This forum is used for discussion by members of the SC
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Request - Sudane Erato

Post by Callipygian »

The SC has received the following request:

To the members of the Scientific Council of the CDS:

I hereby appeal to you for a decision regarding the rightness and legality of the instruction which I have today received from the current Chancellor of the CDS… namely, to wit….

“Bromo Ivory, Sudane Erato (Rudeen),
As per NL 8-4 Private Development Act.

Please arrange to move the sim known as Symbiosis from its current location to a position to the north and adjacent to CDS Colonia Nova. Please change the name from Symbiosis to Dougga. This is in preparation for the acceptance of the sim on completion of the build, the inspection and the correction of any punch list items. It will also assist in lining up sim boundaries.

I would appreciate it if you could arrange for this to happen as soon as possible.

I copy below the details from the SL website on the move of sims. I believe Bromo will have to pay $50US to do this.

regards Ceasar Xigalia,

CDS Chancellor”

Sudane Erato

The act referenced in the Chancellor's request can be viewed here:

http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/faqs ... pment-act/

The relevant sections appear to be:

for the development period " ... acquire a sim that does not lie within two sim-spaces from the CDS; ..."

and

" ...Upon final completion of the construction, privately built sims shall become part of the CDS ..."

In my opinion this clearly states that movement of the region(sim) occurs when the development is completed, not before.

In reading the law it appears to me that the purpose of the remote location of the region under development ensures that no privately developed region is physically attached to the CDS estate until it is constructed in compliance with the approved design and all rights to the intellectual property used in the development are licensed to the CDS. Additionally, since the transfer of ownership also transfers financial responsibility for the Linden Labs monthly maintenance fees, this would ensure that CDS is not placed in the position of paying these fees on land that is not ready for sale.

Therefore it is my opinion that the requested transfer does not comply with the law and should not be acted on.

I invite all SC members to comment and give their opinions here.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “SC Discussion”