Expansion issues as of March 2009

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Expansion issues as of March 2009

Post by Jamie Palisades »

We have been discussing what our "next moves" will be for CDS growth.
While we are closer to capacity (100% occupancy) in the last few months, there still are persistent economic issues. I expect about five new CDS parcels to come available due to rent defaults shortly, adding to the several (including some long unsold CN land) still available.
While I am still very interested in new expansion (see the NFS East thread) opportunities, we would need to be confident of the marketplace for selling out, in order to make that investment gamble.

For that reason I believe we should, in the next few months, concentrate instead on the two proposals offered to us which include some occupancy assurances (and so reduce the risk to CDS).
One is the Arria Perrault/Virtus plan for an expanded Monastery sim on the slope to the south of Locus Amoenus, The assurance aspect was provided by Virtus' kind offer to support the purchase of the sim and "back up" the rental stream for a period of time.
The other is our opportunity to join with Al Andalus. The assurance aspect there is provided by the demonstrated cash flow from their own admirable occupancy rate.

See the following postings to this thread (also linked above) for more detail.

Regards JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Expansion issues as of March 2009

Post by Moon Adamant »

Jamie Palisades wrote:

For that reason I believe we should, in the next few months, concentrate instead on the two proposals offered to us which include some occupancy assurances (and so reduce the risk to CDS).
One is the Arria Perrault/Virtus plan for an expanded Monastery sim on the slope to the south of Locus Amoenus, The assurance aspect was provided by Virtus' kind offer to support the purchase of the sim and "back up" the rental stream for a period of time.
The other is our opportunity to join with Al Andalus. The assurance aspect there is provided by the demonstrated cash flow from their own admirable occupancy rate.

Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Expansion issues as of March 2009

Post by Moon Adamant »

Jamie Palisades wrote:

Jamie, i totally agree with the emphasis on both options. They are in fact the speediest way to expand this term, since the GMP discussion is bound to take a little yet and consequently the discussion of a new sim plan would be delayed. As for the options we discussed, namely expanding to NFS-East, while it is a dear wish of mine to have that sim, it is a sim that must be planned with extreme care. The Monastery sim will allow us to start to fill the ugly gap in our slope, which is also a priority... so... good work on this! The Guild is ready and waiting for any instructions or requests you'd like to give us. :)

Eudaimonia now!

Return to “Sim and City Planning”