Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Ceasar Xigalia - Manifesto

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Manifesto

Ceasar Xigalia

Vision
My vision as Chancellor is to ensure CDS continues to grow and that the democratic experiment continues to thrive. I will do this is a number of ways.

Teamwork
The duties of the Chancellors office are broad and working as a team will allow us to achieve the highest level of success over the next 6 months. Therefore I will promote a team of people who represent the Chancellors office and who are responsible for assisting the day to day work of the Executive Branch.
The Executive Offices of:
Vice Chancellor
Estate Managers – I will create a job description then seek application from qualified citizens
Joint PIO/events
Joint PIO/events
New Citizen Orientation
Treasurer – I request that Sudane Erato remain as treasurer

Promote CDS
I will work to keep CDS on the path to sustainable success by:
• increasing the opportunity for Citizen participation
• ensuring growth in Citizen numbers
• effective management of sim resources to ensure everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the facilities
• building faith in the community, drawing Citizens closer together
• increasing participation in CDS events
• promote the building of a new sim – I personally have a vision of the island of Elba (off the Tuscan coast) and a (void sim) sea for boating or small sailboats - but see this as a starting point for discussion and development.
• use the upcoming CDS 10th anniversary as an opportunity to hold special events to promote CDS, our democracy and sims.

Participation - working towards community
I would like to see a sustained growth in the numbers of Citizens in CDS and that everyone has an opportunity to participate.
To this end I would work towards:
• Development of a new sim(s)
• Increased forums and groups to discuss and participate in ideas and opportunities for the growth of CDS
• The appointment of 2 PIO/events and a New Citizen Orientation positions
• Welcome new citizens
• Building cohesion with current citizens
• Bonding of the group by getting to know each other
• Spending time in various public and private CDS venues

Separation of powers in government and NGOs
I believe that the each branch of government and to some extent the purpose of NGOs is to balance the distribution of political power as a protection to all Citizens and their rights within the CDS democracy. Therefore I will work to ensure that CDS government complies with the separation of powers envisaged by the founders when they created the constitution.

Promise about eminent domain/ compulsory purchase
I promise to protect the right of Citizens to own specific parcels of land. I will not agree to (i.e. will veto) the use of eminent domain/ compulsory purchase to remove involuntarily any Citizen from their land.

More transparency/open government
I believe that government should and must be transparent in its operation and how it deals with the issues presented to it.
Therefore I will ensure that:
• all formal Executive Branch meetings are recorded
• all Executive Offices are accountable
• all formal decisions of the Executive are made public
• process and policy is used to ensure the fairness of decision making

Policies and process
I shall develop a set of policies and processes to show how the Chancellors office will manage the elements of Executive government. The intention here is to build on the successful elements from past Chancellors and to create a code of practice for my administration and that of future Chancellors.

Succession Planning
I would propose a law (to the 21st RA) that a Chancellor team is elected. This would provide succession planning in the event of loss for whatever reason of the incumbent Chancellor. Specifically that there is a Chancellor and a Vice Chancellor and they are both elected. The Vice Chancellor being the official successor for the Chancellor in the event of a loss or resignation.
In the absence of a specific law I intend to run my office this way with a team of Citizens (outlined above) who will assist me in the day to day operation of the Executive Branch. Obviously a change in law is required to make formal succession planning a reality in CDS.

Sim design and build
I mentioned above a suggestion for a possible next sim(s). I would promote the idea of new sim development and would seek the inclusion of all those Citizens who wish to be a part of such an exciting opportunity for the growth of CDS.
In the event that there is still work to complete Locus Amoenus at the start of the 21st RA I would ensure the rapid conclusion of this redevelopment. I have been involved myself in contributing to the development of Locus Amoenus by building the current bridge and the creation of fishing village build options for future residents.

CDS is a group of citizens who chose to live here because of the nature of our democratic process, sense of community and the beauty of our sims. This does not happen by accident. It is an experiment started by the founders of CDS that requires ongoing care and attention to maintain its success into the future. I will do my best to ensure the continued success of CDS.

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: Ceasar Xigalia - Manifesto

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

I am very happy to announce that Bagheera Kristan is joining my Chancellor election team as the CDS Vice Chancellor! Bagheera will be responsible for estate management and the EM team.

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: Ceasar Xigalia - Manifesto

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Teamwork
The duties of the Chancellors office are broad and working as a team will allow us to achieve the highest level of success over the next 6 months. Therefore I will promote a team of people who represent the Chancellors office and who are responsible for assisting the day to day work of the Executive Branch.
The Executive Offices of:
Vice Chancellor
Estate Managers – I will create a job description then seek application from qualified citizens
Joint PIO/events
Joint PIO/events
New Citizen Orientation
Treasurer – I request that Sudane Erato remain as treasurer

In addition to Bagheera joining my team as Vice Chancellor, I'm very happy to announce that AbbyRose Abbot, Dee Shepherd and Molly Medier have all agreed to become joint PIO/Events coordinators if I'm elected Chancellor.

Ceasar

Ceasar Xigalia,

Return to “Candidates' Platforms”