What is Bloom Concert?

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

JerryDon Lane
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Re: What is Bloom Concert?

Post by JerryDon Lane »

Patroklus Murakami wrote:
Catz Jewell wrote:

All you have to do is bring in events that are new and different. Stop with the old boring run of the mill singer comes in and does an hour show. Enough with the Balls in the Scholss bit. Its old and tired. Jerry & I looked and found some really great entertainment. We had a Magician come, We had Tribute Bands, We had Parades. One Country Singer brought 60 people into CN. Just look at the most recent RFL events. There were more people in CDS then have been there in 6 or 7 months. Too bad CDS doesnt realize what it takes to have successful events, and bring in people.

It's not just a numbers game Catz. We can spend our citizens' money on providing a venue for other people to enjoy the acts that they follow around the SL grid but, if they don't appeal to our citizens and none of the visitors see any of the CDS sims, what have we gained?

I see a place for the kind of tribute acts you and Jerry put on but I question the value you are claiming for them. Who actually joined CDS as a result? How many CDS citizens wanted to come to them? Many were held up in the sky so visitors saw nothing of the CDS regions. At least yesterday's event, which was well-attended by CDS citizens and visitors alike by the way, was held by the Rhenus Docks. Bells did a great job transforming the area with the grass, flowers and animals heralding the start of Spring. It was a great event!

I think there is an unpleasant tone in your post and Abby's original one. You both seem to want to spend time settling bitter scores and tearing down the people actually doing something for CDS. It's not constructive or helpful and I'm calling you out on it.

Yes it is a numbers game....Sheeze.....You seem simply lost on promoting CDS. You don't just hold CDS events to entertain CDS citizens, they may come but odds are they may not. Anyone that has held many events in CDS knows this. You provide that entertainment for them yes, but events are of duel purpose: another purpose is to draw fresh people into CDS and keep the sims full. You do not "get" this and it is the very reason you see so much yellow now in CDS when Catz and I and Penelope, along with the help of some roads that Abby and Molly had paved for us....... LEFT YOU 100% OCCUPANCY WHEN YOU TOOK OVER. Now look at this mess!

How many wanted to join CDS? .......That silly question does not need an answer......All 5 sims were at 100% occupancy....Look back at the records--they speak for themselves.

And I hope you detect some bitterness in their voice.....You have been an utter failure and a disgrace to the citizens....You and Shep RUINED the entire RFL program in CDS and made them move the events out of CDS in order to keep you from further screwing with them. When the REZ Magazine article comes out and you see the Steampunk sims congratulated for generating so much effort and money for cancer victims......Just think what a failure you have caused CDS in this area. In fact, you have done just the opposite.....tried your best to kill the entire program. CDS' reputation will plummet among the RFL community, my friend, if you don't think it has enough already because of your actions.....That is a large group of people with even some of your Linden buddies involved in it.

You do a single event which nobody knew was coming, was not advertised at all--much less grid wide, was very poorly produced from what I hear and was poorly attended according to the map numbers.......yet you want to toot your own horn.....LOL.....THIS is how Pat and Shep promote CDS. It would be laughable if they were not driving the final coffin nail into what once was a great democracy.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government — lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. Patrick Henry
AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by AbbyRose »

I agree with jd on many of his points.
We have lived here. We spent countless hours, and countless days of work to promote CDS. Others living at CDS have spent the same energy working as the Guild, EM's, Ra, SC, etc. Why the hell would three of you backstab people that do sincerely care? What purpose do you have to belittle people that do and have tried to help CDS?
Pat, you called me out. I am not mean. I am sincere. I do share. I am a team player. I am still learning.
As Chancellor, you showed up at Anzere when you were elected. You attended your inaugural Ball. You attended this Bloom party.
As a representative of CDS, what have you done to bring people into the sims, welcome them, educate them?
Most days, there are zero EMs available, if we did have people interested in moving here, there is none available to set them up.
Yes, I have taken snips of that too.
This is not a personal attack on you or Bells. Bells is brilliant when it comes to videos and photos. I thought you were a sincere man.
I have no idea why this has turned into a tug-of-war. We all should be working together to promote each other and CDS.
Pat, people have left. I am thinking about leaving. My personal struggle is having to give up Molly's Garden.
You want to push people out of a place you rarely visit? Fine. I had a nice SL before this term and will for many years after. My buildings will fit on sims that I can terraform. (Did you know I was capable of terraforming? Surprise! I can. I owned 1/2 of Four Seasons Plaza years ago).
This brings up you taking away people's rezzing rights.
The archery doesn't work.
The dunking booth didn't work.
Citizens need rezzing rights to use these items.
What is the point of having these things if people can't use them?
I supported you. You have been vacant most of the time and down right nasty to people that have helped CDS for years when you are online.
I am calling you out on that. Where are you getting your information? What do you hope to gain?

Do Good. Be good. Try to be happy.
Bells Semyorka
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Bells Semyorka »

Just some additional information.
The Bloom concert was listed in the Event section of SL under a live music event. I used the docks as the landing point. It was advertized on our CDS Facebook page, The sign was placed in our Flickr stream and available on the forums under the event section. It was in the CDS Calendar and signs were placed across our sims too. Even the Democracy board had a flyer attached to it.I did send out several notices as well as have a few group chat messages sent throughout the event. I also sent out a notification when we had a change in our lineup to keep everyone informed of the changes that took place.

about an hour after the concert ended I went back into the location and deleted the items I had placed and removed all the signs across CDS, I also uploaded the photos I had taken on to my Flickr site and added them to the CDS group.

Thank you to everyone who attended.

“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Thank you Bells. It was a great concert and well-attended. I look forward to more events like this one (and others too, diversity is good!)

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Widget Whiteberry
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Widget Whiteberry »

Bells - Kudos for the great job producing and promoting a delightful event. And good choice of artist. When the performer understands the form as well as this man does, I particularly love live music in CDS.

Return to “Events in CDS”