Request: injunction on acceptance of Dougga -G. Mistwalker

This forum is used for discussion by members of the SC
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Request: injunction on acceptance of Dougga -G. Mistwalker

Post by Callipygian »

Received from Guillaume Mistwalker

1. Whereas the Chancellor Ceasar Xigalia has announced that the Dougga sim proposal is completed and approved by his office, thus ready to be transfered and deeded to the CDS;

2. Whereas NL 8-4 reads:
"Further, the Chancellor shall facilitate and coordinate this process, and shall consult with the Building Approval Committee (BAC) of the New Guild when doing so. However, the BAC shall be advisory only, and that Chancellor shall have ultimate authority on matters relating to the implementation of this Act. The Chancellor may appoint a deputy to assist him or her with this process, or to run this process under his or her supervision;"

And whereas:
"with the Chancellor or BAC periodically inspecting the work and requesting modifications within the discretion of the Chancellor, but subject to appeal); upon completion, the Chancellor or the BAC will inspect and the Chancellor shall approve the sim as final or request additional work within two weeks of notice from the builder that the sim is final;"

3. Therefore, I petition the SC to allow the Sim Advisory Committee (so named by the Chancellor in lieu of the BAC of the New Guild) to formally sit and to inspect the sim upon its completion, which has not happened, and intercede on the deeding of the sim to the CDS.

All SC members are invited to discuss here.

Last edited by Callipygian on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add name of petitioner to tile and text
People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Request: injunction on acceptance of Dougga -G. Mistwalk

Post by Callipygian »

Additonal information:

From the Forums:

Re: Dougga Sim Advisory Committee
Postby Ceasar Xigalia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Ceasar Xigalia wrote:
I have invited an advisory committee to be known as the Dougga Sim Advisory Committee (Building Approval Committee) to assist me as Chancellor for the inspection phase of the Dougga sim development.

The following citizens have been invited to join the committee:

Arria Perrault (SC member)
Butterfli Summers (new citizen and Lindenlab featured sim designer)
Dawg (new citizen)
Gauis Tiberius Curio (Citizen and visitor to RL Dougga)
Gwyneth Llewelyn (RA member)
Lam Erin (citizen builder, CDS estate manager)
Sonja Strom (former Chancellor and CDS estate manager)

As the Guild and BAC referenced in law no longer exist, the Chancellor indicates here that his advisory committee will fulfill the role of the BAC referenced in law.

The Chancellor provided a notecard to the members of his DSAC with the following text:

Arria, Butterfli, Dawg, gaius, Gwyn, Lam, Sonja,

I would like to invite you to visit Dougga over the next few days to help advise me as Chancellor. Please let me have your feedback.

Regards Ceasar

The DSAC has never met as a body to discuss the Dougga project.

While the Proposal posted for the Dougga region here http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 551#p32447 shows the main map 04 of region location and themes for expansion, it failed to include Map 05

gmp_05.jpg

Map 5 clearly shows an infrastructure that does not match the plan approved by the Chancellor for Dougga in the CN5 position, lacking its harbour component, and changing the location of roads.
The GMP states:

D. INFRASTRUCTURES:

The GMP will define the MAIN INFRASTRUCTURES that guarantee ground or sea communication between sims. MAIN INFRASTRUCTURES are mandatory. They are designed by the Guild or subject to Guild approval.

Opinion: While the changes to the GMP that were in the approved plan may be viewed as minor, at a minimum , in the absence of the Guild/BAC, the DSAC should have been made aware of this variance, asked for an opinion and commission approval, and then a request for this variance to the GMP brought to RA for approval, with the DSAC recommendation.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Request: injunction on acceptance of Dougga -G. Mistwalk

Post by Callipygian »

At its meeting on Oct 9 the SC granted a seven day injunction in response to this request.

The subsequent withdrawal of the Dougga proposal renders the petition and the injunction moot.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “SC Discussion”