NL 7-1 Government Question Hour Act

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

NL 7-1 Government Question Hour Act

Post by Lyubov »

The current law is here, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-7-1-go ... -hour-act/

I propose that we update this law to change the requirement of a meeting transcript to simply a summary. Specifically, section 5 states, "The Chair will post a transcript of the meeting to the CDS forums, which may also include a summary of the content of the meeting. At the start, participants shall be informed that a transcript will be posted.".

The intent of the act as stated in the Rationale is, "to make the government more accessible this Act establishes an informal Government Question Hour". A formal transcript is at odds with the intended informal nature of the meeting. Casual chit-chat is what makes the GQH unique and valuable.

I suggest that section 5 be revised to, "The Chair will post a summary of the content of the meeting to the CDS forums. At the start, participants shall be informed that a summary will be posted.".

Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: NL 7-1 Government Question Hour Act

Post by Lyubov »

We had an extensive discussion about this during today's RA meeting. It was agreed to post this topic to General Discussion to continue our discussion.

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

I volunteer to open a topic on General Discussion with the relevant quotes from the RA meeting asap after the transcript is posted.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”