Oops - election time!

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Oops - election time!

Post by Callipygian »

Somehow the fact that I am acting Dean totally escaped my brain, and as a result the 'hmm..there must be elections coming up soon' thought that wandered through today came as a shock and a wake up call. These dates are being posted now, but I am two weeks late - mea culpa and apologies.

There have been no challenges to either census, both the one for candidacy on Oct 6 or for the right to vote through citizenship taken on Oct 13.

Anyone listed on the census conducted October 6th, and who has maintained their citizenship continually since then, may stand as a candidate for the Representative Assembly or the Chancellorship. You can declare your candidacy in a notecard, sent to me, Callipygian Christensen, stating what position you are declaring candidacy for.

To allow maximum time for people to declare, declarations of candidacy will remain open until midnight SLT on Sunday Nov 5th. I will announce candidates as the notecards are received and will post a full list of candidates on Monday Nov 6.

Polls will open at noon on Saturday Nov 11 and remain open for 168 hours.

Again, my apologies for the delay in posting this. Please consider being part of how CDS goes on maintaining an active democracy here in our virtual world - run for office!

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “General Discussion”