Call for Candidates for Chancellor and the 41st Representative Assembly

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Call for Candidates for Chancellor and the 41st Representative Assembly

Post by Callipygian »

I thought I had sent this last week, but it appears to have unappeared itself or old age and memory loss is finally catching up with me :/

This is the official call for candidates for the election of Chancellor and the 41st RA.

Quoting a long -time Dean, Delia, who said this so well:

"The day you have been waiting for is finally here! Today is the first day of the week long period when you can declare your candidacy to stand for office in the 41st Term of CDS Government. Can you believe it? This will be the 41st time members of the citizenry of the CDS - me, you, and folks who are our friends and neighbors - have stepped up to volunteer a little time over a 6-month term to continue the good functioning of our representative government. Our government officers are our representatives. Yes, really. We vote and elect our government. This is pretty amazing in any world and very unique in our virtual world!

So now's your chance. Which office interests you? Representative Assembly member? Chancellor? Ask questions of your current government officers in person or here on the Forum. "

If you were listed on the census of April 5th, and have maintained payment of your tier since that date, you are eligible to stand for office.

You can declare your candidacy by sending a no-mod notecard to Callipygian Christensen, Acting Dean of the Scientific Council. Please submit your declaration by midnight on Friday May 3rd.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

Re: Call for Candidates for Chancellor and the 41st Representative Assembly

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

Hello Citizens: you have just 12 more hours to declare your candidacy for Chancellor or one of five seats on the Representative Assembly. You need to send a no-mod notecard to the Dean of the Scientific Counsel, Callipygian Christensen. (go into the properties of your notecard and check off Modify. ). Calli can be reached at secondlife:///app/agent/11faf113-6003-4 ... e251/about. Here is a link to her Forum post with all the information: viewtopic.php?t=10601&sid=5a70bd1fd6d0e ... e1fa6bcb5b

Citizen
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Count me in :)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Count me in too, again, but I do worry that this hasn't been promoted really at all and that a lot of our citizens, especially the new ones, won't even know it is happening.
:(

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Alas! I agree, compared to the Next Party Event (whatever that might be), the General Election deserves little to no attention...
The good news is that at least one of the newer citizens has declared themselves available as a candidate! I'm curious to see if we've got some more...

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Return to “General Discussion”