4 - 10, LUC Meeting Minutes

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

4 - 10, LUC Meeting Minutes

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission
Sunday October 4, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Em Warden - Citizens Rep, Sudane, Brooke - RA Rep, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Delia - Pro Tempore
Guests: Rosie, Chancellor

1. Call to order. It is 12:13 PM SLT.

2. Discussion and approval of today's agenda: approved by all at 12:18 PM SLT

3. Discussion and approval of the recent meeting minutes (September 13, 2020)

https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9594: approved by all at 12:19 PM SLT

4. Old Business:

A. Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery:
• Approved by the RA on September 22, 2020
• Almut has set up the first part of the old sluice, not textured yet, it is a round structure which will connect the two paths (Li 2)
• She will create the pathways, which will have separate texturizable surfaces, suitable for seasonal changes.
• At some point, she will need some assistance to remove or to relocate some landscape elements and plants.
• Reminder: Any new build/asset need to be checked out first before putting it into place. Our work practise is to first build on a platform, then have it checked, then placing it in situ.
• Almut will record the coordinates of the object.

B. Proposed changes on the LUC Law and Civil Service Act Law: Opened related Forum discussion for a proposed Transparent Region Development Act
• We will see how the discussion further evolves
• RA to make the final decision about these changes

5. New Business:

A: LA Coast Line Renewal project for the southwest corner (Sudane)

Sudane's proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nss ... sp=sharing
Background: The RA voted that “the LUC to be directed to create and publish a proposal by 31 October 2020 for a redevelopment project in one region of CDS with the greatest potential to have a positive impact on parcel sales and region occupancy.”

• Sudane’s proposal shows a more organic waterline
• Sudane proposes that different builders create the new homes so that it guarantees a more varied style
• Mizou offers to build seaside builds as on the Belgian coast ‘Belle Epoque style’ from around 1870. These have some striking art deco elements. http://siagrius.be/siagrius/?p=7068
See also Lyubov's statements and questions below.

B. Road/path mesh project (Sudane):
• Postponed as Sudane had to leave.

6. Miscellaneous:
• Mizou to visit ‘Ville De Cœur’ which is a system of French-inspired sims on Brooke’s suggestion and will have a look at the architecture and landscaping, to get some inspiration and find out why they are successful in attracting people.


7. Next Meeting:

- Proposal: Sunday, October 18, 12 PM SLT

8. Adjourned:


***
Lyubov's statements and questions to 5.B., October 3, 2020:

"Questions to consider:
- How do we rate the success of the Stella project?

- What has the actual occupancy level been?

- What could we do better?

- Is a village concept “the best and highest use” of the property?

A compelling feature of these villages is often a “street wall” of varied and colorful facades. In NFS, the Platz and newly densified areas share some of this character, as well as the quay buildings in Stella.

- While considering the economic impact of holding these parcels off of the market for any extended period, what can be done in a short period of time to promote the development of the area by individual parcel owners in the direction we seek?

- Specifically, without guidance, I would expect a parcel owner to drop a square prefab on a parcel and perhaps add some landscaping, similar to what we have already seen in these and other nearby parcels. Can public landscaping and infrastructure help direct organic development?

- Do we regulate this to some degree through zoning requirements such as a “build to line” and “floor area ratio”?

I do not know these answers either, but I would suggest that we consider the desired end state, what we can accomplish in a relatively short period of time, and what structures, both physical and regulatory, we can put in place to encourage the desired outcomes by future parcel owners.

[...]

The next RA meeting is on Tuesday 6 October. I anticipate subsequent RA meetings to be on 20 October and 3 November. The current Transparent Region Development Guidelines require a ten day public posting period.
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”