CDS10B 1st Quarter Wind-Up Schedule

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

JerryDon Lane
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

CDS10B 1st Quarter Wind-Up Schedule

Post by JerryDon Lane »

As noted in a previous post, the kick off for the Fall Festivities will be Approval Day, September 12th.

However there will be other events and activities outside this period. And so these schedules will reflect that. All times are SLT.

Friday September 5th, 5:00 PM— Jerry Don Lane, yep…yours truly, will be giving a lecture to the students and faculty of Florida Gulf Coast University. This lecture is to the sociology department as they study sociology concerning religion—more precisely in this case—religion in SL. You may be interested in attending. I’m going to demonstrate the spirit inside Homo Sapiens from a scientific standpoint and find a supreme power in the universe via nothing but physics. Lose your Koran and your Bible as there is no theology at all in this lecture.

And if there were a heaven, and we could glean information from those who have experienced it through Near Death Experiences, and we then compile those experiences and derive an experiential database, did you know that heaven must be similar to CDS? There you can build by rezzing, communicate via telepathic local chat—no need to type, you’ll be wearing internal google glasses. And TP anywhere you want…there is no time or gravity to wrestle with. Yes it must be a world of pixels and I suspect it’s CDS. :shock:

Young minds should enjoy this different lecture as I play with theirs, and I’ll bet you will too.

WHERE: At the Community Cultural Info Hub. The LM will be delivered in a Group Notice.

Saturday, September 6th, 12:00 PM— Bobby Scholessinger will warm us into the Fall season with some different arrangements. Bobby is a showman! I first heard him DJ at Bogarts Jazz Club but he has played all the best and oldest clubs in SL on a regular basis for many years. The club was packed that first night and they were totally into Bobby. Bobby is a one-man show that usually plays pieces reminiscent of Ray Charles, Etta James, Lou Rawls, Dinah Washington, Nancy Wilson, et al. But you never know what Bobby will do. It will be unique and he will entertain you—this we guarantee!

WHERE: On the docks at Colonia Nova.

Monday, September 8th, 2:00 PM—Invasion of the British Rockers. Yes, they did invade and thank goodness they did, because it changed the music scene around the world. Join our well-known entertaining friend DJ Ang as he regales us with the best of the British Invasion. This will be the first event that this PIO office puts out in honor of our new residents. So, my friends in politics, I have often heard complaints before that you never have a chance to get out and meet the newcomers that much. Now is your chance! Come out and greet them. Offer to help them and welcome them as the newest members of our community. They will receive special invitations to this event.

WHERE: To be announced.

Tuesday, September 9th, 5:00 PM— JerryDon Lane will again be speaking to the students and faculty of Florida Gulf Coast University. Same topic, same facilities—different students, date and time. Please see above for the details.

So, are You….READY….. TO…....RUMBLE?? Let’s kick off the CDS Birthday Bash. We begin with Approval Day.

Friday, September 12, 10:00 AM—CDS Decennial Parade. Join your friends and neighbors as we meet in Alpine Meadows to show pride in our CDS flag and stand united in democracy as one Micronation. Build a float, ride your horse or motorcycle—pull out that tank or that ridiculous car or contraption someone gave you that maybe you just aren’t sure what it is. You can walk if you want to. The CDS Flag will lead us from AM over Colonia Nova, into and across Locus Ameonus, across the LA bridge and onto the beach where we will enjoy some beer, hamburgers and hot-dogs as friends and neighbors. Invite your friends and share with other business owners the opportunity they may have to build a float and promo their business. A uniting party like this is good for CDS as a whole and a great way to kick off our 10th birthday celebrations. Then, it’s onto the docks to see our old CDS friend JC Farstrider.

Friday, September 12, 12:00 PM— JC Farstrider —Come and take a table or bring a dance partner as we listen to some of the best talent that SL has to offer. Jazz Saxaphonist JC Farstrider brings you jazz classics from Southern California where he plays professionally in 5 bands, including his own jazz combo. He will bring to life exciting favorite melodies and spicy latin rhythms. Come and enjoy a colorful world of music. JC says on his profile: “Jazz is truly an all season sport. Free and full of risk. I believe music in life is the best cure for everything. They say that IF MUSIC BE THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE, PLAY ON.” Indeed JC, play on …..and CDS appreciates such awesome talent. But don’t leave just yet when JC completes his set, there’s more coming up on this same stage because we are having a musical arts extravaganza right here in Colonia Nova today.

Friday, September 12, 1:00 PM—Live and in Concert, Concert Pianist Sandia Beaumont. We were simply blown away by the awesome talents of Ms. Beaumont in our preliminary scout for these events. I’ll put her up with any RL pianist you care to mention. She is a classical pianist and one that performs it with style. Sit back--close your eyes. Relax and just listen to the beauty of classical music as it is played for you by a professional. We’ll rock your socks off before this festival is finished, but for now…just chill and meditate on the finer things in life. In fact, now that Ms. Sandia has relaxed you, after her show, take a break. Catz and I usually cuddle on the couch, turn on the big screen and watch a *cough* cooking show together. I can recommend this (not particularly the show but the relaxation). We’ll see you in the skies of Colonia Nova a little later.

Friday, September 12th, 5:00 PM— La Oros UNINTIMIDATED – Here is the dance troupe some of the ladies have commented to me they have been waiting for. La Oros is hard to describe if you have not seen their one of a kind show. They are a modern dance troupe that will simply amaze you with their talent and the awesome effects. In fact, their show is not easily held on just a stage. They use a special skybox built entirely to their specifications and the show will keep your attention. This group stole the stages on the Linden Lab sims during the SL 11th birthday celebrations. Now they are coming to CDS especially for you!

WHERE: In the skies of Colonia Nova.

OK, shows over, now get in bed and get some rest because we start early tomorrow.

Saturday, September 13th, 11:00 AM—Democracy Art Festival—Join us for a sneak-peek at the art show on the Quay in Locus Ameonus. We will kick off the art show with a meet and greet with the artists at the above date and time. Enjoy some of SL’s finest art and photography as you browse the paintings, drawings and photography. Also take time to enjoy the Quay, the seagulls, the jumping dolphins and the fresh virtual smell of the crisp sea air. Oh……and buy a few paintings for your home and business while you are there. Support the arts in SL. It’s one little pleasure that makes our virtual world a true home for us idealist utopians.

WHERE: On the Quay in Locus Ameonus.

Saturday, September 13th, 12:00 PM—Guitarist Jaoquin Gustav in Concert—This guitarist is the best SL string man in his field, bar none. Music soothes the savage breast….. beast too, if you are into colloquialisms. And Jaoquin will relax you as he tickles the strings resulting in tranquilizing sounds from the richest of classical to his own arrangements of Carpenter classics. Enjoy Jaoquin. We are pleased to have such a fine artist contribute to and heighten the cultural environment of CDS.

WHERE: In the Locus Ameonus Dinner Theater
Sunday, September 14th, 11:00 AM—Remy Farman Live From Wales–Remy Farman will be bringing you his unique singing style live from SW Great Britain. Remy has been singing since 2008 in SL and possesses an incredible passion for his music, which you will discover in every one of his shows. He has been performing professionally for over 20 years in RL. Remy is also a well known studio back up/track singer in Wales and some of the recordings you hear coming from this part of the world may be him on the harmonies! His voice is his instrument and what a fine-tuned instrument it is. Remy has been singing for so long that if you have a special request, he probably knows it from rock to classical to punk. After chats and negotiations with his people, one thing became apparent: his motto is, happy audience-great show. Don’t miss Remy Farman live from Wales!

Where: Locus Ameonus Dinner Theater

Sunday, September 14th, 12:00 PM—Lecture: Greek and Roman Mythology—Wear your Toga as we meet on the square in Colonia Nova to hear this lecture on Greek and Roman Mythology. This is the first of our historical events. The reasonings behind the theme of our Colonia Nova sim will come to the surface as we hear a lecture on the subject from one of our very own expert lecturers in RL, Dee Shepherd. Come dressed in theme if you care to, or come as you are. We will mingle after the event to discuss this topic so rich in historical eminence and Dee will be there to answer your questions.

WHERE: On the square in Colonia Nova.

Sunday, September 14th, 1:30 PM—PipeDreams in Concert—What a wonderfully talented group of performers. You will agree when you hear the totally different sounds being generated from the stage and get a whiff of the stage presence when they perform. This is an all woman group from Winnipeg Canada and most of them are college girls, so tip ‘em big and tip ‘em often.

Here is what they do. First they blend bagpipes and other pipings with rock and roll. Then this sound is interspersed with songs featuring the best in unique Celtic vocals of the female persuasion. This group is not just good…..they are awesome!

When I gave Kristobell a tour of the amphitheater I asked her the obvious question, “What do you call this stuff?” Her answer, “We call it ‘Bag Rock.’” Then she added in no uncertain terms that once our residents were into the concert they will want to dance so where and how would that happen. We figured it out. Be there for a wonderful and different CDS experience.

WHERE: The Amphitheater in Colonia Nova.

Monday, September 15th, 10:00 AM—The Illusions of Zoltan Mint—Another incredibly different and totally unrivaled show you will have to experience to comprehend. When you do, you will leave it with new memories of Second Life. Zoltan is Second Life's premier mystery entertainer. He is a magician/comedian and has performed over 200 shows across the grid, including personal and private command performances for the Lindens themselves.

Zoltan's show is approximately 45 minutes long, non-stop, filled with jokes, rezzed magical illusions, and audience participation. He may even make a prim disappear before your very eyes! I just right click and press delete. :D Ok, I kid my new friend with that last corny one-liner. I can assure you his are much better.

Zoltan Mint is an entertainer’s entertainer and the rave reviews I got from club and theater owners when I researched this guy would blow you away if I had the room to post them. All reported 100% that it is the best show in SL. And why not, he has been doing this professionally in RL for over 20 years. Let's welcome him to CDS!

WHERE: At the Locus Ameonus Dinner Theater.

Monday, September 15th, 5:00 PM—Sock Hop With Crossfire Ricochet—You’ve heard of Crossfire Ricochet if you’ve been in SL for any length of time at all. He is one of the best known DJ/Entertainers in here. But many of you may have never heard of a sock hop. We used to have them all the time in the U.S.—you rent a gymnasium, you pick up your buddies in your 57 Chevy, you drive to the gym and there you will see a band or DJ and …*blush*…girls. Well, your buddies know what girls are. They have read comic books that had them in there--they have seen pictures of them. At that point, everyone kicks off their shoes, you choke up in your throat just a little bit (I know, I’ve done it) but you muster up your courage and you walk over and ask a girl to dance. She say yes and your chest sticks out just a hair more. Then you hop in your socks till you drop—to the music!

We have one today and you are going to have a blast. TP in and enjoy the 50s scenery complete with pictures of Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Jerry Lewis and Red Skelton.

WHERE: At the CDS 50’s Diner. Watch for the LM in group notices

There is the First Quarter Events Schedule to start winding us up. Stay tuned for the next posting for more participatory events, historical events, and be warned that we may rock you just a little bit from here on out throwing in a little Beethoven and Ballet just to keep you well-mannered. :D

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government — lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. Patrick Henry
JerryDon Lane
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Re: CDS10B 1st Quarter Wind-Up Schedule

Post by JerryDon Lane »

Here is the finalized and simplified version of the schedule if you care to print it out. Thanks Penelope. If you think this PIO office is only me, my how wrong you would be. So much hard work goes on behind the scenes to bring these major events to CDS and sometimes only the front person gets credit. It's a team effort from the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor on down to the final product, and we are all team players doing our own, equally important roles to make it all happen. So who wins the game? The people.... :)

CDS10B 1st Quarter Schedule

Friday September 5th

5:00 PM — Jerry Don Lane,Lecture, Religion in SL, Florida Gulf Coast University

WHERE: At the Community Cultural Info Hub. The LM will be delivered in a Group Notice

Saturday, September 6th

12:00 PM — DJ Bobby Scholessinger, Jazz and more - On the Docks at Colonia Nova

Monday, September 8th

2:00 PM — DJ ANG, Invasion of the British Rockers - Location to be announced

Tuesday, September 9th

5:00 PM — Jerry Don Lane,Lecture, Religion in SL, Florida Gulf Coast University

WHERE: At the Community Cultural Info Hub. The LM will be delivered in a Group Notice

Friday, September 12th

** Approval Day Events **

10:00 AM — CDS Decennial Parade - Alpine Meadows

12:00 PM — JC Farstrider, Jazz Saxaphonist - Colonia Nova

1:00 PM — Sandia Beaumont, Concert Pianist, Classical Music - Colonia Nova

5:00 PM — La Oros, Modern Dance Troupe, UNINTIMIDATED – Skies of Colonia Nova

Saturday, September 13th,

11:00 AM — Democracy Art Festival— Art Show Meet and Greet with the Artists - On the Quay in Locus Ameonus

12:00 PM — Guitarist Jaoquin Gustav in Concert - In the Locus Ameonus Dinner Theater

Sunday, September 14th

11:00 AM — Remy Farman, Singer, Live From Wales – Locus Ameonus Dinner Theater

12:00 PM — Dee Shepherd Lecture: Greek and Roman Mythology - On the square in Colonia Nova

1:30 PM — PipeDreams in Concert, "Bag Rock" - The Amphitheater in Colonia Nova

Monday, September 15th

10:00 AM — The Illusions of Zoltan Mint, Magician/comedian - At the Locus Ameonus Dinner Theater

5:00 PM — Sock Hop With DJ Crossfire Ricochet - At the CDS 50’s Diner. Watch for the LM in group notices

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government — lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. Patrick Henry

Return to “Events in CDS”