Transcript - Public Meeting - 22 December 2016

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: Forum Gai Nebuleuntis Curionis, Colonia Nova
Contact:

Transcript - Public Meeting - 22 December 2016

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

[15:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, let's get started, then, since I know it's late for some.
[15:07] Bagheera Kristan: I had a question, Gaius. What is the format of this meeting? will the transcript be posted on the forums? or what was your concept about the formality of this meeting?
[15:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The transcript will be published, but I was hoping it would be informal.
[15:08] Bagheera Kristan: ok thanks
[15:08] Lilith Ivory: Hi Tor
[15:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The idea is in its initial stages and, after all, this is not exactly a formal meeting of an official body.
[15:08] Tor Karlsvalt: hello all
[15:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Hi Tor.
[15:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We were just getting started.
[15:09] Bagheera Kristan: correct, but you know transcription is a bugaboo of mine, so I always like to be perfectly clear, thanks!
[15:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you for joining us, Tor
[15:09] Bagheera Kristan: some of us seem to be already drunk under the table !
[15:09] Bagheera Kristan: lol
[15:10] Lilith Ivory: hehhe
[15:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[15:10] Tor Karlsvalt: Yikes Pip, I like you and all, but....
[15:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, that was dramatic...
[15:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Seeing as he has left!
[15:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Anyway, I'm glad you are here, Tor.
[15:11] Bagheera Kristan: here I have rezzed a chair with some sits you can move and copy freely
[15:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I want to first introduce the idea and know your response to it.
[15:12] Bagheera Kristan: *raises hand*
[15:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): My idea is that a fund should be created which would encourage private events in the CDS and would under--
[15:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, Bagheera?
[15:13] Bagheera Kristan: please finish, sorry, I can wait
[15:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ---that would underwrite and defray some of the costs associated with events.
[15:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Part of this fund idea would include a certain allowance and, while it would not pay for everything, it will pay for a portion.
[15:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Once the money is out, however, it is out.
[15:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): It could cover things like textures, artists, musicians, and other physical items.
[15:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): It would be the chancellor's decision to give according to the guidelines set out in the plan, such as paying up to half the price of an artwork, up to a certain amount of a musician... etc.
[15:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): This is the specific idea of the fund.
[15:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are there questions?
[15:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[15:16] Bagheera Kristan: well, this is meant as discussion, not lecture....
[15:17] Bagheera Kristan: and please forgive me, my RL dog is barking at someone in the front yard, I need to go check,
[15:17] Bagheera Kristan: so pelease talk and I'll come back in a minute and pick up then
[15:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sure
[15:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Anyone else?
[15:18] Tor Karlsvalt raises hand
[15:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor?
[15:18] Lilith Ivory: it might be a problem if one takes money from CDS to buy items or textures which can be used later too
[15:18] Lilith Ivory: but I like the idea of having a fund for paying artists
[15:19] Tor Karlsvalt: Such a fun should have some caps too. say no more than 2k or 30 percent of the cost of the event.
[15:19] Bagheera Kristan: (back)
[15:19] Tor Karlsvalt: whichever is less.
[15:19] Lilith Ivory: wb
[15:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): WB Bagheera
[15:19] Bagheera Kristan: (let me know when I can talk again, please :)
[15:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I completely agree Tor.
[15:19] Tor Karlsvalt: Just to ensure that the event is mostly a private initiative.
[15:20] Tor Karlsvalt: and if CDS money is used than the event must be accessible to all CDS citizens.
[15:20] Rosie Gray: back
[15:20] Lilith Ivory: wb :)
[15:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): And, as we discussed before, be advertised to the group and elsewhere.
[15:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): WB Rosie
[15:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[15:20] Tor Karlsvalt: yes
[15:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Hi NAf
[15:20] Tor Karlsvalt: welcome back Rosie
[15:20] Tor Karlsvalt: Hi Naf
[15:20] Lilith Ivory: Hi Naf
[15:20] Bagheera Kristan: okay.. deep breath (pelase be patient, I have a lot to say, lol)....
[15:21] Naftali Torok: HELLO ALL
[15:21] Bagheera Kristan: First, I applaud the sentiment behind this, I am just more concerned about potential abuses and unintentional hard feelings , etc.
[15:22] Bagheera Kristan: I knew someone who was part of CDS - NOT who you think, btw - who was very excited about how much money CDS had and the opportunity to tap into that for their own personal gain
[15:22] Bagheera Kristan: NOT who you think, btw (repeating for emphasis)
[15:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[15:22] Rosie Gray: lol
[15:22] Bagheera Kristan: I am concerned that a fund such as this might actually attract people who leverage it for their own gain versus for the benefit of CDS, as I know such people exist
[15:23] Lilith Ivory nods in agreement
[15:23] Bagheera Kristan: and you wouldn't even know - say someone who creates an alt to be DJ and then charges a handsom sum
[15:23] Naftali Torok: grins
[15:23] Bagheera Kristan: that is JUST an Hypothetical example !
[15:23] Naftali Torok: booooom thanks
[15:23] Bagheera Kristan: two more thoughts
[15:24] Bagheera Kristan: first, I think a lot of this falls under the purvue of the Chancellor already, I would want this to help the Chancellor, not be an undue burden - in its present incarnation, as I understand it...
[15:24] Bagheera Kristan: one can come to the Chancellor with an idea that benefits CDS and - describe what it is, explain its benefit, and get some or all reimbursement
[15:24] Bagheera Kristan: secondly
[15:25] Bagheera Kristan: I would be more comfortable if this was about buying things - textures, dances, etc - that actually continued to belong to the CDS in Archive, and not something that became someone's personal property with CDS funds
[15:25] Rosie Gray: I agree with that
[15:25] Bagheera Kristan: this is all intended as discussion, please shoot holes in it to your heart's content
[15:26] Lilith Ivory: I agree too
[15:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): May I?
[15:26] Bagheera Kristan: pelase :)
[15:26] Bagheera Kristan: please :)
[15:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): My response to your first concern is that abuse seems an unlikely possibility.
[15:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, it could happen that someone DJs to eek more money out of the fund.
[15:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): However, with Tor's idea, that would still be a certain amount.
[15:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Further, it is the Chancellor's decision to use the fund.
[15:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Do you think Tor here does not know when we would be ripped off?
[15:28] Tor Karlsvalt raises hand.
[15:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We could also include in the provisions that the fund is only used to reimburse, after the event is put on.
[15:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sure, it could still be abused then too.
[15:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): But is that really all that likely?
[15:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I do not think so.
[15:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Further, it is a chancellor's concern, yes.
[15:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): But this idea is to set aside a specific fund, to budget for it, so that its funds can be more readily dispensed than having to go through the treasurer.
[15:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): A paperwork trail must still exist, however! This can still be done publicly and transparently.
[15:30] Lilith Ivory: how can it work that funds don´t have to go though the treasurer?
[15:30] Rosie Gray: so you're looking to have this is an additional line-item in the budget, over and above the Chancellor's budget?
[15:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Finally, for the concerns with using public money for private property, I think that there can be other provisions that encourage the communal use of the items purchased.
[15:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, Rosie, I am.
[15:31] Rosie Gray nods
[15:31] Bagheera Kristan: ((Tor raised his hand))
[15:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): This idea is in its infancy, but I think the potential is better than the negative.
[15:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I know.
[15:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor?
[15:32] Tor Karlsvalt: I agree this would have to be a special item. I did not account for this plan as it was not law
[15:32] Andrew Lane (andrewjon) is online.
[15:33] Tor Karlsvalt: I just want to say that this idea, incomplete as it its, came out of concern that private citizens don't take initiative to have events.
[15:33] Tor Karlsvalt: So
[15:33] Tor Karlsvalt: this was one idea to encourage citizens to have events.
[15:33] Tor Karlsvalt: This would not replace the government events.
[15:33] Rosie Gray: and these moneys would be out of the reserves
[15:34] Rosie Gray: just to be clear
[15:34] Bagheera Kristan: question for Tor....
[15:34] Tor Karlsvalt: Yes, but it would have to be a minority of the funds.
[15:35] Tor Karlsvalt: The intention is to encourage people to have events which they would be responsible for.
[15:35] Tor Karlsvalt: sure Bags
[15:35] Bagheera Kristan: At present, I think you have budgeted something like L$10K a month for events that are not actually defined....is that not already enough? would not citizens be able to come to you to help you fill that calendar?
[15:35] Bagheera Kristan: and would this fund help you? or hinder you?
[15:36] Tor Karlsvalt: First, I would always be open to suggestions for events.
[15:36] Tor Karlsvalt: However, I would not provide funds for private events.
[15:37] Tor Karlsvalt: I would support private events on public land.
[15:37] Tor Karlsvalt: Promote them
[15:37] Leslie Allandale: Raises hand
[15:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[15:37] Tor Karlsvalt: But I could not, I feel, give money to citizens who want to put on an event.
[15:37] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[15:38] Rosie Gray raises a hand too
[15:38] Leslie Allandale: go Rosie
[15:39] Rosie Gray: oh I was just going to say that if there are items purchased for an event, that I think they should go to Archie so that the CDS owns them. Then, Archie can rez them for whoever is holding the event and 'share' them with the LV group so that person can move them around
[15:39] Rosie Gray: done
[15:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): That's a good idea
[15:39] Naftali Torok: aha
[15:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Leslie?
[15:39] Tor Karlsvalt: That would be good. too.
[15:40] Leslie Allandale: Would an event produced by a group of CDS citizens for the benefit of CDS be considered a private event
[15:40] Leslie Allandale: ?
[15:40] Leslie Allandale: done
[15:40] Leslie Allandale: For those of you who don't know, we are forming such a group, though don't seek funding
[15:40] Naftali Torok: thinks on the bumpercart paviljoun in her inventory .....:)
[15:41] Tor Karlsvalt: In my view it would be a private event.
[15:41] Leslie Allandale: Why is that?
[15:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): And in my too.
[15:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, it's certainly not a public event!
[15:41] Leslie Allandale: then what wouldn't be a private event?
[15:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): It is done by private citizens.
[15:42] Leslie Allandale: It would be open to the public
[15:42] Tor Karlsvalt: Because it isn't held by the government.
[15:42] Leslie Allandale: So what events would youfund?
[15:42] Leslie Allandale: Or is this not about events?
[15:42] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, so it would fall under this fund's provisions.
[15:42] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): It is about events.
[15:42] Naftali Torok: nods
[15:42] Tor Karlsvalt: yes, but then we would have an issue with everyone wanting to get their event funded by the government. I think that would open a real pandora's box.
[15:42] Leslie Allandale: So why would a group be different then a single person
[15:43] Leslie Allandale: So what is this fund for?
[15:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): It wouldn't be.
[15:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): It is for private citizens to hold public events in the CDS.
[15:43] Tor Karlsvalt: The fund would allow the CDS to partially fund private initiatives.
[15:43] Playing: Multi-color program 5
[15:43] Leslie Allandale: And a group of private citizens does not apply?
[15:43] Playing: Multi-color program 9
[15:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): It does in my view of what constitutes "private citizens"...
[15:44] Tor Karlsvalt: For the record, all CDS citizens get community support in the form of use of public buildings and spaces for events.
[15:44] Bagheera Kristan: does it make sense to make this a separate line item from government events on the budget? why not increase the event line item amount and give the Chancellor more permission to disburse funds as s/he sees fit?
[15:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Because, ideally, Bagheera, I think this fund should continue past one chancellor's term.
[15:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor is favourable to the idea, but would the next?
[15:45] Rosie Gray nods
[15:45] Rosie Gray: makes sense to me
[15:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): It is another administrative tool.
[15:46] Tor Karlsvalt: I have no problem with that approach
[15:47] Rosie Gray: if there is a maximum amount of funds per term set, and other parameters as Tor suggested, and 'hard items' are kept in Archie's account, it all makes sense to me ㋡
[15:48] Leslie Allandale: I agree that encouraging participation in CDS, by any means, should be looked at.
[15:48] Bagheera Kristan: I know Gwyn talked about how a citizen could come to CDS with a special project - that was always part of the foundation of CDS
[15:49] Bagheera Kristan: I hesitate to set aside a fixed sum, because that doesn't have the flexibility to either contract or expand.... I would be more comfortable with not focusing on the money and more focusing on getting the word out about what we offer citizens in terms of support
[15:49] Naftali Torok: sounds still like a nice plan
[15:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, I think that most people would want some financial responsibility.
[15:50] Rosie Gray: I think we are looking for trouble if we don't set a specific maximum for each term
[15:50] Rosie Gray: and indeed a maximum for each production as Tor suggested
[15:50] Lilith Ivory nods
[15:51] Lilith Ivory: and perhaps making sure it is not only one citizen who spends that money but that there are funds left for others too
[15:51] Naftali Torok: i remember that i was happy with being able to use a big plot(empty at that moment) for our first bumpercarts festival, so that was a nice cds support
[15:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We should also be modest in imagining how much would actually be used. At the moment, there are no privately-held public events.
[15:51] Rosie Gray: yes Naf, and that doesn't cost us anything
[15:52] Naftali Torok: thats what i mean,
[15:52] Rosie Gray nods
[15:52] Naftali Torok: start with offering fysical opportunity
[15:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The Chancellor could always ask the RA for more money, too, Bagheera.
[15:52] Tor Karlsvalt: Right Rosie, and that kind of support seems totally within the scope of the Chancellor
[15:52] Rosie Gray nods
[15:52] Tor Karlsvalt: I feel money is more of a touchy subject.
[15:52] Tor Karlsvalt: there must be more control
[15:52] Naftali Torok: prims, land, help from archie's inventory
[15:52] Tor Karlsvalt: more transparency
[15:53] Naftali Torok: poersonal help for building or streaming, or scripting
[15:53] Bagheera Kristan: The other thing is how comfortable are people with what a private person might want to do who wants to hold an theme-specific event that others in the community find offensive?
[15:53] Naftali Torok: and finally when there need to be payed something, give the possibility to apply
[15:53] Bagheera Kristan: we have had that problem in the past
[15:53] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We have.
[15:54] Lilith Ivory: good point Bags :)
[15:54] Naftali Torok: good question
[15:54] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): In that point, it falls into the purview of the Chancellor.
[15:54] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The Chancellor has ultimate responsibility.
[15:54] Bagheera Kristan: a lol, I do not envy the Chancellor that one !
[15:54] Naftali Torok: i think so too
[15:54] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): No, but if it will be controversial then the Chancellor can deny the money.
[15:54] Tor Karlsvalt rummages for his suit of armor
[15:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): If a citizen thinks it is executive overreach, then they can go to the SC too.
[15:55] Naftali Torok: maybe ask from the person with the event-initiativ to write a short description and ask the chancellors fiat
[15:55] Lilith Ivory hides
[15:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sorry Lil. ㋡
[15:55] Bagheera Kristan: yea, for those of you who remember my time as Chancellor, I imagine you can think of several examples...and they did not go so well for me. I truly cared about doing the right thing and mostly ended up in tears
[15:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): But these are hypotheticals.
[15:55] Naftali Torok: haha
[15:55] Naftali Torok: looks under the table
[15:55] Naftali Torok: hello Lil
[15:56] Naftali Torok: grins
[15:56] Naftali Torok: sorry
[15:56] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I don't think we have as many controversial people these days.
[15:56] Naftali Torok: amens!
[15:56] Naftali Torok: amen
[15:56] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Now we need more participation, not less of it.
[15:56] Rosie Gray: that's true
[15:56] Lilith Ivory grins
[15:56] Bagheera Kristan: well, with participation comes controversial people, lol, sorry to play devil's advocate
[15:57] Tor Karlsvalt: hehe
[15:57] Rosie Gray: and the likelihood of people wanting to put on an inappropriate event seems to be low
[15:57] Lilith Ivory mumbles something about latex parties
[15:57] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I think so, Rosie.
[15:58] Rosie Gray: hehe
[15:58] Bagheera Kristan: smiles at Lil's mumble
[15:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): That would be an interesting public event, Lil ㋡
[15:58] Lilith Ivory grins
[15:58] Lilith Ivory: don´t challenge me ;-)
[15:58] Rosie Gray: it would all have to conform to the 'moderate' setting of our regions ;)
[15:58] Leslie Allandale: we are encouraging you
[15:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, of course, then we have the moder-
[15:58] Tor Karlsvalt wonders if Ariel can come up with some promotional copy on that
[15:58] Lilith Ivory: I know a latex store who tours around the grid hosting events and givine out gift cards
[15:58] Rosie Gray: and if it did... what's the problem?
[15:59] Lilith Ivory: I am concerned not many citizens might want to attend
[15:59] Tor Karlsvalt makes note to self to ask Lilith the name of the store..
[15:59] Lilith Ivory: but those details are out of topic
[15:59] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[16:00] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): No, but some people might have a problem if I tried to get funding for an LGBT Pride Parade, for example.
[16:00] Rosie Gray: well I guess there would be the prerogative of the Chancellor to think it's either a good idea that enough people might like, or not
[16:00] Tor Karlsvalt nods
[16:00] Rosie Gray: and I don't know why we couldn't have an LGBT Pride Parade either
[16:01] Leslie Allandale: nor I
[16:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): No, it's actually a great idea!
[16:01] Rosie Gray: we aren't all that stuffy here, are we?
[16:01] Tor Karlsvalt would hope the fund runs out at that event. hehe
[16:01] Leslie Allandale: but that begs the question of who thinks what is approriate
[16:01] Rosie Gray: that's why we have a Chancellor, eh?
[16:01] Tor Karlsvalt: I just had a thought that opposing tastes would probably demand equal treatment
[16:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, it does, Leslie. But that's somewhat of an unanswerable question!
[16:02] Rosie Gray: no I don't agree Tor
[16:02] Rosie Gray: since we are a democracy
[16:02] Leslie Allandale: depends on who wants to answer
[16:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, if they do, let them receive the money.
[16:02] Rosie Gray: we couldn't support say, a pro-white supremacy parade
[16:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Perhaps we should not get lost in the weeds.
[16:03] Leslie Allandale: One hopes those aren't coming back into vogue
[16:03] Tor Karlsvalt: Actually, I do think that if there would be a fund, content would have to adhere to TOS and our laws. Otherwise totally a first come first serve basis.
[16:03] Rosie Gray: I don't really see it as being a big problem
[16:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, I think first come, first serve makes the most sense.
[16:03] Tor Karlsvalt: I agree Rosie.
[16:04] Tor Karlsvalt: the White Supremacy or the altright as they like to be called nowadays would be against ToS and our own law.
[16:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Alright, here is what I have down on my list of provisions to include.
[16:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let me know if I missed anything.
[16:05] Bagheera Kristan: ((I have to go, sorry))
[16:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): There will be a cap of 2,000L or 20% on an event, whichever is less.
[16:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ok Bags
[16:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thanks for coming
[16:05] Rosie Gray: poof, she's fast
[16:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Items should be owned by Archie
[16:05] Tor Karlsvalt should be going soon too. Needs food.
[16:05] Rosie Gray notices that Naftali poofed at some point too
[16:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): There should be a fund amount set.
[16:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Transactions should be public knowledge.
[16:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Funds are first come, first serve.
[16:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): There is a cap on total amount the fund is given per term/per month.
[16:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Did I miss anything?
[16:07] Rosie Gray: if something is deemed highly controversial....
[16:07] Rosie Gray: maybe a consultation between the Chancellor and the RA first?
[16:07] Rosie Gray: I don't know
[16:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Added.
[16:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Anything else?
[16:09] Rosie Gray: can't think of anything
[16:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Alright
[16:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, let me know if you guys have any other ideas.
[16:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I'll pose the transcript to the forum.
[16:09] Tor Karlsvalt nods
[16:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): *post
[16:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I also really like the idea of having an LGBT Pride Parade ㋡
[16:10] Lilith Ivory: same here
[16:10] Tor Karlsvalt: When is that, June?
[16:10] Lilith Ivory: I liked the event we had at my place in LA once
[16:10] Rosie Gray: I like that too
[16:10] Rosie Gray: as I recall that last one brought quite a few people
[16:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Typically, but we could have it at a season where more people tend to be here
[16:10] Tor Karlsvalt: true
[16:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): March or April
[16:11] Lilith Ivory nods
[16:11] Rosie Gray: maybe spring?
[16:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Hm. ㋡
[16:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Plus then we could advertise it to SL LGBT groups.
[16:12] Lilith Ivory: yes!
[16:12] Rosie Gray: I was thinking that sort of event lets people know that they are welcome here, no matter what their persuasion is that way ;)
[16:12] Rosie Gray: lol, great minds
[16:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Very true!
[16:12] Rosie Gray: as long as they keep to 'moderate' in public
[16:12] Rosie Gray: lol
[16:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, haha. ㋡
[16:13] Tor Karlsvalt so the planing committee sign up sheet is on the bar. hehe
[16:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Hah!
[16:13] Tor Karlsvalt: hehe
[16:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I as about to make that joke, Tor.
[16:13] Leslie Allandale: Is it a high bar to meet?
[16:13] Tor Karlsvalt: beat you to it!
[16:13] Rosie Gray: hehe
[16:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We could do it in March.
[16:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Who would like to help plan it with me?
[16:14] Rosie Gray: sorry but I have to go
[16:15] Rosie Gray: bye everyone! see you soon
[16:15] Lilith Ivory: see you Rosie
[16:15] Tor Karlsvalt wonders if there is a Village People tribute band in SL
[16:15] Tor Karlsvalt: hehe
[16:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bye Rosie
[16:15] Leslie Allandale: Bye Rosie
[16:15] Tor Karlsvalt: see you Rosie
[16:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I think we are done here.
Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”