Oct. 28, 2018 Transcript

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1821
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 am
Location: west-coast Canada

Oct. 28, 2018 Transcript

Post by Rosie Gray »

[12:02] Rosie Gray: did you see the Agenda?
[12:02] Rosie Gray: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11ZH ... iLLdg/edit
[12:02] Sudane Erato: i looked at it
[12:02] Sudane Erato: oh... thx
[12:02] Rosie Gray: okay ?
[12:02] Rosie Gray: sorry I have to leave so soon :(
[12:03] Sudane Erato: np :)
[12:03] Sudane Erato: life... :)
[12:03] Rosie Gray: while we're waiting for Delia
[12:03] Sudane Erato: btw
[12:03] Sudane Erato: I put the special notecards in the densified tierboxes
[12:04] Sudane Erato: but
[12:04] Rosie Gray: oh did you?
[12:04] Sudane Erato: I didn't know how to alert this committee
[12:04] Sudane Erato: so
[12:04] Rosie Gray: aah
[12:04] Sudane Erato: I'm telling us now :)
[12:04] Rosie Gray: works for me!
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:04] Sudane Erato: feedback appreciated
[12:04] Rosie Gray: can one of you take the transcription for this meeting?
[12:04] Sudane Erato: I called the parcels Value-Added Parcels :)
[12:05] Rosie Gray: oh nice!
[12:05] Tanoujin Milestone: where to post the transcript?
[12:05] Sudane Erato: i'll try to take the transcript... it screws up on me often :(
[12:05] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you Sudane
[12:05] Rosie Gray: seems that the last one was posted on the forums, but I don't think we have to do that
[12:06] Rosie Gray shrugs
[12:06] Rosie Gray: maybe we can get started since I have to leave so soon
[12:06] Rosie Gray: calling the meeting to order
[12:06] Sudane Erato: but there's no forum for this committee... right?
[12:06] Rosie Gray: yes there is
[12:06] Sudane Erato: oh!
[12:06] Rosie Gray: hehe
[12:06] Rosie Gray: but seems in the past mostly it's not been used
[12:07] Tanoujin Milestone: let us post it, transparency is always good
[12:07] Sudane Erato: well... if its used it will show up red, and I'll read it :)
[12:07] Sudane Erato: sure
[12:07] Rosie Gray nods
[12:07] Rosie Gray: so, A. re the RA request
[12:07] Sudane Erato: i see it now
[12:07] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:07] Rosie Gray: RA request: Neufreistadt covenant - create an updated version of the covenant to reflect the densified prefab housing to present to the RA for consideration. (Tanoujin)
There was a motion last meeting to “Densify and anchor all private parcels in the inner city, either with the agreement of current owners, or as parcels become available and builders have time.” Tanoujin was to start a new document that can be reviewed.
[12:08] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, got that on the drive
[12:08] Rosie Gray: I know we ended up changing the entire thing to 'inside the walls of NFS'
[12:08] Sudane Erato: i can't post to that forum tho
[12:08] Tanoujin Milestone: NFS COvenant proposal, page 2 and 3
[12:08] Rosie Gray: when we talked last time
[12:08] Rosie Gray: oh... if you email it to me afterwards I can post it
[12:09] Sudane Erato: ok
[12:09] Tanoujin Milestone: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b1P ... cg6Tk/edit
[12:09] Tanoujin Milestone: page 2 and 3
[12:09] Rosie Gray: oh good, thanks Tan
[12:09] Tanoujin Milestone: yvw
[12:09] Tanoujin Milestone: i tried to keep it simple
[12:10] Sudane Erato: lol :)
[12:10] Sudane Erato: a Fach ?
[12:10] Sudane Erato: hehe
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: heard that quite often
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: do we pronounce it lile F&%$k?
[12:11] Rosie Gray: maybe for our documents we shouldn't abbreviate though?
[12:11] Sudane Erato: a cursory reading looks great!
[12:11] Sudane Erato: haha... i hope not :)
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: maybe we read it until next time
[12:11] Sudane Erato: yes
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: and discuss then?
[12:12] Rosie Gray: yes sure ?
[12:12] Sudane Erato: sure
[12:12] Rosie Gray: okay let's move on then
[12:12] Rosie Gray: RA request: Create a manual for the densified houses that can be given to new owners. (Sudane)
[12:12] Sudane Erato: kk
[12:13] Sudane Erato: i guess i can adopt the notecard in the tierbox
[12:13] Rosie Gray: I guess strictly speaking this needs to be approved by the RA
[12:13] Sudane Erato: ok
[12:13] Tanoujin Milestone: yes. Has been done last time
[12:13] Tanoujin Milestone: approved as given in the forums
[12:13] Rosie Gray nods
[12:14] Sudane Erato: ok... but someone should read what i've done and approve it... or suggest mods
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: if there are minor changes we approve it right away next time
[12:14] Sudane Erato: sure
[12:14] Rosie Gray nods
[12:14] Rosie Gray: can you share the NC with us, Sudane?
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: i will get the version you stuffed into the boxes sudane
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: or you share it, yes :)
[12:14] Sudane Erato: ok good
[12:14] Delia Lake entered draw distance (91.63 m).
[12:14] Rosie Gray: or that
[12:14] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:14] Sudane Erato: anyone can get the info version
[12:14] Rosie Gray: okay let's do that
[12:14] Rosie Gray makes a note
[12:15] Sudane Erato: you have to buy a parcel to get the Welcome version
[12:15] Rosie Gray: hi Delia
[12:15] Tanoujin Milestone: Hey Delia :)
[12:15] Delia Lake: Hi. so sorry. I have complications today also
[12:15] Sudane Erato: I could have Rudeen drop copies on everyone
[12:15] Rosie Gray nods
[12:15] Sudane Erato: hi! :)
[12:15] Rosie Gray: maybe that would be best Sudane, thank you
[12:15] Tanoujin Milestone: i#d appreciate that, yes
[12:15] Sudane Erato: ok... will do
[12:15] Rosie Gray: Covenant enforcement (Sudane) Last meeting we decided that 2 guild members should inspect a building. We didn’t develop a system for doing this.
[12:15] Sudane Erato: if I forget... where do i find a list of members?
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: let us name them here, so you have it in the transcript
[12:16] Rosie Gray: ummmm... on an email? it's just the 4 of us plus Kyoko and Ranma
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: yes
[12:16] Sudane Erato: oh... ok... good
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: Delia, Rosie, Sudane, Tan, Kyoko, Ranma
[12:16] Sudane Erato: perfect/// thx
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:16] Rosie Gray: ?
[12:17] Rosie Gray: so Covenant Enforcement
[12:17] Sudane Erato: yes
[12:17] Rosie Gray: for inspecting new builds... guess we need to have a system
[12:17] Delia Lake: if we are going to enforce covenants, we have to make them very clear for people
[12:17] Sudane Erato: agreed
[12:18] Sudane Erato: but we've spent an awful lot of effort making the text clear
[12:18] Rosie Gray: yes I think that the covenants themselves are quite clear
[12:18] Rosie Gray: it's getting people to read them that's the problem :(
[12:18] Sudane Erato: yeah
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: Lilith suggested a trivia to me lately, lol
[12:18] Sudane Erato: is there any way to make it easier?
[12:18] Delia Lake: yes
[12:19] Rosie Gray: I used to directly ask new people if they've read them
[12:19] Sudane Erato: like... having a touch point that opens your browser to a page with it?
[12:19] Rosie Gray: and if not, given them the URL link
[12:19] Rosie Gray: but would we have to put that on every parcel?
[12:19] Rosie Gray: that would seem excessive to me
[12:20] Sudane Erato: we could add that script to the tierboxes
[12:20] Sudane Erato: so when you touch, you get two messages
[12:20] Sudane Erato: one is the casper message
[12:20] Sudane Erato: and the other the url of the covenant
[12:21] Sudane Erato: we've done that before... for other reasons
[12:21] Sudane Erato: i think
[12:21] Rosie Gray: well that would seem like a good idea
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: sounds good to me, yes
[12:21] Sudane Erato: that way you could hardly miss :)
[12:21] Rosie Gray: so let's say we have that going
[12:21] Delia Lake: yes
[12:21] Rosie Gray: and someone new purchases a parcel
[12:22] Rosie Gray: they put down a building... and they don't notify anyone
[12:22] Sudane Erato: someone has to go look
[12:22] Rosie Gray: I guess the simpliest thing is to make sure when someone new purchases... we all get notices about that
[12:22] Rosie Gray: is we go and look
[12:23] Sudane Erato: but someone has to have that as a duty
[12:23] Sudane Erato: or
[12:23] Sudane Erato: we'll always think that someone else is doing it
[12:23] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:23] Sudane Erato: :(
[12:23] Rosie Gray: well it's not an onerous task really, since we don't have THAT many new people purchasing
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: add it to the EM duties and document it in the EM spreadsheet?
[12:24] Sudane Erato: yes...
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: but we want the guild to inspect... hm
[12:24] Rosie Gray: sounds like a good idea Tan
[12:24] Delia Lake: yes. I walk around NFS often so checking that region is not a burden at all
[12:24] Sudane Erato: i presume that we're not ammenable to doing it like in New England, where you are REQUIRED to get approval first?
[12:25] Rosie Gray: how would we enforce that, Sudane?
[12:25] Sudane Erato: with loud notices threatening removal
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: hehehe
[12:25] Sudane Erato: in the For Sale sign
[12:25] Sudane Erato: the covenant
[12:25] Sudane Erato: multiple messages
[12:26] Sudane Erato: most people comply readily
[12:26] Delia Lake: requred first on some parcels in the NFS valley would be difficult as some of the parcels are sloped and hard to fit the build if not on the plot
[12:26] Sudane Erato: but
[12:26] Sudane Erato: it means everything has to be approved
[12:26] Sudane Erato: Delia, true
[12:27] Rosie Gray: there are a lot of parcels not in NFS that are sloped too
[12:27] Sudane Erato: yep
[12:27] Tanoujin Milestone: i do not get the problem?
[12:27] Delia Lake: we have 2 basic issues regarding covenants and builds. 1. is that the build doesn't fit the theme
[12:27] Delia Lake: 2. is that the quality of build is poor
[12:27] Rosie Gray: much harder for non-builders to put a prefab down on a really sloped parcel and make it fit in
[12:28] Sudane Erato: yeah
[12:28] Tanoujin Milestone: and if we approve in situ?
[12:28] Sudane Erato: especially since they have no terra rights
[12:28] Rosie Gray nods
[12:28] Tanoujin Milestone: like "put it there and call us"
[12:28] Sudane Erato: approve in situ is much psychologically harder
[12:28] Rosie Gray: yes would need to be something like that
[12:28] Tanoujin Milestone: ic, Sudane
[12:29] Rosie Gray: agreed, but if you approve it floating in the air and then they do a terrible job of placing it?
[12:29] Tanoujin Milestone: upside down for example, )
[12:29] Sudane Erato: well, we help them place it
[12:29] Sudane Erato: lol :))
[12:29] Rosie Gray: massive prim underneath that doesn't blend into the landscape
[12:29] Sudane Erato: yeah :(
[12:29] Rosie Gray: which seems to be the go-to for a lot of people
[12:29] Sudane Erato: yep
[12:30] Sudane Erato: and looks ridiculous
[12:30] Rosie Gray: yep
[12:30] Sudane Erato: well... when i brought this topic up, i said it wouldn't be easy
[12:30] Sudane Erato: so maybe we should just keep thinking
[12:30] Rosie Gray: I think we need to make it a consistent requirement over all of the regions
[12:30] Rosie Gray: whatever we do
[12:30] Sudane Erato: agreed
[12:30] Sudane Erato: totally
[12:31] Delia Lake: yes, that would help
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: if approvement has two phases: we look at it floating, first okay. The we ask them to put it and watch second okay. and maybe help if possible
[12:32] Delia Lake: within the city walls of NFS we have 2 buildings that shouldn't be there. 1 is Andromeda's implausable fachwerk skyscraper and the other is Han's (not sure this comment should be in minutes, lol)
[12:32] Sudane Erato: concept is good Tan
[12:32] Sudane Erato: Han's is removed
[12:32] Sudane Erato: i own that parcel now... its my next project
[12:32] Rosie Gray: Han's is gone
[12:32] Delia Lake: I though it was missing. ok
[12:32] Delia Lake: so technically we have no chancellor right now?
[12:33] Sudane Erato: after i finish 940 talenstrasse
[12:33] Rosie Gray: no, we have Han
[12:33] Sudane Erato: oh, did Han resign?
[12:33] Sudane Erato: yeah
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: nono
[12:33] Rosie Gray: no she didn't resign
[12:33] Sudane Erato: right
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: she stepped back from candidacy
[12:33] Delia Lake: does she own property anymore?
[12:33] Sudane Erato: and she has other land
[12:33] Sudane Erato: yers
[12:33] Delia Lake: ok
[12:34] Sudane Erato: is the fachwerk tower still there?
[12:34] Sudane Erato: i don't recall it
[12:34] Rosie Gray: yes it is
[12:34] Delia Lake: yes
[12:34] Sudane Erato: oh :(
[12:34] Rosie Gray: with it's full bright foundation
[12:34] Delia Lake: it has been there for years now
[12:34] Sudane Erato: well... at some point i'll ask her if she'd like a replacement
[12:35] Delia Lake: thank you, Sudane!
[12:35] Sudane Erato: she gets a lot of prims that way :)
[12:35] Sudane Erato: hehe...
[12:35] Rosie Gray: yes
[12:35] Rosie Gray: hopefully she will take you up on it
[12:35] Sudane Erato: Rosie... you ok?
[12:36] Sudane Erato: 35
[12:36] Rosie Gray: ah yes... thanks
[12:36] Rosie Gray: was watching the clock, and I do have to go
[12:36] Sudane Erato: ok :)
[12:36] Sudane Erato: thx! :)
[12:36] Rosie Gray: thanks
[12:36] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Rosie!
[12:36] Delia Lake: thanks Rosie, bye
[12:36] Sudane Erato: bye!
[12:36] Rosie Gray: see you all tomorrow I hope
[12:36] Rosie Gray: bye!
[12:36] Tanoujin Milestone: yes :D
[12:36] Rosie Gray is offline.
[12:37] Rosie Gray left draw distance.
[12:37] Object: Rosie Gray is offline!
[12:37] Sudane Erato: well
[12:37] Tanoujin Milestone stares at the Agenda
[12:38] Sudane Erato: yeah... me too
[12:38] Sudane Erato: consistency of region styles?
[12:38] Sudane Erato: i forget the substance there
[12:38] Delia Lake: consistency in terms of land textures
[12:38] Delia Lake: so that we don't have ugly transitions
[12:38] Sudane Erato: that was the next topic
[12:39] Tanoujin Milestone: it is Kyokos topic - I move to table it until she is back again
[12:39] Sudane Erato: ok
[12:39] Sudane Erato: good
[12:39] Sudane Erato: next is the one Delia is sapying
[12:39] Delia Lake: if we can't make them smooth then we need to put features over the edges, and yes table Kyoko's
[12:39] Tanoujin Milestone: Land tex flow.... okay I got it now, soryy
[12:39] Sudane Erato: thats more of a techie and math problem
[12:40] Sudane Erato: well, Rosie has tried to do that along the MON/LA border
[12:40] Delia Lake: it is, Sudane. You, Rosie and I have wrestled with it a number of times, and still must
[12:40] Sudane Erato: to some success
[12:40] Sudane Erato: i agree
[12:40] Delia Lake: yes, the rock ridges
[12:40] Sudane Erato: its not perfect
[12:40] Delia Lake: better than an ugly line
[12:40] Sudane Erato: yes!
[12:40] Tanoujin Milestone: i have a comment
[12:41] Sudane Erato: we should publish the settings chart... and the conceptual list of textures
[12:41] Sudane Erato: ok
[12:41] Tanoujin Milestone: i believe most important is the textures blend on east /west axis
[12:42] Sudane Erato: why?
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: the north South will always be a compromise, I believe
[12:42] Sudane Erato: yes... but still important
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: because it is different levels of height
[12:42] Sudane Erato: thats true
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: NFS FS
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: one level. and so forth
[12:42] Sudane Erato: your're right
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: just to prioritize
[12:43] Sudane Erato: thats true
[12:43] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks, done
[12:43] Sudane Erato: but we've done that fairly successfully
[12:43] Delia Lake: that makes sense
[12:43] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:43] Sudane Erato: thats just a matter of matching settingbvs while using the same textures for both sims
[12:43] Sudane Erato: butthe prob is
[12:44] Sudane Erato: when you need to change textures in adj sims
[12:44] Sudane Erato: which we MUST do going north/south
[12:44] Delia Lake: yes
[12:45] Sudane Erato: hmmm..
[12:45] Sudane Erato: i wonder
[12:45] Delia Lake: matching the southeast of one with the northwest of anoter
[12:45] Sudane Erato: what if we did not
[12:45] Sudane Erato: what if we did use the same in all six
[12:45] Sudane Erato: no sand in the north
[12:45] Sudane Erato: and
[12:45] Delia Lake: right. no sand in the north
[12:45] Sudane Erato: relied entirely on prim beaches for our sand
[12:46] Delia Lake: and more snow in the north
[12:46] Sudane Erato: maybe if we did that
[12:46] Sudane Erato: yes
[12:46] Sudane Erato: we COULD actually use identical texs in all 6
[12:46] Tanoujin Milestone: interesting approach!
[12:46] Delia Lake: we could actually do that on the beach. the beach of LA closest to the water is prim already
[12:46] Sudane Erato: yeah, exactly
[12:46] Sudane Erato: and they look really nice
[12:47] Sudane Erato: if we use identical texes
[12:47] Sudane Erato: the prob is solved... we just need to do the math
[12:47] Delia Lake: I think that's worth a try
[12:47] Sudane Erato: and exactly match every corner
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: i am all for it
[12:47] Sudane Erato: Delia, would you be willing to try?
[12:47] Delia Lake: yes
[12:48] Sudane Erato: or should we ask Rosie?
[12:48] Sudane Erato: great!
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:48] Delia Lake: 4 eyes are better than 2 imo. I'll see if Rosie and I can do it together
[12:48] Delia Lake: we've done others together
[12:48] Sudane Erato: so for any given season... only 4 texs for the entire estate
[12:48] Delia Lake: yes
[12:48] Sudane Erato: perfect! :)
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:49] Sudane Erato: this should be interesting
[12:49] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:50] Sudane Erato: ok
[12:50] Sudane Erato: next?
[12:50] Tanoujin Milestone: sorry, have to go in 10 minnutes, my mate asked me to help with a mice gender study to prevent overpopulation of her former sleeping room...
[12:50] Sudane Erato: lol :)
[12:50] Delia Lake: lol!
[12:50] Sudane Erato: and Delia is busy too?
[12:50] Sudane Erato: ?
[12:51] Delia Lake: yes I should be popping in to a community event that I didn't know about when we scheduled this
[12:51] Sudane Erato: well... guess we should suspend here
[12:51] Sudane Erato: maybe start at this point in the list next mtg?
[12:52] Tanoujin Milestone: short but fruitful
[12:52] Sudane Erato: rtather than the beginning?
[12:52] Sudane Erato: yes!
[12:52] Tanoujin Milestone: i would be fine with that, Sudane
[12:53] Delia Lake: I would also
[12:53] Tanoujin Milestone: i believe next meeting is fixed per doodle already?
[12:53] Delia Lake: I don't remember
[12:53] Delia Lake: I don't remember
[12:53] Delia Lake: do you know when?
[12:53] Sudane Erato: yes, i think Rosie scheduled something
[12:54] Sudane Erato: and i've successfully captured the transcript
[12:54] Delia Lake: thank you, Sudane
[12:55] Sudane Erato: so... until next time :)
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: next time is Nov 10 at noon
[12:55] Sudane Erato: great :)
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: a saturday
[12:56] Delia Lake: I can't make that time. I have an all day work related rl meeting that saturday
[12:56] Tanoujin Milestone: oh :(
[12:56] Sudane Erato: well, maybe Rosie can determine an alt

Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”