Post by Callipygian »

Agenda - Nov 18 2012

Agreement to be recorded and published
Approval of Agenda

Old Business

all old business will be carried over to the next meeting

New Business

1. upcoming byelection and census

Rationale: To have a byelection and a full RA before the holidays, while meeting the 28 day constitutional requirement for citizen's to qualify to vote, a census will need to be done before the new RA is sworn in. If we leave it until after, with the holidays in the middle, we will not have a full RA, potentially, for a third of the term.

I am proposing that we vote on the following dates for the byelection:

Census: Sunday Nov 18 - today; notice was posted to the Forums on the 11th, reminding people that a census would be coming up for the byelection
Call for candidates:Dec 1- immediately after the new RA has its first meeting, I expect that the LRA will request the SC proceed with the byelection. Even if we do not receive a request it is the SC's duty to administer a byelection for the seat
Deadline to declare:Dec 7
Campaigning: Dec 7 - 14
Polls open noon Saturday Dec 15 for 96 hours closing at 11.59 on Wednesday Dec 19

This timeline allows a week to declare and a week to campaign, four days to vote and completed before the Christmas week.This should mean that RA only has one meeting with less than all seats filled.

This will be structured discussion; each SC member will either give their thoughts or refer to their comments here in the Forums. Each SC member will then have the opportunity to ask any questions or provide further rationale if requested. After all SC members are heard, any questions from citizens present may be addressed. The vote will then be taken.

Next meeting

Adjourn

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: SC meeting Nov 18 8 AM SLT Agenda

Post by Arria Perreault »

I agree with the proposed schedule.

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”