I COULD make it if it were scheduled at the usual "Town Hall" time.

Cindy

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

The time picked for the party is the one when the most candidates said they would have available last Sunday for a debate. Cindy, I really am sorry if this is not a good time for you, but with all respect to you I can also tell you it is very hard to arrive at a time that will be perfect for everyone. This is especially true with 15 candidates...

Maybe you can come to the Town Hall and talk about whatever you would like before the party begins. :-)

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Well, as I said, I'll be able to make a token appearance right at the beginning, but will have to leave by 10:30. It would not be fair for me to be the only one to be speaking at the Town Hall meeting, so I'll pass on that opportunity.

Cindy

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

I think it makes sense if we do not hold our regular Town Hall this week. It would be during the election campaign and while that has not stopped previous RAs from meeting during the election and changing the election rules.... that is hardly a good precedent to follow!

With apologies to Cindy, I do not think we should change the time of the event. Changing the time at this late stage is bound to affect one or more other candidates.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

After talking with several different people and looking at several different places, we have decided to hold the "Meet the Candidates Pajama Party" in the quiet seating area along the river in Locus Amoenus, in the same place where several of the Town Halls have been held.

The address for it is: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Locus%20Amoenus/126/163/24

Hope to see you there!!

Soro Dagostino
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Soro Dagostino »

I note that Facebook was used to provide an announcement of the Candidates gathering. I raise objection to the use of a program that fails to respect privacy of its users, especially when the broadside is tied to our RL accounts. For my own reasons, I do not generally open my RL accounts to SL, and vice-versa. I respectfully request that you take Soro off your Facebook list. I do not want to have reason to have Soro disclosed to the general public in connection with my RL account on Facebook.

Thank you.

Bottle Washer
CDS SC
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Soro, I am sorry if I caused you any difficulty. So far as I know I did not provide any of your RL information to Facebook. In any case, in the future I will not send you any Facebook notices.

Soro Dagostino
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Soro Dagostino »

Thank you. Its difficult for all when Facebook is acting in this manner. If the company respected private information, it is a significant system in keeping people connected . . . But since it [Facebook & Zuckerman] believes he/they own the private information of the users, there are grave dangers of disclosure of private information belonging to its users. While I, like a lot of the writers in the press, will not "Cut off Facebook" -- I have gone through that difficult and tedious process to limit all my information in RL. I join the warning group in advising all Facebook users to do what is required to protect their privacy.

Bottle Washer
CDS SC

Return to “Events in CDS”