RA meeting transcript for July 12

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

RA meeting transcript for July 12

Post by Timo Gufler »

When shall we see transcript of the RA meeting held last Sunday? :)

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: RA meeting transcript for July 12

Post by Brian Livingston »

Sorry for the delay. I had recorded the majority of the meeting, but due to scheduling conflicts had to leave before the meeting ended. However, I have posted the transcript for the majority of the meeting here:

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2496

Soro recorded the remainder of the meeting and will likely append that to the aforementioned forum post soon.

--Brian

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Thanks for posting that Brian. I'll post the rest if I get the chance when I get home later today.

One point to note is that, in the bit of the transcript that has yet to be posted, the RA approved the nomination of Delia Lake and Danton Sideways to the SC.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

I'm a bit confused here. Delia is already an SC member. The other SC nominee is Naftali Torok.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Claude Desmoulins wrote:

I'm a bit confused here. Delia is already an SC member. The other SC nominee is Naftali Torok.

LOL! Clearly so were we! I'm afraid I don't have the chat log so we'll have to wait for someone else to post it for an accurate record of the discussion.

From what I recall, when we got to the part of the agenda about SC nominations we had hoped to speak to the candidates themselves before approving the nominations. (I think there was some confusion about which RA meeting they needed to attend). From memory, we thought that Delia and Danton had been nominated and, rather than hold things up while we tried to coordinate a meeting, we approved their nominations as both are clearly prime candidates for the SC. Apologies to Naftali for getting the names wrong but we were going from memory as there were no SC members in attendance to correct us. I think our next meeting is on 26 July at which I would hope we can consider (and approve!) Naftali's nomination to the SC.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

Please remember NL 4-8

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

So far as I know we have not agreed to have a meeting on the 26th, although I am willing to meet then.

The last part of the meeting transcript has not yet been posted, but our discussion about the next meeting cited in the first part of the transcript that has been posted (link given by Brian above) went like this:

Representative Assembly Transcript wrote:

[9:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: we can meet on the 26th
[9:33] Brian Livingston: Hmm, so I guess there is the possibility of anther RA session. Traditioanlly we haven't met as a lame duck session however
[9:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: True
[9:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: well, we can discuss it hehe
[9:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I'm fine with skipping it
[9:33] Sonja Strom: me too
[9:33] Rose Springvale: sorry all, have to go to rl. see you later!
[9:34] Brian Livingston: I would suggest not planning on the lame duck session unless there is an extraordinary event that requires RA attention immediately
[9:34] Sonja Strom: ok Rose
[9:34] Brian Livingston: Thoughts?
[9:34] Pip Torok: agree
[9:34] Sonja Strom: agree
[9:34] You decline Episode Beach from A group member named Dominick Manatiso.
[9:34] Gwyneth Llewelyn agreess to
[9:34] Brian Livingston: Pat?
[9:35] Patroklus Murakami: agree

Personally I support Naftali for the SC, so if she is confirmed because of NL 4-8 I would be fine with that.

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Just to complete this discussion, at the meeting of the Scientific Council on the 20th of July it was declared that Naftali has become a member of the SC under regulation NL 4-8.

The transcript of the meeting is to be found here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2501
The part about Naftali is to be found about half-way through the meeting.

Congratulations Naftali! :D

Return to “General Discussion”