Activities and Events Taskforce

Moderator: SC Moderators

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Activities and Events Taskforce

Post by michelmanen »

This thread will contain information, notices, discussions, transcripts and policy proposals of the CARE Activities and Events Taskforce.

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Diderot Mirabeau »

In my capacity as moderator I have taken the liberty of splitting a long and most interesting discussion about livening up the MoCA from this thread and relocating it into the [url=http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtop ... 7:3uvpri3u]General discussion group[/url:3uvpri3u] for the following reasons:

(1) The topic is of a general nature not specifically related to any stated policies of CARE.

(2) The thread has indeed involved a range of citizens in the discussion. However, to my knowledge not a single one of them is a member of the CARE faction.

In conclusion I'd like to remind posters of the Forum Moderation Guidelines, which state:
[quote="Forum Moderation Guidelines Article 3.2":3uvpri3u]3.2: Make sure that the topic of your post falls within the subject of the forum in question.[/quote:3uvpri3u]
Therefore, please exercise cautious judgement in posting discussions on general items in the factions' forums.

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Thread not at the right place?

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

You didn't really give CARE people the chance to reply, did you?
The posts were made really recently.

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Thread not at the right place?

[quote="TOPGenosse":9oh0qwge]You didn't really give CARE people the chance to reply, did you?
The posts were made really recently.[/quote:9oh0qwge]
You will notice that I have placed a link to your relocated discussion thread in my "justification post". I believe this should provide ample opportunity for CARE members to respond.

I'd like to encourage the practice that if you want to solicit answers from the factions to specific questions that might involve a broader spectrum of the community that the discussion post be posted in the relevant forum and that a short post with an encouragement to post the faction's position on the issue be subsequently posted to the relevant faction forum(s).

If you think this policy is unreasonable please feel free to appeal my decision and I will immediately present it for the SC plenary for resolution.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Knowledge and power

Post by michelmanen »

TOPGenosse is a CARE Member (Observer). He was making a cotribution to our policy-developing process. It is at the very least facetious to claim that our CARE threads are empty and then to remove substative contribtions because they do not conform to your personal views of a party's policy-making process...

And you talk about a Foucauldian critique of knowledge and power.....

I do not wish to have to resort to appealing your decision. Kindly replace the thread where you took it from and let's move on in a collaborative and collegial manner.

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Why mr. Mirabeau, in this exceptional case, is wrong.

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

Diderot I disagree with your decision as a moderator (Contrary to what I expressed in an PM message earlier)
Why move a thread if it only doesn't fit in with Netiquette? Guideline 3.2 you quoted is netiquette.
I MEAN IF I SHOUT I ALSO GO AGAINST NETIQUETTE, DO YOU SANCTION ME FOR THAT? I DON'T THINK SO :-)

- - - - - - - - - -

[color=blue:1t23ve0s][b:1t23ve0s][i:1t23ve0s]Again, for the CARE members who are reading this thread:[/i:1t23ve0s][/b:1t23ve0s][/color:1t23ve0s]

I'll repeat my core proposals about the museum:

[i:1t23ve0s]Propopose the following 3 measures[/i:1t23ve0s]

(1) Citizens can donate (or long time lease) the art they own or their own art to the CDS, it will be shown in the MoCA.
(2) The CDS will build it's own collection (donations and possibly purchases), it will be shown in the MoCA.
(3) Temporarily lower the quality requirement from "highly exceptional"* to "simply interesting (and above that)" * = I've taken the liberty of inferring this from my conversation with Rubaiyat.

IMO, this is necessary to make sure that the MoCA doesn't stay empty!
I would be very interested to hear what CARE thinks about it, and what policy it develops concerning issues like these.
(Which, of course, may be posted below)

I would also be interested to hear what CARE members think of my post in particular:
http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtopic.php?t=857

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Knowledge and power

[quote="michelmanen":25fkc6il]TOPGenosse is a CARE Member (Observer). He was making a cotribution to our policy-developing process. It is at the very least facetious to claim that our CARE threads are empty and then to remove substative contribtions because they do not conform to your personal views of a party's policy-making process...

And you talk about a Foucauldian critique of knowledge and power.....

I do not wish to have to resort to appealing your decision. Kindly replace the thread where you took it from and let's move on in a collaborative and collegial manner.[/quote:25fkc6il]
Sorry my oversight. TOPGenosse is not listed in the offical faction members' list on your website.

Your new concept of having "observers" and various other new and exciting roles have made it a bit more confusing exactly who has what role, what is on topic and what not and so on.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

Our Membership rules are quite simple and posted in the [u:167qxsv6]CARE Constitution[/u:167qxsv6] section of our website:

[quote:167qxsv6]5.1 Membership: Participation in CARE is open to all CDS citizens (CARE Activists: CDS citizens composing the CARE Faction, and CARE Observers: CDS citizens not in the CARE Faction) and non-citizens (CARE Supporters). All CARE members are entitled to take part in all CARE debates and activities. Participation in decision-making procedures (such as voting) pertaining specifically to CDS-related policies is open only to members of the CARE Faction (CARE Activists).[/quote:167qxsv6]

TopGenosse became a CARE Observer within the last 24 hours. Our [u:167qxsv6]CARE Faction[/u:167qxsv6] website section states:
[quote:167qxsv6]
The following is the current list of the CARE Faction members (CARE Activists), [b:167qxsv6]which CARE will up-date as required, within one week of a change in its composition[/b:167qxsv6]:[/quote:167qxsv6]

By the way, thank you for kindly acceeding to my request.. :)

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

[quote="michelmanen":2fknwn16]Our Membership rules are quite simple and posted in the CARE Constitution section of our website:[/quote:2fknwn16]
I beg to differ.

Incidentally it seems there is nothing to prevent me from joining your faction as an observer and perform similar policy development by proposing that the position of the Simplicity Party with regard to the judiciary becomes CARE policy. If that isn't confusing I don't know what is.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

You can indeed become a CARE Observer - but not member of the CARE Faction. This entites you to contribute to our policy debates - but NOT to vote on the final decision of the CARE faction on the matters you contribute to.

This approach is in full conformity with our position on absolute inclusion, deep diversity, and the power of the best argument. CARE Faction members by no mean possess a monopoly on wisdom, epxerience and good ideas and we welcome those of all other individuals willing to make a contribution to our policy-making process - be they even our opponents.

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Why mr. Mirabeau, in this exceptional case, is wrong.

[quote="TOPGenosse":2q0kfw1d]I MEAN IF I SHOUT I ALSO GO AGAINST NETIQUETTE, DO YOU SANCTION ME FOR THAT? I DON'T THINK SO :-)[/quote:2q0kfw1d]
I think you would have to be pretty tender-skinned to consider as a sanction the movement of "a most interesting thread" from one forum to another in order that it may be seen and discussed by a broader spectrum of users.

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

[quote="Diderot Mirabeau":780l5ygv][quote="TOPGenosse":780l5ygv](...)
I certainly hope my proposal <Above> becomes official CARE policy and will be endorsed by all CARE Activists involved in the Activities and Events taskforce.[/quote:780l5ygv]
Good point indeed. Maybe you could suggest in the CARE forum that your study group takes a meeting to discuss and vote on your proposal in order to have it elevated as official CARE policy as a way to move things forward?[/quote:780l5ygv]

Hereby!

The proposal, as you know:
[url:780l5ygv]http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtopic.php?t=857[/url:780l5ygv]

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

Let's get the Taskforce together after the elections, discuss this and decide on it. Thank you for taking the lead here, TOP!

Return to “New United Citizens' Alliance for Rights and Equality (CARE)”