Cindy Ecksol ejected from NuCARE

Moderator: SC Moderators

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Cindy Ecksol ejected from NuCARE

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Cindy as you know took it upon herself to run for RA despite the faction voting that we would not seek anohter RA seat. She was inappropriate with the faction leaders at this time and did not either campaign in a way that made the faction proud in any way shape or form.

Subsequently she was appointed to the SC.

The faction head per the CDS vote in January........ bought land in Colonia Nova becuase it had been left bare and had a spinning for sale sign on it . The person who owns the land across the street, Arria.. asked me to put a garden there, and so i did.........Alexicon the chancellor then approved the build, commended it even. it has flowers trees and a roman bath house. This is the same roman bath house that was on my land in Colonia Nova for the past nine months .. approved by Alexicon then, and prior to that by Dnate. Cindy then enlisted Delia apparently............and they ? not sure about delia's part in this............decided that she didnt like the build ............she said its a hot tub, (which it is not) and she talked to Alexicon. She then didnt agree with Alexicons decision and now .. has appealed his decision................to HER SC.. lol.............and...............she rezed walls on public land to hide my land from public view in the meantime.......becuase of this behavior of purposefully griefing my land and CN, defying law i have hereby ejected her from NuCARE and call from her expulsion from SC.,........... she obviously cannot rule on matters and it has gone to her head. ...............she appears not to have respect for the law.........and thinks she should run everything. So, she is gone from NuCARE.

she is not fit for the SC, and i now publically state that i was in complete error in voting to approve her appointment.

ThePrincess Parisi
all comments from NuCARE members are welcome :)

Cleo
Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Cindy Ecksol ejected from NuCARE

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

theprincessparisi wrote:

Subsequently she was appointed to the SC.

Actually I think not -- unless there's something someone hasn't told me. Dnate and I have been nominated for SC, but RA has not yet acted as far as I know.

theprincessparisi wrote:

The faction head per the CDS vote in January........ bought land in Colonia Nova becuase it had been left bare and had a spinning for sale sign on it . The person who owns the land across the street, Arria.. asked me to put a garden there, and so i did.........Alexicon the chancellor then approved the build, commended it even. it has flowers trees and a roman bath house. This is the same roman bath house that was on my land in Colonia Nova for the past nine months .. approved by Alexicon then, and prior to that by Dnate. Cindy then enlisted Delia apparently............and they ? not sure about delia's part in this............decided that she didnt like the build ............she said its a hot tub, (which it is not) and she talked to Alexicon. She then didnt agree with Alexicons decision and now .. has appealed his decision................to HER SC.. lol.............and...............she rezed walls on public land to hide my land from public view in the meantime.......becuase of this behavior of purposefully griefing my land and CN, defying law i have hereby ejected her from NuCARE and call from her expulsion from SC.,........... she obviously cannot rule on matters and it has gone to her head. ...............she appears not to have respect for the law.........and thinks she should run everything. So, she is gone from NuCARE.

Sonja, Delia and I have appealed Alex's decision directly to him, and as far as we can tell if he refuses to reconsider, the RA has the right to overrule him, so we've asked Jamie to look into it as well. There is no appeal to SC pending at this time -- this is an administrative matter, not a matter of law. If it WERE appealed to the SC and I were a member of that panel, I would, of course, have to excuse myself because of the conflict of interest. But right now that's not an issue since I am not a member of the SC nor has the SC been asked to intervene.

For the record, here's the text of our appeal:
==============
Date: 16 May 2008
To: Alexicon Kurka, Chancellor
cc: Jamie Palisades, LRA
Sudane Erato, Estate Owner
ThePrincess Parisi, Lot Owner

Dear Alex:

This is to inform you that we are appealing your decision to not respond to our requests that you ask the owner of the outdoor bath built along Via Main South in the Forum in Colonia Nova to either remove the bath, or build a wall between it and the road. Not only do we believe that the open bath is a clear breach of the prohibition in the Covenant against unwalled hot tubs, we also feel that the build poses a public danger, since it is so poorly constructed that an avatar can easily fall off the edge of the pavement and be caught in a crevasse.

To temporarily remedy the problem, we have installed a wall on public property at the edge of this lot to both protect our avatars from entrapment and our eyes from having to gaze upon a construction that is clearly not acceptable under the Covenants nor in keeping with the quality of the build that we would like to maintain in CDS.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We look forward to your affirmative response and action.
==================
It may take the SC to sort out who should hear the appeal if Alex declines to take action, but from what we've seen in the complete code, it looks like RA should be able to override his decision if they so desire, so I imagine it will go to them.

In any case, we're prepared to make the case that a small, round outside bath is, by definition a "hot tub," that there is little or no precedent for such a thing in Roman architecture (baths were seldom round and always enclosed on all four sides), and that it violates the CDS General Covenants. Just because it was approved in a previous location where it was not so visible from public land does not mean that it cannot and should not be challenged in this location. Either we're serious about these Covenants or we're not. If we are, let's enforce them. And if we're not, let's get rid of them....

Cindy

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Cindy,
apointed, nominated, whatever.....semantics

and of course the appeal is fine that is NOT the issue the leadership has, its fine to appeal appropriately, it is NOT however ok to build a wall around a plot becuase you dont agree with the two chancellor's decisions and it is also not ok to then tell me that other people were involved with that.. which i think they were not.

its a pattern of behavior of disregard for rules that makes you unfit for nuCARE and unfit for the SC......sorry, but you have spoken a lot and not told the whole story my dear. there are many other instances that you have defyed this faction and its leadership in our opinion...

And if you had even asked about your concern on the covenent interpretation, or running for office, etc. etc. etc. first..maybe this wouldnt have happened. But it has and the leadership is unanymous in its decision and many of the NuCARE members have been in support of this decision as well.

You asked me to not have NuCARE support you in your quest for the SC. You get your wish. We will not support a person who defys a chancellor and builds walls around a build they dont like in order to make their point without going through the democratic process.You are not fit for the SC in our opinion. And we do not welcome you in our faction.

Our guess is this was all staged to support your own faction anyway, if it is, and it may not be.. oh well, enjoy. And anyone who goes with you... Have fun!

You are no longer welcome to treat us as you have.

Cleo
Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

theprincessparisi wrote:

Cindy,
apointed, nominated, whatever.....semantics

and of course the appeal is fine that is NOT the issue the leadership has, its fine to appeal appropriately, it is NOT however ok to build a wall around a plot becuase you dont agree with the two chancellor's decisions and it is also not ok to then tell me that other people were involved with that.. which i think they were not.

Sorry, Prin, but creative protest is definitely in the nature of democracy. Delia happened to be my "creative partner" in this discussion, but she wasn't the only one, just the immediate spark. In fact our creativity was sparked by the fact that Alex had already refused at least twice (once to me and once to someone else who can speak up if he/she chooses) to take action on what we thought was a clear violation of the Covenant. He told me afterwards that he just didn't think we were serious about wanting action. The intent of the wall was to draw attention to the fact that we were absolutely serious. Alex was not happy about the NATURE of our protest: the wall bothered him a lot. He suggested that we could have put out posters as a protest, but I pointed out that littering CDS with protest posters (and I had some dandy ideas for those!) would have been even more disconcerting than the wall. The wall was simple, made the point clearly to those who needed to see it, and at worst was "bad manners" rather than a violation of the Covenant. And of course it temporarily resolved the problem we perceived by placing the hot tub behind walls where the covenant stated it should be.

As for other people being involved....well, you know about Delia and Sonja who were directly involved. If others who knew about this and supported our action wish to speak about it, they will I'm sure. And if not...well, then, you can believe what you like. Nothing I or anyone else says is likely to change your mind if you have already made a decision.

theprincessparisi wrote:

its a pattern of behavior of disregard for rules that makes you unfit for nuCARE and unfit for the SC......sorry, but you have spoken a lot and not told the whole story my dear. there are many other instances that you have defyed this faction and its leadership in our opinion...

And if you had even asked about your concern on the covenent interpretation, or running for office, etc. etc. etc. first..maybe this wouldnt have happened. But it has and the leadership is unanymous in its decision and many of the NuCARE members have been in support of this decision as well.

Well, I do not consider a blast on the nuCARE forum here any kind of "official action" regarding my membership in nuCARE. If and when you decide to call a meeting, invite me to address any specific concerns, and call for a vote then I might decide to formally leave the group. In the meantime, I still think nuCARE's platform is the most coherent and practical of all the faction platforms. I support that platform and will continue to support nuCARE candidates as long as they continue to move the platform concerns along through the RA process.

theprincessparisi wrote:

You asked me to not have NuCARE support you in your quest for the SC. You get your wish. We will not support a person who defys a chancellor and builds walls around a build they dont like in order to make their point without going through the democratic process.You are not fit for the SC in our opinion. And we do not welcome you in our faction.

That first statement is simply pure nonsense. The truth is that I told you that I did not need five signatures supporting my candidacy for SC since Claude was planning to nominate me. When the Dean of the SC nominates a candidate, no signatures are required. The signature process is for outside nominations: any citizen can gather five signatures and present them to the SC. The SC would then vote on whether or not to nominate that person. How you managed to twist that into a request from me that nuCARE not support my candidacy for SC eludes my understanding.

As for "welcoming me in the faction" you are not required to include me in the leadership of course. And I'll note that I have NOT been part of the leadership to date, just an informal advisor, so this is really no change. You can't stop me from supporting the nuCARE platform though. We DO have free speech in CDS, and I expect to continue to exercise that prerogative in support of nuCARE goals.

theprincessparisi wrote:

Our guess is this was all staged to support your own faction anyway, if it is, and it may not be.. oh well, enjoy. And anyone who goes with you... Have fun!

Contrary to the rumors you've been trying to start, I have no intent to create a new faction. There are others that I could support, although their platforms don't fit quite as closely with my interests as nuCARE's platform does. And relative to the size of our community we have plenty of factions already, not to mention that Justice is in the process of creating another. I see no need for yet another.

theprincessparisi wrote:

You are no longer welcome to treat us as you have.

Well, Prin, I suppose there are some who do not like someone who seeks out common ground, engages in vigorous discussion, and actively supports action that moves the group purpose forward. Of course those things go along with speaking out clearly when individuals within the group take action that is clearly detrimental to the stated group purpose and refusing to support tactics that disrupt the entire community. No one has to read this forum, and of course anyone who doesn't care what I have to say can also mute me so that their thoughts are not contaminated by my opinions. But that doesn't seem like a very fun way to participate in the CDS process. I expect that each of my friends who happens to be a member of nuCARE will decide for themselves what relationship they'd like to maintain with me. So far with the exception of your blasts I haven't seen much change, and I certainly don't intended to assume that there will be change just because you have said so here.

Cindy

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

to whom it may concern:
Cindy Ecksol was ejected from the NuCARE faction per a 4-0 vote of the faction leadership
the faction leadership for those of you who do not know are : Mizou, Bromo, ThePrincess, MT. They make the rules, Cindy does not.

Cindy had been talked to on several occasions by one or more of us and she refused to curtail her behavior. She thinks she belongs to NuCARE, apparently, but she does NOT, nothing she says or has said for that matter is in anyway reflects the factions core beliefs nor does she represent us in any way shape or form.

Cindy,
I did not read your post, just glanced through it.. ..........I hope you are having a great time ! BUT...........you are NOT a member of nucare.......You have been ejected from the group...........the leadership of NuCARE DID meet and voted unanymously that you were not welcome in our faction.

There have been concerns about your cost/benefit to the faction for quite some time and this is overdue. I am sorry you think you beloong to NuCARE but you do NOT.

Cleo

Return to “New United Citizens' Alliance for Rights and Equality (CARE)”