Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

GMP2008 Survey Results

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hello everyone,

We stopped the survey machines yesterday, so as not to make any possible confusion with the voting booths.
The Survey was up therefore for almost a month, inworld and in the GMP blog, in which about 1/3 of the citizens replied.

I am publishing here both a resumed table of the results,

as also the raw data if anyone is interested to study correlations.

Last edited by Gwyneth Llewelyn on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broken image link; sadly, I cannot fix the XLS link, you'll have to ask Moon for it if you wish...
Eudaimonia now!
symokurka
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: GMP2008 Survey Results

Post by symokurka »

Despite the silence that surrounds this survey I'll try to highlight ONE key point.

I notice that most of Locus Amoenus reservations are made by ppl who already are CDS citizens. We are not able to attract new people.
Why?...

Immigration trends follow a simple rule. People come to a region either looking 1) for a job 2) for aducation 3) for political reasons 4) for leisure. They first come temporarily, they get back if they are satisfied with what they find, and at the end of this process, when they feel confident, they settle permanently. This is a general rule in RL which should work in SL too.

Now if CDS citizens' survey is a small sample of SL population, what they look for (and do not find here) is: fun, entertainment, education, arts and concerts (they want more RL artists involved, eg). They do find enough political stuff, (and they like it), they are not interested in shopping nor in making money in our community.

I therefore think that one of the priorities of our next government is organizing MORE entertainment (in a more regular way). We have enough space, we do not have enough activities. And one of the things i would add now in General Master Plan is a Sim (or part) dedicated to such activities in each cluster. I have in mind at least three examples of Sims of this kind with a HIGH number of visitors. Tropicana Salsa Ballroom (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Delicious/165/68/401), Kaiya Islands (http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Wild% ... /65/183/34) and Fermi University Sandbox (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Fermi/160/177/23). Have a look.

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

symokurka wrote:

Despite the silence that surrounds this survey I'll try to highlight ONE key point.

I notice that most of Locus Amoenus reservations are made by ppl who already are CDS citizens. We are not able to attract new people.
Why?...

I'd argue that CDS citizens are pretty much the only ones who are aware that reservations for LA are available. And I'd also note that there are many other places where someone who is looking to settle on a parcel right now could simply walk right in and buy rather than waiting until September 1.

If you want more non-CDS citizens making reservations, you have to publicize it outside of CDS. I'll note that according to the "views" statistics in our forums, not even all CDS citizens read the forums, so it's unlikely that many non-citizens are doing so. Throw a party with a hot performer, put out the word by publicizing the party in the SL calendar and make sure everyone who comes knows what the party's about. Might have to do that several times to get a good response, but I think it would help....if that's what we're really after.

Cindy

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

I tend to agree with Cindy, though to answer Symo's questions, historically all our sims are always half filled at first by citizens, who generelly set their old homes for sale. So you actually get the influx of new citizens - you just don't get a sim full of new citizens, but several sims full of oldnies and newbies. In terms of demographics, i don't find this negative - oldbies will help newbies get settled, etc.

It is true that atm the only promotion done about Locus Amoenus is targetting CDS residents and CdS visitors - at every sim there's a visible booth with information about Locus Amoenus. So Cindy is right - throw in a party or tow to promote the sim and you may get new prospects. Also, do not forget that one of the first tasks done in the sim is the parcelling of the sim - this means that plots can be speedily put up to sale, and they, of course, join the general list of land for sale in SL.

Eudaimonia now!
symokurka
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by symokurka »

If you want more non-CDS citizens making reservations

Not only. My main concern for the future is DIVERSIFYING ACTIVITIES IN OUR SIMS and DIVERSIFYING SOURCES OF REVENUE IN OUR BUDGET (see http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1940). Our main activity here in CDS seems to be political struggle (let's say so) aimed mainly to power in itself. I may be wrong, but all these energies could be better spent in struggle for ideas and projects to become real in world for our community.

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rose Springvale »

YES! i wish we had all the energy spent negatively in this community and could turn it in to positive action.

I would love to host a party publicizing LA. Symo, if you will make a map that i can display in world. I believe this can be done for no or low cost with volunteer entertainers (ahem cindy) and reach out to our most likely set of purchasers, our current friends. I'd propose a concert in Inspiration park and exhibit in the U & S offices... as the new sim will be our neighbors. Maybe even some of the roman frescoes that are being prepared. We do know how to have fun in CDS!

Lets set a date, or series of dates over the next couple of weeks.

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Rose Springvale wrote:

YES! i wish we had all the energy spent negatively in this community and could turn it in to positive action.

I would love to host a party publicizing LA. Symo, if you will make a map that i can display in world. I believe this can be done for no or low cost with volunteer entertainers (ahem cindy) and reach out to our most likely set of purchasers, our current friends. I'd propose a concert in Inspiration park and exhibit in the U & S offices... as the new sim will be our neighbors. Maybe even some of the roman frescoes that are being prepared. We do know how to have fun in CDS!

Lets set a date, or series of dates over the next couple of weeks.

Hey, I'm in! I'll be in-world but unable to stream live August 2-10, but should be able to find a good date outside of that time. I bet Alex and Naftali would play too -- it'll be nice and low-key and pleasant! Kind of a "mini acoustic folk fest"...we could even publicize it that way, and if we run it over 3 or 4 hours, it could attract a fair number of non-citizens to see what's going on.

Cindy

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rose Springvale »

now that sounds like fun, but i think we should not wait for august! How about Friday? :)

I'll send some queries out... Symo, can you do a map for us? Maybe one that will open to the LA reservation page so people can sign up?

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”