Gov't Question Hour July 12 8 AM SLT

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Gov't Question Hour July 12 8 AM SLT

Post by Callipygian »

The SC has been asked to chair this question hour, and I will be doing so.

Question hour will be from 8 AM to 9 AM, location to be announced.

Callipygian

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Gov't Question Hour July 12 8 AM SLT

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Thank you Calli.
If I cannot attend the GQH could you answer these questions for me please, during the meeting.

I was very happy to hear that the SC will be reinstating the Moderation Guidelines back on the forums. Thank you for that. The Forums are linked to the Web Portal and are often visited by potential new citizens and have the potential to turn people off of CDS easily when moderation is non existent or too liberal or even biased. This worries me, as well as the idea that because of inadequate moderation there are citizens who fear expressing themselves on our forums because of lack of moderation.

When the SC reposts the moderation guidelines, will there be a change in the way the forums are moderated from the recent past?

What exactly are the procedures and policies for forum moderation, and what level of transparency for this process of forum moderation and how will the SC's duty to moderate the forums be able to be monitored by the public and other government branches?

Will there be moderation of PMs on the forums,d what is the status of that sort of communication as far as being able to post this publically, and is it moderated also?

Cleo
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Gov't Question Hour July 12 8 AM SLT

Post by Callipygian »

The revised Forum Moderation Guidelines are posted here :

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5127

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “Events in CDS”