Muromachi Chanoyu Saakuru

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Muromachi Chanoyu Saakuru

Post by michelmanen »

One of the things I missed in SL is the ability to immerse myself in activities that I would otherwise not find the time or occasion for, with people I would otherwise not meet. I have always been fascinated by the simplicity and tradition of Japanese tea ceremonies. In fact, the very first house I owned in SL was a Japanese house.

I have met a lot of people, both in CDS and outside it, that feel the same way about sharing a perfect cup of tea -even virtually! - in the company of both old and new friends. This is why, in the brief time I can now devote to my visits in SL, I would like to re-kindle old acquaintances and forge new ones around conversations over a cup of Japanese tea.

This is why I set up the "Muromachi Chanoyu Saakuru" - the Muramachi Tea Ceremony Circle. The Muramachi period in Japanese history - from the 14th to the 16th centuries, was the time when the Japanese tea ceremony acquired its highest and current form, so it seemed only appropriate to give this group such a name. The MCS is dedicated to the peaceful and contemplative enjoyment of the perfect cup of Japanese Tea in the company of close friends who appreciate the arts and seek to cleanse their minds of the concerns of daily life by receiving a bowl of tea served in a gracious and tasteful manner, ideally in a rural tea house built out of bark-covered logs and woven straw.

We will try to meet once a week, in Ludo's Antiquariat in NFS, and talk about books, art, life, virtual and real issues - in short, whatever we feel like on any given day. I also set up a FB page for those who have an account there, so we can keep in touch outside SL. If you wish yo join the group, please send me an IM and I will be more than happy to send you an invite.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/626963820750342/

I will post shortly an announcement regarding the time and date for the first get-together of the MCS. Thank you to all those interested. It will be lots of fun to see you all!

MM

Attachments
MCS Logo
MCS Logo
IMG_3495.JPG (13.89 KiB) Viewed 281 times

Return to “Events in CDS”