A fishing village for Colonia Nova

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Delia Lake
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: A fishing village for Colonia Nova

Post by Delia Lake » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:11 am

In conjunction with the new CN Fishing Village, we have put out a sample walkway/promenade along the massive south city wall. The intent is to soften the look of the wall and provide access to the Fishing Village from the bridge. This is only a sample. The textures, and perhaps design, will be adjusted or changed to fit with being the connector between the ambiance of the Fishing Village and the more formal architecture of the old bridge. Please take a look and see what you think.

Sylvia Tamalyn
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:24 pm

I like it! I've always enjoyed walking across that area to go up the steps to the bridge, so having a more "official" walkway there is good. The little deck area with seating gives a great view up the mountains and is a nice touch. :)
Live every day like it's Taco Tuesday!

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 am

I went to have a look but it seems that most of it isn't there - maybe got returned somehow? I'm wondering about the prim parcels they would be on and what would be the intent re those. Anyway, this can be discussed at the next LUC meeting!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." ~ Socrates

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:50 am

Rosie Gray wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 am
I'm wondering about the prim parcels they would be on and what would be the intent re those. Anyway, this can be discussed at the next LUC meeting!
The vacant prim parcels were re-parceled, and a narrow strip of public land created at the base of the wall. It's on that parcel that the prims for the walkway are intended to be anchored.

Sudane........................
*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg

Delia Lake
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Delia Lake » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:55 pm

The walkway is on that strip parcel and set to LV share. Curious that it's being returned.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”