Transcript of SC meeting, Sat. Jan 12 2019

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Lilith Ivory
Pundit
Pundit
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Transcript of SC meeting, Sat. Jan 12 2019

Post by Lilith Ivory » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Agenda:

Approval of agenda - 5min
Approval of minutes - 5min

Old Business:
1. Election of SC achivist - 5 mins
2. Dates for future elections - 5 min. - 15 min

Administrative:
Next meeting - 5 min
adjourn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[10:08] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Since we're quorate, I call the meeting to order
[10:08] Soro Dagostino: Raises hand.
[10:09] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Yes sir?
[10:10] Soro Dagostino: To let you know I am "here" even if my persoal cam has me sitting on the roof.
[10:10] Callipygian Christensen: we see you floating in front of us LOL
[10:10] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I see you floating in front of everyone
[10:10] Soro Dagostino: Some defect in my programing
[10:10] Soro Dagostino: I have no control.
[10:11] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): as long as you can hear and vote, I suppose that we'll live with the floaty
[10:11] Callipygian Christensen: as long as you can read and type Soro, it's all good :)
[10:12] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): ok, the agenda is in the box
[10:12] Soro Dagostino: Thanks, sorry.
[10:13] Lilith Ivory: I miss the forum admin iussue on the agenda Coop and don´t think we should sweep it under the table
[10:14] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): We're not, I have a proposal but I have been working 60+hour workweeks since before Christmas and we had little actual movement on a plan.
[10:15] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So I'd like to write something up and get something that will make some progress
[10:15] Lilith Ivory: still I think it needs to be on the agenda and if only to be tabled :)
[10:16] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So move to amend the agenda and add the forum issue to old business.
[10:16] Callipygian Christensen: second
[10:17] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): all in favor?
[10:17] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:17] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:19] Callipygian Christensen: Soro is doing the CDS hora
[10:19] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): ok, so changed. revised one is in the box
[10:19] Soro Dagostino: Aye
[10:19] Callipygian Christensen: move to accept the amended agenda
[10:20] Lilith Ivory: I second
[10:20] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): in favor say aye
[10:20] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:20] Soro Dagostino: Aye
[10:20] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): aye
[10:22] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So next is approving the minutes
[10:22] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8773
[10:22] Lilith Ivory raises her hand
[10:23] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Lilith?
[10:23] Lilith Ivory: can we have the agenda posted before the meeting in future? inworld and at the forum?
[10:23] Lilith Ivory: we are supposed to hold public meetings once a month and that means the citizenship needs to be informed there IS a meeting imo
[10:23] Lilith Ivory: done
[10:23] Lilith Ivory misses an inworld note about the meeting is now too
[10:24] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar) raises hand
[10:25] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): It's a valid point.
[10:26] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Just to be fair, I don't know if anyone said this is when all of this has to be done either
[10:27] Callipygian Christensen raises her hand
[10:27] Lilith Ivory: I have to admit I missed telling you about those procedures but was thinking this would be obvious
[10:27] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Calli?
[10:27] Callipygian Christensen: thank you.
[10:28] Callipygian Christensen: All of us sitting today are past Deans, and not one of us can claim to have never missed a posting, or even have managed to hold monthly meetings on schedule
[10:29] Callipygian Christensen: Pointing out the ntice that we are beginning helps most at the start of the meeting - something I totally missed doing also although I'd just spoken of it moments before we started
[10:29] Soro Dagostino: Smile, we all have our stories.
[10:30] Lilith Ivory: I had not been aware we have a meeting today if Calli had not Imd me
[10:30] Callipygian Christensen shrugs. I think we can agree to look at our procedures, I think Lilith you can propose a change to include our posting requirements..
[10:30] Lilith Ivory: yes I will
[10:30] Callipygian Christensen: but for today, I am feeling forgiveness and moving on works best.
[10:31] Lilith Ivory: yes of course , hjust wanted to mention this for the future - as I said
[10:31] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I get it.
[10:32] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Look, when I was Chancellor I got a lot of you should have done x or y, and the answer was if no one tells me or if it isnt written down I don't know.
[10:32] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): You can ask Josie. I'm not psychic.
[10:33] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Anyways...
[10:33] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I'll make it happen next go around.
[10:33] Callipygian Christensen: move to accept the minutes as posted
[10:34] Soro Dagostino: Second
[10:34] Callipygian Christensen: (I think that is where we were)
[10:34] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): yep
[10:34] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): all in favor say aye
[10:34] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:34] Soro Dagostino: Aye
[10:34] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:34] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): aye
[10:35] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So there isn't any new business I know of
[10:35] Lilith Ivory: I can do transcripts in future if you want me too
[10:36] Lilith Ivory: but if you want minuts also I can´t guarantee on that
[10:36] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): If you want to post the transcript, I can cook the minutes
[10:36] Lilith Ivory: perfect :)
[10:36] Lilith Ivory just hates writing minutes
[10:37] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I ddid that format because I felt it was easier to see what happened without plowing through all the chatter
[10:37] Callipygian Christensen: minutes ate the start of a transcript was something we encouraged the RA to do also - its a huge help when researching
[10:38] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): so, that segways into old business
[10:39] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Do we have a nomination for Archivist? :)
[10:39] Lilith Ivory: as I said, I would be willing to do the transcript
[10:39] Callipygian Christensen: Archivist needs to post them to the webpage right?
[10:40] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Yes
[10:40] Callipygian Christensen: Can you post to there as well as the Forum Lilith?
[10:40] Lilith Ivory: not really
[10:41] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): If we can get them on the Forum, we can find out who can report them on the webpage
[10:41] Lilith Ivory: all my RL time allows me would be to post a transcript at the forum
[10:41] Callipygian Christensen: Ill archive - Ill post the completed transcript and minutes
[10:42] Callipygian Christensen: just wont be guaranteed to be within a day or two
[10:42] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): as long as it gets done within a week or so
[10:43] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I think we're all in the RL busy boat
[10:43] Callipygian Christensen: ok
[10:44] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So Liith will post the transcript on the forum, I'll do the minutes, Calli posts on the website
[10:44] Callipygian Christensen nods
[10:44] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): is that agreeable to everyone?
[10:45] Lilith Ivory: I agree
[10:45] Soro Dagostino: Thanks to you all.
[10:45] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): and I can still do transcripts if need be.
[10:46] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Ok, Calli has done the projections for future election dates
[10:46] Soro Dagostino: Carry on folks, I have to take my leave for a few. -- Bio calls.
[10:46] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Roger that
[10:48] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Calli, do you want to speak to that?
[10:48] Callipygian Christensen: Sure
[10:48] Callipygian Christensen: Can you post the URl to your spreadsheet so Kyoko and Emilia can see it. while I type
[10:49] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Yes. Let me dig up the link
[10:50] Callipygian Christensen: Dates for elections are based on the requirement in the Consutution that says voting begins on the Saturday prior to the 16th of the month preceding the month they take office and on the requirement that one be a citizen for more than 28 days to run for office or vote.
[10:50] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
[10:50] Callipygian Christensen: So we go through and post the dates for future election cycles so that everyone can be aware of important dates in the cycles and ensure their elgibility to vote.
[10:50] 恭子 Kyoko (samara.barzane): I must leave, so I will read the minutes if I may
[10:51] Callipygian Christensen: this set of dates takes us through to 2022
[10:51] Callipygian Christensen: done
[10:53] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): With the dates projected out, it also helps us hitting the milestones on time, since this also requires help from the Chancellor getting the census done
[10:55] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): If everyone has had a chance to look at them...
[10:56] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): We can publish the projections, and then roll with them as they come up
[10:56] Callipygian Christensen: move to accept the dates if a motion is needed
[10:56] Soro Dagostino: Second
[10:56] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): In favor say aye
[10:56] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:56] Soro Dagostino: Aye.
[10:57] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:57] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): aye
[10:57] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Thanks for taking a look at this Calli.
[10:57] Callipygian Christensen: No problem - its covered for a while now :)
[10:58] Lilith Ivory: thank you Calli :)
[10:58] Soro Dagostino: Thanks be to Calli!
[10:59] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So now we have the forum issue.
[10:59] Callipygian Christensen: I am fine with tabling it until the proposal is ready
[11:00] Lilith Ivory: me too
[11:00] Soro Dagostino: Agreed
[11:00] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): We've been working on this for a while, and what I want to do is get together a plan.
[11:01] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So, for now I move we table the forum issue
[11:01] Lilith Ivory: I second
[11:01] Callipygian Christensen: second
[11:01] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): all in favor say aye
[11:01] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Aye
[11:01] Lilith Ivory: aye
[11:02] Soro Dagostino: Aye
[11:02] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[11:03] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Just to be fair, Emilia had a comment earlier, and I did not take a comment from the floor, so I'd like to let her say what she was going to say
[11:04] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): thank you, Coop.
[11:05] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): Related to the issue of everyone getting updates, and notices....I have noticed all of my CDS Notices are going to Spam in yahoo mail, so I check there, but I admit I do miss some.
[11:05] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): This is hard to avoid, because it's how LL sends the group notices out where the email notification is enabled.
[11:05] Lilith Ivory: I had to tell my email software to accept messages from SL as important
[11:06] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): But I would be glad to include anything just in routine avenues, such as posting to the CDS page on Facebook...flickr, or
[11:06] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): and this is a big commitment for someone, and I haven't done it in a few years, but I do have an Artizan mailer, and perhaps someone else does here.
[11:07] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): If we can import the group membership into it, or perhaps manually set it up, the notices can go out that way and they used to appear as direct message priority...and can even be set to "pop" when the avatar is online.
[11:08] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): We'll just have to refine the process, and make myself a to do task
[11:08] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): I'm not actually volunteering to be that person, but I do have it, if needed.
[11:08] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): thank you for the opportunity to comment, done.
[11:08] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I appreciate the input
[11:09] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Ok, last thing is next meeting
[11:10] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): looks like the weekend of the 16th is the second full weekend of February
[11:10] Callipygian Christensen: I am here the 16th but not the 17th
[11:11] Callipygian Christensen: and gone the following weekend also
[11:11] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): is Saturday better than Sunday?
[11:11] Lilith Ivory: this weekend works fine for me as far as I can see now
[11:11] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So, Saturday the 16th at 10?
[11:12] Lilith Ivory: I am fine with this
[11:12] Callipygian Christensen: is earlier, like 8, a possibility for it?
[11:13] Lilith Ivory: works for me too
[11:13] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Soro?
[11:13] Soro Dagostino: Groan. But I can do that hour.
[11:14] Callipygian Christensen: I'll bring coffee Soro lol
[11:14] Soro Dagostino: Smile. It's likely better than mine!
[11:15] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): ok, so Saturday the 16th at 0800 SLT?
[11:15] Callipygian Christensen: works for me
[11:15] Lilith Ivory: works for me too
[11:15] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I'll bring coffee for both of us Soro
[11:16] Callipygian Christensen: I have to run - see you all soon!
[11:17] Lilith Ivory: see you Calli :)
[11:17] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): bye Calli :)
[11:17] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): ok, the chair moves to adjourn
[11:17] Callipygian Christensen is offline.
[11:17] Lilith Ivory: I second
[11:17] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): all in favor?
[11:18] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Aye
[11:18] Lilith Ivory: aye :)
[11:18] Soro Dagostino: Aye.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Post Reply

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”