Patroklus Murakami - Chancellor Manifesto

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Patroklus Murakami - Chancellor Manifesto

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Patroklus Murakami - Building Bridges
I stood for election in the recent byelection because I thought I could bring a new perspective to the Chancellor's Office. I would like your support to complete the task over the next six months.

My campaign themes and messages have not changed. I'm about Building Bridges and celebrating the CDS at our best. I set out my manifesto in more detail here. And here, here and here.

Building Bridges... Between People
Since taking office in the byelection I have shown that I want to be Chancellor for all of the CDS. As far as I’m concerned, there are only citizens and we are all equal - no matter how long we have lived here.

The only way our Government can function is if a lot of people do a little rather than relying on a few people to do a lot. I've been hugely pleased by the response of our citizens. Everyone has pitched in, for example, to make "Floralia" a success. Let's build on that.

Building Bridges… To Rebuild Locus Amoenus
We are well on our way here so please re-elect me so I can complete the task.
The Guild is re-engaged on the project and key infrastructure is being completed. Let's complete the project in an inclusive, collaborative fashion - the way it should have been in the first place.

Once finished, let's celebrate! LA has great locations to hold events and we should mark the successful completion of the rebuild project with a party to bring everyone together.

Building Bridges… Connecting past, present and future!
This year marks our 10th Anniversary. On 21 September 2004 Linden Labs delivered a portion of the Anzere sim to the then Neualtenburg Projekt and our community was born. Since then we have expanded to five sims and almost 80 citizens.

We have ten years of history to celebrate.
We have six sims (the CDS plus Anzere) to hold events in.
We have dozens of past, present and future citizens to welcome to our community.

This year we should do them proud. We already have ideas - some practical, some "lunatic" :) being debated on our forums. This year we should plan for the best Oktoberfest and the best celebration of our history we have seen to date.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Patroklus Murakami - Chancellor Manifesto

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Having been in office for a few weeks now (and facing another election to continue) I've been reflecting on what I've learned in this short period.

The experience of organising our "Floralia" celebrations has made me reconsider some of the positions I've promoted in the past. We had a lot of volunteers from among our citizens who put in a lot of their own time to make three sporting events, two live music events, poetry reading, treasure hunt and Maypole dancing take place. And our citizens turned out for many of the events and we drew in new people to them too. But several previous Chancellors have shared their experiences of struggling to get involvement and the job of "Public Information Officer" for example, proves difficult to fill.

So I would like to do two things:
* reward our citizens volunteers to show our appreciation of the work they do to make the CDS a fun and exciting place to be. That could be through a stipend or through rewarding citizens with 'one off' payments to say thank you for working on a particular project. If reelected I will bring a budget which includes stipends and a budget for these kind of awards. I still think that stipends got a bit out of hand a while back so these would not be massive amounts of money but enough to recognise that people often contribute their own money (uploading textures, buying marketplace items etc) as well as their valuable free time.

* have more regular events. I once had the utopian idea that, if we cut back on event-funding and left it to private individuals and businesses in CDS, then they would step forward to fill in the gap. I was wrong - mostly! I think some happened but not as many as I would have hoped for. I'd like to set up a programme of events for the CDS so that there is at least one thing happening every week - live music, a discussion group, poetry reading. If reelected I will set aside an events budget to fund this, alongside our Oktoberfest and 10th birthday celebrations.

My hope is that we will attract new people with our participation in SL's 11th birthday community celebration, have a new sim ready for them to move into by the time our own 10th birthday celebrations and then have lots of fun things for them to do when they get here.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “Candidates' Platforms”