Honoured

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Honoured

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

As those who know me will have noted, I've tended to keep a low profile lately. I log in to SL from time to time to pay tier and I've caught up with old friends now and then. When the Rathaus renovation was under discussion I quietly logged in and checked out the old building and the new one (the new one is a fine replacement and the acknowledgement of Kendra Bancroft's contribution was sensitively done).

The other day I took notice of the email about the elections and voted once more in our Representative Assembly elections. I've done this in every election that we have run (and every RL election too). It's something I see as a civic duty and it's a large part of our raison d'être. Then I thought "why not check out the forums?" - which I also do to keep an eye on what's going on in our little virtual community.

Well, I was intrigued when I saw from the Minutes that the RA had decided to award the Order of Anzere to a number of citizens. So I clicked on the Transcript to find out who the lucky recipients were, to see this:

"[11:49] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I motion to award Delia LAke, Callipygian Christensen, Lilith Ivory, Arria Perault, Jon Seattle, Pip Torok, Sonja Strom, and Patroklus Murakami membership in the Order of Anzere."

Well, that was quite a surprise! I was thrilled to see so many deserving citizens put forward and humbled to be in such company.

This was a lovely initiative to revive a tradition we have let lapse a bit in recent years. It has completely made my day and I can't tell you how much it means to me to even have been thought of in connection with such an honour.

It's another reminder of what a strong culture we have developed over our history. We are, and have always been, a relatively small community in a part of cyberspace which only occasionally registers in the mainstream consciousness. But we have a culture and a history that would rival many a real world nation. It is wonderful to be a part of that.

Thank you so much, this was such a lovely thing to do and so unexpected.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Honoured

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Congratulations! I hope we will see you around more often. I have a feeling I should be picking your pockets for some things to display in the history museum! :D

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

I, for one, celebrate all of the people named for the Order of Anzere award. Each one, has brought something unique and special to CDS. Congratulations Pat!

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

And Delia Lake, Callipygian Christensen, Lilith Ivory, Arria Perault, Jon Seattle, Pip Torok, Sonja Strom. I look at the list of people and realize just how special SL and CDS is to be able to place people in an historical context, but also at the personal level to call them friends and colleagues.

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Also I am deeply honoured and moved.
Thank you very much to everyone who has supported this.
~ + ~
Congratulations to everyone else given this wonderful award, with which I am in complete agreement!

Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Congratulations on your award to Delia Lake, Callipygian Christensen, Lilith Ivory, Arria Perault, Jon Seattle, Pip Torok, Sonja Strom, Patroklus and Cadence. :D

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Widget Whiteberry
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Widget Whiteberry »

Allow me to add my congratulations, too.

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Arria Perreault »

Wonderful surprise today ! I warmly thank the members of the RA for honoring me. Of course, I congratulate the other recipients. All are dear friends and fellows.
CDS has been and remains an important part of my life. I learned a lot from it. I met amazing people there. The CDS also gave me the opportunity to create a place open to all and to all initiatives.
Astonishingly I was the LRA of the RA who created the Order of Anzère. Our idea was to create a decoration to reward exceptional contributions to our community. I did not expect to receive it one day. Also, I'm not sure I really deserve it. But if I accept it with pleasure, it is mainly to share it with all the members of our community and especially with those who have helped me in my various projects.

Pip Torok
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Pip Torok »

"A man is judged by the company he keeps" ...

And so, new to SL and in 2007, I felt honoured to find myself the then-newest citizen in the then-new CDS ...

I feel doubly honoured now.

And, if ever I feel inclined to lambast myself, for reasons good or bad, I'll remember today.

So, friends and colleagues all, thank you ..... :oops:

Pip Torok

Ranma Tardis
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Ranma Tardis »

I am grateful to Patroklus Murakami for his contributions to the CDS. It was an honor to vote for him and the others to recieve the award.

As a citizen of the CDS, I am grateful for all of your help to me during my diffucult times. You have been a role model to me.

Bravo Zulu!

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

Mizou Vavoom wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 1:57 am

Congratulations on your award to Delia Lake, Callipygian Christensen, Lilith Ivory, Arria Perault, Jon Seattle, Pip Torok, Sonja Strom, Patroklus and Cadence. :D

Hi Mizou. I was not one of the award winners!!

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

I have some questions concerning the ceremony:
Will it take place during the inauguration ball?
Who will be in charge to take the lead? Gaius, are you ready to do that?
Are we going to send official invitations to the award winners?
I am not sure who created the Order of Anzere as an inworld object - who is able to provide the 7 copies we need? (Jon's account seems to be cancelled and I doubt we meet him inworld ever again).
Who is going to create the 8 cards showing the winners in the praetorium? There needs to be some change as well, because the current display will be to small ;)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Good questions, Tan! I too had been wondering if there would be something more "official" take place at the inauguration ball. Certainly there should be more to it than just a group notice? I thought the RA had discussed that a bit, but I'm probably misremembering what I read in the transcript.

It makes sense to me that the parties who voted on all the awards should be the ones to follow up with organizing the official ceremony, etc., but afterward, if it turns out that the display showing all the winners needs to be relocated due to its size, I'd be happy to host them in the new museum.

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Tanoujin Milestone wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 1:11 am

I am not sure who created the Order of Anzere as an inworld object

I thought Moon Adamant made the actual medallion, but found here Gwyneth says it was Rosie Gray:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gwyneth_l ... u5K-asjf7Y

Moon was its first recipient. :wink:

One possibility is, it seems like the CDSarchive avatar Archie might have it.

I also don't know the protocol for this award, but a ceremony at the inauguration ball sounds very nice.

Last edited by Sonja Strom on Sat May 20, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

You are correct, Sonja. I just logged in Archie's account and there is a box in the account's inventory with the medals. :)

Return to “General Discussion”