Town Hall planning meeting for Arts FestTuesday 1/28 4pmslt

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Town Hall planning meeting for Arts FestTuesday 1/28 4pmslt

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

We will be meeting Tuesday 1/28/2014 at 4pm in Colonia Nova to discuss the upcoming week of festivities that will be the CDS ART Festival. The LM is inworld on group notices. Or IM me. Cleo

thank you

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Town Hall planning meeting for Arts FestTuesday 1/28 4p

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

This is not a Town Hall meeting, but a privately called meeting on private land. If you do ever have the need and the right to call a Town Hall meeting, please do be sure not to hold it on land from which a potential attendee is banned (not myself).

AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by AbbyRose »

The meeting went well. If you are talking about the "P person" who sat there and did not participate, but who contacted people in im to disrupt the meeting, he was reported and banned....None of us want to deal with the silliness, even if it isn't you. You weren't
at the meeting, so how did you know?

Do Good. Be good. Try to be happy.
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Thank you to everyone who participated in the town hall planning meeting for the CDS ART festival 2014. About a dozen people participated during the meeting and several have offered to help who could not attend. Our chancellor Bagheera had approved this event and continues to be involved. The dates were confirmed for March 6 thru 12 there will activities in all five Sims. We will have tours of existing permanent exhibits as well as temporary installations and special events we are still soliciting ideas and there is plenty of opportunity for anyone who wishes to participate to do so. The purpose of this event is to share with each other and the rest of secondlife the creative activities and artistic talents of CDS citizens.
The meeting was held in a parcel where no one was banned prior to the time of the meeting. There was full public access to everyone to the meeting.

Every citizen in CDS is invited to participate or add input to the festival.

Cleo
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

I believe Garnet is raising a valid point here. While no one may have been on a ban list for that parcel at that moment in time, it is not unheard of for one citizen to have banned other citizens from their land.

CDS has multiple public locations, so it is not hard to hold meetings for official CDS events on public land, and that has usually been the practise in my time in CDS. Holding future planning meetings, that are open to everyone, on public land solves any concerns that citizens might not have access.

Calli

Last edited by Callipygian on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to correct an amusing, but horrendous typo :)
People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I also agree with Garnet. How can this be a 'Town Hall" meeting when it's not in a public space?

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

I have attended many town hall meetings in cds that were not on public parcels.

Yesterday's meeting went well and no one was banned from the parcel or the meeting , as calli said, no citizen was banned from the parcel. If the matter is of such importance. Perhaps we could propose a law that gives a detailed description of the various types of meetings citizens can hold and where and what the title of each should be.

I see no need for such a law.

Cleo
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I have just looked up the definition of Town Hall Meeting, and it seems it is an American definition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_hall_meeting that is being used in this context. In Canada, a Town Hall Meeting is a meeting called by a level of government, usually at the city level. Thus my confusion on how the term could be used in this way.

I do wish that Americans in the CDS wouldn't assume that the whole world uses their definitions and terms in exactly the same way, as there are differences amongst us, and the CDS is not an American state. Yeah, this makes me grumpy.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Events in CDS”