Re-invigorating the MoCA

Moderator: SC Moderators

Gxeremio Dimsum
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Junk collector

Post by Gxeremio Dimsum »

Hey, I'm glad to see this issue back on the radar - what about announcing a theme every once in a while, and seeing what people can contribute, to make the collection more sticky and collaborative? Here are some theme ideas:
History of the CDS
CDS Portrait Gallery
The View From Above
Anarchy vs. Order
Simplicity
The stages of Second Life
Candid Camera

Also, it would be great to have some kind of ongoing collaborative work, like those magnet boards you put words on, but that anyone could change or add to.
Thanks for bringing this back up, TOP, and thanks for guiding MoCA, Rubaiyat!

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

MoCA

Post by Delia Lake »

I have been reading this thread with interest as i asked about MoCA and what it was to be, even before i moved to the CDS. In the spirit of good citizenship and contribution to the community, I would volunteer to curate the first exhibit for MoCA. If I were to do this, Iwould like to have other people volunteer to help too. I do have some experience, and have produced, exhibited and sold some of my own art--mostly collages and jewelry--in rl. If my offer is of interest, people are welcome to go and see what I have selected and assembled for my personal use in my townhouse and in my office in NSF, and also my landscaping at the Center for Water Studies at Better World Island. Althought they are not art exhibitions per se, they may give you some idea as to my approach to mix, composition and balance.

I also own a couple of pieces of art in sl that i would be willing to loan to MoCA.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

FYI, Diderot, Delia is also a CARE Member. Kindly replace forthwith this thread where you unilaterally removed it from.

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jon Seattle »

Hi Delia,

You may want to connect with Chicago who had been working on an exhibit when RL responsibilities got in the way. A number of people had already contributed their work to the exhibit.

Jon Seattle

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

Delia, I'm very happy to hear you volunteer for Curator!
I'd like to support you and I think, so does Rubaiyat. (And Chicago?)

Jon, what kind of exhibit is it? It's probably not the CN exhibit I heard about.

[i:z0n5h8rk]= = = Status of my 'Donate & Loan Art' idea : = = =[/i:z0n5h8rk]
3 people amounting to [b:z0n5h8rk]5 - 10 works of art[/b:z0n5h8rk]
[Not yet scrutinized for quality/applicability]

Gxeremio > I like your idea! But, I believe it's premature to add those 'constraints' since we first have to have enough contributions.
It would be great to do that at a later moment in time.

Chicago Kipling
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Chicago Kipling »

With great respect to the members of CARE, I'll start a new thread in the general forum. A number of parties have discussed the MoCA in their platforms and I have no desire to appear partisan.

A good photograph is like a good hound dog, dumb, but eloquent. ~ Eugene Atget
Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

[quote="Diderot Mirabeau":111p4g81][quote="TOPGenosse":111p4g81](...)
I certainly hope my proposal <Above> becomes official CARE policy and will be endorsed by all CARE Activists involved in the Activities and Events taskforce.[/quote:111p4g81]
Good point indeed. Maybe you could suggest in the CARE forum that your study group takes a meeting to discuss and vote on your proposal in order to have it elevated as official CARE policy as a way to move things forward?[/quote:111p4g81]

Hereby!

Return to “New United Citizens' Alliance for Rights and Equality (CARE)”