1-26, LUC Meeting Minutes

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

1-26, LUC Meeting Minutes

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission-Minutes
Sunday, January 26, 2020
LUC members present: Rosie Gray - chairperson - Delia Lake, Sudane Erato, Mizou Vavoom
LUC members absent: Pip Torok, Cathy Sabre
Guests: Lyubov, Almut Brunswick

1. Call to order: Rosie Gray 10:10

2. Approve agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vIq ... lVlTA/edit
at 10:17

3. Approval of last meeting Minutes - No minutes available.

4. Old business:

A: Alpine Meadow upgrade:
- proposed upgrade was posted by Lilith on the forum with no objections. Already approved by Chancellor Emilia.
- Re-parcelling of large parcel: it needs a drawing to illustrate the idea and discuss them (item for next meeting)
- Rosie will 'have a stab' at drawings, post it, share them for feedback on the G-docs
- Rosie will work on re-parcelling of the 4 mews and the sim side adjustments
- Sudane to put down (mesh) windy, narrow dirt tracks so as to'enhance the rural feel'
- Getting rid of steps in the roadway between Mexana Monica and Tor's parcel - so motor vehicles don't break their axels - which will create an extremely steep road issue, if left without terraforming and re-arranging parcels (item for next meeting)

B: Locus Amoenus waterfront bridge adjustments (Sudane & Cathy)
- Sudane and Cathy discussed it a few times, Cathy did a drawing, which slightly moved the bridge
- Cathy was to re-draw a platz modification with no bridge movement
- Sudane is waiting for Cathy to re-surface to continue this project (item to table until Cathy re-surfaces)
Motion to table Locus Amoenus waterfront bridge adjustments until Cathy has time to spend on it moved: Sudane second - voted by Rosie, Mizou, Sudane, Delia.

C: Map of public spaces, what they are intended for and how people can register to use them (Delia)
- Delia is working on this project and nearly finished creating a list of public spaces, Pip to help Delia with this list
- AM is the only sim with no public spaces
- Delia thinks there should be a sign in the Rathaus, CDS Offices of each region, the forum, the website, with pictures and SLurls
- Rosie was thinking "that we could ask everyone in the CDS group to submit photos of those spaces, and perhaps offer some kind of prize for the best ones, but something that might inspire some of the good SL photographers in our group, as a way to engage people that don't get involved with politics or building."

D: Monastery Sim
- Tan is paying for it now and for the next 3 months
- Lilith is creating a new Monastery ruin in Sudane's workshop and the plan is to make it into a Monastery nightclub - for 3 months - and if succesful it could be for longer
Motion to table the Monastery project from the LUC agenda: Mizou second - voted by Sudane, Mizou, Delia, Rosie

5. New business:
A: Update from members:
- Delia:
* Spring to start from Valentine's day with some snow drops, crocuses and a few early tulips
* LUC (Delia) to consult with the Chancellor this week

- Mizou:
* admitted to be in 'a very dry inspiration period' for her current rebuild of a Cardo building
* Rosie suggested that maybe she could work something easier, for example on the three bridges that need to be redone, see the LUC, Alpine Meadow review from Sept, 2019 - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4U ... z5QO8/edit#
* Mizou agreed to start working on these bridges

- Sudane:
* Sudane is working on the two builds in North West Colonia Nova and the two temples - some progress has been done
* Sudane did the census mechanism project
* When the above two are done, she will continue densifying NFS in the walls

- Rosie:
* Schloss: Rosie is almost done adding normal and specular maps to the Schloss build
* It adds an amazing amount of depth to build
* To do: make mesh steps to replace the sculpty ones that lead up to the ballroom
* Rosie also wants to make a couple of Fachwerks to use as backups, to replace along the platz as parcels become available and include a couple of murals (Luftmalerei) on them

B: Update from others attending
- Almut:

* She is planning to create mesh fachwerk houses based on templates from her RL place in Northern Germany in the city of Braunschweig where there are still a number of nice Fachwerk houses, one to replace her shop in NFS. To be approved by the LUC before placing.

- Lyubov:
* Commented on the projects that were in discussion today
* She had a good observation about the Monastery new ruin: "It might be good for Lilith's new ruin to be on, or easily adapted to, public land, so that if the time comes to reparcel the main Monastery parcel, the ruin remains in a sustainable public space."

6. Next Meeting: February 9, 2020 - 10 AM slt
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400

Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”