Transcript of the Sixth Meeting of the 34th RA held on Saturday, 3 April 2021 at 10:26AM

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Tor Karlsvalt
Pundit
Pundit
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 am
Location: Eagle Rock Cabin, Alpine Meadow
Contact:

Transcript of the Sixth Meeting of the 34th RA held on Saturday, 3 April 2021 at 10:26AM

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

Summary

The RA meet at the Praetorium in Colonia Nova on Saturday, April 3, 2021. In attendance were RA members; Almut Brunswick, LRA Pro Tempore; Rosie Gray, RA LUC Rep; and Tor Karlsvalt, Archivist. Also present were: Chancellor Kyoko Furse-Barzane and Lilith Ivory and Callipygian Christensen, Professors of the Scientific Council. Almut called the meeting to order at 10:28AM due the absence of the LRAa and late arrival of Tor Karlsvalt. The Chancellor reported on two upcoming events, The Garland Ball and a MoCA exhibit focused on the work of the late Fimicoloud. The chancellor also discussed a proposed rebuild of MoCA. Rosie Gay reported on the LUC meeting. Almut Brunswick lead a discussion on her latest draft of the CDS New Citizen’s User Guide. No votes were taken on legislation.

Transcript

[2021/04/03 10:26]  Almut Brunswick: Dear Madame Chancellor, honorable members of the Scientific Committee, dear fellow CDS Citizens
[2021/04/03 10:26]  Almut Brunswick: since the RA Leader cannot make it today again, I need to fill in as his Pro Tempore.
[2021/04/03 10:27]  Almut Brunswick: Rosie will serve in the role as the archivist which I highly appreciate. However, we still hope that Tor can make it yet.
[2021/04/03 10:28]  Almut Brunswick: Herewith I call this RA meeting to order (10:28 AM SLT). Thank you for being here.
[2021/04/03 10:28]  Almut Brunswick: 1.1 Review and approve the agenda
[2021/04/03 10:29]  Almut Brunswick: I assume everybody has the agenda received now.
[2021/04/03 10:29]  Rosie Gray: looks fine to me, Almut
[2021/04/03 10:29]  Almut Brunswick: for me, too:) Let's vote about it.
[2021/04/03 10:29]  Rosie Gray: we can't vote on anything
[2021/04/03 10:29]  Rosie Gray: without a quorum
[2021/04/03 10:30]  Rosie Gray: so, I think we just work through and discuss  ㋡
[2021/04/03 10:30]  Almut Brunswick: I think then we just silently nod and proceed:D
[2021/04/03 10:30]  Rosie Gray: yep
[2021/04/03 10:31]  Almut Brunswick: Rosie is right, we undercut the threshold to vote about anything today, so this meeting will have a certain informal character. It illustrates the main topic of today: the further legislation regarding by-elections and minimum size of the RA. But we will come to this later
[2021/04/03 10:32]  Almut Brunswick: We decided not to table the meeting because of you as our audience to use the occasion for a hopefully inspiring and effective discussion about how to proceed in the topics mentioned.
[2021/04/03 10:33]  Almut Brunswick: 1.2 Review and approve the  Summary and Transcript:  https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9714
[2021/04/03 10:33]  Almut Brunswick: will be just a silent nodding as well. We need to make it good next time.
[2021/04/03 10:34]  Almut Brunswick: But nobody forces us to postpone the 2. Executive Report
[2021/04/03 10:34]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): ROFL
[2021/04/03 10:34]  Almut Brunswick: Kyoko, you have the stage!
[2021/04/03 10:34]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): (drat!)
[2021/04/03 10:34]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): OK this too will be informal.
[2021/04/03 10:35]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): income seems stable.
[2021/04/03 10:35]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): I use "seems" as without Sudane I can only judge by what I sense and see in Casperlet.
[2021/04/03 10:35]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): I'm working of touching base with new and new-ish citizens and encouraging them to bring ideas, questions to me or to the RA members.
[2021/04/03 10:36]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): I will start posting about the value of the RA in our political ecology. And I would like to ask the RA members to do the same. The RA *is*   a very special opportunity to take part in the future of CDS.
[2021/04/03 10:36]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): On to Events.
[2021/04/03 10:36]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): *to
[2021/04/03 10:36]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): The next event is the Garland Ball.
[2021/04/03 10:36]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): It is called that because, well...
[2021/04/03 10:37]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): the decor will be floral garlands.
[2021/04/03 10:37]  Almut Brunswick: (phew I thought we all need to wear Judy Garland-lookalike avatars)
[2021/04/03 10:37]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): I assure Rosie that 1. I have removed 60 prims of my things from the Schloss LOL
[2021/04/03 10:37]  Mizou Vavoom: lol
[2021/04/03 10:37]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): In wish to assure Rosie that.
[2021/04/03 10:38]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): 1. I have removed 60 0f my prims from the Schloss parcel
[2021/04/03 10:38]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): and 2.
[2021/04/03 10:38]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): The garlands are 1 prim each.
[2021/04/03 10:38]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): So ball decor will be low prim :)
[2021/04/03 10:38]  Rosie Gray: /me feels very safe now
[2021/04/03 10:38]  Lilith Ivory: hehe
[2021/04/03 10:39]  Almut Brunswick: grins
[2021/04/03 10:39]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): It will also be a chance for enjoy the new furniture installed by Brooke Brandenburg before her departure from CDS.
[2021/04/03 10:39]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): It's pretty cool :)
[2021/04/03 10:40]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): THat's the poster
[2021/04/03 10:40]  Rosie Gray: nice poster, Kyoko
[2021/04/03 10:41]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): Zoree Juiper will sing first, hopefully with some of her native "fado"
[2021/04/03 10:41]  Almut Brunswick: Oh nice, I do love her songs
[2021/04/03 10:41]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): DJ Qt will spin for the second hour.
[2021/04/03 10:41]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): Formal is preferred
[2021/04/03 10:41]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): but tbh I will be wearing a shorter dress myself
[2021/04/03 10:41]  Almut Brunswick: Oh my...
[2021/04/03 10:42]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): (no cracks Calli...)
[2021/04/03 10:42]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): well I look like a moving mushroom in a floor length gown
[2021/04/03 10:42]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): But I digress
[2021/04/03 10:42]  Lilith Ivory: lol
[2021/04/03 10:42]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): DJ Qt and I have been brainstorming about March events. Will ask citizens also.
[2021/04/03 10:43]  Lilith Ivory: March?
[2021/04/03 10:43]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): MAY
[2021/04/03 10:43]  Rosie Gray: :)
[2021/04/03 10:43]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): everything is the same in The Covid Era
[2021/04/03 10:43]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): I seldom know what day is what
[2021/04/03 10:43]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): New MoCA exhibits are underway and hopefully up by mid month.
[2021/04/03 10:44]  Almut Brunswick: (She meant to march towards May and not may meant March)
[2021/04/03 10:44]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): I'm sure Rosie will report on the MoCA possible plan is in the LUC report
[2021/04/03 10:44]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): Sudane has given us an accurate template for the possible new MoCA. I'll let Mizou explain what she's up to.
[2021/04/03 10:45]  Mizou Vavoom: OK
[2021/04/03 10:45]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): /me eyes Almut warily
[2021/04/03 10:45]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): Mizou will now fill us in ;)
[2021/04/03 10:45]  Mizou Vavoom: so as Kyoko said Sudane created an accurate floor plan for the new MoCa
[2021/04/03 10:46]  Mizou Vavoom: which means that the current floor plan needs to be redone , as it is actually bigger then the first one
[2021/04/03 10:46]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): WooT
[2021/04/03 10:46]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): more space more art
[2021/04/03 10:47]  Mizou Vavoom: I can say that we are planning to use the whole of the parcel with some water feature additions, it will have same mount of floors which is 3, it will have big windows, and a staircase
[2021/04/03 10:48]  Mizou Vavoom: so that is how far we are in developing a proposal to be submitted some stage #april or May
[2021/04/03 10:48]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): Thasnk you Mizou :)
[2021/04/03 10:48]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): done
[2021/04/03 10:49]  Almut Brunswick: Thank you Madame Chancellor. Are there any questions about the Executive Report?
[2021/04/03 10:49]  Rosie Gray: yes
[2021/04/03 10:49]  Almut Brunswick: Rosie please
[2021/04/03 10:49]  Rosie Gray: I was wondering what the theme of the new MoCA exhibits are that you are working on, Kyoko
[2021/04/03 10:50]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): whispers: I was trying to keep it brief LOL
[2021/04/03 10:50]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): but you asked... so
[2021/04/03 10:51]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): First Delia and I are doing a retrospective show of Artistic Fimicoloud's work
[2021/04/03 10:51]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): Partially in connection with Relay for Life of SL
[2021/04/03 10:51]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): Fimi was a dear friend of both of us.
[2021/04/03 10:51]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): A breast cancer survivor until we lost her in May 2008.
[2021/04/03 10:52]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): She was a feisty little pink fox
[2021/04/03 10:52]  Rosie Gray: oh dear
[2021/04/03 10:52]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): an artist and a friend
[2021/04/03 10:52]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): so that's in the works
[2021/04/03 10:52]  Rosie Gray: thank you
[2021/04/03 10:52]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): the second show is two artists from Sri Lanka.
[2021/04/03 10:53]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): Asmita Duranjaya represents them in SL and knows them in RL
[2021/04/03 10:54]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): When Asmita left SL for Open SIM she handed over the responsibility to me. So we will be showing their work.
[2021/04/03 10:54]  Tor Karlsvalt: entered chat range (13.99 m).
[2021/04/03 10:54]  Tor Karlsvalt: entered the region (13.99 m).
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Almut Brunswick: It is better in your hands in any case
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Lilith Ivory: ooh here comes our Tor
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): In the small 2nd floor gallery I selected a few works from MoCA's very first exhibit to connect with our Past as we move forward.
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): done
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): sRosie you asked LOL
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Almut Brunswick: The celebrities come always last :D
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Rosie Gray: all sounds wonderful, Kyoko
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Rosie Gray: thanks
[2021/04/03 10:55]  Almut Brunswick: Any further questions?
[2021/04/03 10:56]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): last note you should be able to grab a copy of the Garland Ball poster
[2021/04/03 10:56]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): If not IM me
[2021/04/03 10:56]  Kyoko Furse-Barzane (Samara Barzane): very done
[2021/04/03 10:56]  Tor Karlsvalt: /me waves hello to everyone and quietly takes a seat.
[2021/04/03 10:56]  Rosie Gray: glad to see you Tor!
[2021/04/03 10:57]  Mizou Vavoom: /me waves to Tor
[2021/04/03 10:57]  Almut Brunswick: I think we will hear more about he MoCa project in Rosie's LUC Report yet. In this context, however, I need to ask you to make your planning public in the Forum and to keep the RA up to date.
[2021/04/03 10:57:30] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): we will when we have devised a poll
[2021/04/03 10:57:39] Mizou Vavoom: which we are planning to do as soon as we have something to show
[2021/04/03 10:57:55] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): Been a very busy time in RL for me right now. After next week things should quiet down
[2021/04/03 10:58:39] Almut Brunswick: Ok, thank you. that was just a friendly reminder to keep us informed about this project. Done.
[2021/04/03 10:59:34] Almut Brunswick: Let's turn to the next topic: 3. Land-Use Commission Report (Rosie)
[2021/04/03 10:59:49] Rosie Gray: yes, thank you
[2021/04/03 11:00:04] Rosie Gray: the LUC had a meeting on March 27th
[2021/04/03 11:00:39] Rosie Gray: Mizou reported working on the roadsigns still
[2021/04/03 11:00:58] Rosie Gray: which is an ongoing project
[2021/04/03 11:01:51] Rosie Gray: the EEP experimental settings are pretty much on hold since the survey showed that most people want sunny days, so we haven't had rainy days since then
[2021/04/03 11:02:12] Almut Brunswick: (climate change...we will become a desert soon^^)
[2021/04/03 11:02:18] Second Life: The Garland Ball 4/10/2021 owned by secondlife:///app/agent/c341d70d-f1ed-4e4e-b1ed-e29c23ab0751/about gave you <nolink>'The Garland Ball @The Schloss Ballroom</nolink>' ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Colonia%20Nova/27/164/40 ).
[2021/04/03 11:02:23] Rosie Gray: the Chancellor approved the full update of Skye water onto Friedsee lake
[2021/04/03 11:02:33] Rosie Gray: and Delia is doing that
[2021/04/03 11:03:24] Rosie Gray: Mizou and Kyoko presented a proposed floor-plan for a new MoCA building and are working on design proposals (as you heard just now)
[2021/04/03 11:03:42] Rosie Gray: and are keeping CDSL 34-02 Transparent Region Development Act into consideration
[2021/04/03 11:03:52] Mizou Vavoom: /me nods
[2021/04/03 11:04:29] Rosie Gray: Tor wasn't present to discuss the idea of connecting the CDS to Linden water
[2021/04/03 11:04:36] Rosie Gray: and the next meeting is set for April 17 at noon
[2021/04/03 11:04:38] Rosie Gray: done
[2021/04/03 11:04:54] Almut Brunswick: Thank you Rosie. Are there any questions?
[2021/04/03 11:05:29] Second Life: Samara Barzane gave you The Garland Ball 4/10/2021.
[2021/04/03 11:07:07] Almut Brunswick: If not, then I would have one which is directly tied to our top 7.2 On demand of the Guild (Sudane): https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9535. We already had tabled it several times, but I want to see a clear statement about it now: Do we already have a (more or less informal) Environmental Working Group now or not?
[2021/04/03 11:07:34] Rosie Gray: yes we do
[2021/04/03 11:07:39] Rosie Gray: just informally
[2021/04/03 11:08:29] Almut Brunswick: I must say that I'm in sorrow that this group has been established somehow without any contribution or vote of the RA
[2021/04/03 11:08:42] Rosie Gray: it's a working group of the Guild
[2021/04/03 11:08:46] Rosie Gray: nothing to do with the RA
[2021/04/03 11:09:05] Rosie Gray: but anyone in the guild can participate
[2021/04/03 11:09:18] Almut Brunswick: Well, but this is not what Sundane asked the RA to discuss and to vote about
[2021/04/03 11:09:45] Almut Brunswick: The demand is: "Install an Environment Working Group to study and recommend an appropriate environment policy for our estate (Environmental Enhancement Project - EEP), preferably as a subset of the LUC or Guild."
[2021/04/03 11:10:02] Almut Brunswick: And I cannot remember we voted about it so far.
[2021/04/03 11:10:08] Rosie Gray: I don't think it was a 'demand', Almut
[2021/04/03 11:10:37] Rosie Gray: but yes, we haven't done anything officially
[2021/04/03 11:10:42] Almut Brunswick: I just can see what is said in the Forum and in the Agenda.
[2021/04/03 11:10:47] Rosie Gray: since there have been a lot more things to discuss
[2021/04/03 11:12:18] Almut Brunswick: In order to comply with the CDSL 34-02 Transparent Region Development Act, I ask the RA to make this yet informal group official and to assign it to the Guild. This has of course to be agreed with the Guild Master, too
[2021/04/03 11:13:05] Almut Brunswick: We do not need to decide it today, but this is the way to go, I think. Done.
[2021/04/03 11:13:43] Almut Brunswick: Let's continue with the 4. Citizen Concerns
[2021/04/03 11:14:00] Almut Brunswick: Are there any?
[2021/04/03 11:14:23] Almut Brunswick: I hear none.
[2021/04/03 11:14:28] Lilith Ivory: none from me besides the general concern about the upcoming elections :)
[2021/04/03 11:14:47] Almut Brunswick: We will come to this briefly. And yes, I agree!
[2021/04/03 11:14:56] Almut Brunswick: 5. RA member concerns
[2021/04/03 11:15:06] Rosie Gray: /me raises a hand
[2021/04/03 11:15:09] Almut Brunswick: Rosie, Tor?
[2021/04/03 11:15:15] Almut Brunswick: Rosie please.
[2021/04/03 11:15:19] Rosie Gray: thank you
[2021/04/03 11:15:31] Tor Karlsvalt: none for me thanks
[2021/04/03 11:15:45] Rosie Gray: my concern I'm sure reflects everyone here's concern, about the lack of participation by 90% of the CDS population
[2021/04/03 11:16:06] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): raises her hand
[2021/04/03 11:16:13] Rosie Gray: I was wondering though, since Almut has done such a good job of her document for new citizens
[2021/04/03 11:16:40] Rosie Gray: if it might be useful to take that document, publish it, and to give it out to our citizens
[2021/04/03 11:16:55] Rosie Gray: but I'm not thinking that it's so useful to do it just by sending in a group notice
[2021/04/03 11:17:22] Rosie Gray: personally, I think that one of the problems is that so many people probably just disable the group notices, so they don't see them
[2021/04/03 11:17:47] Rosie Gray: I think it would be a good idea for all of us here to personally contact people... maybe we could divide up a list
[2021/04/03 11:18:05] Rosie Gray: and talk to them individually, give them the notecard
[2021/04/03 11:18:26] Rosie Gray: just an idea
[2021/04/03 11:18:27] Rosie Gray: done
[2021/04/03 11:18:51] Almut Brunswick: Thank you Rosie, Kyoko is next
[2021/04/03 11:18:58] Tor Karlsvalt: /me raises hand.
[2021/04/03 11:19:00] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): Thanks Almut
[2021/04/03 11:19:05] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): and thank you Rosie.
[2021/04/03 11:19:40] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): That was the kind of activity I hoped the RA would undertake as I mentioned in my repost.
[2021/04/03 11:19:47] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): *report
[2021/04/03 11:20:59] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): Almut's document is excellent, but I think it might be best to have it on the portal. Even better would be a searchable database, not a complex one, but perhaps the simple way the laws are listed on the portal.
[2021/04/03 11:21:25] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): We need to share our belief in and enthusiasm for the jobs we all do
[2021/04/03 11:21:35] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): done.(scarctch searchable
[2021/04/03 11:21:51] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): lust interior links like for the kl=laws would work.
[2021/04/03 11:21:56] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): /done
[2021/04/03 11:22:04] Almut Brunswick: Thank you Kyoko, Lilith please
[2021/04/03 11:22:53] Almut Brunswick: (please remove your speaker tag from the stick, Madame Chancellor)
[2021/04/03 11:22:58] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Lilith Ivory
[2021/04/03 11:23:01] Second Life: AV&Co Latest News owned by secondlife:///app/agent/cf137de8-b74f-4d51-94a0-7718c9312c48/about gave you <nolink>'AV&Co 20210403 - Trudeau 32 Addons</nolink>' ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Glookbone/210/69/21 ).
[2021/04/03 11:23:02] Lilith Ivory: I think Rosie had a good idea and think it is better to send it out as individual notecard as a lot of citizens might not even know about the portal or the forum
[2021/04/03 11:24:02] Lilith Ivory: but before we make Almut’s draft public I would like to ask all of us - and especially the members of the SC to go thought that document again to make sure nothing important is missing and all provided information is correct
[2021/04/03 11:24:12] Lilith Ivory: wrong info can be worse than no info
[2021/04/03 11:24:21] Lilith Ivory: the link to the document is here
[2021/04/03 11:24:23] Lilith Ivory: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j3P ... ls8i7ag9ve
[2021/04/03 11:24:26] Lilith Ivory: done :)
[2021/04/03 11:24:41] Almut Brunswick: hank you Lilith. Tor please
[2021/04/03 11:24:45] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Tor Karlsvalt
[2021/04/03 11:25:13] Tor Karlsvalt: Thank you
[2021/04/03 11:25:28] Tor Karlsvalt: I agree about the Notices.
[2021/04/03 11:25:48] Tor Karlsvalt: And individual NC to current members would be better.
[2021/04/03 11:26:10] Tor Karlsvalt: Also, I have agree with Rosie that we could do more to welcome new people.
[2021/04/03 11:26:38] Tor Karlsvalt: I try to wave or say hello when I am in the regions.
[2021/04/03 11:27:22] Tor Karlsvalt: If they respond I just introduce myself or strike up a convo. Keeps people thinking they are welcome if they are new.
[2021/04/03 11:28:05] Tor Karlsvalt: As far as participation goes, we just need more members. I think we can expect this to be like RL. Most will just not want too much involvement beyond a nice house.
[2021/04/03 11:28:29] Tor Karlsvalt: So we need to focus on marketing and getting out and making the CDS visible.
[2021/04/03 11:28:31] Tor Karlsvalt: Done
[2021/04/03 11:28:45] Almut Brunswick: Thank you Tor, Rosie please
[2021/04/03 11:28:51] Rosie Gray: thanks
[2021/04/03 11:28:59] Rosie Gray: I do agree with everything said
[2021/04/03 11:29:19] Rosie Gray: so let's just get the document finalized, and published
[2021/04/03 11:29:46] Rosie Gray: putting it on the website and forums is easy, but the important part is going individually to people
[2021/04/03 11:30:09] Rosie Gray: and I would encourage all of us on the RA, and everyone on the SC, and all of the Estate Managers too
[2021/04/03 11:30:23] Rosie Gray: to take the time individually to chat with our citizens
[2021/04/03 11:30:48] Rosie Gray: it is not any one person's job, or responsibility, it's all of ours
[2021/04/03 11:31:09] Rosie Gray: and there is nothing like a personal touch, one person to another
[2021/04/03 11:31:21] Mizou Vavoom: /me nods
[2021/04/03 11:31:27] Rosie Gray: find out where their interests lie, maybe make a new friend
[2021/04/03 11:31:41] Rosie Gray: but at least to be welcoming so they know where they can find information
[2021/04/03 11:31:44] Rosie Gray: done
[2021/04/03 11:32:20] Tor Karlsvalt: /me hear hear!
[2021/04/03 11:32:37] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): Applause!!
[2021/04/03 11:33:04] Almut Brunswick: Thank you Rosie. As the original initiator of the CDS New Citizen's User Guide, let me thank you for all your contributions and your late (!) but now warm support.
[2021/04/03 11:33:41] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): /me bows humbly
[2021/04/03 11:33:48] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): if you will excuse me.
[2021/04/03 11:33:56] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): RL is calling
[2021/04/03 11:34:08] Tor Karlsvalt: bye Kyoko
[2021/04/03 11:34:16] Lilith Ivory: bye Kyoko
[2021/04/03 11:34:16] Rosie Gray: bye Kyoko
[2021/04/03 11:34:18] Mizou Vavoom: see you Kyoko
[2021/04/03 11:34:21] Almut Brunswick: First thing is that the document needs your input. It is written from my relative newbie perspective and yes, I do agree with Lilith, a good proof-reading and corrections and additions are mandatory before release it to the public.
[2021/04/03 11:34:28] Almut Brunswick: (bye Kyoko)
[2021/04/03 11:34:55] Almut Brunswick: In the past, I just saw some spares comments like "Her something needs to be added". Well...just do it! :D
[2021/04/03 11:35:49] Almut Brunswick: About the form of publication: I think we should publish it on the CDS web page as well as in NCs given inword to (potential) new citizens.
[2021/04/03 11:36:15] Almut Brunswick: The NC should also include the links to the web presence and the forum.
[2021/04/03 11:36:48] Almut Brunswick: The length and complexity of the text allows us to do both easily.
[2021/04/03 11:37:32] Almut Brunswick: Just keep the intended audience in mind. It should not sound too intimidating in respect on the complexity of our political and social system.
[2021/04/03 11:38:30] Almut Brunswick: Because Tor put it correctly in words: Most people here just want to have a nice idyllic place and won't pay attention to nasty things like politics.
[2021/04/03 11:38:44] Callipygian Christensen: /me raises her hand
[2021/04/03 11:38:52] Almut Brunswick: But this is, however, the actual backbone of our community here
[2021/04/03 11:39:41] Almut Brunswick: Done. Calli please.
[2021/04/03 11:40:11] Callipygian Christensen: Just to be clear - when you say 'Just do it' you want people to make changes to your document?
[2021/04/03 11:40:14] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[2021/04/03 11:40:14] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[2021/04/03 11:40:20] Almut Brunswick: YES!
[2021/04/03 11:40:34] Almut Brunswick: It is versioned anyway
[2021/04/03 11:40:48] Almut Brunswick: And it is not "my" document, it is supposed to be OUR document here.
[2021/04/03 11:40:56] Callipygian Christensen: The usual method with such things is to put the suggestions there for the creator to incorporate, otherwise you have the potential of A making a change, that B then doesn’t like and changes, then C says no no no and changes...
[2021/04/03 11:41:21] Almut Brunswick: It has ben created because of my initial question marks in my head about all the dependencies and structures of the CDS
[2021/04/03 11:41:37] Callipygian Christensen: it works best if one person ultimately accepts the edits, otherwise its a never ending revision.
[2021/04/03 11:41:47] Almut Brunswick: You can use highlighting for changes
[2021/04/03 11:42:05] Rosie Gray: depends on how you like to do things,I think
[2021/04/03 11:42:25] Almut Brunswick: Well, I'm willing to do this, but please not just "Here something has to be changed/added..." that does not help me at all. Make suggestions.
[2021/04/03 11:43:08] Almut Brunswick: You have he better knowledge than me in many things, so please share it.
[2021/04/03 11:44:41] Callipygian Christensen: Well my suggestion is that people use Suggestion mode so their changes and the original are apparent. Then you, or someone you ask to do so, can go through and incorporate them or not - that way it isn't Editing that removes other people's suggestions.
[2021/04/03 11:44:52] Almut Brunswick: I think the document is now in a stage that just some sanding and polishing is required. It should not get much longer now. Otherwise it becomes to encyclopedic and that will scare off readers more than that it will help to attract new people.
[2021/04/03 11:47:22] Almut Brunswick: So for the records: I'm willing continuing the main responsible for the document, but you all are asked to contribute actively to that. And not to wait anymore. The document has been made available in Dec. 2019, I think. High time to get that finished for publication. Done.
[2021/04/03 11:47:38] Rosie Gray: ··•°•··..☺ Applauds! ☺ ..··•°•··..
[2021/04/03 11:49:14] Almut Brunswick: Before we focus on the next topic, I would like to take the chance to return quickly to 1.2 Review and approve the Summary and Transcript: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9714
[2021/04/03 11:49:44] Almut Brunswick: Now we are three, so we can vote for approval.
[2021/04/03 11:49:58] Rosie Gray: I second the motion
[2021/04/03 11:50:33] Almut Brunswick: Aye
[2021/04/03 11:50:39] Almut Brunswick: Please vote
[2021/04/03 11:50:52] Rosie Gray: aye
[2021/04/03 11:50:58] Tor Karlsvalt: aye
[2021/04/03 11:51:01] Almut Brunswick: Thank you
[2021/04/03 11:51:58] Almut Brunswick: (I propose to Rosie to summarize the marketing/new citizen information with an additional headline in the records)
[2021/04/03 11:52:27] Almut Brunswick: 6. Old Business can be skipped. We don't have any.
[2021/04/03 11:53:05] Almut Brunswick: 7. New Business

7.1 On demand of the SC:

7.1.1 Further legislation needed regarding By-Elections and minimum size of Representative Assembly
https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9673
There is no rule in place in case of there are not enough RA candidates during the regular election.
CDS Constitution. https://cdsdemocracy.org/cds-constitution/
CDSL 20-02 By-election Procedures Act https://cdsdemocracy.org/code-of-laws-2/
[2021/04/03 11:53:36] Rosie Gray: brb
[2021/04/03 11:53:44] Almut Brunswick: I posted something in the Forum today as a first response
[2021/04/03 11:54:01] Almut Brunswick: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php ... 196#p50196
[2021/04/03 11:56:17] Almut Brunswick: After reading the SC meeting transcript, I wold like to ask the SC members here to submit or better: to publish their "to-do list" in adjusting our Code of Law as soon as possible. On my behalf, I will go through the existing laws and Constitution articles related to the topics "by-elections" and "minimum number of RA members".
[2021/04/03 11:57:55] Almut Brunswick: The next elections are just a couple of days ahead, so we need to create at least something like a makeshift till we have created a revision of all these laws a related or even to opt for one unified Election Law which would be my preference. Done.
[2021/04/03 11:58:28] Almut Brunswick: Lilith please.
[2021/04/03 11:59:35] Lilith Ivory: you also have to keep in mind that the RA as it is now, with only 3 sitting members would not be able to change the constitution anyway as this requires a 2/3 majority (which would be 4 of 5 )
[2021/04/03 11:59:38] Lilith Ivory: done
[2021/04/03 12:00:02] Rosie Gray: back (sorry will read to catch up)
[2021/04/03 12:00:29] Almut Brunswick: Thank you for the hint. Yes, this is because I was mentioning the "makeshift", because I'm well-aware about it.
[2021/04/03 12:00:53] Mizou Vavoom: /me whispers goodbye to all
[2021/04/03 12:01:02] Lilith Ivory: bye Mizou
[2021/04/03 12:01:29] Almut Brunswick: In worst case it might mean we cannot apply changes on the Constitution when we would remain "short-handed" in the next term
[2021/04/03 12:01:46] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[2021/04/03 12:02:14] Almut Brunswick: But we can revise the laws and look for pragmatic solutions which do not violate the constitution, but help us to master the current situation better.
[2021/04/03 12:02:37] Almut Brunswick: The Constitution is only involved in respect on the defined number of 5 for a complete RA
[2021/04/03 12:02:57] Almut Brunswick: That is something which is out of question anyway. I don't want to touch that.
[2021/04/03 12:03:48] Almut Brunswick: Albeit, we need to define on the right place that a RA of 3 is still workable in respect on quorums required for all other votes.
[2021/04/03 12:04:28] Almut Brunswick: That will be the aim of the RA's analysis and resulting in proposals. Done.
[2021/04/03 12:04:54] Almut Brunswick: Calli please
[2021/04/03 12:06:15] Callipygian Christensen: thank you - it isn’t clear to me what a makeshift until the laws are changed is. The process cannot be changed in mid-election, and the timeframe to write, publish, edit and vote on any changes means nothing can be changed prior to this election imo
[2021/04/03 12:06:52] Callipygian Christensen: so the best plan at this time, although it isn't overly optimistic, is to make sure at least 5 people stand for RA :/
[2021/04/03 12:07:17] Callipygian Christensen: Then work on the major changes into the next term..and these are major changes.
[2021/04/03 12:07:20] Callipygian Christensen: done
[2021/04/03 12:07:48] Lilith Ivory: /me nods in agreement
[2021/04/03 12:08:25] Tor Karlsvalt: /me nods
[2021/04/03 12:10:04] Almut Brunswick: I see it realistically this way, too. But it is start to work NOW in order to allow the next RA to continue this important legislative work. And not to shrug and to complain again and again before and during every future election. Therefore, please don't wait for too long to prepare this "to-do list" and to submit it to the RA. Done.
[2021/04/03 12:10:58] Almut Brunswick: (Calli, is this a new request to speak or still the previous one?)
[2021/04/03 12:12:27] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[2021/04/03 12:12:35] Callipygian Christensen: sorry..didn’t click it off
[2021/04/03 12:13:10] Callipygian Christensen: I will be sure to let the Dean know your request.
[2021/04/03 12:13:12] Almut Brunswick: This does not seem to be a new request, so let's change to 8. Announcements: We already have heard from our Chancellor about the planned activities. Please study our calendar then for dates and times.
[2021/04/03 12:13:23] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, Calli
[2021/04/03 12:13:37] Almut Brunswick: 9. Next RA meeting
Proposal: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 10:15 AM SLT.
[2021/04/03 12:13:52] Almut Brunswick: Rosie, Tor?
[2021/04/03 12:13:57] Tor Karlsvalt: Sounds good
[2021/04/03 12:14:02] Rosie Gray: /me consults the calendar
[2021/04/03 12:14:08] Almut Brunswick: Time is feasible for you, Tor?
[2021/04/03 12:14:15] Tor Karlsvalt: Writes it on all his calendars
[2021/04/03 12:14:22] Tor Karlsvalt: yes
[2021/04/03 12:14:25] Rosie Gray: there is already a LUC meeting on April 17
[2021/04/03 12:14:29] Rosie Gray: at noon
[2021/04/03 12:14:38] Rosie Gray: sorry I can't do 2 meetings in one day
[2021/04/03 12:14:45] Almut Brunswick: dang, then we need to move it
[2021/04/03 12:14:50] Almut Brunswick: Or course not
[2021/04/03 12:14:52] Rosie Gray: how about April 24?
[2021/04/03 12:15:07] Tor Karlsvalt: Should be ok too.
[2021/04/03 12:15:11] Almut Brunswick: One week later will be already in the election time
[2021/04/03 12:15:28] Almut Brunswick: Yes ok, no problem with it
[2021/04/03 12:15:33] Tor Karlsvalt: FYI, I am planning to be off work on the 15th and 16th
[2021/04/03 12:15:45] Almut Brunswick: So April 24, 2021, 10:15 AM SLT.
[2021/04/03 12:15:54] Rosie Gray: good for me
[2021/04/03 12:16:01] Almut Brunswick: Alright, Tor
[2021/04/03 12:16:03] Tor Karlsvalt: ok April 24th
[2021/04/03 12:16:33] Tor Karlsvalt: /me puts a sticky on his computer monitor.
[2021/04/03 12:17:08] Rosie Gray: /me puts the meeting on the CDS google calendar
[2021/04/03 12:17:10] Almut Brunswick: Then I declare this meeting as adjourned and thank everybody here for the prolific discussion. In the meantime, don't miss to follow the Forum discussions!
[2021/04/03 12:17:26] Almut Brunswick: Thank you Rosie!
[2021/04/03 12:17:28] Tor Karlsvalt: hear hear!
[2021/04/03 12:17:40] Tor Karlsvalt: And my apologies for being so late.
[2021/04/03 12:17:42] Lilith Ivory: just to announce the first election census will be taken at april 9th
[2021/04/03 12:17:49] Almut Brunswick: Adjourned at 12:17 PM SLT
[2021/04/03 12:17:49] Lilith Ivory: so make sure your tier is paid :)
[2021/04/03 12:17:57] Tor Karlsvalt: /me smiles as all his tier is paid up
[2021/04/03 12:18:12] Almut Brunswick: Ah ty Rosie, please add this to the 8. Announcements yet
[2021/04/03 12:19:17] Almut Brunswick: Have a nice afternoon or evening and of course a Happy Easter!
[2021/04/03 12:19:55] Rosie Gray: thanks Almut
[2021/04/03 12:20:06] Rosie Gray: thanks for coming Calli and Lilith
[2021/04/03 12:20:38] Lilith Ivory: bye all :)
[2021/04/03 12:20:47] Almut Brunswick: Tschüss Lilith
[2021/04/03 12:20:52] Rosie Gray: bye Lilith
[2021/04/03 12:21:01] Lilith Ivory: Happy Easter
[2021/04/03 12:21:03] Rosie Gray: bye everyone ㋡ see you soon
[2021/04/03 12:21:12] Tor Karlsvalt: Happy Easter everyone.
[2021/04/03 12:21:18] Rosie Gray: yes happy egg eating! hehe
[2021/04/03 12:21:18] Tor Karlsvalt: yup Rosie
[2021/04/03 12:21:22] Tor Karlsvalt: hehe
[2021/04/03 12:22:06] Tor Karlsvalt: I think I'll go hunt a bunny AV
[2021/04/03 12:22:08] Tor Karlsvalt: hehe
[2021/04/03 12:23:26] Callipygian Christensen: I am off to make one day late fish for my daughter's visit today
Citizen
Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”