Marketing Graphics and Classifieds Complete

Forum to discuss business matters, commerce and the economy of the CDS

Moderator: SC Moderators

Josie Fotherington
Pundit
Pundit

Marketing Graphics and Classifieds Complete

Post by Josie Fotherington »

One of the items in my "to do" list for marketing this term was to place a classified ad for each CDS sim in the SL classifieds system.

As I set the ads up, I realized that each sim also needed some sort of marketing graphic or picture. Here are the marketing pictures that I created for each sim: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128912730 ... 8482295599

I gave Archie full perm copies of each of these pictures. I will also pass them to the EMs that set parcels for sale. You can start using these pictures in the Options tab.

Here is what the classifieds look like when they are returned as results in a search.

In addition to the classifieds and pictures, there is now a standard for the information that is in About Land on all parcels that are for sale in the estate. This means that a potential citizen will always see the same concise information in every parcel they explore.

And the For Sale signs are now in use. I posted about those a week or so ago.

I will have more on my marketing to do list, which I will address after Oktoberfest.

“And this also," said Marlow suddenly, "has been one of the dark places of the earth.”
― Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Marketing Graphics and Classifieds Complete

Post by Sudane Erato »

This is a great step... thank you! The only question I have is which account the classifieds are placed by. If it's yours, we should set up a regular monthly payment to make sure you are paid... or ditto for whichever avie account is running the classifieds.

I'll note here that Coop now has the ability to make payments from Rudeen's account... so he can do this too.

Sudane....................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Josie Fotherington
Pundit
Pundit

I created the classifieds in Archie's profile, so they belong to him.

I deposited $3000 L into Archie to cover the 5 ads (at $50 L each per week). The ads are set to automatically renew each week, so that money will get us through December 12. That final week I will go into Archie and remove the renewal option from all of the ads. The final week for the ads is the first full week of the next term and it will be up to that administration to decide if they want to continue the ads and to fill Archie's coffers back up.

I did create a notecard in Archie's inventory that is called "Classifieds Copy - Sept 2015". It contains all of the text used in all 5 ads. Archie also has all 5 of the marketing pictures (full perm). So if the next administration wants to place the ads, all of the content is right there in Archie's inventory to do so.

I have a detailed spreadsheet (with notes) that I am keeping on my personal funds that I have given to Archie, as well as the items I have gifted him from Marketplace. Coop can reimburse me for the balance that I have so far and I will send the spreadsheet to both you (Sudane) and Coop so you can see the breakdown of costs.

Hopefully I will be able to place an ad for Friedsee soon. As soon as I am able to do that, I will add the necessary funds to Archie to cover those new ads.

Oh and I won't forget to go into Archie and remove the renewals. I have it on my "term transition" to-do list!

“And this also," said Marlow suddenly, "has been one of the dark places of the earth.”
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

This is really great, good work Josie.

The other thing that can be done in the same vein, is something that Tor did when he was Chancellor. He set up ads in the SL Marketplace for each parcel, with appropriate images and descriptions.
ImageCDS LandStore

This could also be done with Archie's account, at no cost.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Josie Fotherington
Pundit
Pundit

Posting on MP was also on my initial marketing to-do list (http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6949). I'll do it once I have Oktoberfest up and running.

Return to “Business, Commerce and the Economy”