Statement on the July 2006 Election

Moderator: SC Moderators

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Statement on the July 2006 Election

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

Preliminary results indicate that the people of the city have rewarded the DPU with a parliamentary majority in the incoming RA. We appreciate the people's vote of confidence. We of the DPU offer our congratulations to all members of the incoming RA and look forward to a productive term.

I'd like to take a moment to thank the members of the DPU, for their efforts during the recent campaign. I'd also like to thank the CSDF for a vigorous campaign. The recently concluded campaign demonstrated the strength of our political system. The presence of two well organized factions encouraged meaningful debate and discussion on a number of issues. This was especially important given that the changes and choices before us (expansion, Guild reform, and the like) will fundamentally alter the community of which we are a part.

Although there were substantial differences between the CSDF and DPU visions of our future. We believe there is much common ground on which to build. The DPU remains commited to seeking consensus and solving problems as we move forward together.

Return to “Democratic Pragmatist Union (DPU)”