Spring Bloom Concert

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bells Semyorka
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Spring Bloom Concert

Post by Bells Semyorka »

Please join us for our Spring Bloom concert, Sat. March 28, 2015 from 1-4pm SLT

We will be showcasing two live musical performances from Winston Ackland and Beth Odets.

Winston will be playing from 1-2pm SLT Beth Odets will be playing from 2-4pm SLT

Artist Bios:
Winston Ackland: Premier Second Life live performer and real life music professional, Winston Ackland provides smiles with his clever original works and quirky adaptations of obscure covers. Somehow, it all makes sense as audiences relax in a comfortable atmosphere and enjoy innovative songs crafted from a blend of rock, blues, bossa nova, jazz and lounge. He is an accomplished RL musician for over 20 years. December of 08, RL and SL merged when Winston's cover of "Lithium" hit the big screen in 20th Century Fox Films blockbuster hit, “Marley and Me”.. and again in the summer of 2012, when Winston's cover of "Psycho Killer" was featured in Oliver Stone's "Savages".

Beth Odets: Beth Odets has been playing violin for 32 years.She is a classically trained concert violinist who threw it all away to become the greatest itinerant fiddlist in Second Life. A champion of the environment and alternative energy sources, Beth is currently touring Second Life in a '69 VW micro-van powered by hippies on a treadmill. Her Solo Performances in SL Feature Both Violin/Fiddle AND Guitar/Vocals. You can expect wide range of the musical spectrum from this sweet voiced lunatic! She plays/sings Originals and Covers - an eclectic mix that ranges from *Blues to Bluegrass* and from *Mozart to metallica*. - It's Entertaining and also Beautiful with a side order of funny.

We hope to see you there

“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Spring Bloom Concert

Post by Rosie Gray »

Wow that sounds great! I hope I can make it to hear these wonderful artists.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Events in CDS”