QUESTION FOR PATROKLUS

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

QUESTION FOR PATROKLUS

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Patroklus.. thank you so much for encouraging us to read the land scanner. This morning I saw this as I was researching the upcoming proposals regarding land sales for the RA meeting on Saturday AM!

Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:11:43 -0600 Neufreistadt Gelf Yalin Rudeen Edo Law Firm in Atlanta, Georgia USA\'s Second Life Office 144 m²
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:18:39 -0600 Neufreistadt Rudeen Edo Patroklus Murakami HLS 2115 144 m²
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:25:27 -0600 Neufreistadt Patroklus Murakami Rosie Gray HLS 2115 144 m²

Let me explain how I understand this transaction..... Arguably one of the most VALUABLE parcels in CDS....a small farchwerk commercial shop on the square in NFS... Was somehow taken by the chancellors office and set for sale?? Who had knowledge of this ? Who set it for sale? .. .... Someone who is an Estate Manager and works for the chancellor set this parcel for sale, I assume.

Gelf has not been in world since January. A screen shot shows his last login to be 1.5.2014... So can we safely assume the land was not abandoned by him or sold by him to rudeen... and that the land had to be manually acquired, seized... by the chancellors office and set for sale by the chancellors office staff?

The CHANCELLOR , you, then took possession of this parcel himself, he personally purchased... . AND sold it to the GUILDMEISTER?????????????? who is a MEMBER OF THE RA .. ??????????????>>...........................please do explain it to all of us ........We are waiting to hear how the transparency in government works now !

Cleo
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: QUESTION FOR PATROKLUS

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Patroklus.. thank you so much for encouraging us to read the land scanner. This morning I saw this as I was researching the upcoming proposals regarding land sales for the RA meeting on Saturday AM!

Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:11:43 -0600 Neufreistadt Gelf Yalin Rudeen Edo Law Firm in Atlanta, Georgia USA\'s Second Life Office 144 m²
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:18:39 -0600 Neufreistadt Rudeen Edo Patroklus Murakami HLS 2115 144 m²
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:25:27 -0600 Neufreistadt Patroklus Murakami Rosie Gray HLS 2115 144 m²

Let me explain how I understand this transaction..... Arguably one of the most VALUABLE parcels in CDS....a small farchwerk commercial shop on the square in NFS... Was somehow taken by the chancellors office and set for sale?? Who had knowledge of this ? Who set it for sale? .. .... Someone who is an Estate Manager and works for the chancellor set this parcel for sale, I assume.

Gelf has not been in world since January. A screen shot shows his last login to be 1.5.2014... So can we safely assume the land was not abandoned by him or sold by him to rudeen... and that the land had to be manually acquired, seized... by the chancellors office and set for sale by the chancellors office staff?

The CHANCELLOR , you, then took possession of this parcel himself, he personally purchased... . AND sold it to the GUILDMEISTER?????????????? who is a MEMBER OF THE RA .. ??????????????>>...........................please do explain it to all of us ........We are waiting to hear how the transparency in government works now !

Short answer: This was my first time to remove someone from their parcel and I made a mistake. I should have abandoned the parcel to Rudeen and then it could have been sold to Rosie. I paid the fee that Rosie paid me for the parcel so the CDS is not out any money.

Here's the longer version:
I have no access to the Hippo web application which generates reports on who is behind on their tier so I am reliant on those with access to generate reports. (I aim to get access if re-elected as Chancellor). I was notified shortly after taking office that a couple of people were over two weeks behind with their tier. I gave them a final warning via IM to pay up within 48 hours or I would reclaim their parcels.

On Tuesday morning 29 April I logged in before work and found that Lilith was helping Garnet with a query regarding a plot she wanted to purchase. I hung around to find out how this works as resetting Hippo boxes etc is new to me. I asked Lilith if she could check on the Hippo web application if the plots were still overdue. One was, the plot on the Marketplatz. Lilith and I headed over to sort out the plot.

I abandoned the plot to Rudeen and returned the former owner's prims. I then realised I could not reset the info on the plot so it would be clear how much it was for, tier etc. I sold it to myself so I could make the necessary changes. Rosie arrived and asked, since the plot was up for sale, could she purchase it. I said she could and set it for sale to her. What I *should* have done then was abandon the land to Rudeen first but I forgot that step. When Rosie reminded me, I paid the land sale fee to Rudeen so the CDS would not lose out any money.

Now, a couple of questions for you Cleo:

• If you had turned up as I was setting the land for sale and you had said "I want to buy this plot" should I have sold it to you or not?
    When you bought the plot at Ulrikastrasse 1505 from Tandra on 30 April (which had been over a fortnight overdue on tier) had she paid up the amount she owed the CDS? Or did you pay the outstanding tier? Did either of you pay what was owed to the CDS before you flipped the land the next day?

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

I can confirm this happened as Pat said. It was a learning experience for him and I was curious enough about how it all worked to watch. I could have purchased the plot myself except that I didn't need it.

I was somewhat bemused to note while I was in the Square that Cleo had entered my shop, in view of her longstanding banning of me from hers (though I have never had an interest in going into her shop) so I've banned her from mine. Seems only fair.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Hmm... Yes! If you had put a notice out to the group I would have wanted it ... yes ! If you had asked me if I wanted it , I sure would have said yes ! ... I would love to have another farchwerk! I only have one now and one shop in CN. But I can see how Rosie got lucky to be the first to show up to get the land you and Lilith were setting for sale. Fair enough ! Well done.. thanks for explaining....... first come first serve.. free market and all that jazz....

I had no way of knowing if Tandra's parcel was in arrears or not and I didn't ask her. She knew I wanted to buy another farchwerk and asked me to buy it and I said yes !!! So I did... I honestly believe it to be true, that if your parcel is in arrears, you cant just flip the for sale sign by leaving it.. I think that it requires resetting when you are in arrears.. That is what I have always thought. Am I right?. I know the sign flips to for sale if you are paid up and ask for a refund, but if in arrears, I think the sign has to be reset. So.. yes I bought Tandras parcel no clue about arrears or not..I have no access to systems that would tell me any special information that is not public to every citizen. So then a day later a friend asked me if I had a parcel to sell for a friend who wanted to move to CDS and be a citizen. I said I hadn't dropped a shop yet in my new parcel in NFS and would be willing to sell it to him .. Now we have a new citizen named DJ! He has been a friend of CDS for a long time and I know that he will be a fabulous citizen. I love it when we have new citizens come to CDS ! I sure hope that we get a new sim soon so that more people who want to participate in our democracy can do so!!!! Also .. Please, if anyone has a farchwerk for sale please call me ! I want to be on the waiting list for one..

I am not the chancellor.

I am like any other citizen and I have a right currently to own 8 parcels. I own 2. I would like to own 8 but people keep wanting them ! And I am happy to give mine up for them ! I don't want just any parcel though, so you know well, Pat because you purchased a few right before the voter list was pulled yourself that had been available long enough for me to buy them. So did Cally that last week .. fyi. and some other people... just sayin, as per your previous accusations in this thread..: ) When anyone asks me if I can help them get to be a citizen of CDS, I do everything I can to help them do so. I helped Garnet find her parcel in CDS, as she well knows. I offered one of my parcels to Gauis Tiberius when he asked to have one to come back. Yes, him........... I am an expansionist and I want us to grow... . . not just in land area but the number of participating citizens also. I think for the proper running of the government we have its essential. I tell everyone I meet about CDS and encourage them to join the friends of CDS group if it interests them and hope everyone else will do the same thing !

If you had turned up as I was setting the land for sale and you had said "I want to buy this plot" should I have sold it to you or not?
When you bought the plot at Ulrikastrasse 1505 from Tandra on 30 April (which had been over a fortnight overdue on tier) had she paid up the amount she owed the CDS? Or did you pay the outstanding tier? Did either of you pay what was owed to the CDS before you flipped the land the next day?

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

I helped Garnet find her parcel in CDS, as she well knows.

And once again I have to correct your distortion of the truth, which you know because I told you already. You foisted yourself on me. I didn't want or need your help but I was polite and friendly and probably gave an impression of gratitude. As I said before, I wanted you to just go away. I knew my way around. I could easily have found that parcel, and would have enjoyed just looking for myself, but you were after someone new to turn against the current government and support you. You'd have been disappointed in that.

I note my minus figure reputation, given by you, Cleo, and your current reputation of 26. You and your bought-in friends have been busy but, get this, I don't care.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Garnet,
You may want to discuss your misunderstanding of the facts with Tor Karlsvalt. Tor actually gave me your name and asked me if I knew you. He then asked me to help you find a parcel in CDS. My helping you find land was something I did to support our chancellor at the time, Tor.

Much of my work in CDS doing promotion of the sims has actually been at the request of the chancellor. Though they thought I did too good of a job, I guess ! But I have quite a bit of chat and there is mention in RA minutes of the fact that both Tor and Trebor had asked me to assist them at times in helping people with getting land and bringing new citizens. I also do take the initiative to do it on my own. I would hope everyone who loves it here, would too.

Garnet, I am so sorry you don't care for the people who are your neigbhors in CDS. I am sure many of them would be happy to get to know you and be your friend if you'd be more open to them. I have met many, many nice people in CDS who I am proud to say are my friends.
Cleo

Garnet Psaltery wrote:
cleopatraxigalia wrote:

I helped Garnet find her parcel in CDS, as she well knows.

And once again I have to correct your distortion of the truth, which you know because I told you already. You foisted yourself on me. I didn't want or need your help but I was polite and friendly and probably gave an impression of gratitude. As I said before, I wanted you to just go away. I knew my way around. I could easily have found that parcel, and would have enjoyed just looking for myself, but you were after someone new to turn against the current government and support you. You'd have been disappointed in that.

I note my minus figure reputation, given by you, Cleo, and your current reputation of 26. You and your bought-in friends have been busy but, get this, I don't care.

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Garnet, I am so sorry you don't care for the people who are your neigbhors in CDS. I am sure many of them would be happy to get to know you and be your friend if you'd be more open to them.

You're wrong in your assumptions. I do care for my neighbours and have many friends in CDS. I just don't like hypocrites, liars, and manipulators. Negative rate me and ban me from your parcels all you like, it means absolutely nothing, and your word is worth even less.

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Garnet Psaltery wrote:
cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Garnet, I am so sorry you don't care for the people who are your neigbhors in CDS. I am sure many of them would be happy to get to know you and be your friend if you'd be more open to them.

You're wrong in your assumptions. I do care for my neighbours and have many friends in CDS. I just don't like hypocrites, liars, and manipulators. Negative rate me and ban me from your parcels all you like, it means absolutely nothing, and your word is worth even less.

If you truly feel that way, then why do you feel the need to continuously engage her in discussion on the forums? It's puzzling to me. It clearly means *something* to you or you would just ignore it all.

If she did help you find a parcel at CDS initially, it's pretty clear this thing she does it with no expectation of gratitude or friendship. Your case in point. And why should it?

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Bromo Ivory wrote:
Garnet Psaltery wrote:

... I just don't like hypocrites, liars, and manipulators. Negative rate me and ban me from your parcels all you like, it means absolutely nothing, and your word is worth even less.

If you truly feel that way, then why do you feel the need to continuously engage her in discussion on the forums? It's puzzling to me. It clearly means *something* to you or you would just ignore it all.

If she did help you find a parcel at CDS initially, it's pretty clear this thing she does it with no expectation of gratitude or friendship. Your case in point. And why should it?

Bromo, you've evidently not seen or understood what I've been saying about Cleo for a while now. She is your friend, so that's understandable. I wouldn't say I engage her all the time but any time I see her misleading people on something I know to be otherwise, or giving it more flannel than a king-size bed. It's not at all clear she 'helped' me find a parcel with no expectations since she was acting in her previous and current pattern of bringing in people who were likely to be her supporters, or ones she hoped would be. She made a huge mistake with me. The first time she criticised the government in her conspiratorial way I had her measure.

We're just going to have to disagree on this viewpoint, because, while I have the time to do it, I shall highlight the tarnish in her halo for the sake of those she misleads. This thread, with its dramatic capital-lettered title, is designed to cast doubt on our Chancellor and dissuade people from voting for him in the upcoming elections.

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

Two on topic replies, one semi-on topic reply, four rehashing unrelated history.

With apologies to Pat and Cleo - who are welcome to take up this discussion in another thread, I am locking this one in an attempt to have an election-related thread not go any further downhill.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “General Discussion”