CDS Citizens - Call for Executive Assistants

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

CDS Citizens - Call for Executive Assistants

Post by Rosie Gray »

Dear Citizens of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators (CDS):

The CDS has an active government and executive, as you know. Within the executive office (Chancellor's office), there is a need for various people willing to donate their time and energy working as a team on a regular basis to help make the CDS better. This is a call for citizens in good standing who may be interested in these positions to contact me. The positions I am interested in filling are:

Estate Managers
Duties are mainly to learn how the estate parcels are managed and assist with this task on a regular basis. This means learning how our system works, learning how the Casperlet Tierboxes work, and being trained to manage them. This requires patience, an ability and willingness to follow the details, and being friendly and helpful to people when it is not always easy. Other tasks are things like helping the Event Organizers if they require it, returning stray objects, and dealing with the very occasional griefer. This position requires training.

New Citizen Welcome Committee
If you enjoy meeting new people, chatting, showing them around the CDS, then this is the committee for you! This committee has been around for some time but has not been very active. It needs a few more volunteers, and especially that one pro-active person who really wants to make it special.

We have a citizen's portrait gallery that could really do with adding a lot of citizen portraits - so that is one thing that could be done, especially if you are a good SL photographer!

Event Organizers
We have had many fun events in the CDS, and they take a lot of planning. Specifically, if you are interested in any or all of these jobs, then we'd love to hear from you!
contact/lead follow-up
event decorators
talent coordinator
event greeters/hosts
event photographer
event talent scout

Marketing
Would you like to join the team as a Public Information Officer (PIO)? This is really a marketing job, and there's lots to do. Some of the specific jobs are:
land marketplace manager
parcel photographer
statistician - metrics
communications with the CDS group

Estate Gardeners
Do you have an inventory full of beautiful buildings and wonderful mesh plants? Maybe you'd be interested in helping to decorate unsold parcels in the CDS to make them more attractive? There are parameters to this, such as buildings must fit the themes and covenants of the region, and you wouldn't be furnishing them. But still, it can be fun to put some of your unused prefabs to use.

I will be interviewing people in the coming 2 weeks. There's no pay, but it can really add to your enjoyment of SL and of the CDS if you find a place helping out with the regions, and there is something that could fit for every talent.

Thank you
Rosie Gray
CDS Chancellor, 33rd Sessions

This was sent by notecard through the CDS group to citizens, as well as being posted here.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: CDS Citizens - Call for Executive Assistants

Post by Rosie Gray »

Update: At this time we now have enough Estate Managers. Thank you to those that have volunteered to do this important work! The current list of Estate Manager is:

• Sudane Erato (of course!)
    Rosie Gray
    Mizou Vavoom
    Lyubov Atheria
    Lilith Ivory
    Laura Azalee
    Kyoko Furse-Barzane
    Hannah Marie Bloodwolf
    Delia Lake

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”