monastery

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lilith Ivory
Pundit
Pundit

Re: monastery

Post by Lilith Ivory » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:02 am

Should we set the tierbox for the monastery parcel to weekly payment so more might be able to help with the tier?
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Kyoko
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Kyoko » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:47 am

Works for me. But check with Sudane.

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:45 am

With all tierboxes you can pay any amount, and the box will calculate the time provided by that payment. My immediate feeling is that our "need", as with all tierboxes, is for monthly payments, so switching the button amounts to, say, weekly, would end up weakening the finances there. I think it would be better to leave the buttons as they are, with the monthly amounts in your face, and then let donors give what they can knowing it will be only a part of a month.

Sudane...................
*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg

Lilith Ivory
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Lilith Ivory » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:19 am

Oh I see :)
I didn´t know you can pay the boxes any amount you want.
In this case I agree with Sudane we should leave the preset amounts as they are to avoid confusuion.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Lyubov
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Lyubov » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:30 am

Thank you Sudane. I agree, it is best to leave the tier boxes and payment buttons unchanged. It is great to know that everyone is free to make a contribution towards tier, in any amount at any time; even a 100L payment makes a difference and does extend the remaining time. This is much less overwhelming than one person trying to make the full monthly payment on the Monastery parcel and much easier to manage than even a donation box.

Return to “General Discussion”