8 - 30, LUC Meeting Minutes

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

8 - 30, LUC Meeting Minutes

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission
Sunday August 30, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Em Warden - Citizens Rep , Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Sudane, Brooke - RA Rep
Guests: Rosie

1. Call to order at 12:13 PM

2. Discussion and approval of today's agenda: Approved and voted by all

3. Discussion and approval of the recent meeting minutes (August 16, 2020):
Reference: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9574
Approved and voted by all except for a small mistake that was corrected by Mizou in the comments of the minutes.

4. Old Business:
A. Suggestions for additions to LA port area:

i. Rosie does not think it needs any additions, Delia thinks that it looks too sterile, Mizou reminded LUC members that Sudane thought that it needed something.
ii. Rosie has added an ice cream cart as a seasonal thing and replaced the horse rezzer by a low Li one. She also reminds the LUC that small seasonal changes are the prerogative of the current chancellor 😊
iii. Rosie noticed that we have 3 bicycle rezzer along the sea front and proposes to have only one as a prim reduction measure.
iv. Almut reminded the LUC members that ‘The proposals and ideas are recorded in some previous minutes. We agreed to talk about possible implementations as soon as it is evident how many extra prims could be used for that. Sudane was asked last meeting to start a small survey to find out where possibly prims/LI could be saved.’
v. Em proposes that we just need to make it easier to find the quay by adding signs at the beginning of the bridge and on the CN forum as well as a streetlamp on the bridge.

B. Regions waterfalls: Status report (Rosie & Delia)
i. Rosie: Alpine Meadow is all finished
ii. Delia: partially finished with Monastery waterfalls
iii. Almut asks that when works are completed to inform CDS via the forum.


C. Friedsee Lake: Investigation of modern water textures and the possibility of enabling swimming (on request of the RA, July 28, 2020): Status update and report to the RA
i. Mizou tried to swim in the Friedsee lake via her own Siggy Romulus swimmer but has unsuccessful. Delia said that she would reset the scripts. Delia and Mizou to report back at next meeting.
ii. Delia to get back to Mizou about prim swim HUD.
iii. Rosie: Laura mentioned that she had a pool with nice animations in it, meant to be placed over a lake or whatever, she has it out in LA now
and she offered to put it down in the Friedsee lake as a kind of 'swim club' and the rest of the RA seemed to like the idea.



D. Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery:

i. Almuts’ posted proposal: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php ... 810#p49810
ii. In the meantime, I strive to gather the required knowledge to create all required textures in Blender.
iii. Almut is aware that if she is going to make all the textures in Blender, that she needs to make seasonal textures too and that it will need to be accessible somehow by the LV EM’s.
iv. Mizou was wondering if Almut was going to create separate AO (Ambient Occlusion) maps as this would be easier to work with the textures to add seasonal changes when needed.

E. Proposed changes on the LUC Law and Civil Service Act Law: Status of the Forum discussion
i. Almut has meanwhile posted her draft: Reference: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9527
ii. Delia as SC Dean has read it through briefly but will need to look at it in depth.

5. New Business:

A. Road/path mesh project (Sudane; postponed from last meeting):

i. For next meeting as Sudane is not present.

B. Machinima Monastery: Project planning (Tan and Almut):
i. Mizou has created a channel for CDS postings under YouTube account with Archies email [email protected] and will look after it.
ii. Anybody who can log into Archie’s Gmail can upload to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNksK ... 7LzTsFL0ig
iii. Delia’s question: I will be giving a guided tour for The Science Circle with the topic of sustainable gardening, using my land in NFS. it will be filmed. is that something we should cross post too this YouTube channel?
iv. Yes, Archie can cross-post and subscribe to other YouTube channels.


6. Next Meeting: Sunday, September 13, 12 PM SLT: approved and voted by all.

7. Meeting adjourned at 13: 22.
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400

Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”