RA minutes 10-September-2016

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Ranma Tardis
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Port Caledon

RA minutes 10-September-2016

Post by Ranma Tardis »

[12:10] Ranma Tardis: well we are ten minutes late, I call the RA into order
[12:11] Ranma Tardis: first order of business is to review and approve the agenda
[12:11] Ranma Tardis: any disussion?
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: agenda is fine, i move we approve it
[12:12] Ranma Tardis: a second
[12:12] Ranma Tardis: I second it
[12:12] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[12:12] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:12] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:12] Ranma Tardis: EM?
[12:13] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Aye
[12:13] Ranma Tardis: motion carries
[12:13] Ranma Tardis: second order of business is to approve the minutes
[12:13] Ranma Tardis: any disussion?
[12:13] Tanoujin Milestone: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7699
[12:14] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I think Les did a great work on that
[12:14] Ranma Tardis: Thank you Tan :)
[12:14] Ranma Tardis: Yes he did
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: yw :)
[12:14] Ranma Tardis: a motion to approve
[12:14] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I second
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to approve it
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, lol
[12:14] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:14] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): :)
[12:14] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Aye
[12:14] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:15] Ranma Tardis: motion carries
[12:15] Ranma Tardis: Now comes RA procedures
[12:15] Ranma Tardis: any disussion?
[12:15] Tanoujin Milestone: viewtopic.php?f=24&p=43506&sid=123e6440 ... 99c#p43506
[12:16] Ranma Tardis: if anyone has anything to say
[12:16] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Thanks, Tan
[12:16] Ranma Tardis: again I appreciate your assiatance Tan :)
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: i had time to think it through an di think it is a good proposal. No objections
[12:17] Ranma Tardis: a motion to approve
[12:17] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): The wording is shorter and more to the point now, in my opinion
[12:17] Ranma Tardis: :)
[12:17] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Second
[12:17] Ranma Tardis: we have such hard workers :)
[12:17] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:17] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Aye
[12:17] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:17] Ranma Tardis: motion carries
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: now who is going to update the text on the portal?
[12:18] Ranma Tardis: This brings us to updating NL 7-1 Government Question hours
[12:18] Ranma Tardis: whose job is it?
[12:19] Rosie Gray: the RA's job
[12:19] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Han*s?
[12:19] Gambit Jenkins is offline.
[12:19] Ranma Tardis: I do not have access
[12:19] Rosie Gray: no it's the RA archivist's job
[12:19] Ranma Tardis: I will bring it up with Han
[12:19] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I may remember it wrong, but I think she offered to keep the portal updated on RA matters
[12:19] Lilith Ivory: yes that´s the job of the archivist
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: we have to tell her ;)
[12:20] Ranma Tardis: so any disussion on government question hours
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: Government Question Hours: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7670&start=60#p43711
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: I support the solution C, that is Lilith/ Widget's version
[12:21] Ranma Tardis: I support C as well
[12:21] Ranma Tardis: we need to have hours
[12:21] Ranma Tardis: EM?
[12:22] Ranma Tardis: Lillith, Rosie Cooper?
[12:22] Ranma Tardis: any thougts?
[12:22] Rosie Gray: I support C as well ㋡
[12:22] Ranma Tardis: Pip?
[12:22] Pip Torok: none from me
[12:23] Lilith Ivory: nothing additional to what I said at the forum
[12:23] Ranma Tardis: a motion to approve
[12:23] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I couldn't find any solution C, just numbers 1 through 6
[12:23] Lilith Ivory: can you post it in the transcript
[12:23] Lilith Ivory: spo we know what we are talking about
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: it is Llilith/Widgets version
[12:23] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): #5 is C
[12:23] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): OK
[12:24] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I go for that one as well
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: shoud I post the full text of that version?
[12:24] Rosie Gray: perhaps it would help if you posted it in chat
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: code - Government Question Hour Act ( replaces NL 7-1 Government Question Hour Act)


Rationale:
In order to make the government more accessible this Act establishes an informal Government Question Hour with at least one government ‘official’ from each branch of government present, once per month. The Chancellor may schedule additional Government Question Hours based on public demand. These meetings will be open to all CDS residents to come and ask questions. The hours will rotate to suit the RL hours of our community.
1. The Chancellor is charged with organizing a Government Question Hour at least once per month. All members of the government (Executive, Legislative and Philosophical branches) will be invited to attend with at least one official from each attending.
2. The Chancellor is charged with facilitating representation from all three branches.
3. The Chancellor will rotate the hours of the Government Question Hour to take into account the different time zones of the CDS community and to ens
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: 5. The Chair will post a transcript of the meeting to the CDS forums, which may also include a summary of the content of the meeting. At the start, participants shall be informed that a transcript will be posted.

6. For each Question Hour, the Chair will -- in advance -- announce date, time and location in a Forum and via group notice. In the minutes before each Question Hour begins, the Chair (or an alternate) will announce date, time and location via group notice and in group IM.
[12:24] Ranma Tardis: Thank you Tan
[12:25] Ranma Tardis: a motion to approve
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, 4 is missing
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: 4. Meetings will be chaired by one of the government officials present and will be open to all citizens to attend.
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: copy paste did not work well
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: 3. The Chancellor will rotate the hours of the Government Question Hour to take into account the different time zones of the CDS community and to ensure representation from the different branches of government.
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: is this good enough?
[12:26] Ranma Tardis: yes
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: i move to approve it
[12:26] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): To me it is
[12:26] Ranma Tardis: i appreciate the hard work
[12:26] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I second
[12:26] Ranma Tardis: second?
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: we had a lot citizen input
[12:27] Ranma Tardis: :)
[12:27] Ranma Tardis: I second
[12:27] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[12:27] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:27] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Aye
[12:27] Ranma Tardis: ave
[12:27] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:27] Rosie Gray: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7670&start=60#p43711
[12:27] Ranma Tardis: motion carries
[12:28] Ranma Tardis: Again I appreciate the hard work and input of our citizens
[12:28] Ranma Tardis: Rosie I give you the floor
[12:28] Oakwood Nightfire is online.
[12:28] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Yes, thank you all who have participated
[12:28] Rosie Gray: oh thank you Ranma
[12:28] Rosie Gray: I just wanted to update on what we are planning for Oktoberfest
[12:29] Rosie Gray: it will be from Sept. 28 - Oct. 2nd
[12:29] Ranma Tardis: do you need any assistance?
[12:30] Rosie Gray: we are going to start off with a costume parade on foot, bicycle, and horseback, going throat he regions from Locus Amoenus and arriving at the platz in Neufreistadt
[12:30] Rosie Gray: yes perhaps Ranma
[12:30] Rosie Gray: but AbbyRose, Ariel, Lilith and Tor have been helping
[12:30] Oakwood Nightfire is offline.
[12:30] Rosie Gray: things might come up though ㋡
[12:30] Rosie Gray: anyway, back to the parade
[12:31] Rosie Gray: when we arrive at the platz there will be a biergarten
[12:31] Rosie Gray: and we are hopefully going to have a DJ who plays traditional oompah music
[12:31] Rosie Gray: that's on Sept. 28
[12:31] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): :D
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: oompah, hehe
[12:31] Rosie Gray: on Sept. 29, Hollywood Squares, since everyone enjoyed it so much during the carnival
[12:31] Ranma Tardis: =)
[12:32] Rosie Gray: with perhaps some comedians
[12:32] Rosie Gray: on Sept. 30th, .... this is something different
[12:32] Rosie Gray: a Paintball game
[12:32] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:32] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): YAY!
[12:32] Tanoujin Milestone: great
[12:32] Lilith Ivory grins
[12:32] Ranma Tardis: grins
[12:32] Rosie Gray: in the spirit of rowdyness during RL Oktoberfests!
[12:32] Lilith Ivory: hehehehe
[12:33] Hannah Bluemood Utherwurldly (hannah.bluemood) is online.
[12:33] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): We need lots of beer to manage that
[12:33] Rosie Gray: then on Oct. 1st, for something different again, we're working on getting Jaynine Scarborough to do a concert
[12:33] Rosie Gray: not sure about that one yet
[12:33] Rosie Gray: then, on Oct. 2nd, Sunday
[12:33] Rosie Gray: a dance party, likely in the dungeon of the Schloss
[12:33] Rosie Gray: something fun
[12:33] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:34] Rosie Gray: so that's where we are
[12:34] Rosie Gray: some things tentative still
[12:34] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): It sounds fantastic
[12:34] Rosie Gray: I think it will be fun!
[12:34] Pip Torok: agree
[12:34] Rosie Gray: as to help... it would be REALLY helpful if our members could be good hosts
[12:35] Rosie Gray: come to the events that you can come to, and play host ㋡
[12:35] Rosie Gray: and invite your friends to come too
[12:35] Rosie Gray: once we get a few more things firmed up, we'll start putting out the PR about it
[12:35] Rosie Gray: so there will be information to share
[12:35] Rosie Gray: on another topic
[12:35] Rosie Gray: Friedsee is coming along well
[12:36] Rosie Gray: the terraforming is done (except for some minor touch ups), the parcels are divided up, the Hippos are assigned
[12:36] Rosie Gray: so we are nearing the time to set them for sale again
[12:36] Rosie Gray: I think once the paths are mostly done
[12:37] Rosie Gray: for which I would like to thank Delia and the LUC, and Lilith for their work on it
[12:37] Ranma Tardis: :)
[12:37] Rosie Gray: and I'm done, unless someone has a question
[12:37] Ranma Tardis: am good
[12:37] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Great! THat is a big achievement
[12:38] Lilith Ivory: might be a good idea to have the parcels up for sale to octoberfest
[12:38] Lilith Ivory: and maybe have a guided ride through Friedsee
[12:38] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Agree!
[12:38] Rosie Gray: oh I forgot to thank Sudane too, who has a lot to do with all of the Hippo setups.
[12:38] Ranma Tardis: Yes everyone is working hard on Friedsee, well done!
[12:39] Rosie Gray: that's a great idea Lilith
[12:39] Rosie Gray makes a note
[12:39] Ranma Tardis: are you finished Rosie?
[12:39] Ranma Tardis: that brings us to Citizen concerns
[12:40] Rosie Gray: yes ma'am
[12:40] Ranma Tardis: does any citizen wish to address the RA?
[12:40] Rosie Gray: I do
[12:40] Rosie Gray: lol
[12:40] Ranma Tardis: please continue
[12:40] Rosie Gray: as a citizen
[12:41] Rosie Gray: my concern is that I'm not seeing the portal kept up to date with the posting of links to the RA Agenda, Minutes, and Transcripts
[12:41] Rosie Gray: all of them are there for years... lots of them I had to find and added
[12:42] Rosie Gray: which was a lot of work, I don't mind saying
[12:42] Rosie Gray: so I"m concerned that it's not being kept up
[12:42] Rosie Gray: and would urge the RA to ensure that the archivist does their job
[12:42] Rosie Gray: done
[12:42] Ranma Tardis: links?
[12:42] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Who is willing to remind Han that she is expected to do that job?
[12:42] Ranma Tardis: I will do it
[12:42] Rosie Gray: I thought it was Leslie who was to do it
[12:42] Rosie Gray: but perhaps I'm wrong
[12:43] Ranma Tardis: yes it is Leslie
[12:43] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): OK
[12:43] Ranma Tardis: I will have a chat with him
[12:43] Ranma Tardis: any other concerns?
[12:43] Lilith Ivory wonders if the RA has agreed on someone who does the transcript for today
[12:44] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I have a smal concern, as a citizen
[12:44] Ranma Tardis: yes?
[12:44] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): SO far we haven't, Lilith
[12:44] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): The beautiful air baloon in LA:
[12:44] Rosie Gray: http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/the- ... -assembly/
[12:45] Ranma Tardis: any other concerns?
[12:45] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I don't know haow to make it lift grom the ground. Is there any kind of description available to aviators in spe?
[12:46] Rosie Gray: it should have a menu you access, Em
[12:46] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Yes, but the balloon doesn't listen to me
[12:46] Rosie Gray: I think you touch the balloon, or the base of the basket
[12:47] Rosie Gray: hmmm... can't remember but I'll go with you to check it out
[12:47] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Well, never mind. I shouldn't take ut our time with this
[12:47] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): up*
[12:47] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:47] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Done
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: time enough for such imo
[12:48] Ranma Tardis: any RA member concerns?
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: not from me
[12:48] Ranma Tardis: EM?
[12:49] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Not from me, thank you
[12:49] Ranma Tardis: As the LRA, I am concerned about the lack of attendance to RA meetings
[12:50] Ranma Tardis: I wonder if there is a way to get more citizens involved in the government?
[12:50] Ranma Tardis: More citizens willing to be a part of the government.
[12:50] Ranma Tardis: Yes this is an old topic but does anyone have any suggestions?
[12:51] Rosie Gray: it's tough
[12:51] Lilith Ivory: and a problem we have for ages
[12:51] Ranma Tardis: I would like to have a panel to study the problem
[12:52] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Maybe we should be forced to call in soomeone else if we can't attend ourselves
[12:52] Ranma Tardis: yes it has been a problem from the start
[12:52] Ranma Tardis: yes I understand
[12:52] Rosie Gray: did you know that your other two RA members couldn't attend today?
[12:52] Lilith Ivory: even the factions had problems to fill their seats
[12:52] Ranma Tardis: am done
[12:52] Ranma Tardis: next is old business
[12:53] Ranma Tardis: have I forgotten something?
[12:53] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I didn't know at least, Rosie
[12:53] Rosie Gray: seems to me the RA members should be expected to say if they can't make an RA meeting
[12:53] Lilith Ivory: I have not seen Les and Han around for a while
[12:53] Tanoujin Milestone: i agree ; Rosie
[12:53] Ranma Tardis: I agree Rosie
[12:53] Rosie Gray: I know things come up, but most of the time they could at least send an email
[12:54] Ranma Tardis: I missed last meeting and understand
[12:54] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Except that time when I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up an hour late...
[12:54] Andy Sieyes is online.
[12:54] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:54] Ranma Tardis: mine was storm damage
[12:55] Rosie Gray: yes, things happen for sure
[12:55] Andy Sieyes is offline.
[12:55] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Then it was of course not possible to send an email
[12:55] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): But we should try our best to forwarn if we won't be able to make it to the next RA meeting
[12:56] Ranma Tardis: I will discuss it with them
[12:56] Ranma Tardis: any old business?
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone: no
[12:57] Ranma Tardis: any new business
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone: already adressed ;)
[12:57] Ranma Tardis: ?
[12:57] Ranma Tardis: any general announcements?
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone: we should find someone to post the transcript
[12:57] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I have none
[12:58] Ranma Tardis: I will do it
[12:58] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you, Ranma
[12:58] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Oh, thank you Ranma
[12:58] Oakwood Nightfire is online.
[12:58] Ranma Tardis: you are welcome
[12:58] Ranma Tardis: how about next meeting?
[12:59] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): October 8?
[12:59] Tanoujin Milestone: agree
[12:59] Ranma Tardis: my thoughts as well
[12:59] Ranma Tardis: a motion?
[12:59] Pip Torok: clash with Iktoberfest celebs?
[12:59] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I move that we meet at Oct- 8, at noon SL time
[13:00] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[13:00] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[13:00] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:00] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): What about the clash Pip mentioned?
[13:00] Ranma Tardis: aye
[13:00] Ranma Tardis: is it a clash?
[13:00] Oakwood Nightfire is offline.
[13:00] Lilith Ivory whispers: isn´t the octoberfest done already at the 8th?
[13:01] Pip Torok: sorry ... none that i can see
[13:01] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): OK. Then Aye
[13:01] Ranma Tardis: motion carries
[13:01] Ranma Tardis: a motion to adjourn
[13:01] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[13:01] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): I so move
[13:01] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Second
[13:01] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[13:02] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:02] Em Warden (mothercard.warden): Aye
[13:02] Ranma Tardis: aye
[13:02] Ranma Tardis: The RA stands adjourned until 08-October at 12pm Pacific
Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”