Road Committee - 33rd RA

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Road Committee - 33rd RA

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

I have been asked by the chancellor and, indirectly, the LUC to begin the Road Committee from 2017 again in order to help the LUC in their work. I consider this important work as we seek to build up the regional identities and cultural patrimony of the CDS. This committee in the past sought to provide names for all the roads and paths in the CDS. The following regions and areas still need roads: iirc, Locus Amoenus, Friedsee, and the new fishing village in CN.

Previously I sent out surveys as notecards in world. This time I am hoping to solicit responses through Google Forms, though I hope to continue to have a list of landmarks in world, too. Are there any objections to this method? Are there any burning suggestions out of the gates? Is there anyone who would be willing to work with me on this committee, keeping in mind that all suggestions are collected and presented at public meetings for approval?
Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)

Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Road Committee - 33rd RA

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

I volunteer to work on this with you Guillaume, partial reason being that I am working on the signage of all the roads in CDS, AM is done now except for two new paths.
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400

Tanoujin Milestone
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

I would like to see a Galgengarten (Gallows Garden) on the cliffs of AM ;)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I would be happy to work on this committee, if I'm allowed, and if you don't have enough others!
"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

Thank you, you two, for volunteering. I don't see why we can't discuss that, either, Tan.

I will reach out to you all soon.
Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)

Almut Brunswick
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Almut Brunswick »

I know it is not on the current to-do list, but in Neufreistadt you can find some streets and places names named with funny blends of German and English ("Marketplatz" instead of "Marktplatz"). Would it be possible to rename them correctly? Of course I'm willing to help here.

Almut

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Almut Brunswick wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:50 pm
I know it is not on the current to-do list, but in Neufreistadt you can find some streets and places names named with funny blends of German and English ("Marketplatz" instead of "Marktplatz"). Would it be possible to rename them correctly? Of course I'm willing to help here.

Almut
I think that's a good idea, Almut. Mind you, the funny blend could perhaps be viewed as a CDS colloquialism! Just kidding, I'd rather things were spelled properly.
"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Sim and City Planning”