EASTER SUNDAY WORSHIP, Praising Christ's Resurrection in CDS

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: EASTER SUNDAY WORSHIP, Praising Christ's Resurrection in

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Catz Jewell wrote:

Garnet, I am wishing you Love & Light in your life. It must be awful being so miserable all the time. Happy Easter!

That's a cheap knee-jerk reaction of yours, Catz. I am happy. I just hate hypocrites. Christian hypocrites most of all.

JerryDon Lane
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by JerryDon Lane »

Garnet Psaltery wrote:
Catz Jewell wrote:

Garnet, I am wishing you Love & Light in your life. It must be awful being so miserable all the time. Happy Easter!

That's a cheap knee-jerk reaction of yours, Catz. I am happy. I just hate hypocrites. Christian hypocrites most of all.

It was absolutely true.....You harbor a hatred of many people that are different from yourself, Garnet. I have not seen a happy post out of you since I've been on this forum, or for that matter in CDS chat.....and it's especially evident that one's religious beliefs also brings out your bigotry. That is truly sad.......You need to learn to judge people by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin, their gender or their religious beliefs. Those latter characteristics have nothing to do with what kind of person they are.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government — lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. Patrick Henry
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

JerryDon Lane wrote:
Garnet Psaltery wrote:
Catz Jewell wrote:

It was absolutely true.....You harbor a hatred of many people that are different from yourself, Garnet. I have not seen a happy post out of you since I've been on this forum, or for that matter in CDS chat.....and it's especially evident that one's religious beliefs also brings out your bigotry. That is truly sad.......You need to learn to judge people by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin, their gender or their religious beliefs. Those latter characteristics have nothing to do with what kind of person they are.

Jerry, of all the bs you've come out with that has to be the worst. Accusing me of bigotry? Of racism? Of prejudice? You really are talking out of your arse. As for not finding any happy postings - 1) Yes, I have posted positive things but you conveniently don't see them - 2) I post quite a lot of hard responses when the poster deserves them.

Cleo is making much of being a Christian yet fails to explain why I am banned from her shop, or why she refuses to speak to me in local or group chat but still claims the right to IM me when I have expressly told her NO, and I AR her each time she does. She even lies about this. I'm calling her on her hypocrisy. I am not criticising anyone else for attending a Christian service.

Catz is just being your helpmeet. I don't blame her for that but I'm not going to be artificially sweet to her on that account. Both of you could try listening for once, and not just to me.

Now, just stop for a moment and hear what I've been saying, and take your empty accusations of bigotry and put them in the orifice from which you speak.

Catz Jewell
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Catz Jewell »

Garnet, What little you know of me. I have bit my tongue with you till its bled. I am from New Jersey and we are known for telling it like it is, and not holding back. Its the vibe you give off, like you hate everything and everybody. You complain constantly about silly stupid things and maybe you should stop and think how you come across to people. You attacked Jerry from the start without even getting to know the man first. I don't know the circumstances with Cleo, and frankly it's none of my business, but I don't blame her for banning you. I would be sick of it too. There is an old saying, you get more flies with honey then vinegar, try it. I also told you to IM me and Jerry anytime to talk and get to know us, but i have yet to hear from you. We are fun, easy going people. Laugh more Garnet, its good for the soul. Have a great day and I hope to hear from you.

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Catz Jewell wrote:

I also told you to IM me and Jerry anytime to talk and get to know us, but i have yet to hear from you. We are fun, easy going people. Laugh more Garnet, its good for the soul.

You IMd me to say you'd love to speak to me because you thought I'd got Jerry wrong. I disagreed so I left it. You're making assumptions about me, thinking I don't laugh enough. You think I don't know you - well, you patently don't know me. I don't think there's anything more to say.

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Garnet Psaltery wrote:
Catz Jewell wrote:

I also told you to IM me and Jerry anytime to talk and get to know us, but i have yet to hear from you. We are fun, easy going people. Laugh more Garnet, its good for the soul.

You IMd me to say you'd love to speak to me because you thought I'd got Jerry wrong. I disagreed so I left it. You're making assumptions about me, thinking I don't laugh enough. You think I don't know you - well, you patently don't know me. I don't think there's anything more to say.

So you were offered an olive branch and you slapped it away?

Wow, Garnet. That does leave a rather angry and humorless impression. If you are more than that, what's the harm in getting ot know them a little better? They can see your fun loving side and form a better impression?

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

JerryDon Lane
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by JerryDon Lane »

Garnet Psaltery wrote:

Jerry, of all the bs you've come out with that has to be the worst. Accusing me of bigotry? Of racism? Of prejudice? You really are talking out of your arse. As for not finding any happy postings - 1) Yes, I have posted positive things but you conveniently don't see them - 2) I post quite a lot of hard responses when the poster deserves them.

Cleo is making much of being a Christian yet fails to explain why I am banned from her shop, or why she refuses to speak to me in local or group chat but still claims the right to IM me when I have expressly told her NO, and I AR her each time she does. She even lies about this. I'm calling her on her hypocrisy. I am not criticising anyone else for attending a Christian service.

Catz is just being your helpmeet. I don't blame her for that but I'm not going to be artificially sweet to her on that account. Both of you could try listening for once, and not just to me.

Now, just stop for a moment and hear what I've been saying, and take your empty accusations of bigotry and put them in the orifice from which you speak.

You are on record in another thread as supporting an admitted racist/sexist.....Everyone read that Garnet, so please don't try and sugar coat it. You have also openly stated that you wish the Kirshe was not built for Christian people. So your bigotry in the religious area is also quite clear. And lo and behold, here you are trying to trash up yet another thread that was simply an announcement of a small Easter service. Just couldn't have that, could you..... *wink*

Your feelings and beliefs are quite evident to anyone who wishes to read what you write. You are fooling no one.

And you are banned from certain people's properties because they do not want you in there stirring up trouble and spewing your hate as you do on the forums and in CDS chat. No reasonable person who actually reads what you write would blame them for that. I'm surprised you aren't banned from 90% of privately held property in CDS. Perhaps that is forthcoming.

Yes, Cleo is a believer.......so am I.....but if you think that believing in Christianity makes one perfect and therefore no longer subject to human emotion, then you sorely misunderstand even what Christianity is.

Christians are still people subject to the same feelings and emotions as anyone else.....the difference is, that they are forgiven for their shortcomings......

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government — lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. Patrick Henry
Catz Jewell
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Catz Jewell »

Yes I did offer to talk, You ignored me. So..... Im not a fool. I wont ask again, trust me. I have found in my 50 some years that there are people that are just are not worth the time. Negative people have no place in my life or my loved ones. Id watch it though Garnet, Karma is a B****h. Ok Im done.

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

JerryDon Lane wrote:

You are on record in another thread as supporting an admitted racist/sexist

Not for being a racist/sexist, and if this is the reference I think you're making I do not believe the person in question was making such remarks anyway. That is your interpretation solely.

JerryDon Lane wrote:

You have also openly stated that you wish the Kirshe was not built for Christian people. So your bigotry in the religious area is also quite clear.

What I was saying, and pardon me if I overestimated your capacity for comprehension, was that I used to find the Kirche an inclusive building. I felt that its reworking made it less comfortable for non-Christians. That does not in any way justify your accusations of bigotry.

JerryDon Lane wrote:

And lo and behold, here you are trying to trash up yet another thread that was simply an announcement of a small Easter service.

An announcement of a small Easter service is one thing. Blatant hypocrisy is another. Everyone is welcome, are they? It's only the fact that the Kirche is public property that means I could have attended. On Cleo's land I could not. Are you going to accuse Jesus of bigotry because he was forthright in his speech about hypocrites?

JerryDon Lane wrote:

And you are banned from certain people's properties because they do not want you in there stirring up trouble [..] I'm surprised you aren't banned from 90% of privately held property in CDS. Perhaps that is forthcoming.

I've already said I've no intention of visiting Cleo's shop; I wouldn't set foot on any of her parcels. To my knowledge I'm not banned from anyone else's properties but then I don't go round walking over and inspecting other people's parcels as she has been observed to do. Jerry, you'll be very disappointed if you wait for me to be banned from even 50% of parcels, let alone 90%.

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

JerryDon Lane wrote:

You are on record in another thread as supporting an admitted racist/sexist.....

Jerry, I think it is truly sad and pathetic, that on a page announcing an especially holy day in the Christian calendar, you have to bring in your libelous and truly misrepresented statements. The next time you mention this, I will report you. I think any reasoning person comparing what I have said in forum with what you have said would have a hard time attaching the label bigot, racist, or sexist to what I have written, but a rather easy time with your statements.

I will report you next time.

I hope you were able rescue the spirit of the day.

Catz Jewell
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Catz Jewell »

Too bad you ladies didnt go to the church service, It was beautiful and it might have touched your hearts. Jerry did an amazing sermon and chills were felt by all. Colts music was spectacular and you could feel the love. Cadence, I too wish you love and light in your life. Lets stop this bullying please. Today was Easter, A time for forgiveness . Peace be with you 2.

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

Catz Jewell wrote:

Too bad you ladies didnt go to the church service, It was beautiful and it might have touched your hearts. Jerry did an amazing sermon and chills were felt by all. Colts music was spectacular and you could feel the love. Cadence, I too wish you love and light in your life. Lets stop this bullying please. Today was Easter, A time for forgiveness . Peace be with you 2.

I thought it more appropriate to spend the day with my son and husband in rl and not in CDS, and less so with people who have labeled me as heterophobic, sexist, and racist. Love is not just a word, Catz, it is the way you interact with others. And the fact that Jerry, today, in spite of his amazing sermon, has to repeat the same libelous statements about me in this thread dedicated to Easter makes you wonder who is doing the bullying. I haven't even been here in the forum or in CDS the whole week, Catz. No postings from me, I have been out of internet access. I come back this afternoon after an enjoyable day and week with my family, and find an unprovoked libelous statement from Jerry. Who is the troll?

I am done in this thread, saddened that I had to stoop to this level in a thread dedicated to something completely different and spiritual.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Thank you one and all to everyone who attended the Easter Sunday Service in NFS. It was wonderful to have such a lovely crowd of people around 25 in all attended. The service began with an introduction by Colt followed by a prayer. He sang the hymn
“Christ the Lord Has Risen Today”

Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia!

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once he died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where's thy victory, boasting grave? Alleluia!

Then he read :
eading: John 20:1-23

1 Early on Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. 2 She ran and found Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved. She said, “They have taken the Lord’s body out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they have put him!”

3 Peter and the other disciple started out for the tomb. 4 They were both running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. 5 He stooped and looked in and saw the linen wrappings lying there, but he didn’t go in. 6 Then Simon Peter arrived and went inside. He also noticed the linen wrappings lying there, 7 while the cloth that had covered Jesus’ head was folded up and lying apart from the other wrappings. 8 Then the disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in, and he saw and believed— 9 for until then they still hadn’t understood the Scriptures that said Jesus must rise from the dead. 10 Then they went home.

11 Mary was standing outside the tomb crying, and as she wept, she stooped and looked in. 12 She saw two white-robed angels, one sitting at the head and the other at the foot of the place where the body of Jesus had been lying. 13 “Dear woman, why are you crying?” the angels asked her.

“Because they have taken away my Lord,” she replied, “and I don’t know where they have put him.”

14 She turned to leave and saw someone standing there. It was Jesus, but she didn’t recognize him. 15 “Dear woman, why are you crying?” Jesus asked her. “Who are you looking for?”

She thought he was the gardener. “Sir,” she said, “if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and get him.”

16 “Mary!” Jesus said.

She turned to him and cried out, “Rabboni!” (which is Hebrew for “Teacher”).

17 “Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

18 Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, “I have seen the Lord!” Then she gave them his message.

19 That Sunday evening the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders. Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you,” he said. 20 As he spoke, he showed them the wounds in his hands and his side. They were filled with joy when they saw the Lord! 21 Again he said, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.” 22 Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

Colt then sang Amazing Grace while he played guitar.

Then Jerry Don gave a message entitled: “The Resurrection: He's Alive!”

The Kirche was an absolutely beautiful backdrop for this beautiful service. Thank you everyone.

There was talk of having the services more regularly so look for that to happen in the very near future !

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Keep blathering, Cleo. It might drown out the sound of your conscience.

JerryDon Lane
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by JerryDon Lane »

Yes, it worked out to be a beautiful service with everyone participating together to make it happen. The Kirche was packed even with the extra seating that we rezzed down. People were standing outside listening in. I think we need a bigger church!

In any case, thank you all for coming and the many calls to have more frequent church services in CDS did not go unheard. We can make this happen.

Return to “Events in CDS”